Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,372 members, 7,950,776 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) (1261 Views)

An Open Letter To Moms From Kid President / What Do You Give Your Toddlers For Lunch Pack To School / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 17, 2012
I was stuck at home during the strike and discovered channel 186 on DSTv, I love cake boss and Rich bride poor bride but the show Toddlers and tiaras got me sick to my stomach. How do you justify applying so much make up to a child, showing them half naked and d fake eye lashes, nails etc. I saw a 2 week old baby in one of the episodes.
Sad part is that most of the moms are overweight and unkempt. Am I on my own because i dont have a daughter or is it just plain sick to do that to a child?
One of the episodes the child was screaming not wanting to get her eyelashes waxed and the mom held her down, Blood of Christ, As an adult i dont even have my lashes touched, I dont fix fake lids, I keep my make up simple. My neighbor told me its because I dont have a girl and dat if i have a girl I would love to dress her up. Please I have been thinking deeply about this show is it normal? Is it ok to do all that to a 2 year old?
I really wonder how most of those kids would turn out in 10 years, Dont even get me started on how spoilt and rude a lot of the kids are.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 17, 2012
It is not normal. I don't even watch it, watched it once and stopped. I think some of the mothers are using their daughters to live their lives.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by blank(f): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2012
Say whaaaat? Waxing a 2 year old's lashes? Is that not child abuse? Thanks for the head's up, won't watch that show.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
//
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
chaircover:

I watched it for the first time 3 weeks ago and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I had to chase my daughter out of the room so that she won’t start getting ideas.

All I can see is a heap of sad & unfulfilled pushy mothers who want to live their lives though their kids. How can you even attempt to put false eyelashes on a screaming 18 month old baby? . . . .And 2 year olds wriggling their hips on stage in a bikini & blowing kisses at the judges is just sickening.

I definitely won’t be watching it again. Those poor kids have lost their innocence, thanks to their mentally unbalanced mothers.

I agree, I was sick to my stomach watching it but my neighbor loves it hence my concern. Very very sick to see young children being flaunted half naked to the glare of peodopiles. If a Young girl or woman chooses to dress scantily dats her choice but to put a child who has no say in such clothes is horrible.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2012
This generation is too vain. I have watched the show too and its sad.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by ronkebp(f): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
I watched it too and was sick, those kids are just too young for all the nonsense their mothers are putting them through, They do not portray that innocence kids are supposed to have. I have a friend who dresses her daughter in such manner, the girl is 4 and she dresses her with wigs, make-up, blushes and so on, the pathetic part, is her 1 year old son, she wears earrings for him and braids his hair !! tell me what you picture in those kids future?
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by Outstrip(f): 6:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
I will NOT watch any of those shows. This is why I say my children will not do any sleep overs or crap like that. Some of these parents are delusional. When you paint the face of a 3 year old like a cheap sidewalk prostitute and convince her that she is cute and the world revolves around her then don't be suprised when she is 7 years old and has outgrown childhood pageants and no one is around to kiss her ass and she turns her viciousness unto you - the mother who created that monster in the first place. Those children are just simply being damaged by these clueless parents who never achieved anything in their lives but now want to live it through their children.
Re: Toddlers And Tiaras (sicl Moms Or In Thing?) by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
They're prepping the kids for the entertainment business.

A lot of these beauty pagaent contestants you see on tv, actually started quite young at child pagaents like the one being discussed. It takes a lot to get the necessary exposure and connections and thats why the kids sometimes start out as toddlers.
I prefer watching showbiz to participating in it, thus you'd never find me at such places, but i believe the women who groom their kids for things like that, want what's best for them but sometimes the cost is rather high. How do they cope with the toddlers' temperaments and all that.

Dem try. Cant do it.

(1) (Reply)

True Confession: He Met Her On Twitter, Now His Life Is A Complete Mess / Parents Please Beware... / Why Do Pregnant Women Attached Safety Pin(s) To Their Clothes/wears?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.