Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,409 members, 7,920,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:17 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (529799 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2006
Jackal:

@ Amodu,
Stop acting like a Billy-goat's gruff.
I command u by the powers vested on me to keep shut, FOREVER.

he he he he he he . . amodu is doing this intentionally to get people angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2006
@ Muks
U mean FAGmodu is on a mission to wind people up?
Tell him he has failed in his mission before it even started off.
Remind him he is fucking with the wrong peopz.
Lecture him to always look before he leaps.
Slap him whenever he disobeys these rules.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2006
Jackal:

@ Muks
FAGmodu

i like the way that sounds  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Jackal

Maybe everyone can see what i have been saying clearly now as per Fagmodu

There is no need answering him, cos this was exactly what led to the squabbles in the first place before LORDI took it personal, its not worth reading from Amodu and replying, best believe me, he is a rude disgrace to his very roots grin

@Amodu

You probably need to go for some courses in Communication Skills rather than come utter rubbish and flagrant disregard for discerning sequence/flow of posts cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2006
@justkunmi
i have missed you where have you been angry angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2006
mukina2:

@justkunmi
i have missed you where have you been angry angry tongue

been laying low a lil bit. how are u doin urself, ??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nuggard(m): 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2006
kitaun:

@Jackal

Maybe everyone can see what i have been saying clearly now as per Fagmodu

There is no need answering him, because this was exactly what led to the squabbles in the first place before LORDI took it personal, its not worth reading from Amodu and replying, best believe me, he is a rude disgrace to his very roots grin

@Amodu

You probably need to go for some courses in Communication Skills rather than come utter rubbish and flagrant disregard for discerning sequence/flow of posts cool

don't you mean curses?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2006
@justk
i am cool . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Nuggard

grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2006
angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2006
justkunmi whats up
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2006
justkunmi is justcool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 6:57am On Nov 21, 2006
Loyika, I am in favour of Henry being benched.

I read those reviews and agree with a lot of stuff said.

We need a killer instinct.

But Henry should not be captain and we need to learn not to rely on him because I think at times he is lazy.

I hope we beat Hamburg.

Finally, someone who believes like me !

Vieira, u r the man ! stay blessed.

best of the game to arsenal, may they deliver big time !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 8:30am On Nov 21, 2006
Thank you all for the complement.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amoke115: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2006
Henry is a player Arsenal can afford to bench and get results as evidenced in the game against Man u, Wenger would just change his pattern, pack the midfield, use 2 strikers and you can be sure someone like Van Persie would be banging in the goals like mad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2006
Well Madam Amoke cool

Its not as simple as it sounds, One, Wenger will never bench Henry, unless its to rest him, the problem is not with TH14, the problem is the fact we don't get the early goals.

Arsenal Pre Wenger, could play 85 minutes then grab a goal by Ian Wright or Kevin Campbell and win 1 nil. Post wenger, Arsenal no longer try to do that, We rely on ending the game as a contest in the first 20 minutes, which forces other teams to either come out and play or go for damage limitation.

Now i will say our problem is not with Henry, or With the Grove, but what i will call the Pires Factor!!

THE PIRES FACTOR

Post Wenger's Arsenal relied mostly on two players to grab goals, Freddie lungberg and Bobby Pires, which freed up TH14 to do damage, as defenders knew marking Henry was futile, as we could score from anywhere, even DB10 and Kanuuuuuuuuuuu poped in a few goals, well only one of those mentioned is still around, and he is now a fraction slower and injury prone.

I have said it always; When TH gets to the byline and cuts the ball across, he is looking for Pires, but instead he finds Cesc or Rosicky, and maybe Van P and Ade, and with no dis respect intended, these guys make scoring tap ins an embarrasing art form. That was Wengers problem, not getting rid of PV4 as PV ain't even doing it at Inter, his Problem was not giving Pires 2 years angry Now we are suffering.

With Pires in this team, we wouldn't have drawn 4 games, with Pires in the team we would have demolished CSKA at the Grove, with Pires in the team we would score in the 1st 15 minutes.

