Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,038 members, 7,886,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 05:29 PM

Forgive And Forget - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgive And Forget (816 Views)

Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / How To Forgive And Forget For Good. / Can We Truly Forgive And Forget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive And Forget by uchkochi(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2008
FORGIVE AND FORGET

Unforgiveness or keeping grudge does more harm to you than your offender, let that person go because vengeance belongs to God. You won’t be free except you forgive that person and forget. By not forgiving someone no matter the hurt, you are imprisoning your self but when you forgive you immediately punish that person, you may not know but showing your offenders love is heaping hot coals on him or her.

Looking at the teaching of Christ He said forgive your offender for 70 x 7, times, that is 490 times. He said this because for you to be counting the number of times a person offends you or keeping records, shows that you have not forgiven the person but waiting to retaliate. If truly you have forgiven someone even if the person offends you 1000 times it will seem as if it is the first time so it would not amount to 490.

More still, a lot of people forgive but do not understand the forgetting aspect so they have not forgiven that person. Listen to this, forgetting what that person did to you does not signify that you cannot think of it or you would not remember it. Forgive and forget means that even when you remember or think of it you read another perspective to it. That is, instead of getting angry you laugh over it.

Finally God will not forgive you if you do not forgive your neighbors or friends, so watch it, because you offend God sometimes once in a while or even most times. You are blessed in Jesus Name Amen.

UCHE OKOCHI
+2348052773865
OMEGA WORLD NETWORK
Re: Forgive And Forget by Cayon(f): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2008
thanks for sharing
Re: Forgive And Forget by manmustwac(m): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2008
many nairalanders should come here to kiss and makeup after their daily battles
Re: Forgive And Forget by Cayon(f): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2008
ok, pucker up kiss kiss kiss
Re: Forgive And Forget by AKO1(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
Unforgiveness or keeping grudge does more harm to you than your offender

From another angle, unforgiveness does more good to your offender than to you:

Prov. 24:17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls;
when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice,

18 or the LORD will see and disapprove (you)
and turn his wrath away from him.
Re: Forgive And Forget by manmustwac(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2008
Cayon kiss kiss kiss kiss happy now!
Re: Forgive And Forget by virgie(f): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2008
I got hurt so much from my past relationship that I vowed never to forgive him, not to talk of forgetting the wrong he did me.
But as time went on, I realized that I need to forgive and forget about him, not because he deserved it, but because he needs it and in the long run, I will need it too.

I took courage frOm the book of Matthew  6: 14 -15.
Re: Forgive And Forget by HRhotness(f): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2008
i find that forgiveness isnt that much of an issue for me, its d forgeting part.

I'm horribel at keeoing grudges, it eats me up inside and i just want to get thru d problems and move on. unfortunately, i then worry about the whole thing repeating itself undecided

(1) (Reply)

I've Been Thinking: Deu 22:5 / Would Peter Have Denied Jesus After These Experiences? / Let's All Pray For Our Sick Leader!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.