Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,045 members, 7,916,031 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 02:12 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (528869 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Albato(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2008
Gallas simply overdramatised his passion. Abi na only am the thing pain?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 6:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
Yo all, 4get d prem. League 4 now, we stil got astonvilla on saturday. Focus on SanSiro's showdown. We've got to pray against those bloody Italian Mafians & where the Bleep is vanpersie & rosicky?! Werent they spozd 2 be back by yesterday??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DisGuy: 5:57am On Feb 25, 2008
Someone should caution and advice William Gallas on how to behave as a captain. What the heck was he thinking fuming and ranting like a baby. He should grow up.

Adebayo whats up? Are you still having grudge against Bendtner? There was this glaring opportunity that would have made a difference had he but passed the ball to Bendtner.

exactly! the guy was juts crying like a baby, he actually made it worse, i am sure they'll show him the video,so he can see how silly he looks tongue

Bendter and ade are not even passing to each other, I don't get those guys o, RVP & Rosicky should come back sharp sharp

maybe adebayor should be paired with Theo once in a while upfront instead of Bendter or perhaps Adebayor with Hleb just behind
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:39am On Feb 25, 2008
Y'all should watch the replay again. . .Ade was completely focusedgoing for goal, trying to beat the 'keeper. He didn't even look up to see if there was someone in a better position - given his form he was obviously going for goal. I don't think it has anything to do with him not passing to Niklas, people are just trying to make a fuss out of nothing.

@ presido and 4play - I did see the pictures of the horrific injury in the sunday papers in the uk, so I saw how high his foot was above the ball, as well as the severity of the injury. Now after looking at the video, I am still convinced it was a highly reckless tackle.

To be honest, Gallas threw a tantrum like a kid. . .I'm sure if it wasn't for other players, he might have slapped Clichy grin grin. I blame Clichy though, he lost concentration and allowed the player to dribble back into the box instead of dealing with the threat once and for all. That penalty was unstoppable, Almunia did his best but got beaten.

Despite all the sadness, there are quite a few positives to take from this game

1. Walcott's goals - increased confidence for the lad means he will play a more important role for us

2. Hleb continues to pepper in shots at the goalie - its a matter of time before they start going in

3. Cesc was back to his imperious best, stringing passes and nearly scored off the post - other teams beware

4. This horrific injury will forge a new unity/determination in the squad - they will want to win the league for Eduardo as much as for any other reason.

In the end, the game could have ended 2-0 if McFadden scored in the first half - or 3-1 had Ade/Cesc scored, but at least our mini goal drought is over, the team will be more focused on winning now - all we need is our players back, especially RVP and Rozzi and this league is ours to WIN.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:43am On Feb 25, 2008
Vieira:

4 play you must admit that a lot of these dirty northerners have this policy of "showing" these arsenal players early in the game just to upset them. It is a well known tactic and is constantly advised as the best way to stop Arsenal.

I am not saying that taylor went to break his leg but his mindset was that I will show this guy pepper early in the game and he go fear for the rest of the match.

Well he has accomplished his wish.

I hope Birmingham can enjoy their one point and the way they went about to accomplish it.

Clichy is blameless he made a good tackle and got the ball. The replays have shown it but that is life in football so I will not complain too much.

Arsenal now need to go on a ruthless killing streak in all the remaining games.

Lets win the League and the CL for Eduardo.

PS. 4 play, how can you talk? Remember Keane and that Man City player? Keane went out purposely to finish his career. Abi you don forget that one?

Precisely, most of these Northern teams live with the notion that the only way to stop Arsenal is to kick them off the park (I think the pundits started this trend) and trust the twats from up North to take it to another level, the likes of Bolton n Blackburn, i guess we can now add Birmingham to that list.

How can u explain

- Scum United kicking the life outta Reyes at OT
- Van Persie getting a concusion from an elbow after scoring against Blackburn in the FA Cup semis
- Diaby's breaking his ankle at Sunderland from another horific tackle
- Now Eduardo

U'all must admit Arsenal have always been target to this sort of treatment due to our style of play.

Didn't see that game on Saturday and i was amazed we didn't send birmingham back to th econference, i guess when u see an injury like that it starts affecting ur game. That tackle was no penalty and Gallas is really beginning to wind me up, did anyone screw at him when Nani was mopping the ground with his face last week.
In all our lead has been reduced to 3 points (thats the essence of a lead) now that we've gotten a wake up call we'll soldier oin and wait for united to drop their own points which they most certainly will. The Milan game is just round the corner and we need RVP back, was nice to see Walcott score, the Eduardo incident did take a shine off his goals, i hope he deputises well and we see a rebirth.

