Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,235 members, 7,974,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:57 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (539917 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:32am On Mar 12, 2007
Flamini understudy Berti? Abeg make dem sell d guy jare, even Denilson has distinguished himself in a shorter time, seems to me like we r just rewarding him for doing well standing in at left back @ d last UECL, but how bloody well can he hold his own in d middle of d pack?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:35am On Mar 12, 2007
denilson and fab4 are too similar, one has to deputise for another - flamini/diaby can do the hard tackling these boys cant do

we need a world class striker addition, and maybe a quality RB
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:53am On Mar 12, 2007
Flamini is just a shadow marker, too error-prone, lacks concentration, not skillful but gud enuff Denilson has got all these, nice movement, packs a shot to his legs and marks harder than flamini so what else? Havent u noticed that Wenger had started using him ahead of flam?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 9ja4eva: 4:01am On Mar 12, 2007
Ass what?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 9:54am On Mar 12, 2007
Jeremy Aliadiare is a hard working player, it is a delight to watch him create a big chance out of nothing, almost all of baptista's goals came through that man's hard work, i disagree with him leaving.
I don't see any good in keeping Baptista or Flamini, I think they are not good enough to stay in the team. Players like Walcot and senderos need to really improve, Senderos has let us down when we really needed him to stand strong, he let in chelsea's goal at the carling cup finals, and also Benny McCathy's goal in the FA cup, both goals took us out of contention for these cups.

I would love to see Eboue and Hleb recover from injury and start at the right side of the team, Clichy and Djurou at the left, I think Fabregas needs to move a bit up front with Denilson and Gilberto right behind him in the midfield, and finally, Henry and Robin Van-persie upfront with Adebayor coming in as a sub until he learns enough to earn him a starting position.
I think Lyunberg and Aliadiare can make useful tactical substitutions, Diaby could come in to reinforce the defensive midfield positions when the damage has been done to our opponents and we need to defend a bit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2007
you're all talking about who should leave and you forgot Lehmann? angry

senderos is fine but when its against chelsea he loses it sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2007
Why shd Lehmann leave when he is at the peak of his career?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 11:48am On Mar 12, 2007
I prefer Almunia anyday, anytime! I think he has better reflexes and at least he tries to save the effort even if it goes in. I think lehmann is getting old and lazy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2007
because he's turning into a grumpy old man angry

why must he be pushing his players and leaving his posts , making silly mistakes that cost us dearly angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2007
think lehmann is still okay
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Blow(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2007
I think Lehman needs to be talked

he's always hyper-active

He needs to relax and concentrate more.

He can be a better keeper
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2007
he is just okay
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2007
ljunberg is past his sell by date, I still insist flamini should stay, his performances this season have been good enough for me, besides he didnt play in any of the disastrous games of the past fortnight

aliadiere? I really believe he is a luxury we cant afford right now, if we keep Henry RVP and Adebayor, we need a very reliable 4th striker and Ali doesnt cut it for me, neither does Baptista.

But with Henry out for the season and RVP coming back late at best, they both have golden opportunities to win arsenal hearts, if it doesnt happen now, it may never happen

the only players i think we should eject are ljunberg and eboue, buy a better RB to tutor hoyte, keep on with senderos and djourous education with gallas and kolo holding the middle

our main issue in my opinion is finding a good replacement for lehmann (akineev the russian is being suggested) and how best to utilise the midfield talents we have
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 12, 2007
Flamini is a good player just that we havent used him properly, I think he's a good CMF he's a bit defensive but thats good considering cesc fabregas is in the middle as well.

Ali blows hot and cold i don't know if he'll be useful in proper games, the only reason we'll keep him is for FA cup and theres no point keeping a player like him if he can't deliver in proper games.

Ali,Ljunberg,Senderos for sale = a quality striker preferably a no.9 a battler

Baptista hmm should he go should he stay? Reyes  lipsrsealed i don't think this dude want to see the Neville brothers anymore cheesy

I think we should get someone that can play/already playing centre back (RCB),having kolo play all the games is a bit somehow-if he suffers a burn out like henry we might just miss him too much
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:46pm On Mar 12, 2007
I wonder what you see in dat Flamini sha, methinks na d French connection dey still keep am dia, did he have any outstanding game all season? Even Ali and Baptista had their days!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Christino(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2007
Lehmann be a better keeper, He can't get any better than that, he's peaked already. Besides Almunia isn't better than Lehmann in Anyway. Don't forget how many goals he conceeded in the FA & carling cups, don't get carried away with the scorelines esp. on days the beast stole the headlines. Check it!

