Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,751 members, 7,905,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) (2780 Views)

Wike Expresses Anger Over Report On Visits To CJN / South Africa Anger Over Nigeria Envoy Recall - BBC / Zahra Buhari Leaves Twitter In Shame Or Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Mpele(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2008
This cartoon was drawn by a popular South African cartoonist in South Africa. It depicts a the ruling party president Jacob Zuma preparing to rape a woman who is potrayed as the South African Justice system. Zuma is helped by the party's alliance partners. You must remember that Zuma was charged with rape, but eventually he was found not guilty. As for the shower on top of his head. LoL.
During his court appearance he told the magistrate that after sleeping with the woman he took a shower. Ever since that time, the shower has become his permanent hat.
Members of the ruling party are sppiting fire after seeing this cartoon in a national newspaper.

Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Jakumo(m): 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2008
With his alleged rape of a KNOWN Hiv-positive woman, as well as his bizarre public claim that taking a shower after unprotected sex can prevent AIDS, the rise to power of a rapist and uninformed buffoon like Jacob Zuma's in South Africa is puzzling, considering the number of far more qualified and untainted leaders there must be in that country today.

Zapiro's cartoon depictions of Zuma will hopefully keep the man's sins in the public eye, and thanks to seeing those drawings I know for sure I would recognize Mr. Zuma's distinctive twin-peak mountain-range of a head even if that were the only feature visible in a photo line-up.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by bawomolo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2008
you have to wonder why south africa is still a one party system. the ANC is living on past glory
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by icemann(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
Cant belive after the rape case, he was still named ANC leader undecided
Imagine that Happening in US.
We Africans
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by darfur(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2008
another display of the blackman's socio-political incompetence embarassed
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by naijaking1: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2008
Can you imagine such a cartoon in naija? The president will simply erase the cartoonists home, family, village, and town. Though sinister, there's something to be said for free speech in a democratic dispensation.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Raimond(m): 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
Leave the grammer first,look at the ingenuity of the cartoonist-I simply love it.Splendid!!!!
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2008
Raimond:

Leave the grammer first,look at the ingenuity of the cartoonist-I simply love it.Splendid!!!!

Exactly my thoughts when I opened it. lol
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2008
are those scales supposed to be her bra?
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by grafikdon: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
I guess they (Black SA) are gradually morphing into Nigeria where murderers, criminals and people that will make Hitler look like Pope John Paul become Governors/Presidents. . . etc etc lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by keba(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
wow, this is ridiculous. so the court ruled in favour of zuma even with his testimony
shit happens all around Africa.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by nuggard(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
JZ na real dramatis persona. Last night I learnt he is on facebook with a group of 80 people in the pro-zuma group, while 50,000 were in the "prevent JZ from being president group."

Credit to David Shapiro (Zapiro) for reminding everyone of what the polity in SA is torn between.

Having said that, I think this is a storm South Africa will weather, no small thanks to the Judiciary and the impartial press. Inevitably JZ will be president and in a way its a good thing because South Africa is in need of a populist president.
Shinawam shinawam grin
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by mamanaija: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
that is why God is a nigerian not a s/African
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by nguage(m): 4:06am On Sep 10, 2008
I'm still surprised South Africans have a sense of humour and even more amazed that they find time to read newspapers in between their busy schedule of lynching innocent Nigerians.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Jakumo(m): 5:29am On Sep 10, 2008
n-guage:

I'm still surprised South Africans have a sense of humour and even more amazed that they find time to read newspapers in between their busy schedule of lynching innocent Nigerians.

Hmm lets see now. I wonder who has can boast of a busier lynching and street murder schedule. Would that be South Africans killing an average of one Nigerian every few years, or would it be Nigerians HOURLY bludgeoning and incinerating EACH OTHER to death in Nigeria, over largely FALSE accusations of genital theft, witchcraft, morphing into house-pets, petty larceny, or, of course, the greatest offense of all - tearing pages out of the Koran to use as toilet paper.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by youngies(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo:

Hmm lets see now. I wonder who has can boast of a busier lynching and street murder schedule. Would that be South Africans killing an average of one Nigerian every few years, or would it be Nigerians HOURLY bludgeoning and incinerating EACH OTHER to death in Nigeria, over largely FALSE accusations of genital theft, witchcraft, morphing into house-pets, petty larceny, or, of course, the greatest offense of all - tearing pages out of the Koran to use as toilet paper.

ROTFLMAO, Jakumo your head no correct.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by redsun(m): 2:13pm On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo,you are dead right but you forgot to mention the murdering and rampaging politicians that kills en mass 24/7, as well as the men in blue,shooting suspects at will without due investigations,talk less of court trail,bastards.

Heaven save blackman from himself.People don't seems to know what it is all about.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by tpia: 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
why dont you all move to China where there's better quality of life. grin grin And people are respected.

@ topic: This concerns Nigerians in what way? Havent I told you Mpele to find a south African site to market your wares? maybe there isnt a comparable one like this nairaland, as I've pointed out before?