Keep Gunning boys the premiership's making its way back to the red half of North London
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 25, 2008
I THINK GALLAS SHOULD BE RELIEVED OF HIS DUTY AS CAPTAIN, HOW CAN HE BE CRYING LIKE A BABY, HE IS SUPPOSED TO ENCOURAGE THE PLAYERS, WHY DIDN'T WENGER CRY, THAT'S JUST SILLY, HASN'T HE EXPERIENCED STUFF LIKE THAT BEFORE, LIKE WHEN FRANCE LOST IN THE FINAL OF THE PREVIOUS WORLD CUP, HE SHOULD GROW UP MAN, AND I THINK ADEBAYOR SHOULD NEVER BE PATNERED WITH BENDTNER, I WOULD RATHER OLAY HLEB AND ADEBAYOR UPFRONT, THEN WALLCOT ON THE RIGHT AND HOPEFULLY ROSICKY COMES BACK TO PLAY ON THE LEFT WING, AND ALSO NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE CHANCE THAT WE HAD TO GO 3-1 UP, WHEN HLEB PASSED TO ADE INSTEAD OF SCORING HIMSELF, LET'S HOPE WENGER SAYS SOMETHING ABPUT THAT, AND THAT REFREE WAS JUST PLAIN UNFAIR, EVERYTHING WAS AGAINST ARSENAL, THAT'S NOT FAIR, AND LASTLY THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM , MAN U FANS ARE ASYING WE STIL HAVE TO PLAY THEM AT PLD TRAFFORD, WHO SAYS ARSENAL IS GONNA LOOSE AT OLD TRAFFOR, LET MAN U KEEP ON HANGING TO THAT THOUGHT OF US STIL HAVING TO GO TO OLD TRAFFORD, THEN WHEN THEY LOOSE ON THAT DAY THEN WE'LL SEE WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO SAY.

ARSENAL 4 LIFE, NO SHAKING, WE DEY WIN THIS SHIT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by akinalabi(m): 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2008
chuckdee4:

Precisely, most of these Northern teams live with the notion that the only way to stop Arsenal is to kick them off the park (I think the pundits started this trend) and trust the twats from up North to take it to another level, the likes of Bolton n Blackburn, i guess we can now add Birmingham to that list.

How can u explain

- Scum United kicking the life out of Reyes at OT
- Van Persie getting a concusion from an elbow after scoring against Blackburn in the FA Cup semis
- Diaby's breaking his ankle at Sunderland from another horific tackle
- Now Eduardo

You'all must admit Arsenal have always been target to this sort of treatment due to our style of play.

Let's not sensationalize the issue of getting physical
with arsenal. Getting physical is a good way to play
arsenal and there is nothing wrong with that.

Breaking people's legs is not acceptable because you
can get physical without such atrocities.

Chuckdee4. You have listed the situations where Arsenal
players were on the receiving end. What about when
Arsenal players were the ones dishing out such treatments?

There are so many instances and just a week ago or
so, Eboue would have torn Evra's knee apart. In the same
match, anything could have happened to Nani from the
tackles he got from Hleb.

It's just unfortunate that Eduardo's injury is so horrifc. There
have been worse tackles in the premiership, even from Arsenal
players.

There is a bad injury. . .

Everyone is distraught. . .

We wish he bounces back. . .

This is not about kicking arsenal. . . .

Life goes on. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 1:19pm On Feb 25, 2008
Akinalabi

I feel where ur coming from and i sure know we are no saints ourselves especially with Eboue and his silly antics but u must admit the physicality of some of these Northern teams is bit disturbing sometimes, even Scum united will tell u how Bolton battered them to submission earlier this season.
Football is definetly a man's game and i appreciate a good tackle, even if th eplayer gets injured in the process but these sort of injuries are very rare in other European leagues, some of these teams need to fix up.

