Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,947 members, 7,969,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:24 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (539030 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2008
@A-40
He plays for Udinese, consistent for three seasons now
He's only 21, he's already been made their captain, you know those smart moves clubs make to hold on to players

The thing is AW offered 10mil for him, which was easily rejected
Milan, Inter amongst others have been keeping their scouts on him
I just hope AW pressures him enough to come, we'll need sumone to remind Gallas that he's replaceable
The 17mil price tag Udinese placed on him is not helping at all

About Eboue, I'm not sure but I think I saw him play RMF in 2006 ACN
I still think he can improve and buy our hearts in a new position, remember Flamini
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
eldee:

I still think[b] he can improve and buy our hearts[/b] in a new position, remember Flamini

Improvement my foot, the left on for that matter. This MOFO had the whole of last season to prove himself, do you know the # of games he starter angry this is not the year to gamble, need i say more as to why?

BTW Traore is going on loan to Portmouth, wishing him good luck and fast improvement,that boy was even a better option at the LMF when Wenger made Eboue to play there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
eldee:

@A-40
He plays for Udinese, consistent for three seasons now
He's only 21, he's already been made their captain, you know those smart moves clubs make to hold on to players

The thing is AW offered 10mil for him, which was easily rejected
Milan, Inter amongst others have been keeping their scouts on him
I just hope AW pressures him enough to come, we'll need sumone to remind Gallas that he's replaceable
The 17mil price tag Udinese placed on him is not helping at all

I still think he can improve and buy our hearts in a new position, remember Flamini
For 17mil i will be suprised if Arsene goes for him do you know how many unknown players he can get for that amount grin
Eboue cannot improve at RMF i mean this dude cant even run anymore he just doesnt have the pace and skill to be a winger his final ball is poor its so basic even a caveman can decipher this
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2008
Vincent Kompany woud have been a good signing  but he had his own fair share of injury problems last season and he has no premiership experience so it is hard to tell if he will fit in even though he is a great talent. For every signing, Adaptability is a key issue.

Walter Samuel was great and is still great in the Italian league but was a calamity at Real Madrid.

Good news traore is going on loan to Portsmouth. I hope it is only till january and not the whole season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by xyoun: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2008
Fabregas's move to Chelsea is still a possibility, says his representative. Agent Ribeiro claims claims the bereaved foemer english champions would accept a 40million euro (£31.6million) offer. Ribeiro told a Spanish radio station that until the transfer window closes 'anything is possible', and that Arsenal would accept a big-money offer for the player.

PREMIER LEAGUE 2008/09
• Chat | Prediction | Full Club Guide | Podcast | Fantasy | Showdown

• Papers | Transfers | Press Pass | Podcast | Widgets Facebook
• Carling | FA Cup | UEFA | ESP | GER | FRA | ITA | SCO | AUS | OLY
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
Is traore to potsmouth a done deal? Last time I heard, old harry was just wishing AW would let him have the boy, as we had gone and signed the two right footed scumbag.

Anywaz I'd be real glad for the lad if he goes provided its a loan deal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2008
@folahann
We need as many expericed players as we can get
Even if it means bringing Pires back from Spain, I don't care
Eboue is just learning to play a new position, we need to give him a lil more time
Afterall it's not as if we have any other option, Theo never starts well, Rosicky's always injured, Vela's still spanish

@A-40
I still think he'll make a good backup RMF when Rosicky comes back
We only need to give him time to adjust, speed is an easy thing, finishing is what he'll need to improve
Brady and the rest need to remind him that the ball moves faster than any player, he seems to have forgotten how to cross
Having a converted defender as our RMF can be the best deal we ever made
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
xyoun:

Fabregas's move to Chelsea is still a possibility, says his representative. Agent Ribeiro claims claims the bereaved foemer english champions would accept a 40million euro (£31.6million) offer. Ribeiro told a Spanish radio station that until the transfer window closes 'anything is possible', and that Arsenal would accept a big-money offer for the player.

