Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,271 members, 7,934,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:58 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (128289 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2009
Don't mind Karma. She does not possess a heart. She's been asimilated by the borg. Does anyone watch Star Trek here? I mean, back then? I hope so cuz I'm a fan of Gene Roddenberry. I miss Spikyn cry

People dissing Wall-E should do it quietly cuz if there's anyone who loves Brad Bird more than I do, it's Spikyn. And it's all I can do not to take Wall-E haters into the woods and murder them. Wall-E is a classic. Possibly as good as E.T. Get past the metal parts for pete's sake. How I wish this was a Dreamworks production.

@Max, lucky you love Wall-E. Lassie is a classic film. Probably before you were born, lol. It's about the most beautiful retriever I've ever seen in my entire life. Look it up.

@JeSoul, you're only making me like the bloke less, you know. Thank God for The pursuit of happiness, Ali and I, Robot
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 6:48pm On May 13, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol havent seen it. maybe in 10 years time tongue

is it better than The Incredibles?
  imho . . . NO!  cheesy

vescucci:

People dissing Wall-E should do it quietly cuz if there's anyone who loves Brad Bird more than I do, it's Spikyn. And it's all I can do not to take Wall-E haters into the woods and murder them. Wall-E is a classic. Possibly as good as E.T. Get past the metal parts for pete's sake. How I wish this was a Dreamworks production.

I can't. Robots don't have emotions, that's one of the fundamental truths & principles governing the foundation of the enitre technological universe  smiley  seeing two robots romancing both who look entirely different by the way just doesn't sit well somewhere inside me, it bothered me the whole movie! lol  Nice story but the 'fiction' is too out there for even this x-files enthusiast  cool
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 3:04am On May 14, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

lol havent seen it. maybe in 10 years time tongue

is it better than The Incredibles?
@TOH stop forming, u like wall-e , the incredibles, monsters versus aliens and ashewo to lo mecca grin grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 3:15am On May 14, 2009
Trouble is your middle name abi?
No dey cry when you get am o grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 3:17am On May 14, 2009
FL Gators:

Trouble is your middle name abi?
No dey cry when you get am o grin

Don't mind me , cus i like it shaken but not stirred

Hello baby, i was kissing you all over NL over here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-154710.96.html
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 3:24am On May 14, 2009
Well, you're about to get it Shakened!! tongue

No be me you dey kiss. Babe magnet angry angry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 3:29am On May 14, 2009
FL Gators:

Well, you're about to get it Shakened!! tongue

No be me you dey kiss. Babe magnet angry angry

I am an angel in disguise grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 3:36am On May 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

I am an angel in disguise grin
Hmm hmm, don't we all love to claim so? wink
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 3:42am On May 14, 2009
Some of them (*cough* i mean some of us  grin) are actually Angels, I swear i wasn't the one that caused Janet Jackson's wadrobe malfunction  grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 3:45am On May 14, 2009
rotflmao. I dey go jare. Enjoy the thread wink
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 3:51am On May 14, 2009
FL Gators:

rotflmao. I dey go jare. Enjoy the thread wink

You are leaving me alone in this lonely world\thread, ( where would i be without you )
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 9:01am On May 14, 2009
Una don come here again? angry

@ Max, I started watching that Wall E sometime ago, never got to the end of the first quarter. I like some soppy movies but that one just didn't do it for me. You should see that actress when she smiles, she looks a lot like Jolie. You people should go and look for Dot the I o! angry

Karma, have you seen In Bruges?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 3:45pm On May 14, 2009
Who are these people? angry

Dot The I huh? What's it about?

All you Wall-E haters have grown up too fast. You've lost your ability to be awed. cry
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:27pm On May 14, 2009
I will look for Dot The I. Spikey, since you are very psychotic and wwird, I suggest "Talk To her" for you wink

can the Mods please clean up the offtopic bullshit from yesterday? Thanks.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 12:32pm On May 15, 2009
Vesc, I will return to Wall-E and watch just for you wink. If I'm not awed the Bleep outta my pants eh, I'm coming for you. angry

Dot the I is about a Spanish woman living in London who's about to get married to a rich British wonker. She begins to have doubts after her hen night and all sorts of things start unfolding. . . . it became like a movie within a movie.

Talk to Her? I'd look for it. Me? Psychotic? Lai lai. grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 3:45pm On May 15, 2009
Jeez lady. My mind is so twisted, it borders on perverted. Don't lay it on so thick on a brother. I hope only I know what the hello I'm talking about. Spike, with ur typo, wonker, did you mean worker or self-servicer? After all we're in England. I mean in the film. When you see Wall-E, do so with your kiddie mind. Pretend like there never existed either of the bush men, George Bush and George Bush. There's no war in Sudan, Iraq etc. No fuel scarcity.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On May 15, 2009
spikedcylinder:

@ Max, I started watching that Wall E sometime ago, never got to the end of the first quarter. I like some soppy movies but that one just didn't do it for me.
  lol . . . I know exactly what you mean, I finished the movie on my 3rd attempt  cheesy. After about 15 mins I was like okay . . . next . . . I looked at the total time and it was only about 1.5 hrs and decided to just tough it out. Its a cute movie though but  undecided  sawrry Max & Vesc.

vescucci:

All you Wall-E haters have grown up too fast. You've lost your ability to be awed. cry
lol, no we haven't, we just need to be awed by something that's actually awesome  cool

vescucci:

Jeez lady. My mind is so twisted, it borders on perverted. Don't lay it on so thick on a brother. I hope only I know what the hello I'm talking about. Spike, with ur typo, wonker, did you mean worker or self-servicer? After all we're in England. I mean in the film. When you see Wall-E, do so with your kiddie mind. Pretend like there never existed either of the bush men, George Bush and George Bush. There's no war in Sudan, Iraq etc. No fuel scarcity.