So what do we do , well we get back either bendther, arturo lupoli or Tony Stokes in January and give them the strikers roles instead of Ade or RVP, We stop playing 4-5-1 at home and go back to 4-4-2 (4-5-1 without Berti is thrash) We either move Kolo to the midfield and partner Senderous with Gallas (who is out of todays game with an injury cry RVP is back though smiley) or we just give Aliadere or Theo a chance as strikers (why Le prof decides to play Theo on the wings i will never know is he trying to turn him into another Overmars )

Anyway the season is still open as we are only in November, however if Man united win on sunday, then the league will certainly look a forgone conclusion, as SAF will not allow Manscum to lose this one. But a Russian victory will throw the stakes wide open, like i said the scum will not like the idea of having lost to Le Arse and Chelski at their beloved Old Trashford, However we also have to play our parts by getting a result at the Retirement Home (Reebok Stadium).

Lets see how we do against the Hamburgers to day at the Grove, will we eat them for supper or will we F@#k up again.

It seems LE PROF needs some valium to help him sleep grin;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,1953277,00.html

Either that or a reliable goalscorer (if he looked like Pires, it would go a long way as well cheesy)

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY, Lets be having ya.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2006
he he amodu at last you got served!

i thought i was the only one losing the plot
Ive been wondering why you've been in here like a fly, could be mukina2 wink could also be kitaun grin [i]gay[/i]modu swinging both ways huh

battybwoy!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2006
@Lbwoy
he has a new name he's no longer fagmodu
he's now jackmodu grin
maybe it is for ki . . .sakes nt mine grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 21, 2006
loyika
dont you think with Pires, we will still be playing the usual pass pass between the 2 like they're the only one in the team?

Henry seems to be acting more of a mentor than a striker he sees or appears to see himself as the father experienced figure (from interviews in the sport- "Im not superman"wink, creating chances for other players to score instead of positioning himself to score goals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2006
Mukina2
i thought he was discretly stalking you to be honest tongue
now maybe he'll do well being jackal's pet grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2006
I wholeheartedly support Loyika on the Pires factor, OMG, how we have missed him?!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2006
loverbwoy
i dnt think so . . .he was after the male gunner with the best attitude grin tongue
have you seen akola
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:46pm On Nov 21, 2006
Oga Loverbwoy cool

Please talk like someone who is a true Gunner

Pires was the best thing that happened to Arsenal, When did he ever do pass-pass as you called it, Believe me if Pire was on the pitch against Barca we would not have lost the CL, he is direct, and takes defenders away from other strikers. Rosicky and Hleb like to cut back into the midfield area, where Cesc and Berti already are, thereby making the midfield congested.

Pires made our midfield fluid and scored so many vital goals for the club, he was one of the pivots of our unbeaten season. LB don't you remember that even when he broke his leg and was out towards the tail end of the 2002 campaign, when he came to get his championship medal and lift the trophy, every other Arsenal player literally went on their knees and bowed to him ( i will paste either that photo or the Vid link, when i have time to look for it on my PC, to refresh your memory)

I don't need to go on, about this, as he is no longer with us cry, and i guess thats why Wenger got Rosicky, But Mozart should stop cutting in and be more direct "GET IN THERE SON!!" We lack a player that will drive straight into the D like Rooney, maybe Baptista will eventually be that player , maybe Theo will eventually play down the middle , all these are questions Le Prof has to find answers to and quick, Cause not scoring is becoming a habit, and a bad one at that (this is not the kind of Habit i want my team to get used to) imagine this "Welcome to Drawburn Grove the home of Draws" or Arsenal's stadium "the Drawmirate" sounds terrible i know, but thats the direction we are creeping into.

COME ON MY PEOPLE cool (Kitty, Lordi, LoverMan, Muki and co). Lets scream our heads out tonight and hope the boys in Red and white come good (a spanking for the germans will do us just fine cool please Prof cry)

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2006
I agree Pires in midfield with Henry in front of him was a great combo and by the way im not saying anything bad about pires if thats what you think of my earlier post.
then, you know pires and henry, viera and co had the experience, they can afford to do the pass pass because they understood each other and were not afraid to take initiative of going alone

I don't need to go on, about this, as he is no longer with us , and i guess thats why Wenger got Rosicky, But Mozart should stop cutting in and be more direct "GET IN THERE SON!!" We lack a player that will drive straight into the D like Rooney, maybe Baptista will eventually be that player , maybe Theo will eventually play down the middle

True, with pires we can afford to go from the wings but now things have to change we need brute force in the middle, and thats where the beast can do something, idont really see theo playing from the middle he'll always drift, he can't play with his back to the goal and even cesc wont be too happy, he is a bit similar to henry, they need to drift to the line so they can use their pace

mukina2, mr akola might be busy or has had enough, with kituan stalking him with a cutlass and the gunners breathing down his neck for his VERY OBJECTIVE comments about the gunners (yea right!)  grin
but for some reason i get the feeling he comes in under several usernames in different sections of the forum just to stir things up like usual  wink

brb got 4hr lecture  lipsrsealed  Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  grin,

