Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:59 PM

The Future Awards: what do you guys think? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Future Awards: what do you guys think? (1535 Views)

What Do You Guys Think About This Ghana Police Email ( Photo ) / Letter To The Future(yr 2,999) Drop your 'I Was Here' msgs to the Future NLndrs / Guys think i'm a B***** WHY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by Curious200: 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2008
Season 4 of The Future Awards kicks off!

Na wa o, this event seems it has really come to stay. They will soon start calling for nominations to the different categories. What do you guys think? Anyone ever heard about it?
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by onyxgirl(f): 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2008
whats up with it cheesy
cry kiss undecided lipsrsealed tongue cool shocked sad angry grin
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by trhymes(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
undecided
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by Curious200: 2:25am On Oct 02, 2008
Nominations have started on: www.thefuturenigeria.com

Its for those between 18 and 31 who have distinguished themselves in different fields!
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by Curious200: 2:34am On Oct 02, 2008
- Categories finally expanded from 15 to 20
- Fantastic performances by Omawumi, Rooftop MCs and MI
- Prof (Mrs) Jadesola Akande honoured

You would be forgiven if you thought you were at any of the major Nigerian awards; not just a launch. There was glam, there was glitz, and there was a blinding array of stars as Season 4 of Nigeria’s biggest youth event, The Future, Awards, was launched in Lagos on the 30th of September.

The venue was rave new place, Studio 868 in Victoria Island and the action started right from the exclusive Nigezie green carpet as cameras clicked away and guests sipped from their cocktail glasses.

The guests were welcomed into the venue by the anchors, Cool FM’s Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi and ace comedian, Jedidiah. Then the show kicked off with comedy and a performance by rave new guitarist, Bez Idakula. This was followed by a special post-humous tribute given by Prof. Pat Utomi in honour of late Board of Trustees member, Prof Jadesola Akande – the award was presented to her son, Debo, by Ms. Bennie Uche.

What followed was a very moving Keynote Speech delivered by the event’s Creative Director, Chude Jideonwo. The, speech, titled ‘Yes We Can’ and which won standing and thunderous clapping ovations traced the story and evolution of The Future Awards over the past three successful years and tied it to the story of this next generation. “In business and technology, music, movies and the media, fashion and beauty, sports and advocacy, comedy and the corporate environment, young people were making such giant strides,” he said, “Why wasn’t the media talking about those ones? Why wasn’t the government trumpeting those examples? Why wasn’t the true story being told that young positive role models were actually in the majority?”

The event saw spectacular performances by Omawumi of Idols West Africa, whose new single, In the Music, got the guests screaming and swaying; ace rapper MI, who ‘set the roof on fire’, and the Rooftop MCs who took it to another level with their mega-hit track, La gi mo.

Unveiled at the occasion during a presentation by the event’s PR Director, Emilia Asim-Ita, were the new logo and the new website. Also unveiled was the ‘i am the future’ campaign which is the theme of the entire media campaign for the awards – TV, radio, print and outdoor; working with brand ambassadors; Gbenga Sesan, IK Osakioduwa (Wildchild) and Tara Fela-Durotoye, who are the only three people to have won twice at The Future Awards.

Nominations were also formally declared open as from 12 midnight on that day: the awards have been expanded from 15 over the past three years to 20, and the judges were unveiled to include Mo Abudu (Moments with Mo), Bolanle Austen-Peters (Terra Kulture), Siene Allwell-Brown (Nigeria LNG), with Dr. Reuben Abati remaining its Chair.

Guests at the star-studded party included Stella Damascus, Michelle Dede, Tara Fela-Durotoye, Bukola Adubi, Toni Kan, Ebuka Obi Uchendu, Funke Bucknor, Uche Nnaji, Soundcity’s Onyinye Igwe, the winners of Nigeria’s Next Top Model with the organizer Joan Okorodudu, NOble Igwe, Big Brother’s Ofunneka, Najite Dede, amongst others.

The train now moves to the national tours, which will take the Awards team to town hall meetings in Abuja, Kaduna, Enugu, Ibadan, Benin and Lagos to engage the youths at the grassroots.

Nominations are to be submitted via the website and by phone and close on the 31st of October. The date of the Awards proper was also unveiled to be the 18th of January, 2009, in Lagos.

This launch event was held with support from Macleans, Yvent Couture, Zapphaire Events, Nigezie, Total Consult, O’Naphtali, Royal Mega Printing, Wea Concepts, Tremor Perfect, Saheeto, La Bash, and Nigeria International.
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by ajilore1: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2009
I learnt about this initiative on facebook. I believe in it and in the initiators. It's time for Nigerian youths to be known for better things than scamming.
I'll sure be there if I am in the country by then.
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by paula1(m): 12:48am On Jan 11, 2009
The future awards started some years back but has grown momentum year after year,it has encouraged the young to try and make a difference in thier field of endeavour.I particulary would like some day 2 be a receipent of this award.Paul alfred
Re: The Future Awards: what do you guys think? by djcrucifix(m): 1:11am On Jan 13, 2009
I think it's a good initiative. An award that recognises young people is very dope. 10 thumbs up to the organisers grin wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Funmi De Ogbanje / A Victim Of Home Office's Operation Swale Or His Skin Colour? / Abuja Guys How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.