Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,095 members, 7,880,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (505679 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:36pm On Mar 14, 2008
Can y'all just stop all the nonsense abt set-ups, conspiracies, politricks et al. . . . . . There's only 8 teams left, 4 a pot. . . . . . Do the perm, ain't a world of options 2 pick 4rm abi

Plus no chance in hell they was ever g'onna seed all 4 EPL teams, maka why

Don't think L'pool, Arsnl & Chlski should be complaining much. Afterall, they ain't playing the BIG, BAD BARCA anytime soon!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2008
Can y'all just stop all the nonsense abt set-ups, conspiracies, politricks et al. . . . . . There's only 8 teams left, 4 a pot. . . . . . Do the perm, ain't a world of options 2 pick 4rm abi

Don't think L'pool, Arsnl & Chlski should be complaining much. Afterall, they ain't playing the BIG, BAD BARCA anytime soon!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:38pm On Mar 14, 2008

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ RuuDie,

I don't rate Barca that much. They seem a bit on the average
to me. Even the runaway leaders in Spain, Real looks average
to me.

Any of those teams you mentioned should do Barca anyday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

I concur,mate!!!!!
Barca is PANTS these days.
United should run Barca down if we meet em. . . . They have no defence and the goalie is suspect.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2008
@ chacal,

Was at the Gold cup when I heard about the draws. The
talks about fixing is a bit worrisome.

It's easy to dismiss it with a wave of hand but if you hear
how strong the rumours were at Cheltenham, you just have
to think again.

We heard about it in the morning. I wouldnt have bothered
if I'd heard it on the streets. . . but at Chelteham?

You know that place is currently a congregation of betting
companies.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2008
I know Cheltenham . . . .
Punters are everywhere and they bet over anything bettable.
1st yellow card, 1st corner kick, 1st red card.
I heard Denham won the horse race and dethroned Kauto Star. def'ly

The draws were def'ly fixed.
How did it filter out that Gaynners would meet em Scousers.
Its fuckery. . . . UEFA should come out and tell us the truth.
Are u going to pride park to watch Derby V Man Utd?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 12:13am On Mar 15, 2008
Chacal:

I heard Denham won the horse race and dethroned Kauto Star. def'ly

I lost money on Kauto Star angry . . . I was warned but I trusted
the horse.

Chacal:

Are u going to pride park to watch Derby V Man Utd?

Been to only one away game EVER! That was at Villa park. I
won a free ticket at bet365.com

They don't sell away tickets at the http://manutd.viagogo.com
or do they?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2008
@Chacal and Akin Alabi

How on earth do they do fix all these shits? Its not as if it bothers me. .
i donty give too f'cuks so far we are gonna win this years UCL

Let them fix another semi against Arsenal and i'll be so glad.

Bring them on,
United for Moscow!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2008
tkb417
we'll surely override Roma, yet again. . .
The game I'm waiting to see is United against Barca. . .That would be the game to see. .

Good thing is, if United can get past Roma nd Barca, we'll be meeting an English team in the final. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2008
grin grin Well.Glad to see your beloved Razorr's back,and its obvious she and Cassiel aren't the same.
@loyika
Guess your 2 questions are no longer necessary grin Wonder what they would've been tho Anyway,its history now.As for hearing a peep out of you or not,whatever makes you sleep at night dearie.
@J-K
I agree.United-Barca will be something.I don't think Barca should be under-estimated the way some people seem to be doing,really.

ROMA - ONES TO WATCH

20 SIMONE PERROTTA
Position Midfielder Age 30 Nationality Italian
The Ashton-under-Lyne-born playmaker’s presence are integral to Luciano Spalletti’s style and tactics. His pinball-like box-to-box abilities make him a shoe-in for Roma’s most important games. Primarily an attacking midfielder linking the central players with the front men, he also assists in defence. The importance of his ability to break up play was felt acutely by the Italian side during last season’s 7-1 mauling at OT, which he missed due to suspension.

5 PHILIPPE MEXES
Position Defender Age 25 Nationality French
The linchpin of the back line, Mexes is widely regarded as one of the best defenders in Serie A. His biggest asset is his passion but it often gets him into trouble with referees. Mexes’ strength make him a tough and uncompromising, while his telepathic anticipation allows him to break up opposition attacks. If he lives up to his billing, the United strikers are in for a testing time.

