Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,262 members, 7,950,383 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:06 PM

Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise (1261 Views)

Advice:He Wants Me To Leave Our 6months Old Baby With His Mum And Travel To Work / Mother Throws Baby With Unusual 'big Head' Into Refuse Dump / What Was Your Baby's First Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by coolboy100(m): 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
i want to name my baby just like my name and my friend is telling me that is wrong that the baby should have his\her name, please house is it wrong for someone to name his baby, e.g. (oluwaseun jnr) ( Emaka uzo jnr) or (Ikenna jnr) please is any thing wrong with that?
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by UNLEASHED(m): 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
Go ahead, there's nothing wrong with it!
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by Cayon(f): 1:31am On Sep 12, 2008
if God bless me with a son in the near future , I'll name him after his dad once the name has a solid meaning
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by benincitys(f): 3:57am On Sep 12, 2008
is your son name him whatever you like as for me i don't like it.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by tRoOE(f): 4:59am On Sep 12, 2008
[size=13pt]My son will be given his father full name, but if i have a girl she won't be name after me,that is a NO NO grin grin[/size]
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by JustGood(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2008
you could name your son
1. Gari Carpenter
2. Doug Tailor
3. Woodpecker Horn
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by coolboy100(m): 7:23am On Sep 13, 2008
JustGood:

you could name your son
1. Gari Carpenter
2. Doug Tailor
3. Woodpecker Horn
have you ever been serious in your life before?
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2008
Nothing wrong with naming your child after yourself.

Why would you think it's wrong?
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by MissyB1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 14, 2008
It's just Okay if you're kool with it.Norrin wrong with it.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by JustGood(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2008
coolboy, you never see these better names be4?

make I give you more names?
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by billyall(m): 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2008
There is nothing wrong in that, if you are Tunde call him Tunde also but no junior. My son will never be my junior but senior me in every thing that is my prayer.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by coolboy100(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
Cayon:

if God bless me with a son in the near future , I'll name him after his dad once the name has a solid meaning
GOD will bless you with a son in near future as you want,did i hear you say Amen? smiley
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ topic

Give your child his own name and his own identity.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by steaming(f): 10:24am On Sep 18, 2008
Yeah, i could give my child male or female, my name or the father's as the case may be, but no Junior to be affixed. It is the name and nothing else.

JUNIOR, NO, NO, NO. She/He's got his own destiny.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by rampagain: 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
there is nothing wrong wt it
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by coolboy100(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2008
thank you all for the advice i love you all, he is born yesterday 18th sept, by 8,25pm, thank GOD with me all is fine
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by MrCrackles(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2008
Nothing wrong but i wont be having dat JUNIOR TAG though

It is like every local dog getting named BINGO!!!

JUNIORS COME BOKU LIKE OKRIKA FOR ASWANI MARKET!!
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by iceland(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2008
Brash!:

Nothing wrong but i wont be having that JUNIOR TAG though

It is like every local dog getting named BINGO!!!

JUNIORS COME BOKU LIKE OKRIKA FOR ASWANI MARKET!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That is very true.The junior tag should be removed.

Cayon :

Does the meaning of a name affects the child's future.I think NO.We make names,names dont make us!Judas did not betray JESUS because he was named judas.He betrayed JESUS because he was a betrayer.U can name your child judas and the whole world could follow suit.It depends on the training you give him.So many davids,paul and peter are armed robbers today
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by MrCrackles(m): 9:47am On Sep 22, 2008
i swear it should be banned! grin
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by iice(f): 8:55am On Sep 23, 2008
Hopefully all the first boys born into our family will be named after my brother grin grin
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by carmelily: 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2008
personally, i prefer the Roman numerals to Junior. Example: Barack Obama II rather than Barack Obama Junior
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by plappville(f): 9:18am On Oct 20, 2008
thank all for the advice i love you all, he is born yesterday 18th sept, by 8,25pm, thank GOD with me all is fine
Congratulation what a blessed day (((18th september))). kiss ur baby for me.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by MadMax1(f): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2008
Congratulations on the birth of your baby! You must be so happy. Name him whatever you like. Your friend is protesting cos he doesn't like the idea. There are those who do and those who don't. If you like it, go ahead.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by bigfather(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2008
Nothing is wrong with it bro, my old man named my daugher after him.
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by MrCrackles(m): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2008
big father:

Nothing is wrong with it bro, my old man named my daugher after him.

chei
Re: Naming Your Baby With Your Name, Advise by bigfather(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2008
MrCrackles:

chei
tongue undecided
Yeah cus the name is a unisex name and the name means a whole lot !

(1) (Reply)

Dutch Girl, 12, Gives Birth On A School Trip / Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) / True Confession: He Met Her On Twitter, Now His Life Is A Complete Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.