Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,409 members, 7,920,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (529801 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2006
abeg take am easy with the guy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 11:09am On Nov 18, 2006
Make una no beg me if i start my own, because am going to discipline him as if he be one of my pupil in class. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2006
Teacher in ignoramus, discipline who? U must be the most lettered man in ur community for u to have students, lol, what a joke!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2006
Room should I discipline him?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2006
Mr. Kit  cool

Sorry guy just got your messages right now sad,

Anyway no shaking, but i do feel, (like you always tell me), that you need to leave thesae guys alone, not every battle is worthwhile, and some folks just want to draw you out so as to piss you off (Like Oga Amodu). Please pay them no mind. As it is not worth the sweat and time you would have expended doing something better.

As for Lordi Well he said he was losing his mind , Guess that said it all then. Have you tried arguing with someone that is losing their mind, believe me its painful cry

Just ignore all the bullshit and focus on the positive stuff. When they are tired of being silly they will join the rest of us. Or maybe they just want to let off some steam as well, and not mean any harm, or maybe! , just maybe they are not just getting their views accross properly, even if they know what they want to say, anyway we should let them express themselves whether we find what they are saying irritating or not

Lets discuss the team as we now find ourselves in 3rd position, i feel we need to cement that place first and formost and then make a consicise push for the top and the next three Prem games will determine if we have what it takes to be contenders and not pretenders, especially our game on the 25th with Bolton

Our squad is getting back to full strenght and that is a big positive, at least we will have options for every position and there will be some competition for places, (except TH14, who you feel Wenger lets have a permanent spot in the team, which personally is not good cry tongue)

So GOONERS wear your colours with Pride by 4 pm (naija time) and lets gun down the TOON at the home of Football, THE GROVE.

I will paste a funny article by Myles Palmer below, It seems the russians are taking a look at our club and want some shocked. GOD FORBID shocked cry We all need to do dry fasting and prayers to stop this blood sucking leeches from having anything to do with our beloved club. I MEAN 2 CHELSEA LIKE TEAMS in the Prem would be absolutely appaling tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2006
Oga Loy, no mind me jare, i just dey couple what has been a very stressful week with my anger at blatant ignorance on display. Back to footie, we shouldn't have much qualms with Bolton as they look a little different from the team that used to frustrate, moreso with Anelka in the team. Russian coññection? God 4bid!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2006
Abramovich & Deripaska see Arsenal beat Liverpool 3-0
By Myles Palmer

Two oligarchs went to the Emirates on Sunday, I hear.

Oleg Deripaska and his friend Roman.

Were they in Kia Joorabchian's box?

We don't know

The Russians saw a decent first half played at a high tempo and a second half when Arsenal took control, as Liverpool collapsed into disarray.

Why was Amramovich at the Emirates with his fellow oligarch ? Does he love a game of football that much wink? Was it just a couple of billionaires having a few laughs on a Sunday afternoon? Is he getting bored by seeing Chelsea win 4-0 grin? Did he want to see a closer contest?

Or did he say to his mate, "Why don't you buy Liverpool or Arsenal and then we can have a game of ping-pong every weekend?" grin cheesy grin

Deripaska, Yeltsin's son-in-law, is an aluminium tycoon who recently acquired LDV Vans in Birmingham. He turned round Gaz, the old Soviet jeep and Volga car company. He is said to be worth $13 billion. Two months ago he was rumoured to be making a bid for Arsenal but that was denied by the board. cool

Both billionaires are big mates with Putin. Abramovich sold Sibneft to Gazprom, the state-owned gas giant who will now sponsor Schalke 04 till 2012.That's a big deal and a long deal, could go up to 100 million euros. Gazprom is the third biggest corporation in the world.

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2006-11-14-07-22-52.html

Your guess is as good as mine Gooners

To the Russian, all we have to say is what President Reagan said "JUST SAY NO!!" cool We don't want to join the Axis of Evil "Manscum/Cheski/ "

We are the ARESENAL cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2006
What more can i say? Our stand remains that we are ok as we are, haba! all these rich men thinks its all about the quids, hmm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2006
What more can i say? Our stand remains that we are ok as we are, haba! all these rich men think its all about the quids, hmm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2006
match analysis for the first half cry cry

Half-time - Arsenal are behind at the break. We've not seen the effervescent football we know Wenger's side can produce but they looked comfortable from the kick off. That was until Kieron Dyer, the Magpies' forgotten man, produced a low, curling finish of the highest quality to give the visitors a shock lead. The Gunners boss will undoubtedly want more from his side when play resumes.

