Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,798 members, 7,972,852 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:14 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (539613 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2008
'Absolutely horrendous'? Dude,Man Utd have never been as poor as Arsenal got at some point during the game in a long while.Don't let your hate for United bias your analysis,ok?
And,'brave but tired boys'? You mean one brave and enthusiastic boy,named Walcott. Abeg my boi don score.
Gooooalll Ronaldo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2008
Cassiel:

'Absolutely horrendous'? Dude,Man Utd have never been as poor as Arsenal got at some point during the game in a long while.Don't let your hate for United bias your analysis,ok?
And,'brave but tired boys'? You mean one brave and enthusiastic boy,named Walcott. Abeg my boi don score.

Nwam dont make too much noise. Take Ronaldo out of your team and the rest are a bunch of no-hoping plodders.
Man U was poor against a very bad Derby County just a few weeks ago until Ronaldo's moment of magic saved ur blushes. But for some brave goalkeeping you'd have been back home hanging ur head in shame.
i dont hate Man U, do u ever see me coming to ur thread to say nonsense?

Puhlease yes Walcott was one brave and enthusiastic boy . . . but he's a registered Arsenal player not so?

Ronaldo has scored . . . great finish by the best player in the world by a mile . . . without him u people would be home sucking ur thumbs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by anusule(m): 6:39pm On Mar 29, 2008
where are the man utd strikerz?, wat happenz if ronaldo punkass gets injured? embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2008
Cassiel:

Dont worry, i am sure Bolton fans were saying the same too grin grin grin

4Play, what can i say to you? kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2008
One more thing,y'all can say what you like about United,but its ain't changing the numbers on the league table wink
And,as United's going to thrash Villa,yap on boys.You've gotta express your frustrations somehow grin
I've got a match to concentrate on.Later grin
@4Him
Just as Ronaldo is a registered United player grin Anyway,spare me the history lesson and join me instead in watching the best squad in the league break Villa into pieces wink grin
Gotta go,but i'll be back to run your 'brave but tired' players' histories down for you tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by creamdream: 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ Arsenal fans, Gist from uncle wenger!!
Forget the title and Champions League for now, Arsène Wenger's short-term target is simply to win again.

With the notable exception of that historic victory in Milan, Arsenal have not tasted victory since February 11 when Blackburn were beaten 2-0 at Emirates Stadium. In that period they have exited the FA Cup and, more importantly, seen a five-point advantage at the top of the table diminish to a six-point deficit.

Incredibly, Sunday's defeat at Chelsea was only their second of the Premier League campaign, half the tally of leaders Manchester United. However Sir Alex Ferguson's side have amassed four more wins.

Given their recent problems, Wenger would settle for a victory - plain and simple - before they kick-off a mammoth 10 days that will see them play Liverpool three times and then Manchester United at Old Trafford.

"We want to come back to winning games that is what we need to show on Saturday," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"People talk about the Champions League, but it is better you go into the Champions League if you have won the game before than to have had a disappointing result.

"On Saturday, the team just wants to focus on a top-level performance, and then we will win.  Not the opposite when how you play does not matter as long as you win. It is important how we perform, then we win the game.

"We have played many times this season. Recently things have gone against us, little decisions which used to go for us and we could not deal with that mentally.

"But overall I believe we are tough enough mentally. However it's true that when you are so close to the end and things go against you one week after the next, at some stage you have to win again, or that mental strength will go.

"We had a massive disappointment after the Chelsea game, but the fact that they all went away and thought about something different [with their international games] will have refreshed them. They can come back focused again and think it is a new start again."

The game at Stamford Bridge cost Arsenal the services of Bacary Sagna (ankle) for three weeks at least. He joins an injured list consisting of two long-serving names - Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and Eduardo (broken leg).

"It is a big blow," admitted Wenger. "Sagna has been a revelation for us, a fantastic player."

The manager also hinted that Emmanuel Adebayor may be rested, which presumably means Robin van Persie and Niklas Bendtner will be paired up front.

Traditionally, Bolton away has been a bogey fixture for Arsenal. On Saturday the Trotters will be going for the fourth consecutive Premier League win over Wenger's men. However that record was built-up under Sam Allardyce. Despite creditable Uefa Cup success with Gary Megson, they have slipped into the bottom three in recent weeks and are staring relegation square in the face. That, however, is not Wenger's concern. His primary aim is two-fold. Firstly to lift his side's belief and then achieve the win that might lift them up the table.

Remember Manchester United still have to play Chelsea and Arsenal. So if no one is making assumptions at Old Trafford there seems no reason to do it in North or West London. Wenger's attitude was summed up when he was asked whether his players now lacked belief in their own title challenge.

"Well," he replied drawing breath. "That would be a shame because we have worked so hard and fought so hard. Not to believe it now would be crazy.
Yes the belief is maybe less strong than when we were five points ahead but we know for us Bolton is a massive game.

