Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,274 members, 7,934,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:03 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (128290 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:06pm On May 18, 2009
*Owen*:

Talking about Edward Norton,you should see Fight Club, he co-starred with Brad Pitt in the film,Brad was absolutely amazing in the film.how he didn't scoop any award for that performance totally beats me.

Owen, it's official. You have great taste in movies!!!!!!! grin grin grin cool
To hear those words from another human being with an excellent pair of eyeballs to point at a screen. Fight Club's a freakin MASTERPIECE. kiss kiss kiss I am Jack's slack-jawed amazement both he and Norton weren't nominated for Best Actor and Best Supporting actor oscars. Both of them were bloody fantastic. Look at Norton's complex,multi-faceted performance. And he makes it look so easy.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 5:39pm On May 18, 2009
Max,
I enjoyed 3:10 to Yuma smiley esp the end where he shoots down his own crew shocked now that's hardcore cheesy

Has anyone seen The Soloist? I need someone to confirm my suspicions that it's superficial sentimental crap. I've read some pretty damning reviews.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:06pm On May 18, 2009
Oh you. How have you been? You like Russell Crowe, don't you? cheesy
Ehn, he shot the guy for killing his friend Christian Bale na. The 'poor' creature must have died confused; after all he'd done to 'rescue' Crowe. Who didn't need rescuing for even a second and went along from the beginning only cos he wanted to. You like The Mask, yeh? Almost all the movies on the comedy nominee list are just as funny, and a few just as insane. Have you seen Kung Fu Hustle?

Haven't seen Soloist. But, you know, there's one way to save yourself movie disappointment:
Select movies that have, over the Oscars 80-year history,been nominated for either Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Foreign Language Film or Best Animated Feature. That's almost 2000 titles already. Life's too short for mediocre movies or books or anything else jare. Why 'settle' when somehting extraordinary is available? Of course, after years on a steady diet of those, you'll become snooty and impossible to please like you-know-who. grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:07pm On May 18, 2009
Havent seen 3:10 yet. Not a fabn of westerns undecided

I like Downey but I cant be bothered by the Soloist. Not a fan of Jamie
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 6:20pm On May 18, 2009
Mad_Max:

Oh you. How have you been? You like Russell Crowe, don't you? cheesy
Ehn, he shot the guy for killing his friend Christian Bale na. The 'poor' creature must have died confused; after all he'd done to 'rescue' Crowe. Who didn't need rescuing for even a second and went along from the beginning only cos he wanted to. You like The Mask, yeh? Almost all the movies on the comedy nominee list are just as funny, and a few just as insane. Have you seen Kung Fu Hustle?

Lol I was thinking the same thing. But then the dude was too slow . . . he saw Crowe very willingly running away without any coercion with batman smiley towards the train, dogding bullets, could he not infer from that and get a hint?    cheesy

btw, I have been fine o jare  kiss

Haven't seen Soloist. But, you know, there's one way to save yourself movie disappointment:
Select movies that have, over the Oscars 80-year history
,been nominated for either Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Foreign Language Film or Best Animated Feature. That's almost 2000 titles already. Life's too short for mediocre movies or books or anything else jare. Why 'settle' when somehting extraordinary is available? Of course, after years on a steady diet of those, you'll become snooty and impossible to please like you-know-who. grin
    lol I hear you sista. Don't worry I won't become snotty like i-dunno-who  cheesy  becos I'll give myself the occasional Norbit and White Chicks to keep myself grounded  cool
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 6:23pm On May 18, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

I like Downey but I cant be bothered by the Soloist. Not a fan of Jamie

A sentiment I share most whole heartedly.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:23pm On May 18, 2009
movie snobs rock jare  cool
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 6:31pm On May 18, 2009
I think you meant to write "movie snobs suck jare" cool . . . they have committed some egregious sins over the years.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:32pm On May 18, 2009
lol I consider myself a film snob in most ways tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 6:42pm On May 18, 2009
Mad Max,

lolzz, i always knew i had a great taste in movies grin grin, reading ur compliment gave me goose pimples knowing that i'm not the only one who saw the sublime performance these guys pulled off in the film.

Edward Norton made insomnia look cool, Brad pitt was simply crazy.

''I am jack's colon,i get cancer i kill jack''.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 6:50pm On May 18, 2009
i saw 3:10 to yuma last night,it was nice but i couldn't spot an individual stellar performance from the actors, except for charlie, Russel Crowe's right hand man in his gang, that guy had a deviously twisted mind,

The writer of the film is top-notch, a very unexpected ending.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:52pm On May 18, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Yeah, westerns are unrepentantly stupid in the main, but not all. If I see anyone I like on the billing, I watch it. I saw the The Quick and The Dead because of the cast, and had sneaky fun. No way am I saying nay to Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, even if it's a Western.