30 MANCINI
Position Winger Age 27 Nationality Brazilian
Roma's equivalent of Cristiano Ronaldo, Mancini is, like the United winger, quick, skilful and with an eye for goal. Critics accuse him of inconsistency, but such is his influence that as long as he’s fit he should start. The Brazilian can operate on either flank as well as up front and, if he is in the right mood, is sure to cause problems. He scored against the Reds in the 1-1 Group F match in Rome this season.
14 LUDOVIC GIULY
Position Midfielder Age 31 Nationality French
Good friends with Patrice Evra from their time together at Monaco, when Giuly arrived at Stadio Olimpico from Barcelona it was widely believed he would play the role of winger. But in Perrotta’s absence due to injury during pre-season, the Frenchman adopted a more central role. When Perrotta recovered, Giuly reverted to his more customary role on the flank. A small and nimble player, he possesses exceptional pace that will test United's full-backs. He can also operate up front as an emergency striker when required.

10 FRANCESCO TOTTI
Position Forward Age 31 Nationality Italian
Talisman, captain and Roma fans' hero, Francesco Totti is widely regarded as one of the most talented players of recent years. A creative, deep-lying striker, Totti is dangerous from set-pieces, possesses the ability to unlock defences with an incisive pass, and is also a significant goalscoring threat. He is yet to register in four games against the Reds. But even after 15 years in the game, his appetite for goal shows no sign of waning. He ended last season as Serie A's top scorer with 26 goals and is a major threat.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Akinalabi,

Now i know why u are broke. . . . .
How can u stake on Kauto Star?? grin grin grin grin
He won last year cos he was pumped with drugs. tongue tongue

Have u seen Fergie's team list?
No Tevez, Ferdinand and Nani.
Can we put 6 against Derby with this team?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2008
Fergie obviously doesn't think much of Derby.I hope that doesn't backfire,lol.Anyway,they know how important 3 points are today,so they had better win.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2008
Derby is being tenacious so far. . . .what a save by foster!! shocked

that is the best chance of the half so far, falling to Derby. . .y'all might win. . .ANOTHER SAVE BY FOSTER shocked

Daang, that should've gone in. Like I was saying, y'all may win but not by 6 here.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2008
I'm not watching,but my online commentator gives me the impression that Fergie may have mis-calculated this time undecided
We ought to have scored a long time ago. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2008
Our forward position is too congested.

I was expecting a fair squad today but Sir Alex decided to put all the key players on the field.

Ronaldo

Anderson

Giggs

Suppose to be the substitute in the second half.

Right now we are having the same problem Real Madrid were having in the past.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2008
RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOAL 22.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2008
I am happy but we need additional goals.

Because Derby have a success of long distance goals in the past.

If we don't want our dream dashed we'd better score more goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2008
Ronaldo saves the day. Guess he is our Torres afterall,lol grin grin
But Fergie's choices today are quite messed up.What was the man thinking? angry
@nazzyon
No long-distance luck for Derby today.We're winning this. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2008
Ronaldo now has 31 goals, right?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2008
@nazzyon
Yeah,its his 31st goal of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2008
Cassiel:

@nazzyon
No long-distance luck for Derby today.We're winning this. grin

I will be glad if we win today's match but I am still looking forward to goal aggregate.

'Cos that may be the only thing deciding the winner this season.

I am talking about overall goals in every league season 07/08
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2008
@nazzyon
I agree with you,afterall Chelsea's win today makes the title race hotter.But with this weird team Fergie put up today,let's just take our 1- 0 and get out of Pride Park.Its still 3-points,and that's good enough for me.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2008
Most people may not agree with me on this but this will not be right against Roma.

Truly, we have more scoring chances but we have to know that chances don't count like results.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 6:05pm On Mar 15, 2008
Come on,we're not gonna play like this against Roma.Fergie should've learned his lesson today,he surely won't mess with the original squad come April 2nd.
As in,its still annoying me that Tevez,Nani,Rio were all absent.Anyway,we just barely got away with 3-points in and that's what counts i guess.I wonder how Arsenal's gonna fare today. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2008
O-kay.Fair game,but at least we won.I'm out.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

Negative!!!

No 2 matches are the same. . . . . .We won 1-0 against Derby at Pride Park.
I will take that result and forget about the details. . . . . .3 points is the name of the game.
It's going to be a different kizzack when we play ROMA.

I think Fergie kept an eye on the Bolton game on Wed.
It's imperative we get maximum points against Bolton and move 1 point ahead of GAYnners(if they win today).
Ronaldo rescued Ferguson again today. . . . . How many times has he done that this season alone?

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2008
Ironically, this game was my most important game of the season!!!

What If Derby had stung us like Wolverhampton Wanderers did 3 seasons ago.

It was just like this, Wolves were the bottom of the pack, and a win for us would have pressurised chelski but they won by a lone goal and the rest is history.