44 mins - Now Arsenal have stepped it up. Van Persie turns equisitely in the Newcastle area before attempting to curl the ball beyond Given from close range. The technique is a joy to watch but unfortunately for the Dutchman the ball drifts the wrong side of the post.

42 mins - Adebayor climbs well but sends a bullet-header over the bar.

40 mins - Arsenal have not reacted to the goal with any great urgency. Obviously time is on their side but an equaliser before half-time would surely give them Wenger's men the psychological edge after the break.

30 mins - GOAL! Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle - Not for the first time this season Arsenal have fallen behind at Emirates Stadium. The ball was pumped up-field and Nolberto Solano nodded the ball into the path of Kieron Dyer. The midfielder burst towards the edge of the box before turning Emmanuel Eboue onto his weaker foot and placing a sublime shot to the left of Jens Lehmann.

30 mins - Van Persie curls a dipping free-kick inches over Given's bar but referee Mr Atkinson orders a re-take following some pushing in the box. The Dutchman crosses into the middle this time but Newcastle clear.

23 mins - Arsenal come close. The classy Fabregas plays a well-worked one-two with Hleb but sees his first-time drive fly inches over the bar. It was a great move and hopefully it will prove a catalyst.

19 mins - Fabregas blasts another long-range effort over the bar. Newcastle have done well to restrict the Gunners to speculative shots from distance.

14 mins - Emmanuel Adebayor has done a lot of early running but the Gunners are yet to produce a clear opportunity to open the scoring. Arsène Wenger's side will be disappointed not to have made more of some early set pieces.

9 mins - The ball falls for Alexander Hleb 20-yards out but he drags his shot wide of the upright.

7 mins - Arsenal have been patient in their build-up play so far. They've yet to test Shay Given in the Newcastle goal but their having the best of the possession.

2 mins - We've kicked off and the two sides are feeling their way into the game. Not a flying start but it's early days.

Welcome to Emirates Stadium for this afternoon’s Premiership clash with Newcastle United.

Arsène Wenger has been forced to make a change in midfield with Brazilian Gilberto returning to his homeland for family reasons. Julio Baptista is the man to benefit and comes in for his first Arsenal start.

Captain Thierry Henry is named on the bench so Emmanuel Adebayor joins Robin van Persie in attack. Goalkeeper Jens Lehmann also returns after missing last Sunday's win over Liverpool with a throat infection.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2006
hey yu'all - i must confess i'v missed u guys a great deal - i no it seems like ages since i last posted here
. . .but what hapopening to my team? - i resolved to comin here for solace amongst old time gunners + d new1s . . . i aint too happy with d performances o

anyhow sha - we gotta b'live

i'm out!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2006
@Otolorin maybe you can start by explaining where you went angry grin

i missed you very much

@Jackal
i am waiting for you to enforce some copyright laws grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2006
tanks muks - bin outta town makin sum money
we'll share it soon as i locate u
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2006
hmmm. . . ok wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2006
Copyright laws?
What the heck is that?
Pls elaborate further.

I am sipping a bottle of Champagne after my team's victory to consolidate on the 1st position.
Anutha wonderful weekend for ma team and all i can say is sorrrrrrrrrrrry to y'all gooners.
The more draws u get, the better for me.
Afterall,u guys are now 2 matches unbeaten. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2006
Jackal:

Copyright laws?
What the heck is that?
Please elaborate further.

please just enforce them and you appoint me as ur attorney then u'll know . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2006
Again we drop points, indicating maybe we have shot ourselves in the foot as per our quest to win the league this season, but yet i maintain its still early days and yes we'll surely get there. What now interests me is; you all have been clamouring to have Henry benched and some said Wenger being who is would never bench his compatriot but alas he was sat down on d bench. The big Qs now are would Arsenal not have won if Igwe started? or if he did not play at all do u think Arsenal would have scored, putting into consider how useless that togogerian yao ming was? What would have Wenger learnt from not starting Henry since it was obvious he wanted to see how his younger lads would perform without their captain on the field? or should we say the International matches have a way of taking its toll on these chaps? or hard-luck is the bane of Arsenal's premiership? Did u notice that Lehmann had little to deal with? aren't the God/s of soccer being unfair to arguably the most entertaining team in the world?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amoke115: 1:59am On Nov 19, 2006
Hmm,am left to wonder which way Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2006
Before i give a major rant, and believe me it will be major about the stale performances by the Gunners, i want you all to go through these articles on diverse views on how the team is faring, where we have come from, where we are right now and where we are heading to as a team.

