Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,308 members, 7,940,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (533058 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:09am On Aug 23, 2008
Do you think I care about your stupid comparisons? Whether you agree with me or not is immaterial - I believe that Arsenal is the best football club in the world. cool

Now that may not fly with you, but who made you the judge? Bayern is a shyte club, if you don't like it, you can go roll around in a septic tank grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2008
dayokanu:

Germany had in their line up More Bayern players than any other club. Miro klose, Lahm and Poldi were in all the games with Schweini making an important contribution in the tourney.

Klose had 2 goals. Lahm had 1 Poldi had 3 and Schweini had 2 Germany scored 10 goals at the last Euros Bayern Players scored 8 Can you see you are not making sense? I told you I would guide you to diagnose you own stupidity.

Your stupidity keep expanding exponentially.
Who gives a rat's ass about the number of goals Bayern Players scored at Euro 2008?
Are u mentally corrupted or what is the nature of your mental ailment??

Why haven't these players transform their quality into Bayern Munich?
Ordinary Zenit St. Petersburg spanked your team mercilessly under the freckled nose of Shitzfeld.
Just because u won UCL 3 times in the 70s doesn't make u great. . . . . .Same set of players won it in that decade.
In other words, Bayern have only produced 2 generations of good players. . . . .74 class and 2001 class(Pathetic).
Is Uruguay better than France or Nottingham Forest better than Chelsea?
Bavarian rodent!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:14am On Aug 23, 2008
One question - was it even the CL in 74?

Its like Liverpool coming up to say they've won 18 premiership titles. . . . . . only a nitwit like DK could come up with that. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2008
The hallmark of a sane person is the ability to make logical argument.

Arsenal is the best club in the world to you But you have to give points to back it up else its no better than a looney's opinion.

@Jackal,

Bayern has 2 generation of great players, How many generation does this Assanal have?

How many generations of players won 9 UCL for Madrid?

@Debo,

According to you Bayern has won 1 UCL, How many has Arsenal won Past and present
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:30am On Aug 23, 2008
dayokanu:

How many generations of players won 9 UCL for Madrid?

The funny thing about Madrid's 9 trophies haul is that 6 of the 9 were achieved during a 10 year period,1956-1966, when Gen Franco was mollycoddling them. They had another reprieve when the Madrid city council came in with that plum real estate deal. Stripped of Govt support,Real's star will wane.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 12:31am On Aug 23, 2008
debosky:

Its like Liverpool coming up to say they've won 18 premiership titles. . . . . . only a nitwit like DK could come up with that. grin grin grin

You couldn't have put that better.
Is Bayern better than Chelsea or Arsenal??
Jeeez. . . . . Its like saying Aston Villa is better than Chelsea or Uruguay is better than France!!!
Someone should beg Dayo to dig his nappyhead out of his rectum. grin cheesy

@ Dayokanu,

All i am saying is. . . . .Same set of players won the European Cup for Bayern in that period. . . .Reminds me of Enyimba's dominance a while ago.
You cannot compare that to United's 68-99-2008.
Real Madrid also won it in 56, 57, 58, 59 and 60. . . . .Isn't that comical?? grin cheesy. . . How can one club win the same competition 5 times in a row?
Milan are the only worthy champions of Europe winning it in 63, 69, 89, 90, 94, 03 and 07(6 different generations).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On Aug 23, 2008
Bayern Better than Arsenal or chelsea? Are you Okay?

Old or new UCl Bayern has more than the combination of Arsenal and Chelsea. League title bayern has more than the combination of Arsenal and Chelsea.

All European titles Bayern Has more than the combination of Arsenal and chelsea

Old Champions cup bayern 3 Arsenal+Chelsea 0
New UCL Bayern 1 Arsenal +Chelsea 0 So I ask once more are you OKay??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 12:37am On Aug 23, 2008
Debo,
cant you see that Jackal is leading me to bashing Arsenal and you are pushing him to do so.

Why is it that all Gayyners have no Brains? Its so obvious for all to see or you imagine Jackal loves Arsenal so Much to take sides with them against bayern.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 12:40am On Aug 23, 2008
It's so amazingly dumb how D'K argues, how could you just use Champs league trophy as the only criteria for choosing the best team. Sorry ass Bayern, thank God it's in the bundesliga: crappiest league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 12:44am On Aug 23, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You keep bringing old glory into this. . . .
The last time Bayern won the UCL was 2001. . . . .
Roman Abrahamovic didn't even know he would buy a London club then. . . . Saddam was still in power. . . .50 cent was still unknown.