Loser.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Mpele(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
tpia!
get a life dude! Oh get your black ass out of New Zealand and go back home. You're like a fly who crying for attention. You're constantly trying to attract my attention. Leave me alone! Is that your way of asking for friendship. You can do better than that

Just lock yourself in you bedroom, take a pillow and rub it with your digg, you'll achieve pleasure bigboy!!!!!!!!
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by thando(f): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
i cannot blieve we have moved from Madiba to such disgrace.anybody but zuma will do for me.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by tpia: 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
Mpele:

tpia!
get a life dude! Oh get your black ass out of New Zealand and go back home. You're like a fly who crying for attention. You're constantly trying to attract my attention. Leave me alone! Is that your way of asking for friendship. You can do better than that

Just lock yourself in you bedroom, take a pillow and rub it with your digg, you'll achieve pleasure bigboy!!!!!!!!

see how this ignorant foolish cricket is insulting me here. cheesy

Me want to be friends with you? Are you out of your idiotic inbred heroin addicted mind?

Come, did your fellow south Africans chase you out of their presence or what? Why cant you advertise your wares to your countrymen?

Nigerians are too accomodating for real.  See this born and bred mumu dey yarn every kind of rubbish like brake with no jam. cheesy

@ all of you patting this idiot on the back: I hope you can identify yourselves in the thick lipped bug eyed characters in the cartoon this cricket posted. Of course he couldnt find any south African cartoons where whites are satirized. Its only this one about a bunch of big lipped blacks raping an innocent white/mixed looking lady, that he saw fit to post here.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by nuggard(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2008

Tpia
Its only you seeing the racial content of the cartoon. What is more relevant is that someone has the guts to speak out even when half-baked morons like you refuse to move forward.

No one denies that there still exist racial/class tensions in SA but we can't have this fool Just attack someone because he is South African. The same reason why Pan-Africanism is failing.

Get a life Tpia or go masturbate in your kitchen.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by nguage(m): 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo:

Really?
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by tpia: 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
nuggard:

Tpia
Its only you seeing the racial content of the cartoon. What is more relevant is that someone has the guts to speak out even when half-baked morons like you refuse to move forward.

No one denies that there still exist racial/class tensions in SA but we can't have this fool Just attack someone because he is South African. The same reason why Pan-Africanism is failing.

Get a life Tpia or go masturbate in your kitchen.

You must be severely addicted to sucking other people's d*cks if all your brain can fathom about this topic is masturbation.

Its a well known fact that most Africans cant understand when they're being crudely caricaturized even when they're being slapped in the face with racism.

Check Mpele's picture and get back to me.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo:

OMGosh!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

someone tell nairaland to get better emoticons already. . . these ugly green heads don't work anymore
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo:

Thanks, Jakumo!!! grin

Mpele, thanks for this. I have been trying to google the picture with limited success all evening.

I was bitterly shocked at the behaviours of Zuma's thugs outside the court earlier this year which was obviously an intimidatory tool against the legal system. When I read about this cartoon, I thought is was absolutely apt!

What worries me the most is the major league morons that are in position of authority in SA.

1) Mbeki
2) Zuma
3) Female health minister.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by blackspade(m): 3:42am On Sep 11, 2008
Zuma would take South Africa in reverse, but sadly he is almost for sure going to win the next election. If anyone here admires South Africa, and likes to go there, you should be worried about their future, because this Zuma guy will not be a good choice.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Mpele(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2008
Zuma is bad for South Africa, but at least there forces that are working behind the scene to stop him from becoming the president of SA. Some of us we are really going to miss Pres. Mbeki. At least the man didn't embarass his country like Zuma is doing now.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by RichyBlacK(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2008
The power of the press!
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by RSA(m): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2008
Mpele:

Zuma is bad for South Africa, but at least there forces that are working behind the scene to stop him from becoming the president of SA. Some of us we are really going to miss Pres. Mbeki. At least the man didn't embarrass his country like Zuma is doing now.

I totally disagree with you mpele on this,Mbeki embarrassed us by saying HIV does not cause AIDS(In the country where 1500 people are infected every day),by saying there is no crisis in Zimbabwe,where thousands of Zimbabweans are crossing the border into South Africa illegally every day,running away from the harsh conditions in their country).He embarrassed us further by seeking third term,which is unconstitional.Mbeki is a dictator who south Africans or the ANC where wise enough to stop him before he become another Mugabe.Zuma has been a loyal servant of our people and the ANC,He brought peace in Kwazulu Natal(which could have turned in to a civil war,and he is trusted by ordinary people.Yes he embarrassed his family and his wives by cheating,and the person happen to be HIV positive.We dont mind having a president that is HIV positive as long as service is delivered mostly to the most disadvantage people of our nation.Yar dua is dying but hes still a president of Nigeria,Mwanawase died in his position in Zambia,so let us give Zuma a chance.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by Sagamite(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2008
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Hmm!!!!

I guess what you are saying is that you don't mind having a president who, when he was HEAD of the AIDS commission of the country, slept with a woman that he knew was HIV positive and thought he could protect himself by taking a shower afterwards  undecided I guess he must have scrubbed the privates well.

As HEAD of the AIDS commission of the country, one would expect he has the capability or would be disciplined enough to develop the capability to learn about the disease he is suppose to help prevent but all he did was to show his idiocity, ignorance, illiteracy and incompetence by putting his life at risk and more importantly the life of his wife.

Yet you are happy to promote him to president to tackle more complex problems and challenges.

Being a nice man or a man people like is not enough to rule a country. Intelligence and competence should also play a big part.
Re: Anger Over Cartoon In South Africa (a Must See Cartoon) by pollock(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2008
the artist is simply very creative !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sharia Court Rules Over Area Courts In Abuja / Soyinka, Tejuosho,and Ogunde's Sons Make Ogun Commissioners' List / Efcc Declares Ex-gombe Gov, Danjuma Goje, Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.