Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,366 members, 7,920,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:51 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (529768 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2006
Tspurs, now you're coming out, you have the occasional win so you popped up huh

thanks for stealing the points from them anyway  wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2006
@Loverbwoy, where have u been since?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2006
Guys cool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6129384.stm

Nothing much to be worried about, should really be sorted out with no stress, but all in all, this is really not what we need at this time. anyways

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:30pm On Nov 08, 2006
@Loyika, how bodi? How did u feel watching Manscum 'southended' last nite? I had a swell time myself, u know with all the 'most attacking, meanest defence' bla bla?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2006
at least manutd got beaten,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2006
lordimpaq:

at least manutd got beaten,

yea they did in the FA cup though, i think that'll make them go all out in their next prem game to be honest

kitaun:

@Loverbwoy, where have u been since?

Ive been around, Just got work to submit very soon  shocked
How is it going with you man,hope you're alrite
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2006
I think Henry is not pulling his weight, He has lost his mean streak sad

Cesc Fabregas is the best player in the world grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ay(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2006
i really love the way mr deji omotoyinbo speaks his sporting program especially football.i like him better when he says ARSENAL CRUMBLE  ,  MAN U TUMBLE AND CHELSEA FUMBLE OHHHHHHH IS INTERESTING UP CHELSEA ANYWAY AND WHO SAYS ONLY ARSENAL SOULD BE HERE WHAT OF AKOLA'S POST ABOUT STRICTLY CHELSEA TALK I SAW SOME POST FROM THE ARSENAL FAN.  EVERYBODY THIS IS ARSENAL'S ANTHEM WE SING FOR THEM

ARSENAL CAN TAP      
  THEY CAN TOSH
  THEY CAN DRIBLE
  BUT THEY CANNOT SCORE.                   ARO NI WON  

grizzly we both can challenge them here before the physical  game in december 12 am i right?

akola pls join us okay  

always missing goalsssssssssssssssssss especially rososky and emir himself(igwe)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2006
Fabre who? Abeg stop that kain talk, even within Arsenal at the moment, i rate toure, lehmann and eboue higher, his game exhibits he's a little fatigued
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2006
True and maybe other managers now notice he is the key in midfield, thats why they gang up on him
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2006
@AY, are u sure u have taken ur medications today? cos to me u sound as if you are about running serious watery stool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2006
Imagine his including noble blues like Akola and Grizzly in his ignoble agenda, Cabali, where are u o?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2006
Mr Kit cool i dey jare!!,

Abeg leave All those One united chaps and thier Manscum this Manscum that, We all know that Manscum are only flattering to decieve, Guys fact!! Over the past 5 or 6 seasons ManScum started badly and finished strongly, especially when they caught us up and over took our 11 points gap to win what i will say will be their last Prem trophy as long as Fergie is the manager. wink

When was the last time Manscum led the league like this in a long time , thats why they are all walking around with a hard on, but do not be decieved, every Man United fan is scared of the apparent failures in their team, Southend and FC Copenhagen proved that, Everything looks cool when they win games like Bolton and Pompey (which i thought they would struggle with, to be honest) But i will say it again, Chelsea are the only team right now with a deep squad of players that could last the Marathon!! We are only approaching the middle of the race and this is where Stamina, Luck, Grit and self belief will play it self out, as the Football fixtures get heavy, with matches coming in thick and fast as the Xmas period beckons.

The league is not won with 29/28 games to go. Yes every team would want to be in Manscum shoes right now, but i doubt Wenger or Maureen are worried at this stage, they have seen it all, and Sir Alex knows that being top in november might be an advantage but doesn't have much bearing on where you will be in May, FOR CHRIST SAKES PEOPLE, Pompey and Bolton are 3rd and 4th on the table, does anyone actually really believe they will be there going into the new year ANYONE

Our problem is not Manscum but the Russians. Both in the league and in the CL, as Maureen will be bolstered by putting one over the Ballarinas of spanish football. Even when Chelsea lose, you look at their squad and all you see is strenght from top to bottom, even when they go down to ten men, you are still scared shitless shocked.