"We don't necessarily have to win every game [to win the title] but certainly we cannot drop any points in the direct game with Manchester United. We are in a situation where we have to win that.

"However," Wenger concluded. "before dreaming of the title, we have to show we can be consistent again and win games."
     WENGER KNOWS, I dont kive a fukc what any other teams fan think!! they are on their own, we ignore them and do our thing!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by creamdream: 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2008
@arsenal fans
I hail o, we must concede the fact that the team went thru a blip, lasting a while, but intead of trading words with some man united fans who will say what sir fegerson wont even dare to think in the spirit of blind followership, lets ignore them and celebrate our 10 man coming back to thrash bolton, more to come, !! i hail o!! as you ignore all mumu sentimental talks, All hail arsenal wenger knows!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by creamdream: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2008
Forget the title and Champions League for now, Arsène Wenger's short-term target is simply to win again.

With the notable exception of that historic victory in Milan, Arsenal have not tasted victory since February 11 when Blackburn were beaten 2-0 at Emirates Stadium. In that period they have exited the FA Cup and, more importantly, seen a five-point advantage at the top of the table diminish to a six-point deficit.

Incredibly, Sunday's defeat at Chelsea was only their second of the Premier League campaign, half the tally of leaders Manchester United. However Sir Alex Ferguson's side have amassed four more wins.

Given their recent problems, Wenger would settle for a victory - plain and simple - before they kick-off a mammoth 10 days that will see them play Liverpool three times and then Manchester United at Old Trafford.

"We want to come back to winning games that is what we need to show on Saturday," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"People talk about the Champions League, but it is better you go into the Champions League if you have won the game before than to have had a disappointing result.

"On Saturday, the team just wants to focus on a top-level performance, and then we will win. Not the opposite when how you play does not matter as long as you win. It is important how we perform, then we win the game.

"We have played many times this season. Recently things have gone against us, little decisions which used to go for us and we could not deal with that mentally.

"But overall I believe we are tough enough mentally. However it's true that when you are so close to the end and things go against you one week after the next, at some stage you have to win again, or that mental strength will go.

"We had a massive disappointment after the Chelsea game, but the fact that they all went away and thought about something different [with their international games] will have refreshed them. They can come back focused again and think it is a new start again."

The game at Stamford Bridge cost Arsenal the services of Bacary Sagna (ankle) for three weeks at least. He joins an injured list consisting of two long-serving names - Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) and Eduardo (broken leg).

"It is a big blow," admitted Wenger. "Sagna has been a revelation for us, a fantastic player."

The manager also hinted that Emmanuel Adebayor may be rested, which presumably means Robin van Persie and Niklas Bendtner will be paired up front.

Traditionally, Bolton away has been a bogey fixture for Arsenal. On Saturday the Trotters will be going for the fourth consecutive Premier League win over Wenger's men. However that record was built-up under Sam Allardyce. Despite creditable Uefa Cup success with Gary Megson, they have slipped into the bottom three in recent weeks and are staring relegation square in the face. That, however, is not Wenger's concern. His primary aim is two-fold. Firstly to lift his side's belief and then achieve the win that might lift them up the table.

Remember Manchester United still have to play Chelsea and Arsenal. So if no one is making assumptions at Old Trafford there seems no reason to do it in North or West London. Wenger's attitude was summed up when he was asked whether his players now lacked belief in their own title challenge.

"Well," he replied drawing breath. "That would be a shame because we have worked so hard and fought so hard. Not to believe it now would be crazy.
Yes the belief is maybe less strong than when we were five points ahead but we know for us Bolton is a massive game.

"We don't necessarily have to win every game [to win the title] but certainly we cannot drop any points in the direct game with Manchester United. We are in a situation where we have to win that.

"However," Wenger concluded. "before dreaming of the title, we have to show we can be consistent again and win games."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2008
@4Him
One more thing(again,lol),the team that thrashed y'all 4-0 had no Ronaldo playing tongue grin
Goooooaaallll Tevez. Absolutely smashing header. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:03pm On Mar 29, 2008
Cassiel

enjoy your lead, you deserve it! Blackburn is my main hope of nicking points off the scum, that is after ourselves and Chelski hopefully beat them wink

If that does not materialise, then the league is surely going to OT this year. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 7:12pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

Cassiel

enjoy your lead, you deserve it! Blackburn is my main hope of nicking points off the scum, that is after ourselves and Chelski hopefully beat them wink

If that does not materialise, then the league is surely going to OT this year. undecided

I dont mind Man U winning the league. At the end of the day, the best team over the entire season ALWAYS wins the league. We only have ourselves to blame. We faltered at the most crucial stage of our campaign. Once United overtook us, it was always going to be an uphill task. We can only hope Chelski shows the same grit and determination to win when they play Man U. Cant have any hopes on Totenham helping us, they are useless grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ Debosky,