Anyway game on, 11 more games, as much as Sum United say we still have to go to their dirty backyard they still have difficult games as well and i'm beginning to think that these head to heads will have an outcome on where the title ends up this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Emperoh(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2008
Busst backs Eduardo to play again 

Eduardo (right) shows his agony as Taylor looks on in horror
Former Coventry defender David Busst believes Arsenal's Eduardo will play again after breaking his leg if there are no complications in his recovery.
Busst's career was ended by a similar injury to Eduardo's which he suffered against Manchester United in 1996.

"If there's no complications, I'm sure he will be back playing again," Busst told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It wasn't the break that stopped me playing again but the infections I caught after that."

Eduardo was injured after a tackle by Martin Taylor early on during Arsenal's 2-2 draw at Birmingham on Saturday.

The Croatia striker will now miss the rest of the season and summer's European Championships with concerns over whether he will play again.

606: DEBATE
Post your goodwill messages 

Busst does not expect that to be the case, despite detailing the horror of such an injury by recalling his experience.

"I suffered a double compound fracture of the tibia and fibula," said Busst.

"The only difference with Eduardo's and mine is I was hit on both sides of my leg, by two players.

"I never remembered the reaction of anyone around me or what the crowd were like because they all went silent.

"I was in a lot of pain on the floor and was rigid. I didn't want to move because it would make it more painful.

"The pictures I've seen since have filled in the details. It was only when I was told I couldn't play again that I looked at the photos. People would cut the pictures out of the paper so I wouldn't see them.

"But six months after being told I couldn't play again I could look at it. It was really weird thinking, where's my leg gone.

I had 20 operations on my right leg, with 10 operations in the first 12 days

David Busst

"The bottom part of my right shin was in an L-shape. It was hit either side and the bone had nowhere to go so it went through the skin.

"The bottom part of my leg had folded underneath and came out at the side."

He added: "I had 20 operations on my right leg, with 10 operations in the first 12 days.

"I'd like to reassure Eduardo and tell him not to let people compare his injury to mine because I did have to give up.

"It was the infection, muscle and tissue damage that stopped me from playing again.

"They will have closed up where the bone had come out from the skin and pinned the bones.

"If they have done all that without any infection then he will be back playing when the bone has healed in about 12 months."

I am a Man Utd fan But i can't help really feeling for this guy. Partly owing the fact that he had a poverty pulverised childhood. He was reported as even sleeping in the stadium in Croatia inspite of the cold. Lets hope he returns to playing soon.
Imagine Busst undergoing the Surgeons knife 12 times shocked shocked shocked

Chineke ekwela ihe ojoo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
Emperoh cheesy cheesy

"Imagine Busst undergoing the Surgeons wife 12 times" shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg don't make me die of laughter oh!! cheesy cheesy

I am sure the Surgeon will love the fact that Busst was "Undergoing his wife, and 12 times for that matter" cheesy cheesy

@ Gunners

Can't really say much about saturday lipsrsealed Will just lket everyone express their opinions, i will take a rain check on analysing our game with the Brummies for now.

maybe later, if i can summon up the nerve, i will give my take on a horrible day up north by Le Arse. sad sad

For now, Silence they say is golden.

Undergoing the surgeon's wife 12 times cheesy cheesy cheesy

NL won't kill me oh!! Hot lady that Surgeon's wife, innit grin grin

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Loyika,

You are a sick Arrow!!!!

He was meant to say SURGEON'S KNIFE!!!!!
U cant kill a nigga for a typo . . . .At least Emperoh is better than many of your resident retardz.
Gaynners have polluted this section with idiots like Folahann and J Unit. grin grin grin

Spare us your analysis.
Your lads were poor on the day. . . . . .
How can u explain playing against 10 men for 93 mins and u couldn't beat em silly?
Anyways, the chase is on . . . . . Keep sitting back and admiring ur buncha losers u call a team . . . .

William Gallas will win ma PFA player of the year if he can throw tantrums like he did against the Brummies at OT. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2008
Chacal grin

You Dumbo grin, i knew it was a typo, just having fun mate.

You keep talking of 11 vs 10, errr!! You lost to 4 teams in the prem 11 vs 11, we have lost 1 game out of 27, so whats the noise.

You know that was never a PENALTY, but thats football, decisions don't always go for you, but they eventually even themselves out through the season. Our performance cannot be faulted, apart from Ade and Clichy!!

Gallas "over reacted" but its no biggie, thats the way he is as an individual, many fellas wear their emotions on their sleeves, Keano wasn't any different. Gallas has improved our defence in the league and come up with some important goals that will be remembered when we win the league.