I do that every night brotha, every night. How else can a person sleep? smiley
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:12pm On May 16, 2009
It's a public thread. Anyone can post here, and they're welcome to.

If you don't 'get' WALL-E, your loss. tongue Really. It's beyond awesome. Vesc, you're on the side on Dreamworks? Pixar nvented computer animation, man. Remember how freaky Toy Story was when you saw it for the first time? Notice how both animation houses copy each other? It's a Bug's Life/ Antz. Monsters Inc/Shrek & Aliens vs Monsters (awful). Madagascar/ The Wild (truly awful). Finding Nemo/ Shark Tale, etc. But Pixar is ahead, man. Everything they touch turns to gold. They're amazing.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by tpiah: 5:51pm On May 16, 2009
Wall E's a very good movie though it got a bit predictable towards the middle. But the special effects are great. And that female robot was awesome.

Some of my Nigerian friends/family consider animation a "kiddie" thing? I wonder why.

A lot of animation is far from childish. Most of them are actually quite deep. Egyptian hieroglyophics look like cartoons too.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:13pm On May 16, 2009
tpiah:

Wall E's a very good movie though it got a bit predictable towards the middle. But the special effects are great. And that female robot was awesome.

EVA's lovely. I loved WALL-E himself kiss. So timid and so brave and so lonely and so romantic and so 'typical guy' and so adorable. It was heartbreaking to see him alone on an entire planet, with Michael Crawford's singing to keep him company, and the loneliness and longing in his huge eyes while his hands sought to hold another's. Honestly, Pixar outdid itself with this movie, managing to hint at darker themes while giving the whole thing the magical aura of innocent old romantic movies of the fifties and sixties.

tpiah:

Some of my Nigerian friends/family consider animation a "kiddie" thing? I wonder why.
A lot of animation is far from childish. Most of them are actually quite deep. Egyptian hieroglyophics look like cartoons too.

lol.
WALL-E isn't a kiddie movie.Animation's just another storytelling format na. Tarantino and Oliver Stone sometimes use manga to drive the plot in some of their movies.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:20pm On May 16, 2009
abeg most Naija people consider "sound Of Music" the best movie of all time.

who takes them seriously?

However Im not that big on animation unless it's an adult subject or really entertaining like The Incredibles wink
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by boliatiepa: 6:18am On May 17, 2009
and this vesushi character dey follow me drag film for another thread. Jumanji, Finding Forrester, I Robot  shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry

I dey vex  angry angry angry

But folks, I might not be the most popular member in this parts, but I do implore you, nay, I admonish you, no, I encourage you
to watch ''LET THE RIGHT ONE IN'' by Tomas Alfredson.

Best film of 2008  cool cool cool
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 4:54pm On May 17, 2009
The incredibles isn't a kiddie cartoon. But I haven't come across a PIXAR animated movie that isn't entertaining yet.

boliatiepa:

But folks, I might not be the most popular member in this parts, but I do implore you, nay, I admonish you, no, I encourage you to watch ''LET THE RIGHT ONE IN'' by Tomas Alfredson. Best film of 2008 cool cool cool

Funny.
Who's in it and why's it good?
And Mad Detective; did you mean Singing Detective, the noir thing with Downey Jr and Mel Gibson?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2009
Nay American history X cancels that film out, it's the most intense film i have ever watched.

p.s, I didn't quite see what the fuss was about 7 pounds.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:46pm On May 17, 2009
You don't find anyone making a fuss about it here, do ya?
American History X's the movie with Edward Norton, right? Yeah, I think so. Someone was raving about it to me but I never saw it, which is strange, cos Norton is simply brilliant. The very first movie this guy appeared in, alongside Richard Gere, as an altar boy accused of murdering a priest, earned him an oscar nomination. His first movie! I must remember to see it, if only for his performance. Excellent actor.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:48pm On May 17, 2009
Let The right One In is overrated and not that good. Most I can say is that it's probably better than Twilight although I havent seen that
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 17, 2009
Sound of Music is the best jor. grin grin grin

No movie, except for Anne can beat it.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2009
You don't find anyone making a fuss about it here, do ya?

Oscar did make quite a fuss.It was a piss poor attempt by Will Smith to try to get an oscar.

Talking about Edward Norton,you should see Fight Club, he co-starred with Brad Pitt in the film,Brad was absolutely amazing in the film.how he didn't scoop any award for that performance totally beats me.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 11:30am On May 18, 2009
Owen, you don't know Max at all do ya?

Max, I'm kinda amazed you haven't seen American History X. Kinda the reverse case scenario of Malcolm X. Funny, the X part.

Boliatiepa, at least I ain't sorry for my choices cuz in the end they're MY choices. vescucci can't really be that hard to spell, Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Karma, is Let The Right One In a vampire movie?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2009
@Vescucci, lolz, i've only had 2 posts so far on here,so i can safely say i don't know her.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:14pm On May 18, 2009
vescucci:

Karma, is Let The Right One In a vampire movie?

Yea.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by No2Atheism(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Una don come here again? angry

grin grin grin grin and wat is d rule dat says thou shalt not flirt with Gators grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.