Gunners are winning tonite by the way!! with a big margin fluid sexy football grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2006
[quote ]

mukina2, mr akola might be busy or has had enough, with kituan stalking him with a cutlass and the gunners breathing down his neck for his VERY OBJECTIVE comments about the gunners (yea right!) grin
but for some reason i get the feeling he comes in under several usernames in different sections of the forum just to stir things up like usual wink
[quote][/quote]

some people dont have a job . . . .Akola if u r reading this please come back . . . . and please ignore you know who . . angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2006
@gunners please read oo, .i took it from arsenal .com

To steal a phrase from Arsène Wenger, Arsenal are under “serious pressure” this evening.

His side could, and probably should, have taken four points from their last two Champions League Group G games — home and away to CSKA Moscow. But they ended up with one.

It has left qualification in the balance. By the time Arsenal kick-off against Hamburg this evening at Arsenal Stadium they will know the result of Porto’s trip to Russia. A CSKA win followed by another by Arsenal would leave Wenger’s men needing to avoid a two-goal defeat in Portugal on the final night to go through in second place.

That is the most probable outcome of tonight’s games given CSKA’s fine run in Moscow and Hamburg’s poor run everywhere. Whatever happens, Matchday Six will be pressurised but the extent will be decided by the events of Matchday Five.

“We want to absolutely come out of the group,” said Wenger ahead of the match. “We know what we have to do. We feel we have wasted some points in our last two games and it is difficult to understand how.

"I think at Moscow we should have had a point but the referee made a surprising decision [to disallow Thierry Henry’s late goal]. At home we played well but we didn't capitalise on the many chances we created. I have never seen that since I have been manager.

“But we have to forget that now and focus on this match. You cannot really say the game against Hamburg will be a decider. The next two games will be deciders. But we are under serious pressure to deliver in the next two games and I think we will.

“We have to start with Hamburg and that will not be easy. I have seen some games they lost and they really didn't deserve to lose. The pressure is off them and on our shoulders.”

William Gallas will be out for at least three weeks after suffering a thigh injury kicking the ball at the very end of the training session on the eve of the game. However Gilberto is back in the squad after briefly returning home for family reasons. Robin van Persie is also available despite suffering a nasty-looking foot injury just before half time on Saturday. Freddie Ljungberg will be involved after six weeks out because of a calf injury then sickness. However Wenger indicated he would probably begin on the bench.

Hamburg will be out of Europe after Group G is complete. Four straight defeats has left them bottom with no hope of reaching third and parachuting into the Uefa Cup. They are also second from bottom of the Bundesliga with one win in 13 games. To make matters worse three of their stars - Vincent Kompany (Achilles), Juan Pablo Sorin (thigh) and Nigel de Jong (cartilage) — are out tonight. Former Arsenal youngster Guy Demel (thigh) is also on the injured list.

“It’s the second year they have played in the Champions League, they had a bad start and are going out,” said Wenger. “We have experienced something a little bit like that here.

“You do find your complete composure quickly and you are nearly already out of it. But I still think Hamburg are a good side. In the Bundesliga they have not a lot of confidence but in many games, like at Stuttgart, they should have got something out of the game.”

There is a theory that an underconfident Hamburg are there for the taking. There is another that they’ll play freely now the shackles and pressures of qualification have been released.

But whatever Hamburg do, Arsenal must do it better. Although Matchday Six will be the ultimate decider, you do sense Matchday Five will tip the scales of qualification inexorably in one direction.

Group G Team P W D L F A Pts
CSKA Moscow 4 2 2 0 2 0 8
Arsenal 4 2 1 1 4 2 7
FC Porto 4 2 1 1 7 4 7
Hamburg 4 0 0 4 3 10 0

look at the table . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2006
*yawns*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2006
[sub]i'll dump you now o[/sub]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2006
awwwwwwwwwwwww
i wont be a bad boy again grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2006
it wont be easy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PDF: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2006
Porto are doing what we couldn't do in Moscow, they are leading 1 - 0. Plus, it's the first goal conceded by CSKA in the group.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PDF: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2006
Sad News for us - Porto defeats CSKA 2 - 0. The victory shoots them up the top of the group (temporarily i hope). We now must win our remaining two matches.

It's difficult but achievable. Up Gunners!

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.