Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,385 members, 7,891,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! (768 Views)

Christian Brothers & Sisters!!! / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! by ayomifull(f): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2008
Christians Burnt Alive in India; A Crucifixion Parade
Swami Laxmananda  Saraswat was a senior leader in the VHP, a movement  organized in 1964 to organize and preserve the Hindu world from Communism, Islam and Christianity.  In 1992 they demolished the Babri Mosque.  Muslim mobs rioted and over 900 people were killed across the country.  In 2002 there were more riots and some 2000 were killed in what came to be called the  Gujarat violence.  Mobs attacked Christians in December 2007, burning shops and churches forcing 700 Indian Christians to flee.

On August 23, the Swami and four associates were found murdered in their monastery.  The police suspected the Communists Maoists who later took responsibility for the murder.

In a horrifying display of week-long violence in Orissa,  believing the Christians were to blame mobs went on a horrifying rampage of murder and arson, a "religious cleansing" as it were.

26 people killed in week-long violence in Orissa although the real death toll may be as close to 100 as more butchered bodies are found. Some 4000 Christian homes, churches and convents were burned by Hindu fanatics.    One twenty-year old Christian girl Rajini escaped from the flames only to be tied up and thrown back in the fire.

One pregnant woman who refused to denounce her faith in Christ was cut into pieces before her husband and other Christians.

A Catholic nun was burnt alive and another nun was gang-raped by Hindu fundamentalists.

One priest who escaped describes his ordeal
They had poured kerosene on my head, and one held a matchbox in his hands to light the fire. But thanks to divine providence, in the end, they did not do that. Otherwise, I would not have been there to tell this horror,"
--
"They vandalized everything and set it on fire. It has been reduced to ashes," he added.
--

"They began our crucifixion parade," said Father Chellen. The gang of about 50 armed Hindus "beat us up and led us like culprits along the road" to the burned pastoral center.

"There they tore my shirt and started pulling off the clothes of the nun. When I protested, they beat me hard with iron rods. Later, they took the sister inside (and) raped her while they went on kicking and teasing me, forcing (me) to say vulgar words," said the priest who has cuts, bruises and swollen tissue all over his body and stitches on his face.

"Later both of us, half-naked, were taken to the street, and they ordered me to have sex with the nun in public, saying nuns and priests do it. As I refused, they went on beating me and dragged us to the nearby government office. Sadly, a dozen policemen were watching all this," he said.

Angry at his plea to the police for help, the mob beat the bleeding priest again.

Today, there is an almost complete collapse of the police force and the Orissa violence forces  60,000 Christians to take refuge in the forests.

The blog Orissa Burning is keeping witness to the ongoing torture and murder of Christians in Orissa and doing a fine job of keeping us informed.

What is at the bottom of all this outrage against Christians? An Indian archbishop says the Christians' offense is fighting against slavery -
the work that Christians in Orissa are carrying out on behalf of the tribals and the Dalits, at the very bottom of the caste system:

"Before, they were like slaves. Now, some of them study in our schools, start businesses in the villages, demand their rights. And those who – even in the India of the economic boom – want to keep intact the old division into castes are afraid that they will gain too much power. Orissa today is a laboratory. What is at stake is the future of millions of Dalits and tribals living all over the country."

http://www.estatevaults.com/lm/archives/2008/09/
Re: Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! by pilgrim1(f): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hebrews 13:3 - Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

Lord Jesus, even in the most difficult of circumstances,
we can still thank You for mercies.
We continue to lift our hearts to You in this situation
to give strength and succour to our brethren in India
. . . as well in other places where they are located.

We pray also for their persecutors - that their hearts may be turned to You
in times like these, the dire events make one wonder if we can pray for such people
Yes, Lord Jesus, we can pray and indeed lift our hearts on their behalf
that they also may come to Your saving grace.

In Your precious Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Re: Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India! by ayomifull(f): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2008
Thanks pilgrim for being your brother's keeper, please let us remember them in our prayers

(1) (Reply)

Is The Vatican / Athiesm Existed Before Charles Darwin! / Us Visa Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.