Manscum try to intemidate you with their fire brigade approach and it works at times a la Bolton, Arsenal try to out pass you tongue and it works at times a la Reading. But Chelsea scare the F@#K out of you, and even when you survive and win, you breathe a sigh of relief.

Am i happy i feel this way NO! Do i see no hope for my team Well i still believe we will deliver a trophy to the Emirate Cabinet this year, (i would love it to be the Prem cup as the CL, FA Cup and League Cup are touch and go as our illustrous northern pals showed us "how not to go through in a cup comp" last night)

What i feel is we are doing things so wrong and the Gaffer is just being unneceesaryly stubborn and difficult, with his tactics and strategies. I mean "Can you imagine TH14 smiling with the Enemy on Sunday!!!! angry angry" Take the Bloody Armband away from him and give it to Kolo Toure NOW, or Mad Jens. I swear if i see TH smiling again after we just lost a game, where every other Arsenal player is angry, i will puke tongue tongue angry angry.

Anyway enough for now, i ain't really in a good mood, and Thank God the game will not be shown live, I wish the Reserve lads luck tonight against the TOFFEES, as i feel they have more hunger than the senior team. I hope We shove it (GOALS) down David Moyes/Phil Neviles throat (lets see if the bastard and his co horts (Yobo cool excluded) will play 4-5-1- at home as he chose to play at the Grove)

COME ON YOU REDS

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2006
Guys i disagree, Fab is not our problem, our problem are summed up in two ways

1, ATTACK
2, LACK OF TACTICS

Attack

Do you know why we miss so many chances, well i have two words for you, ROBERT PIRES!! If Pires was still around we would have massacred CSKA at home, if Pires was still around we would not have lost to the Hammers (wouldn't have won either) Rosicky is good, but he isn't Pires and will never give us the goals Pires did,case in point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrb_I9Iep38

Fab is trying but he need to calm down in front if goal. TH14 just looks uninterested and Bang!! Bang!! is bering forced to change his natural instincts on how he plays. Walcot is being experimented as a winger, Adebayor, well if he spent half the time not trying to imnpress Henry then maybe we will see him score more.

We need an EL Nino (Fernando Torrees) an OBAGOAL (even if Mr Kit doesn't rate him much) a Klose in our team, Can you Imagine our loanees are scoring goals for fun at the clubs we loaned them out to, yet the players that they are meant toi be looking up to are messing up. GO FIGURE

LACK OF TACTICS

All i can say is When last did Arsenal score from a Corner, How many Free kicks have we scored from, i am sure you are getting my point. Do we actually practice these stuff, or we just do not recognise them as part of our game plan.

In conclusion, Defensively and in the Midfield we are good, (Lauren, Freddie, Baptista, Diaby, Senderos, Eboue are all coming back sooner or later) But we lack a killer blow. We lack a PIRES.

Besides that, take the Armband away from TH

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/401/42.html

and i am fine with the team, might not have as much depth as Chelski, but we are ok.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2006
pass pass football can not win the league again. teams have found the antedot to that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2006
what that supposed to mean?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2006
Thank u
adebayor
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:38am On Nov 09, 2006
1-0 to the Arsenal!!

No niceties, just hard grit and determination won this game.

@ loyika maybe you're right, but maybe Lehmann would make a better cappy now, give kolo another season then he'll be ripe.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 3:11am On Nov 09, 2006
debosky:

give kolo another season then he'll be ripe.

that got me thinking.
kolo, the blackman----
ripe as in yellow lol grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2006
ARSENAL beat those Toffees by a Header from Ade. Yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! GET IN

More of that please As Oga Debo said "Hard Grit and Determination". cool

Hope we don't meet those bloody Russians in the next round tongue Those guys will play their first team and injury our young players with their bullying tactics, as someone rightly asked. Don't they have a reserve or youth team or did maureen have a score to settle with O'neil

Next up the Scousers on Sunday. Guys what do we need to do as they seem to have picked up some form, i hope they come to the Grove to attack us, would make the game exciting and should suit us to a tee.