You keep talking about your team in the league A team that can win 1 game by 4 clear goals and then go on and lose to someone else the next couple of games, or do you think United will not lose again in the league WEST HAM ARE STILL AROUND THE CORNER MATE (Beware the Bogey teams, Real M learnt that yesterday against Getafe grin).

THIS LEAGUE IS OURS, whether we win it by 5 or 1 point makes no flipping difference to anyone, even if we win it on goal difference.

SIT BACK AND ADMIRE!! You are still chasing us, as you have been all through the season. So what are you on about , come May and you will still be behind us, GET USED TO IT!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Loyika,

You are still barking like a doofus. . . .Arsenal to win the league on goals difference? U need to look at the table again.
What does it matter if u have lost a single game and United lost 4?
It is the number of victories that count . . . .despite United's 4 losses they are just 3 points BEHIND ARSENAL. . . .
If that doesn't tell u something then u should see your SHRINK.

What wasn't a penalty? How many times have Arsenal conned the ref to win dubious penalties at the Emirates? You must be trippin'!!!!
You are probably the only GAYnner that thinks Arsenal will win the PREM . . . Gallas showed me on saturday he has surrendered the title. cheesy cheesy
How can Arsenal win the title without Eduardo? You want to loan Reyes or Baptista again? What about striking a deal with Rijkaard to get Henry?
Ade and Bendtner cannot play together . . . . .Van Persie is not match-fit. . . .Aston Villa and AC Milan games are here already. . . .

Anutha de javu? What will happen to Wenger if they draw against Villa and lose to Milan at San Siro? grin grin grin
It will be so funny at the end of the season with Tottenham winning a title and Arsenal finishing the season TROPHYLESS.
United is scoring ever so freely again . . . . You need to see the game against the BARCODES and see why United is the best in the land.
Keegan will still be having nightmares of Wazza and Ronaldo coming at him. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:33pm On Feb 25, 2008
WHATS WITH CHACAL AGAIN

BEFORE IT WAS CHELSEA. . . .NOW ITS SPURS shocked

why do you think we give a f@ck how u think we will not win the EPL when WE ARE SURE GONNA WIN, WHETHER U LIKE IT OR HATE IT ! tongue cool

as for me, I dont even see us winning on goals difference, WE WILL WIN OUTRIGHTLY as far as there are head to head clashes with other big 4 teams, then[b] GAME ON ![/b]

Eduardo at some point in time was not starting and we won games, didnt we ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2008
Chacal

You are really a Arrow, did i not say this; "You know that was never a PENALTY, but thats football, decisions don't always go for you, but they eventually even themselves out through the season"

So who was complaining

You said it mate, YOU ARE 3 POINTS BEHIND US!! I would suggest you talk when you are ahead of us, cause you have been repeating the same rubbish since the season started embarassed

Once again i say; ARSENAL WILL WIN THE LEAGUE!! I didn't stutter.

You guys beat Keegan's army by 5 goals so Bleep what lets hope you can beat the Hammers when they come to OT PENULTIMATE GAME!! grin grin

grin GOONER 89

Kit cool

Oboy how you dey, abeg no mind the "Wolf Man", Spewing Bunkum seems to be his newest past time.

Hey where has Wormy gone to , I thought he would be here to tell us how Chelsea is on the rise grin grin How Grant is a better Jew than Speilberg grin grin How lampard and all the other Chelsea players, are better than our squad grin grin

Wormy goes missing like C Ronaldo during a big game grin grin

Even Akola and Somze show face cheesy cheesy

The Spuds won a trophy shocked shocked Boy!! I never thought i would ever see that again in my life time undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Emperoh(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ Loyika
Check that again and tell me what you see grin grin

Nyway, Eduardo's injury does not amend for Otubayor's failure to kill off the game when he had the chance. Imagine him missing a one on one. For those comparing him with CR7. CR7 got scored his first goal against the BARCODES from an exactly similar position. I was thanking Clichy for conceding that penalty for once i thought he came from Man Utd's reserve to dash us that opportunity. What a school boy performance from a player with a team chasing title(s) tongue tongue Not to deceive yourselves U and I know things are a bit crunchy for Ass anal. Tell me WHO WILL BE ON YOUR BENCH against Milan? Gilberto? Denilson? or who abeg tell me! Dit moi SVP

Aston was a night mare to Chelski and you fought real hard to contain Ashley Young. So don't think it will be a tea party at the Wknd.