I still maintain, that the next three games would determine if we were "CONTENDERS OR PRETENDERS".

Well we flunked one test cry, we now have two left, and good golly miss molly , they are both away games.

Anyway here are the articles (every true gonner should please take time and read them, then we will start a real soul searching discussion on what is wrong with the team)

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2006-11-20-00-17-02.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,1952356,00.html

http://www.arseblog.com/WP/index.php

Will give my take in just a minute. Down but in no ways out cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2006
You are adisgrace, for you to draw with Newcastle at the Emirate stadium.
Kitaun where are you now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2006
Some times in life we come across so many different people, some we find funny, other we find annoying, as this is a public forum, we are bound to bump into these kind of folks on a regular.

Amodu take a guess into which category you fall under

You seem to be a trouble maker, We drew at home to newcastle, so what, you guys lost to the bloody spuds and if care is not taken, you might lose on the 26th, so i really do not get your point Are you top of the league NO. If you win on sunday will you top the league NO.

So please do like casper the ghost and disappear tongue. Do not come here and try and start trouble. Give your thoughts and thats it, no need to challenge folks in a sly way, cause believe me Mr. Kit is the wrong person you want to be messing around with, (go and ask Oga Akola cool)

Goodluck on the 26th at OT

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2006
Loyika am not looking for trouble neither am i a trouble maker, am not messing around with him, we are on something ok, so dont worry yourself.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2006
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

Now that is the damn truth, Arsenal is now what we repeatedly do, "blunted!!!"

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2006
You guys are playing Bolton in the next match.

Can you scale through?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Damy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2006
Tell tem plz !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2006
i will.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2006
Loyika, I am in favour of Henry being benched.

I read those reviews and agree with a lot of stuff said.

We need a killer instinct.

But Henry should not be captain and we need to learn not to rely on him because I think at times he is lazy.

I hope we beat Hamburg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2006
@ Vieira,

Henry was Arsenal's saviour on saturday.
How would Arsenal have scored without Henry's freak goal?
Lets face it, no Henry, no Arsenal.

Wenger should revert his formation back to 4-4-2.
Only Henry can do a formidable spear head in the 4-5-1 format and Adebayor in Henry's shoes is like putting Ogbeche in Yekini's shoes.
Arsene Wenger should have gone with the 4-4-2 when he decided to leave Henry on the bench.
Adebayor and Van Persie should have led the attack because a 2-man attack force would have taken the game to the Geordies.
It is not rocket science, Wenger goofed it and he should be blamed for the woeful result.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2006
amodu:

You are adisgrace, for you to draw with Newcastle at the Emirate stadium.
Kitaun where are you now?

amodu:

Loyika am not looking for trouble neither am i a trouble maker, am not messing around with him, we are on something ok, so don't worry yourself.

I will pretend that i did not see these angry cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 6:14pm On Nov 20, 2006
kitaun:

Again we drop points, indicating maybe we have shot ourselves in the foot as per our quest to win the league this season,

but yet i maintain its still early days and yes we'll surely get there. What now interests me is; you all have been clamouring to have Henry benched and some said Wenger being who is would never bench his compatriot but alas he was sat down on d bench.

The big Qs now are would Arsenal not have won if Igwe started?or if he did not play at all do u think Arsenal would have scored, putting into consider how useless that togogerian yao ming was?

What would have Wenger learnt from not starting Henry?since it was obvious he wanted to see how his younger lads would perform without their captain on the field?

Or should we say the International matches have a way of taking its toll on these chaps? or hard-luck is the bane of Arsenal's premiership quest?

Did u notice that Lehmann had little to deal with?

Aren't the God/s of soccer being unfair to arguably the most entertaining team in the world?

I need answers plssssssssssssssssss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2006
Then who quote that, your spirit right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2006
@ Amodu,
Stop acting like a Billy-goat's gruff.
I command u by the powers vested on me to keep shut, FOREVER.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.