Last 2 seasons or so at Sunderland (bottom of the pack again), United fluttered and stuttered. A win over sunderland woulda close our gap with Chelsea to 3points or so.

But the points we dropped at those places signified a end to out title chase in those 2 consecutive seasons.

Those games are one of those United games, that i can never fotget.

Todays game was ringing in my head like Deja Vu. Infact something told me that if we dropped points today, United may have kiss the title chase over and thats simply because United drawing or loosing today against a dead Derby county is the ONLY impetus Arsenal needs to launch and throttle themselves to the Premiership summit.

Am happy because we salvaged our season on the back of THIS game against a team who had nothing to fight for. Derby's plot to act as a spoiler failed and we need to question ourselves if Paul Jewell is Arsene Wenger's brother from another mother because Derby were ready to give us a showdown. Alas, thanks to Ben Foster!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

U took those words outta ma mouth!!!!!!
Fergie seems to always play in the hands of bottom teams.
I will never forget the game against Sunderland at OT. . . a win for us on the night could have moved us to 3 points BEHIND Chelsea.
Rooney, Ronaldo and Ruud all misfired on the day. . . . . That was the day we lost the PREM.

Fergie is starting to tinker like Ranieri. . . . .
This is one of the disadvantages of having a FULL-STRENGTH squad. . . . . The gaffer makes outrageous changes and it's fuckery.
I think Fergie was keeping an eye on the game AGAINST Bolton on wednesday before meeting the Scousers on Sunday.
It's squeaky bum time but i think Giggsy should declare himself UNFIT . . . . He should only come in after 90 mins when we are 4 goals up. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2008
Didn't see the game. Monitored it on Jeff's soccer
saturday. Glad we won.

When Fergie plays continental teams, he gives too much
respect. When he plays lowly placed premier league teams,
he underrates. undecided

We're now on top with all teams playing the same number
of matches. Chelsea are only 3 points behind us and 2 behind
Arsenal. I fear them now more than Arsenal despite the fact
that I ruled them out when Jose nearly sunk the team.

. . . Kauto Star was still the favourite although it was obvious
that Denman was coming up strongly.

If the jockey (Ruby Walsh) had ridden Denman (he rides both
horses), I would have gone for Denman. sad

And yes. . . I'm broke. . . And I still have 2 weeks to go. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2008
Yo son, i used to think you was crazy for dissing Giggs, but i defnitely agree with Ya. Giggs need to be a Permanent sub just like Ole Solksjaer.
Giggsy is just a shdow of himself, well Fergie can still squeeze one more season from the veteran!! Whatchya think?

Prior to the United vs Sunderland game 2 seasons ago, Do you know Jose Mourinho confessed that he thought United was gonna damage sunderland and he lived in fear due to the resurgence we mounted in the last quarter of the season. As we lost points against Sunderland, Maureen said he knew the season was over for us!!!!. He expected a minimum of 3-0, but 'em boyz misfired that day. Games like todays game defines a team's season.

Remeber last season's game against fulham? Fulham did all the playing ( funny enuff) while C. Ronaldo's lone goal was a decider in our quest last season. I cant forget that sprint from the midfield before the geezer struck the goal at the death at Craven cottage.

Boy, Im glad we nicked that solitary goal today. We'e got to be prepared for 'em bottom league teams. This is the stage of the season when they show sudden seriousness and commitiment in staying up in the premier league!!!.

if Derby played averagely like this every other league game, they wouldn't be heading to the Coca-Cola championship.

You watching the Arsenal-Boro game. "em Assnal boyz are carving up Boro anyhow but they cant just put the ball in the net, well thats my joy and i hope the game should remain

Jeez, ali just scored for Boro
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

This is the kinda game that defines a season.
It was just like Jose's game against Blackburn in his 1st season.
Chelsea won the game eventually. . . . . I think 1-0 and the way they celebrated that victory told everyone they meant business.
Games like that are the defining moment of any season.

Fergie should know better. . . . . If we don't have our 1st choice back 4. . . We should at least have our 1st choice midfielders.
How are we expected to cope with Brown/O'Shea AND Giggsy/Scholesy at the same time?
Its like 2 different cracks in a foundation. . . . . It's not SOLID enough at all.
Either one of the pair will do BUT NEVER all of em in the same team. . . . .It can be CATASTROPHIC.

@ Akinalabi,

Don't despair.
Gimme ur bank details. . . .Halifax, NatWest or RBOS. grin grin grin
I am feeling charitable today. . . . .although its subjected to Arsenal's loss. . . cheesy wink
If the GAYnners lose tonight then i will proceed with the transaction. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.