Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,822 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice (1759 Views)

Pictures : A True Love Story! Another Surprise Proposal (lovers From Age 16) / I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / Genuine Advice Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
There was this guy (a senior friend), whom i meet at my place of work. He told me that he wants me to marry his cousine sister. I took it to be joke but i never new he really meant what he was saying. Today he gave me her phone number & email address & promised to bring me her pictures when next he travels. He went to the extent of giving me her residential addresses in two states, where she is based, while i am in another different state entirely.
Note that i have never seen nor meet this girl before.
I am confused & despirately in need of a true & genuine advice.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by jaybee3(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2008
confused about what?
You haven't even met the girl. You don't know if you will get along with the girl
Why is she being pimped by the cousin?
Why the talk of "MARRIAGE" for starters

Get to know the girl first without any promise of relationship or commitment
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sistawoman: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2008
is this girl desprate to be married? Does she live in Nigeria or someplace else?
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
i don't know if she is despirate to get married. but my friend told me that she is presently in Kano State doing her NYSC.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by soulamanne(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2008
there isnt anytin to be confused about here.meet the babe and who knows u might rhyme.enjoy the moment but dont rush things and dont try to do ur friend a favor if u dont feel the babe
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ solamanne
Thanks 4ur advice a quite appreciate that. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
Now I'm confused undecided How are we supposed to advise you over something like that?? Any reasonable human being will say no if he's not interested and make a move to meet the girl if he is.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Ezinwannem: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2008
There is sumthing called "match making" which also implies dat u can deny not 2 have anything 2 do with the gurl. Meet the lady in question, get answers 2 wat u wanna know and observe her, good luck
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by StephenP(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2008
sas2chat4:

There was this guy (a senior friend), whom i meet at my place of work. He told me that[b] he wants me to marry his cousine sister[/b]. I took it to be joke but i never new he really meant what he was saying. Today he gave me her phone number & email address & promised to bring me her pictures when next he travels. He went to the extent of giving me her residential addresses in two states, where she is based, while i am in another different state entirely.
Note that i have never seen nor meet this girl before.
I am confused & despirately in need of a true & genuine advice.

He wants you to marry his cousin's sister? Isn't she also his cousin?

1 Like

Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2008
@steven p
to be honest & sincere with you, it's not what you thougt. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ojujoan
thanks
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by topup: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
It really does sound like a joke to me - but it isn't. Right?

Just try the nice and stern approach.

"I have no interest in getting married to your sister." - then give reasons.

If you would like to get to know his sister or think there is a possiblity you might get together i.e. you're looking for a wife, then tell him;

"I can not get married to someone I don't know. I would like to get to know her first."

Some people are strange like that, if you go along, he may even tell his family back home and his sister that the arrangements have been made and plans are underway for the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by StephenP(m): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2008
sas2chat4:

@steven p
to be honest & sincere with you, it's not what you thougt. smiley

Because seriously though, that's the best you could come up with? Cousin's sister? You probably should have thought through the story before posting this. wink
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Ezinwannem: 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
hmmm why "my cuzzin's sister?", why didnt he just say his cousin?
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by gabelogan(m): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2008
Ezinwannem:

wetin u expect, na ibo now!! na so they dey call am
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2008
hmmm, i don't see the reason your getting all bothered. you not met her yet, you don't know if she could be that special one  wink, but just get to meet her first and know her. do not allow anyone force anything on you. what ever decision you make should be based on your own instincts and feelings.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by omega25red(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ poster i guess the information you didn't tell us what you told this guy to make him think tht you are ready for marriage.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by topup: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2008
Ezinwannem:

Because it's not his cousin. He said the friend's cousin's sister. So the friend's cousin.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Ezinwannem: 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2008
@topup , not, he said "his cousin's sista", lol, read it well

@gabe_logan , wat do u mean itz da way igbo's say it? abeg stop ehhhhh,
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by gabelogan(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2008
Ezinwannem:

@gabe_logan , what do u mean itz da way igbo's say it? abeg stop ehhhhh,

u know sey na true i talk!!
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Joseph6(m): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2008
haaah u're in trouble, 4 someone 2 recommend his cousin, its either she's been thru alot of fcukin relationships and u're a nice guy or she's an insecure virgin dat can't make the first move no matter or its not that hard 2 imagine she's vunerable 2 sumtin [size=4pt]maybe she's a sickler[/size]
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by arramyjay: 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ poster
Dont be confused meet her first oh sorry you have met her b4,but probably get close to her if you like her enough to marry her then do so,but dont let any body force you into marrying her.let it be your choice.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by iice(f): 1:43am On Sep 20, 2008
Duhhhh
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by topup: 2:24am On Sep 20, 2008
Ezinwannem:

@topup , not, he said "his cousin's sista", lol, read it well

"He told me that he wants me to marry his cousine sister."

He (the friend of this guy), told him, that he (the friend) wants this guy to marry his (the friend's) cousin's sister.
If he meant his cousin, he would have said; He told me that he wants me to marry my cousin's sister, which would mean his (this guy's) cousin. I did read it well, now you read it again.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by Joseph6(m): 3:01am On Sep 20, 2008
u guys sure have a way of confusin each oda he meant sista asin female and not sister asin anoda person entirely
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2008
@ jay bee
Thanks alot
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2008
@ topup
i quite appreciate your nice & kind advice.
But topup do you kow that i never discussed anything like marriage or relationship with this guy?
I was very surprised at him bringing it up, that was why i took it to be a joke. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2008
StephenP:

Because seriously though, that's the best you could come up with? Cousin's sister? You probably should have thought through the story before posting this. wink

Thanks alot, i quite appreciate that. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2008
@Ezinwannem
Emenla Chukwu goziegi. Thanks, God bless you. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2008
gabe_logan:

wetin u expect, na ibo now!! na so they dey call am

Thanks alot, i quite appreciate your nice & kind contribution to this discussion. smiley
For your information, i'am not an Ibgo by tribe, i only try to quote the guy the way he said it to give a much more clarification to my story & the readers. smiley
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by sas2chat4(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2008
@ All
To all that have contributed nicely, wisely and very kindly, i quite appreciate you all, i believe these will help go a long way in making my decisions. Thanks & God bless you a million times.
Re: Confused & Despirately In Need Of A True & Genuine Advice by timbabng(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2008
hmmm omo naija! As if your mind wasnt already made wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Your Husband Top This / Please Help My Relationship Now / Ogochukwu Onuchukwu - The True Story: Visit Www.ogorip.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.