@ Chacal. I bet they are having erection over our loses. But let them know it, Man U ain't losing any game AGAIN this season,

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Emperoh(m): 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2008
FOr those who think Arse anal are home and dry, they should please go to Spain and ask Real Madrid what the where doing when a 7 point lead was cut to just 1 pt shocked shocked shocked. TS NOT YET OVER UNTIL ITS ,

To be forewarned is to be fore armed,

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2008
Emperoh did u just say that united won't lose any more games this season, keep dreaming, u still have some interesting games to come;

Chelsea, Blackburn, Boro all away, if i recall Boro owned ur ass for a good number of seasons and they seemed to have improved over d cause of the season, Chelsea are like wounded lions and don't expect any free bees from them

Then u got Portsmouth, Arsenal and West ham at home, if u think u won't be dropping points i can show u 6 points down the toilet already

Anything can happen but just like what loyika was saying this Arsenal team hate lossing and when the likes of united and Chelsea will be lossing we will be at the worst scrapping 1 point from draws
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2008
@VIEIRA

make no mistake about it . . . . I BLAME CLICHY FOR THAT GOOF ! or why has the whole world in unison risen to blame Song for the goof at CAN 2008 ?  grin  grin FORGET THE FACT THAT HE WAS THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PLAYER FOR MOST OF THE GAME. he messed it up at the most crucial period even if IT WASNT PENALTY FOR REAL !  embarassed

@Chacal

Gallas is a passionate player . . .it doesnt have anything to do with surrendering f@ckever to any maggot  tongue

IT WAS JUST A CHANCE TO GO FURTHER UP RUED ! I WISH HENRY WAS HALF AS PASSIONATE AS HE IS WHEN HE WAS WITH US ! embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

Gallas is a passionate player? U call that PASSION?
Do u think Senderos, Sagna and Almunia were not pissed about what happened? They took it like a MAN and moved on!!!
Who was screaming at Gallas when Wazza turned him inside out at OT? Lets fact it . . . Gallas is a nitwit. cheesy cheesy
Leave recriminations for the dressing room . . . . .He was out there throwing tantrums like a BITCH . . .I have never seen such in the Premiership.
There are still 11 games to go . . . .Gallas should shape up and take charge of the team. . . .He doesn't look like a General.
I have never seen a captain cry until i saw BILLY THE BITCH!!!!!!

@ Emperoh,

3 points gap is nothing to worry about especially if u are chasing ARSENAL.
They are the most unreliable buncha losers in the PREM. . . . .Trust em to always let their pathetic fans down when it matters.
Arsenal will finish TROPHYLESS again this season . . . There's an air of inevitabilty about it.

@ Loyika,

The same Keegan u were preaching will take points off Man Utd throughout last week?
I remember the BARCODES forced y'all to a draw in December so what are u on about?
The difference between Man Utd and ur buncha over-rated feather-weights is the STRENGTH IN DEPTH.

Saha, JS Park and Scholes are back to refresh things at Man Utd. . . . . . U cannot say the same with Arsenal. . . . . .
At this junction, expect to see more dismal performances from Arsenal. . . .FATIGUE is creeping in fassssssssssssssssssst.
U haven't recorded a single win in the last 3 games. . . .A blip? Nah. . . . . .me thinks y'all gays dont have what it takes to WIN THE LEAGUE.

I told u 4 months ago United will lose 4-5 games this season and STILL win the title.
Thats the way we do it. . . . . .we dont cling on to UNBEATEN RUN or CHEAPEST SQUAD awards. . . . .
Watch out, that is about to happen again, . . . . . With the way HOLY TRINITY are firing. . . .U gotta admire United's strength.
Ronaldo to score 40 goals this season. . . . . U wanna bet? wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by akinalabi(m): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2008
Just gathered that a time frame had been put on Eduardo's
recovery. He should be running in six months and back in
action in nine. Good to hear.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=488085&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=%27It+is+hoped+Eduardo+will+make+a+full+recovery+in+nine+months%27

Hope we can all cease fire on Taylor.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2008
@Oldies

How u dey guys?