Fabrigas to chelsea, Ribeiro his agent?? Are you sure you don't mean Robinhio

By the way, what are you high on? do you need candid advice from a well meaning brother?? GET OFF IT BEFORE IT WOUNJURES YOU. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
xyoun:

PREMIER LEAGUE 2008/09
• Chat | Prediction | Full Club Guide | Podcast | Fantasy | Showdown

• Papers | Transfers | Press Pass | Podcast | Widgets Facebook
• Carling | FA Cup | UEFA | ESP | GER | FRA | ITA | SCO | AUS | OLY
What is this load of rubbish?

Wow so who plays at LB when its Carling Cup time?is it season long or till January?

@eldee
Hmm i wish i shared your optimism but unfortunately i dont i feel he just plain sucks at RMF
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2008
Did anyone see how classy Sagna was last night?

@Cesc04
Dont mind those fickle fans busy disgracing themselves and giving us bad data
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
A-40:

Wow so who plays at LB when its Carling Cup time?is it season long or till January?

I think AW's looking to blood more young players this season. Boys like K.Gibbs could play LB at the CC. remember he played there at some of the pre-season games. Gavin Hoyte should get more chances too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
@A-40;

Sagna was really brilliant. He was a constant thorn in the flesh of the swedes with his constant runs down the right flank. remember it was his cross that led to Benzema's goal. I just didnt like the fact that the idiotic celestial gazing domenche let him and gallas do the whole 90minutes in a meaningless friendly.

I will be very cross with any national team coach that gets any of our players injured this season like was the case with RVP last time out. This has to be our season, let no body ruine it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
@Cesc04
I just wonder when all this blooding will pay off and actually win us something.I wonder why he didnt rest Gallas and bring in Boumsong grin my heart was in my mouth when i saw the foul on Sagna i thank God RVP is also back in one piece
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
@Eldee
You say MOFO E is learning to play his new position? shocked
After a whole season as the first choice at his Position for Arsenal, could not even bag just 1 goal
Gilberto Silva with the limited games and DMF still managed 1 goal for Arsenal last season
As I've said this is not the season to gamble, so it's not now MOFO should be taught how to play RMF

Nasri, Fabregas, Ramsey, Denilson, Walcott, Rosicky and Wilshire if all fit should all get the nod before that Black MOFO
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
@A-40;

I really dont have anything against blooding the young lads.afterall someone has to do it.

Honestly, its a joy when I see boys that used to play for our reserves/academy get to make the first team like Fab, denilson, bendtner have done, but its greater when I see those that didnt, still go on to strut their stuffs with other clubs in the EPL and champioship. guys like bentley, pennant, alialdiere easily come to mind.

Not all of 'em will make the senior side, but fact that most of those who dont still get to make a living playing footie for other clubs should be compensation enough for the sacrifice we put into nurturing 'em at AFC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2008
Eboue will never amount to anything better than a substitute RB. You can quote me on that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2008
@Cesc04
I agree but his blooding will only be justified if he wins something with them so he has to strike a balance

It just shows how shitty he is.No goal and a single assist even Gallas did better
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by AJITERU: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
Please who knows where debosky and Dr. kit are? Please we need your contribution on this our new capture.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2008
AJITERU:

Please who knows where debosky and Dr. kit are? Please we need your contribution on this our new capture.
Been waiting for their responses all day and even Loyika's
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaypumpin2(m): 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
as far as am concerned this is putsch,silvestre was actually havin his medics in man city b4 wenger stepped in.

Now there are 2 issues involved in this,fergusson has vowed neva to sell any player to any rival and the most recent of all instances is the heinze saga.Even Manure was reported to have been interested in our own viera b4 his departure and was not even let in on the whole issue b4 he was sold to juventus.y this sudden change of mind and attitude and i ask again as i did in my earlier post,is arsenal less of a rival now?