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those permutations will work PROVIDED Arsenal don't drop points.
Can't u people just forget about the TITLE and lets talk about something else.
Arsenal CAN NEVER WIN the EPL title this season. . . . . United will win today, Chelsea will win tomorrow.
End of.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
debosky:

Blackburn is my main hope of nicking points off the scum, that is after ourselves and Chelski hopefully beat them wink

In your dream
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2008
@debo
Why,thank you dude. grin Trust me,it will not materialize. You guys sometimes have problems breaking Blackburn,and it seems to me that this is gonna be one of those times unless a miracle happens.Arsenal is really having it rough this time around.Chelsea will probably beat Blackburn,and we will surely beat them.
We are keeping our trophy this year grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grimez(f): 7:30pm On Mar 29, 2008
WOOHOO! ARSENAL 3 BOLTON 2!!!
i luv dem guyz galas nd van persie!! dey rock!
nuff luv to all my gunners out dere, chelsea aint got nuttin on us ! wink cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by texazzpete(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2008
Let's see what Wenger has to say about Abou Diaby's tackle. Maybe he should be banned from life, too?

Oh well, he'll probably not have seen it. at least that's what he always says.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by texazzpete(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2008
Grimez:

chelsea aint got nuttin on us ! wink cool

Anyone else see the irony in this? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2008
texazzpete:

Anyone else see the irony in this? grin

Texazzpete abeg don't start. grin . As a fellow gunner, she is pardoned tongue

@Grimez, erm we lost to Chelsea last week,  just refreshing your memory wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
Great game.Its nice to see an Arsenal side show resilience for once we fought with our backs to the wall today and this is how it should be for the rest of the season going to those three ties against Liverpool with anything other than a win would have been a disaster.My conclusions though are that Diaby should be sold of Pronto that guy would never be Arsenal quality and i wouldnt mind if the F.A increased his ban to 5 games we played better with him off the pitch same for Bendtner those guys are just garbage.Walcott was the man today he is going to be key for Arsenal in the future but back to the present there is still hope and when you keep winning good things will happen
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 8:03pm On Mar 29, 2008
Ahhh, phew! I'm so glad we broke the curse. We broke the jinx! IT'S ON!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by texazzpete(m): 10:16pm On Mar 29, 2008
Po Deep:

Ahhh, phew! I'm so glad we broke the curse. We broke the jinx! IT'S ON!!!

Glad you're coming back to OT to be 're-jinxed'. And this time, it'll be for keeps. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 12:17am On Mar 30, 2008
To be honest i was happy when i got to know that Sagna will be out for some weeks. I knew that was going to make walcott play more cos i thought Eboue will return to the back, however which ever way Wenger did it today Walcott showed his worth, he supplied VanPersie with all the balls only to be wasted; i hope he starts games
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:27am On Mar 30, 2008
WHERE THE F@CK DID MY POST GO TO

AM TIRED angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 2:20am On Mar 30, 2008
It was a brave performance against Bolton. We just have 2 win all our remaining matches else the title goes back 2 man utd.
Whatever the case I would have been proud of the contributions of the lads this season, No one gave them a chance at the start of the campaign!

C.Ronaldo has really been instrumental 2 United's charge this season, sometimes he is just fantastic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by beauchamp: 8:15am On Mar 30, 2008
Derby has finally relegated!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2008
Mc Omo:

WHERE THE F@CK DID MY POST GO TO

AM TIRED angry

this is the last time i am going to reply ur lie angry
before i signed out yesterday the last post on this thread was by Folahann, so what post did i delete?
You only made one post and that post was quoted by Rikyjen. so what post did i delete?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2008
A40, the problem I have with Diaby is that he slows down our whole momentum.

Once the ball reaches him he will hold onto it and start dilly dallying while trying to hold off 10 players.

He makes our breaks slowdown.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by software(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2008
@muki

Congrats oooo, at last arsenal could secure a win by luck, how u dey? hope u are enjoying my match?
victory i s sure for chelsea, in 50mins time, Arsenal will be back to their third position, i hope u understand that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Him(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2008
beauchamp:

Derby has finally relegated!

we knew since september.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2008
smiley wink cheesy grin arsenal rules
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ajadrage: 9:06am On Mar 31, 2008
up newcastle grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2008
Good result on saturday,
Its a long time, I have jumped up and down at a resurgence.10 men winning at the Reebok deserves praises,
Though, we kinda made things difficult for ourselves.
Shocking tackle by Diaby shocked shocked shocked.
He deserved the red card fully and thank Heavens, Monsieur Wenger[b] SAW[/b] it this time around and said it was justified. grin grin grin
Diaby has certainly not progressed at all this season.
Well, that win has the Arsenal back in the title race, Nothing has been won yet and ANYTHING can still happen
Whoever thought the Spuds would get hammered 4-1 at white hart lane and how in God's name did the Chavs survive the Boro onslaught in the last few minutes?
More drama to come.
Game on! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.