Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,317 members, 7,943,785 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:38 AM

Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (12104 Views)

Who Is Responsible For Naming The Child, Father Or Mother? / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by saltbee(f): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2008
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.psalm 127 vs. 3

parents are only care takers! smiley
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by sojioguns(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2008
Nobody 'owns' a child. We just take care of them till they are mature enough to stand on their own. Beating a child is the worst form of correction. They will just learn not to do that bad thing in your presence.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by kemisuga(f): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2008
bastrin I think you are right. cheesy

soji, kudos to you. smiley
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by iceland(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2008
i think a child should be left to decide that!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Osondust: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2008
My friends, there is no such thing as I in marriage, from the day you get married you both become one and also become parents when you get a child. the children does not belong to the man or woman rather both.

thanks
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by abujabooks(f): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2008
Father and Mother owns the child.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Wokeyim(f): 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2008
Mother owns the child because she alone knows who the true[b][/b] father of the child is. wink wink wink
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by paulmamud(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2008
Let either parent try selling the kids and would find out who really owns the kids.THE GOVERNMENT!all arguements both paying for stuff and carrying who for what months wouldnt cut it.If you rerally own something,you can sell it abi?
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Moyola(f): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
undecided
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Afribiz(f): 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
paulmamud:

Let either parent try selling the kids and would find out who really owns the kids.THE GOVERNMENT!all arguements both paying for stuff and carrying who for what months wouldnt cut it.If you rerally own something,you can sell it abi?

Govt. indeed!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by md4real(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2008
the the stress of carrying a baby for nine month, the delivery period and all those stuffs suffred by pregnant women, i surely give em to the mothers.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by kemisuga(f): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2008
md4real, thank you smiley
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by teeboyy: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
@chamotex

na akamu we dey talk, ? oh boy your mind dirty oh, If your wife dey claim your child sit down there they talk about akamu.

IGBIRA
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Moyola(f): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
kemisuga:

md4real, thank you smiley

u welkum!!!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by alex406(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2008
Both are the owners of the children,without the woman the child will not come to the world and without the man the woman will never conceive unless she decides to be Mary mother of Christ.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by coolier(f): 9:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
Is a child some kind of property?
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by kathyekiti: 1:17am On Sep 13, 2008
thank you coolier. None of them OWN the children. These are kids not a pair of slippers!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by nikejoy: 2:36am On Sep 13, 2008
none of them,
since ther's an argument between both of them.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Eagle1(m): 6:12am On Sep 13, 2008
@hilli
People are talking about bringing up kids, you are talking about how Nigerians are frustrated. What arrant nonsense. And you mean you'll woz your folks for any reason at all? Bros, please like Nairalanders always say, focus on the
topic.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by spben(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2008
As far as i'm concern the children belong to the both of the parent , But father own both their mother and the kids , i rest my case
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by bilymuse: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2008
the the stress of carrying a baby for nine month, the delivery period and all those stuffs suffred by pregnant women, i surely give em to the mothers.

Biologically, the woman donates a egg while the man donate a sperm. The woman then carried the fertilised egg in her for 9 months , feeding, nurture, Maritain and protect. After birth the child depend on her breast milk for survival and she sees him /her through the tender years. All this while the man is just a passive observer.

If the child were to be a company , the woman ,by virtue of her contribution would hold the majority share , over 70%. While the man would be a minority holder of between 1% to 29% , depending on his role and support.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Dime(f): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2008
i think the grandparents cool
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by annyplenty(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2008
the child is a blessing from God and the 2 couple jointly own him. in case of separation or divorce, the father then takes custody of him. Also where the two parent hold two opposing opinions on the child, that of the father reigns supreme.

there was a case in my area. the father just converted into a religion where new baby is named on the 7th day. so, the father wantedd the child named on seventh day but the mother wanted 8th day. there was confusion. but the child was named on the 7th according to the father's wish.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by gem87(f): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2008
this line that mothers use about carrying that child for 9 months and going through labour is getting monotonous to be honest
and quite frankly should be classed as manipulation and emotional blackmail
yes, i am a woman and i think the entire process of child birth from shag to push is a miracle
a wonderful thing even to bring a life into the earth that i cannot wait to have mine
now while both parents do their best to raise that child and give it a life they deem best
that child is an individual and not a posession, it (he/she) is not owned!!! by anyone , period.
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Moyola(f): 11:24pm On Sep 13, 2008
IMO, both d fada n moda haz got ah role 2 play in d life of d child!!!!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Shaz(f): 12:02am On Sep 14, 2008
Both parents, of course!
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by rampagain: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2008
kemi i dnt blive ur story,u form am
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by geolabious(m): 10:55am On Sep 14, 2008
Shaz:

Both parents, of course!
yES OOOOO
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by ifyalways(f): 11:24am On Sep 14, 2008
me and my hubby cool
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by kemisuga(f): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2008
bilymuse good point. grin

rampagain come to my compound and i wil prove you wrong. tongue
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by freakyy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2008
If you walk up to a Vendin' Machine and insert your 100naira note and a can of Coca-cola comes out, who owns it? You or the Vendin' Machine,

Theres your answer, grin
Re: Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? by Gbosko: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2008
Non of the two own the child. The child belongs to the government. That's why the child is christened "Government Pikin" tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Popular Home Remedies / Uncle Charlie... / 2-Year- Old Playing On 100ft-high Balcony Ledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.