The second aspect is if arsenal cld let gilbero,pires et al go cos they were considered too old to be handed a 2yr deal cos of been ova 30yrs,what made silvestre issue different?Arsene has better provide a sane explanation(as if he will).

Me fink Silvestre is an OK addition that will bring sanity but hes not the best,and thats where the problem lies.Arsenal after 3 trophyless seasons needs the BEST signing now.We need less of this injured signing a la Bischoff(injury prone is not even the problem) in arsenal.

And really am sure we are done in the transfer market but am praying in my heart we shld buy just one more player i.e INLER.

If we go another trophyless season, it will be disatrous to say the least.As per Eboue am sure he will still come good
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
Armand Traore joins Portsmouth on loan

Arsenal can confirm that Armand Traore has joined Portsmouth on a year-long loan.

The French left back will spend the entire season down on the South-Coast with Harry Redknapp’s side.

The 19-year-old signed Arsenal from Monaco in 2006 and has 18 first-team appearances to his name. Last term, Armand made a significant step forward by making debuts in the Champions League and Premier League. This season he will be looking to add to that experience with the FA Cup holders.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Armand the best of luck with Portsmouth.

Armand Traore
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vichel(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
Listen there is sometin u guyz obviously dn't understand and are toooo naive to. Last season we bought diarra, and we had depth in midfield, but he left after 4 months because of no play time, same reason he left Chelsea, and as a result we were left short when we needed him most. So tell me which world class defender would want to sit on the bench knowing full well, dat his chances of regular football will be limited?, Mikel was bought as a cover up just in case clichy gets injured, and also as an experienced center back if gallas or toure suffers the same injury fate. We've been clamouring for cover up for clichy, citing the fact that traore wasn't strong enough yet, and now we've got an experienced one, and some of u are foaming in the mouth unnecessarily. Traore has gone to portsmouth to get first team experience, which he is not guaranteed at arsenal for now, a very valuable experience that will be of immense help to us in the future. Wenger himself has said he is still going to sign a DM, so why are u guyz just being ignorant, Lampard a 30 yr old player for chelsea just signed a 5yr deal, and i dn't hear nobody complaining. This is one of the best signings wenger has done dis yr. Do u guyz really believe, i mean seriously believe winger would use mikel as a first eleven player?, common pls think!!! GOONER 4 LYFE!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Woodpecker(m): 8:58am On Aug 22, 2008
fabregas ke?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 9:20am On Aug 22, 2008
vichel:

Listen there is sometin u guys obviously dn't understand and are toooo naive to. Last season we bought diarra, and we had depth in midfield, but he left after 4 months because of no play time, same reason he left Chelsea, and as a result we were left short when we needed him most. So tell me which world class defender would want to sit on the bench knowing full well, that his chances of regular football will be limited?, Mikel was bought as a cover up just in case clichy gets injured, and also as an experienced center back if gallas or toure suffers the same injury fate. We've been clamouring for cover up for clichy, citing the fact that traore wasn't strong enough yet, and now we've got an experienced one, and some of u are foaming in the mouth unnecessarily. Traore has gone to portsmouth to get first team experience, which he is not guaranteed at arsenal for now, a very valuable experience that will be of immense help to us in the future. Wenger himself has said he is still going to sign a DM, so why are u guys just being ignorant, Lampard a 30 yr old player for chelsea just signed a 5yr deal, and i dn't hear nobody complaining. This is one of the best signings wenger has done this yr. Do u guys really believe, i mean seriously believe winger would use mikel as a first eleven player?, common please think!!! GOONER 4 LYFE!!

Look who's talking about naivity, like you would recognise it were it to come perch on your dumb arse! my subject of disagreement isnt that AW went and bought a useless, good for nothing yeti who has long out lived his usefulness as a footballer just 'cause he is willing to sit on the bench, its more like why an injury prone, 31year old manscum!!

I for one can think of over a dozen other players who would equally fit same bill, but arent as injury prone, would be more useful to our course and most importantly wouldnt come from mansum.

