Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,983 members, 7,922,392 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:26 AM

Nigeria In The Future? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In The Future? (801 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria In The Future? by DeepZone: 8:25am On Sep 09, 2008
What are your thoughts and fears about Nigeria in future from the way things are going now?. Do you sincerely believe that your children will see Nigeria as one in the next 30 years? If yes, what and what do you think must change for the unity to be rest assured?

I think the problem of Nigeria is slowly drifting from tribal to mere civil issue, the Nigerian populace are getting tired of their leaders and may soon revolt because they are realizing that irrespective of who is leading, the pain and misery remains the same. I think this crusade will definitely start from the north.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by oziomatv(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2008
We actually don't know why we're suffering in Nigeria, Only our leaders who knows for who's interest they're working for.
Nigerian is being ruled by evil hidden men who their interest are OIL & Gas. They used our Leaders to achieve their goals.
We need an underground revolution to reshape and derail our govt. and Economy's direction. They keep people ignorant through a particular book.
I see People dieing of hunger while FORBES published the increase of world BILLIONAIRES mostly from OIL and GAS section. Is it not IRONIC?

WE NEED TO REBEL OR HELL WILL BE THE ONLY CHOICE.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by DeepZone: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2008
Do you think Nigeria at the rate she is going will comfortably celebrate her 80th birthday?
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by oziomatv(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2008
We are the 6th or 8th oil producer in the world and the worst country to experience a tremendous fuel scarcity, We have Educated Nigerians but we're being Ruled by ILLITERATES and MUMUS, A country with multi natural resources only to cry for FOOD.

Nigeria has never gotten an INDEPENDENCE we're celebrating FUTURE INDEPENDENCE. We have to fight for Independence first before we start to know where our problem is.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by oziomatv(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2008
After ZIK, Tafawa Belewa, Awo, Amadu Bello, those founding fathers, after they left what were the products of Nigerian govt.?
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 09, 2008
DeepZone:

What are your thoughts and fears about Nigeria in future from the way things are going now?. Do you sincerely believe that your children will see Nigeria as one in the next 30 years? If yes, what and what do you think must change for the unity to be rest assured?

I think the problem of Nigeria is slowly drifting from tribal to mere civil issue, the Nigerian populace are getting tired of their leaders and may soon revolt because they are realizing that irrespective of who is leading, the pain and misery remains the same. I think this crusade will definitely start from the north.

How come you seriously attacked me in one of your threads when i said something about leading a peaceful revolution? Are just realizing that Nigerians have been pushed to the wall by their rulers or that you were just being mischievous as usual?
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by bilymuse: 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
at poster
I think this crusade will definitely start from the north.

There would be no revolt from the north. For the past 50 years the north has never revolt over economy, only religion issues brought them to the street. there is no sign it going to change soon. The Muslim north believe that everything comes from God, therefore a bad economy too comes from God.  This explain the lackadaisical attitude of  a core northerner:  everything is of God, man cannot change anything except its  the will of God.

The northerner only comes to the street to butchered other tribe on the false pretence of religion.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by bawomolo(m): 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
In 30yrs nigeria would be a more industralized nation with more enlightened people. most people would have ran away to urban areas from their papa's village by then. the first/2nd generation of nigerian politicians would be dead by then so there's hope for the future
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by RibaduFan(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
IF the current trend continues, Nigeria and other African countries would be back into slavery (like it use to be in 18th century), that's y we need to change immediately.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by DeepZone: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2008
There would be no revolt from the north. For the past 50 years the north has never revolt over economy, only religion issues brought them to the street. there is no sign it going to change soon. The Muslim north believe that everything comes from God, therefore a bad economy too comes from God. This explain the lackadaisical attitude of a core northerner: everything is of God, man cannot change anything except its the will of God.

The northerner only comes to the street to butchered other tribe on the false pretence of religion.

Good observation.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by DeepZone: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2008
In 30yrs nigeria would be a more industralized nation with more enlightened people. most people would have ran away to urban areas from their papa's village by then. the first/2nd generation of nigerian politicians would be dead by then so there's hope for the future
Amen.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by abdurrazaq(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
angry undecided angry
Do I really need to see Nigeria as one in the next 30 Years. If the joyful of killing of the 'unbelievers' by the Northerner is the only thing that will be eliminated by the splitting of Nigeria then I will not relent in praying and working towards getting Nigeria splitted into more peaceful Nations
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by bilymuse: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
In 30yrs Nigeria would be a more industrialized nation with more enlightened people.

Sorry to dissappoint you, l think Nigeria would be worst than it is today in 30 years time. The basic ingredients for nation building is absent. Our infrastructure has been decaying year after year, Nigeria is one of  the most corrupt nation in the world, the three major tribe hate each other, the militant in the oil community are in arms with the federal government, Mossob want to secede,  no social cohesion, economy policy, nothing, just nothing.

For the past 30 years people have been praying day and night for things to get better, but it only got worst. We are yet to reach the bottom, there is no hope, no future, nothing. For the diasporian,  if you are lucky to get a dual citizenship, please do, this country is doom.

No tribe in Nigeria is happy being a Nigerian . We would be very lucky if Nigeria still exist as a nation in 30 years time, our destiny is tied to oil, when the oil finishe, Nigeria will certainly disintegrate.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by QuotaSyste(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2008
bilymuse:

at poster
There would be no revolt from the north. For the past 50 years the north has never revolt over economy, only religion issues brought them to the street. there is no sign it going to change soon. The Muslim north believe that everything comes from God, therefore a bad economy too comes from God. This explain the lackadaisical attitude of a core northerner: everything is of God, man cannot change anything except its the will of God.

Couldn't have said it more better. Don't mind any fool that think the northerners will start any revolution in nigeria. Take this forum and other nigerian forums for example, have you ever seen any notherner criticizing the northern leadership?
Is it not Buhari together with IBB and Abdusalam that claimed Abacha didn't stole any money? Tomorrow, you will see many idiots in this forum saying that Buhari is the most honest ruler from the north (which is the same view hold by an average northerner) and is supposed to rule nigeria. Someone that is defending Abacha to the extent of claiming he didn't steal nigeria's money. Revolution by northerners my arssss.
Re: Nigeria In The Future? by FBS: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2008
Nigeria is sick and needs healing! but really, is there anything like Nigeria? even our flag needs revisiting. It doesnt represent or put the spirit of nationhood in you! I maybe wrong but you could very well say that we are not a "people"

we consider our tribes before our country. there aint no country then.

somebody was badly at fault for creating such a country, if indeed there is on.

the igbos blames the yorubas and vice versa, the hausas are blamed by everybody but yet they are the ones ruling the "country".

Something is just fundamentally wrong here. I say, welcome revolution!!!

(1) (Reply)

If Jesus Was A Pastor In Nigeria How Many Cars Would He Have? / Here Comes Cry-Baby Doing What He Does Best / Ribadu V The Federal Government: Throwing Away The Baby With The Bathwater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.