Long time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2008
Good to hear that dudu will be back soon grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2008
coded guy:

Good to hear that dudu will be back soon grin grin grin

I heard they are going to amputate his leg. grin grin grin

I was reading the posts on this thread while listening to Twista's Break 'em up. cool Abeg,who has listened to that Lloyd Banks banger,I Don't Break? Cool lyrics,that boy is a lyrical genius!They say G-Unit is struggling but,as Cypress Hill would put it, nothing will stop the Boy Wonder from havin to break 'em of something.

Great games at the weekend,enjoyed it better than Chozen Few's recent track,Fast Break.

Let me go home and watch the Anthony Hopkins movie,Fracture . cool

shhhhh,what's that sound?Is it some KFC chicken bone breaking?Wait.Hell no! . . . . . .its Taylor about to do a Dudu grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2008
angry angry may both of you injure yourself soon , may u kick one big stone and have a swollen foot amen tongue angry angry angry angry

bad belle haters tongue

Happy 25th Birthday Dudu kiss kiss and get better soon kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2008
@chacal

throwing tantrums ? at least he wasnt headbutting Clichy grin grin

he was bitter about it all. . .and I am sure its not the 1st time that u hav seen he has been sore about this kind of thing cool

@Loyika and Debosky

what could have been the rationale behind using Almunia ahead of an in-form Lehmann ? embarassed

Lehmann saved us so much in the match against Manure that he easily deserved another look-in against B'ham cool

Almunia looked too shaky whilst the kick was about being taken, abi na only me see am ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
Na only you see am o!

I don't mind Gallas throwing a tantrum it shows passion and I am cool with it.

4play you are an evil twit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
Na only you see am o!

I don't mind Gallas throwing a tantrum it shows passion and I am cool with it.

4play you are an evil twit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2008
Everyone was shaky at that time Kit, you can't really blame any of the players for the happenings in the first half - even the foul was odd - the ball was far away before the referee blew the whistle for 'obstruction' sad

That being said, Almunia's positioning was slightly off -too far behind the wall to get across quickly enough. Was Lehmann really on form? I don't think so, Almunia played well, that goal was simply one of those things that happened.

AW keeps his promises, unless Almunia makes a serious error or is ill again, Lehmann may have played his last game for us against AC Milan.

The real kick in the teeth was Clichy's loss of concentration, a simple ball he could have hoofed clear, he dilly dallied till the player was in the box. sad

Almunia almost saved the spot kick, but it was an excellent one. sad

That being said. . .the team deserved credit for sticking with the game and winning (save for the ref's foolish decision). This may be a point earned in the final analysis of the season, not two points dropped. cool

Honestly, Clichy was lucky. . .Watching that video, he would've slapped the boy if he met him in the dressing room- he just waited on the pitch to calm down, if not Clichy would have tribal marks from Gallas' calloused hands on his cheeks by now grin grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 11:28pm On Feb 25, 2008
@ MC Omo,

U gotta admit Billy The Bitch went over the top!!!!
How do u explain his disgraceful attempted charge at Birmingham fans(there were kids on the stands for crying out loud).

On anutha note, it was nice to see Wenger saying that teams go out to kick his team!
This came outta the mouth of a man who said it was ok to kick Luis Nani last week cos he was showboating.

Wenger's comments after the game need to be looked at and i hope CCTV evidence vindicate GALLAS for the second time in succession.
The GAYnners HAVE WELL AND TRULY LOST THE PLOT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:01am On Feb 26, 2008
why are we atttempting to paint Almunia white after all we have seen he is a lil bit off form in a few matches past for crying out loud ? why in heaven's name didnt he just arrange his wall properly ? and who says Lehmann has played his last game ? now[b] THATS A BIG JOKE ![/b] grin

I maintain[b] GALLAS IS MY CAPTAIN ! [/b] tongue grin

truly so, I wonder why Ade and Bendtner should be played together upfront, Ade will never pass to Bendtner and when he does HE WILL PASS TOO SHORT OR PASS TOO LONG grin

not that Bendtner himself is good enuff anyway grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 10:31am On Feb 26, 2008
Saw on Skysports this morning that Kaka could miss the CL return leg against Arsenal after the re-ocurrence of a knee injury

We need to flsh Villa down the toilet on Saturday so that we have the wind in our sails.

I know Walcott is young but i somehow see him running rings round that aging Italins defence, his goals came just at the right time, we may not have all 3 points but his confidence is back and hopefully he can fill in for Dudu (Since only God knows when RVP will be back)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.