Besides, when was the last time Bayern got seeded in Europe? Ya pathetic team is not even in the TOP 10 teams in Europe so put a cock in it.
Go and see the latest UEFA team ranking then get back to me when u are through.
All the BIG 4 clubs in England ARE better than Bayern Munich as of today. . . . .Forget history.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2008
So Folahan,

What are they criteria for chosing the best clubs according to you. Jersey colours, Hair styles, Or stadium size.

Draw up your criteria.

Let me into your world. If you don't know you are an experiment of how long human can function If candle wax was used to replace their brains .

@jackal,
I think Stupidity is contagious on the Gaynners website.Seedings and UEFA ranking are now the basis. How come Chelsea is ahead of man Utd on that ranking or Sevilla is ahead of real Madrid.

Chelsea ahead of AC Milan Kindly explain. Per the ranking Man Utd should be the lowest from England below Arsenal Pls explain. Or better still bring out the list Maybe I am looking at the wrong list.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 12:57am On Aug 23, 2008
dayokanu:

@jackal,
I think Stupidity is contagious on the Gaynners website.Seedings and UEFA ranking are now the basis. How come Chelsea is ahead of man Utd on that ranking or Sevilla is ahead of real Madrid.

Chelsea ahead of AC Milan Kindly explain. Per the ranking Man Utd should be the lowest from England below Arsenal Please explain. Or better still bring out the list Maybe I am looking at the wrong list.

Stupidity platelets flow in your blood stream.
Of course, Chelsea and Arsenal should be above Man Utd because of their performances(cumulative) in the past 5 seasons.
United failed to qualify from the group in 05/06 while Arsenal got to the final, United got knocked out in 2nd round TWICE in a row in 03/04 & 04/05.
Chelsea have been the most consistent in England always getting to the Q/finals so they deserve to be there.
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . I thunk u had some brain cells, never knew they are just 2 that need to be thawed. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:58am On Aug 23, 2008
Let DK keep dwelling in the past, in statistical tables you can claim superiority, but going into the pot for the draws in a few weeks, we'll know who is big and who is not.

I guess we can also count Fairs Cup too since we are counting old glory?? Would that make any sense?

Like I said, don't make the mistake of comparing yourself to true greats like AC Milan - a sole triumph is nothing to make noise about like I've said previously. . . .if Terry kept his footing, Chelski could claim the same statistical relevance with you all at once, so put a sock in it will ya?

We don't care what you think of Arsenal, I would've thought that fact would have registered by now, but I see you're too dim witted to notice.

Keep being at the top of your phantom list, NO ONE CARES. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 1:04am On Aug 23, 2008
Hey! DiK i will surely draw it up, before that why don't you just check the top ten team online and see if they agree with Dayokanu.
Nigeria Argentina is only 4 hours away, going to gather some energy to bump my fist in the air
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2008
Chelsea          Arsenal              man Utd

03/04        Semi                Quarter            Second round
04/05        Semi                2nd round            2nd round
05/06        2nd round       Finals                    Groups
06/07         Semi               2nd round             Semi
07/08        Finals               qfinals                  Winners

Look at that critically particularly man vs Arsenal and tell me once more that Arsenal is better in the last 5 years. A winners medal compared to anything there?

Chelsea better than Milan who have played 3 of the last 6 finals and chelsea that have only played one final in a century

fairs cup Yes count it. If terry kept his footing? what are you on? We can go on with a million Ifs that would make the world suit us.

@Folahan Top 10 based on what? Dont give me that Sevilla better than Madrid list. Abeg or Arsenal Better than Man Utd list or Chelsea better than Milan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 1:16am On Aug 23, 2008
I should have been surprised seeing some1 like dayokanu arguing like a dickhead
even FIFA has a dump president; that explains
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:19am On Aug 23, 2008
unlike you DK, a winner's medal is not discounted above everything, look more into the POINTS allocated for the respective finishes and you'd understand. Or are you now claiming we should accept DK's ranking above that of UEFA's?

Your delusion has moved along greatly I see. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Aug 23, 2008
Ok debo,
Allocate points for the various positions Winners Runners up, Semi, quarters and Second round then apply to Man Utd and Arsenal. Also Use those points structure for Chelsea and Milan and get back to me.