And by the way, I don't give a Bleep if lampard go signs foreva for chelski at 130yrs, the fact remains that AW had a policy of not offering players over 30 more than a year contract, and to go and break it for the french scumbag, smells double standard to me. Its not good enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2008
Cesc04:

Look who's talking about naivity, like you would recognise it were it to come perch on your dumb arse! my subject of disagreement isnt that AW went and bought a useless, good for nothing yeti who has long out lived his usefulness as a footballer just 'cause he is willing to sit on the bench, its more like why an injury prone, 31year old manscum!!

I for one can think of over a dozen other players who would equally fit same bill, but arent as injury prone, would be more useful to our course and most importantly wouldnt come from mansum.

And by the way, I don't give a Bleep if lampard go signs foreva for chelski at 130yrs, the fact remains that AW had a policy of not offering players over 30 more than a year contract, and to go and break it for the french scumbag, smells double standard to me. Its not good enough.
Didn't Ashley Cole said something about French Connection in Arsenal. Then you guys were calling him an Idiot. More suprises is on the way for you a$$. Next season Markalele will join. From Young Gayner to Retired Gayner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Woodpecker(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2008
wenger yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 11:08am On Aug 22, 2008
presido1:

Didn't Ashley Cole said something about French Connection in Arsenal. Then you guys were calling him an Idiot. More suprises is on the way for you a$$. Next season Markalele will join. From Young Gayner to Retired Gayner

Ce qui est ceci grin grin grin grin
Hey nitwit,I know this my post will make your day bigtime
At least it affords your illiterate self the chance to learn proper dictum and syntax,if only briefly.

Here we go;

It's not "Didn't Ashley Cole said something ",but Didn't Ashley Cole say something

It's not "Then you guys were calling him",but "Then you guys called him"

Finally never say "More suprises is on the way ",you should rather say More suprises are on the way

Don't even try to respond to this post,rather utilise the time to memorise the above tips,as any senseless response from you will definitely be ignored
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2008
@rasputinn;

Way to go ras! Saves the rest of us valuable time trying to put the scarecrow on line grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2008
rasputinn:

Here we go;

It's not "Didn't Ashley Cole said something ",but Didn't Ashley Cole say something

It's not "Then you guys were calling him",but "Then you guys called him"

Finally never say "More suprises is on the way ",you should rather say More suprises are on the way

Don't even try to respond to this post,rather utilise the time to memorise the above tips,as any senseless response from you will definitely be ignored

@ rasputinn

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! grin
But that's how it should be.
Any scummie in here should be able to communicate well.
I agree with you.
If Thuram had still been playing footie,i won't be cross with AW
At least, he's also French and has won loads of stuff .
Not Silvestre.
I have read lots of articles, supporting AW, even manure articles questioning SAF's sanity.
Still, I DON"T GET IT.
AW may yet prove us wrong .
Let us wait and see!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vichel(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
Cesc04:

Hey listen there was no need for your insults, u just an ignorant fool, what exactly do u know about football, have u ever coached a team, have u ever been in a team , dn't come here spewin fuckery. So u tellin me because he's from united, he is crappy?, dude if u aint got sometin reasonable to say please don't reply to my post again, becos as i see it, your criticisms of wenger is absolutely naive and STUPID angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Woodpecker(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2008
this thread is for gunners only not gunner wannabes or is your understanding of the simple english used in the topic as poor as your choice of clubs?
also, this goes to the miserable excuse for human beings they call man utd fans; stay the f**k away from this thread and go form yours or do you lack initiative like your sorry ass manager, alex faggotson, does?
gunners for life men, can i get witness?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Woodpecker(m): 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2008
this thread is for gunners only not gunner wannabes or is your understanding of the simple english used in the topic as poor as your choice of clubs?
also, this goes to the miserable excuse for human beings they call man utd fans; stay the f**k away from this thread and go form yours or do you lack initiative like your sorry ass manager, alex faggotson, does?
gunners for life men, can i get witness?

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.