At least they're not as bad as Chinese films. Good lawd. They deliver a killing blow to the 'boss',or stick him full of spears and the guy will take an eternity to die. He'll stagger about and clutch himself and groan mightily and stagger out and go to the market and visit his family and go sight-seeing and build a new house and have a dozen more kids before he finally collapses to the ground, arch, get up, fall down again and finally die.  So annoying.

@Owen
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake"
"Prepare to evacuate soul"
"Self-improvement is masturbation."
"The IKEA nesting instinct."
"You met me at a very strange time in my life."

That movie is so terrific on so many levels, I can't even begin to say. Great directing,great script, great cine, great editing, great sound, fantastic acting. After I picked my jaw from the ground at that surprise ending, I sat there and saw the whole thing all over again, and then appreciated just how clever the movie really was.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2009
@Mad max,

''self improvemement is masturbation,now self-destruction''
''we are all consumers,a by-product of a lifestyle obssession''
''it's only after we've lost everything that we are free to do anything''.

Grandly stylish movie!!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 12:36pm On May 20, 2009
Yeah. Seen anything good lately?
Trying to find time to see Dances With Wolves, though a friend rubbished it. I want to see what stole the Oscar from, I think, Goodfellas.

@JS
What are Jamie Foxx's sins?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:02pm On May 20, 2009
Mad_Max:

@JS
What are Jamie Foxx's sins?

How much cyber-space do we have? grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:06pm On May 20, 2009
His sin is that he's merely a comedian and didnt deserve his Ray win.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:16pm On May 20, 2009
and he's not even a very good comedian at that  tongue  He's always saying something nasty or sexual or inapporpriate. I'm usually indifferent to most actors, but he just disgusts me, he and Jack Nicholson - 2 people I cannot stand.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:17pm On May 20, 2009
The hell? What did Jack Nicholason ever do to you? sad
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:20pm On May 20, 2009
One look at his evil face and it speaks volumes.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:27pm On May 20, 2009
Lol why else do you think he was picked to play the first Joker

I like him jare. One Flew Over the cuckoo's nest and Chinatown are classics
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:37pm On May 20, 2009
lol . . . I've never liked him. That face is beyond a turn off, its a shut down. and those dark black-out shades he wears permanently only serves to enhance my aversion and fortify my suspicions - the dude is evil  cool

I haven't seen those movies, and I probably won't  smiley. Most recently I forced myself to stomach him in The Departed.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:43pm On May 20, 2009
You really should watch Chinatown

Least Jack looks evil, Eddie Murphy IS evil for making terrible movies tongue
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 3:50pm On May 20, 2009
I agree, Nicholson does have a sinister looking face. In The Little Shop of Horrors, he looked like ode sha.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by JeSoul(f): 3:53pm On May 20, 2009
lol I know cheesy Eddie Murphy has committed some unpardonable sins.

spikedcylinder:

I agree, Nicholson does have a sinister looking face. In The Little Shop of Horrors, he looked like ode sha.
grin Lol now I won't mind seeing that.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 3:59pm On May 20, 2009
LOL! It's an oldie, he wasn't the main actor but it didn't stop him from looking silly. I guess he was still developing his sinister face then and it didn't quite fit. cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2009
Lol,so now Jamie Foxx is going to play the role of Frank Sinatra in a movie just like he did in Ray?correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Frank Sinatra white? does jamie foxx have green eyes? cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by tpiah: 12:00am On May 21, 2009
*Owen*:

Lol,so now Jamie Foxx is going to play the role of Frank Sinatra in a movie just like he did in Ray?correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Frank Sinatra white? does jamie foxx have green eyes? cheesy

Frank Sinatra is ol' blue eyes.

But nothing a little makeup and contact lens cant fix.

Though I also wonder why Jamie Foxx got the role?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:21am On May 21, 2009
um what are you people talking about
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 9:06am On May 21, 2009
@tpia,oh yeah i meant to say blue eyes.

@thiefofhearts,Jamie Foxx who is a black man is about to play the role of a white American singer/actor Frank Sinatra.
Altho i think Justin Timberlake,George clooney or Di Caprio shoulda gotten the role,i'm eager to see how a black man would act in a white man's skin.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by spikedcylinder: 11:15am On May 21, 2009
*Owen*:

Altho i think Justin Timberlake,George clooney or Di Caprio shoulda gotten the role,i'm eager to see how a black man would act in a white man's skin.

Are you joking?!?!?!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Owen2(m): 12:55pm On May 21, 2009
Yes i am grin grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:45pm On May 21, 2009
Can I get links stating that Jamie is being considered in a Sinatra movie

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.