This might be too difficult for you. So ask for help.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 1:31am On Aug 23, 2008
Arsenal is better in the last 5 years because United failed to qualify from their group in a season Arsenal played in the final.
That season. . . . . . .United copped 8 points while Arsenal copped 27 points(a difference of 19 points according to UEFA coefficients).
The difference between Arsenal and Man Utd on that list is just 3 points so 05/06 season was when United lost ground to Arsenal.

http://europeancups.altervista.org/rankings/team%20ranking%202008.htm

The link above should help your nappy-head. shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:32am On Aug 23, 2008
let him keep arguing, like I said, DK is smarter than UEFA give him a medal! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 1:38am On Aug 23, 2008
debosky:

let him keep arguing, like I said, DK is smarter than UEFA give him a medal! grin

He is pathetically stupid.

Looking at that ranking carefully, United is the only team in the TOP 10 with a single digit point(05/06) in the last 5 seasons.
That was the season Benfica knocked em out and Ferguson couldn't qualify from his group.
Yet, DK still wants us to compare that failure to Chelsea and AC Milan who have always qualified from their groups.
Is this boy serious?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 1:40am On Aug 23, 2008
Can you explain that point system?

Anyone should be ashamed of that list. AC Milan won in 07 and got 24 points while Chelsea that lost in the semis got 23 ponits I same with Liverpool.

AC Milan got 24 points for winning in 07 while Arsenal got 27 for being runner up a season earlier.

Milan got more points for losing in Istanbul than for winning the trophy in 2007.

Barca crashed out at the semis in 08 just like "pool How come pool have more points

Sevilla got more points for winning UEFA cup than AC Milan who won the UCL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by timmfikk(m): 1:40am On Aug 23, 2008
@Debosky, ur mouth is a raizor ah ah lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:46am On Aug 23, 2008
Must we slice your head openand insert cogent reasoning?

Any nitwit will realise from a cursory look at the table that the point totals are based on PERFORMANCE as a whole and not just final position - winning your group, games won and the like would count in determining points, but like I said, If DK was to be UEFA president, Bayern would be #1 for winning the CL with a Ollie Kahn in goal - 50 points! grin grin

Just give it up dude, the definitive UEFA table has been released and it defeats your reasoning, will you submit to higher authority or continue to argue blindly? Germans are known for doggedness, but this is turning out to be persistent stupidity. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 1:50am On Aug 23, 2008
dayokanu:

Can you explain that point system?

Anyone should be ashamed of that list. AC Milan won in 07 and got 24 points while Chelsea that lost in the semis got 23 ponits I same with Liverpool.

AC Milan got 24 points for winning in 07 while Arsenal got 27 for being runner up a season earlier.

Milan got more points for losing in Istanbul than for winning the trophy in 2007.

Barca crashed out at the semis in 08 just like "pool How come pool have more points

Sevilla got more points for winning UEFA cup than AC Milan who won the UCL

It's official. . . . . .Dayokanu is a LOBOPOD!!!!

Jeez, many indices are considered before awarding those points.
Number of goals scored, conceded, points accrued in the group stages, scoreless draws, score draws and many more.
All of a sudden, a useless Dayokanu thinks he is smarter than UEFA. . . . . .
Dude, u need to thaw out the 2 brain cells left in ur cranium. . . . This show of STUPIDITY is embarrassing.
Where is Ibime who thinks u are the shiznit. . . .Anyways, both of y'all function on a single digit IQ so i aint surprised. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 4:52am On Aug 23, 2008
in 06/07 Liverpool lost 4 games Milan lost 3 and won the trophy yet the were scored same.

In 2005 Liverpool and Milan lost 2 games apiece, "pool went on to win yet Milan scored more.

xplain pls
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2008
You expect us to accept the player ratings of a site that says fabregas was the least influential player in the Euro Cup final but you won't accept UEFA site that rates Bayern lower than us; putting them in their right position
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2008
Its a no brainer. Fabregas played half the final. and he was substituted when Ballack started bullying him. In your own view was he better than Senna or Xavi in that Midfield?

Bayern lower than Arsenal. Just hug that for life. No UCL trophy in your history and u claim you are better than winners. In your warped mind You feel Chelsea and Arsenal are better than Real Madrid.

Then I think DELUSION should be your middle name.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2008
Hey! DiK,
UEFA knows better than you but if you don't think so then go ahead and do whatever you like, it's your life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2008
Focus pls
Fulham beckons
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doncaster(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2008
This is for UK residents,

If you use Virgin Media, i can get you connected to watch all the channels available, from sky movis,sky sports to Setanta and other yaya channels(u gat wort i mean) for £150. Extra 35 bucks will give u 20meg internet connection for one year. U get that from virgin betwen £80 to £100 a month.
For More info hala donncaster@yahoo.ca.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by realfond(m): 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2008
Abi today's match na 5.30pm Nigerian time, ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.