COME ON YOU REDS!! GET IN cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2006
I am loving this cool

One Match description

" a chance to enjoy the exuberance and slick approach of Arsenal's youngsters and the rugged determination offered by the hosts. In the end the visitors' victory - chiselled late - seemed something of an irrelevance amid the vitriol that descended upon the final whistle. Johnson, attempting to convert Leon Osman's pass in stoppage-time, might have earned his side extra-time but looped an awkward header over a gaping net. For the locals the only consolation was that defeat denied Poll an extra 30 minutes of exposure.

Arsenal's oldest outfield starter here was the excellent Jérémie Aliadière, the 23-year-old a constant menace when charging from deep, with some of their slick interplay and passing taking the breath. cool cool Tim Howard in the hosts' goal did well to deny Flamini and Denilson from distance, and Emmanuel Adebayor from point-blank range, before the striker rose unchallenged to nod in Flamini's 84th- minute corner to claim the decisive lead.

There was a thrill to the visitors' passing cool, even if they shared their senior counterparts' inability to combine rat-a-tat approach play with an incisive finish, tongue tongue which had Everton heaving. Yet they did not cave in, with Moyes right to praise their effort. Johnson was denied wondrously by the substitute Mart Poom early in the second period, and Joseph Yobo and Cahill might have deflated the youngsters with other opportunities.

Yet all that remained was frustration. Everton have been scorched by the Gunners' juniors before, a 3-1 defeat at Highbury two years ago at the same stage having been inflicted by a youthful line-up. The assistant manager Alan Irvine had put that down to "complacency". The hosts might point to last night's elimination as more down to a conspiracy."

From Guardian Unlimited Match Report

COME ON ARSENAL

1 NIL TO THE ARSENAL

COME ON YOU REDS

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2006
i wonder why the match was not shown undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2006
@Loyika, thank God our second-string side was able to do just what they should to ensure we are back contending 4 a trophy after the most annoying of performances by the first XI of late. U mentioned in an earlier post that i don't really fancy Obagol in a team like ours, yes the truth is he needs to mature, atimes he plays like Rooney always ready to pounce on the ball most times not really knowing what he wants to do hence giving the ball away, (Walcott is one of our boys often guilty of doing this), Obagol plays like a 'flash in the pan' player, a Klose will suit me perfectly well cos he might well be the 'fox in the box'  we are looking for
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2006
@kitaun angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2006
wat we need is an obafemi martins,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2006
Guys cool

The quarter-final draw is at noon on Saturday.
The eight clubs are Arsenal, Charlton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Southend, Tottenham and Wycombe Wanderers.

Personally hope we get either Southend (to show Manscum reserves how it is done grin) or the Spuds, and i hope its a home draw, and more importantly lets try and avoid the Russians.

Anyway one more quarter final game for us, cool!! Hopefully the young lads can go all the way to the finals cool

COME ON YOU REDS

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ay(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2006
lordimpaq:

what we need is an obafemi martins,

arsenal u need oba-nonsense in ur team
so u are not tried of ur old wrecked powerbike ljunberg that can run for 200mins
well, i think ljunberg has tried enough for u winning gold medal for u in athens.so u need obafemi martins to represent u in beljing2007 tongue tongue tongue shocked cool

Isnt that funny Grizzly

and u kitaun i dont understand the way u react on something absurd.u look crazy enough to tell me have i taken my medication from who ur family or what papieeeeeeee ma run down ni

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2006
uncle AY

please take ur beef bizness elsewhere
this thread is for gunners and non-gunners who have relelvant things to say.
i dont want it to turn inot a battle field pls
why not create a thread with
WHO WANTS TO INSULT?
i am sure you will have lots of people,

@gunners pls lets ignore him ok?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2006
someoneneedsarehab
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 1:35am On Nov 10, 2006
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2006
lipsrsealed undecided
i didn't read.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2006
isaidsomeoneneedsarehab

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.