Talk of goal keepers, remember Khan's butter fingers and Seaman's on field sailing? At one time ya'll said Lehmann was the best GK in the world, now he's rubbish. soccer fans sef angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2007
wetin concern you sef angry tongue

u support boro push far grin grin

lehamnn is acting like a tired old lady .

his temper is getin da best of him,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:17am On Mar 13, 2007
Na temper be dat? What u r complaining of is his way of commanding his defence and dts how to get gud results! Lehman is ok!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vichel(m): 12:28am On Mar 13, 2007
Sometimes i wish to get on the field of play and punch lehman, he acts like a goddamn kid, that is like 30 something. i think he needs to be taught a good lesson by bringing in a strong replacement, just like man u has tomas kushsack. We need a world class striker next season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:19am On Mar 13, 2007
@ kitaun outstanding games by the flamster?

he scored the winning goal against Zagreb at the Emirates, our first competitive win there!

what of the beauty he scored at the bridge against chelsea?

the boy is good, he's not fussy and does whatever job the manager gives him, keep him definitely.

Senderos? I think folks have been to hard on the dude - Drogba was in the form of his life, dunno if anyone cdve stopped in in that cc final

the blackburn goal? totally not his fault, he is obviously not a RB, its gallas that shdve shifted there in that game, he knows how to play on the wing, not poor phillipe.

Senderos should stay along with djourou, they can alternate whenever we need to rest kolo or gallas.

ljunberg, ali should definitely go, we need a 4th striker who will get us goals when the others are out or not in form

plus a new goalie, not kuscack, maybe the dude who plays for watford? (the one MU owns) Scott Carson, boy that guy is good, or the russian dude from cska.

lehmann's main fault is his poor form in the air - crosses and headers. we need our CB's to have good understanding, too much rotation this season. hope kolo and gallas can stike up a good understanding in the remaining games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 2:35am On Mar 13, 2007
http://www.eurosport.com/football/premiership/2006-2007/sport_sto1114780.shtml

Somebody help Le Prof, Oops ma bad, Le Viewer. he said hes feeling lost, Im Just dey start him sorrow.Dude is clueless,youth policy my yansh. Sincerley, i applaud his vision and stringent policies on spending but he simply doesn't know when to pull the plugs. Read his opaks Yarns
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2007
Rikky Ricardo

Read your link and then come back again. For someone that accuses me of being biased, i guess you forgot to mention the other parts of the article that showed that Wenger said he was ok with the team and saw great potential in his squad.

Seems in your case, "whats good for the goose is not good for the gander"

Like i keep saying "United Win Something first, then and only then can you scummies go around and shout round the house". Even the Russians that have won somethings this season don't constitute a nusiance like you scummies embarassed

Please!!! Anyone out there with something far more useful cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2007
Arse-anal players are 'stupid'(not my opinion but Gallas's)-[url]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007110748,00.html[/url]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2007
shocked   shocked  Loyiks, Dr. Kit, Muki, Debosky, where are you? Come hear this one o! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sammycool(m): 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2007
hey, what makes you think they are stupid? Football is not only about winning the medals. The team is a force anywhere, anytime.
Be very careful or else, angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2007
sammycool:

hey, what makes you think they are stupid? Football is not only about winning the medals. The team is a force anywhere, anytime.
Be very careful or else, angry

Brainless Gooners grin That opinion was expressed by Gallas so refer all your enquiries to Gallas
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2007
"The Trash heap has spoken, Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!" tongue tongue

hissing loudly tongue

Please does any other person (with a functioning brain) have something esle to say, before this sorry excuse of a human being ruins our thread with his special brand of Clown Sh@t!! tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2007
Another brainless Gooner on the prowl grin What is with Gooners and imbecillity? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2007
If it smells like Sh#t tongue Looks like Sh#t tongue Feels like Sh#t tongue then it must be (4PLAY) sh#ttongue

Anyone please post something else, this slowpoke is taking over our thread cry cry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2007
Can the schmuck who posted before me please leave me alone grin ,go find a woman to pester or something.Hump a dog or whatever Gooners do grin

Brainless Gooner.He of the Gooner 89 cool Am sure that 89 is his IQ level grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Gheorghe(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2007
neva seen a real blues fan,all prosts. running after the winning team of the moment to "BELONG", I bet u when d roman drunk leaves i.e. after maureen has gone, then they will all get back to Arsenal, we're all accommdating, no hatred,no long thing, jus enjoying ourselves. cheesy grin

gunner4life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2007
You sure are enjoying yourselves ;DKnocked out of all competitions

Bunch of braindead Gooners

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.