Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,433 members, 7,917,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:42 AM

Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! (13900 Views)

Who Is The Most Reputed/trusted Auto Dealer On Nairaland? / Is Triple A A Commendable Dealer On Nairaland Autos Forum / KNOW YOUR AUTO DEALER/SELLER ( Contact Details ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Jodesky(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2008
Jodesky:

Am disturbed the way this bickering is being escalated by the hour. And its down to egoism on the part of the main actors and the perpering by self-appointed mediators who are not only partial but downright partisan. In the midst of the junk, we can easily pick out a few sane and impressive contributions from guys like Viperman, Siena, Akuya, klan , and a few others.
I am not a car dealer but I'm an auto-freak and I know one does not even have to be in auto biz to contribute to this raging dispute. There are clear and cogent allegations against Inspired which have not been fully addressed but I venture to say he has done fairly well (though he sounds more of a typical Nigerian politician) . It is obvious that Inspired may not have been totally altruistic in some of his dealings in the past and Yahoo may have also collaborated with him when the going was good, so I doubt if we may ever get to the root of this matter ever. Its a matter of us searching for the biggest scammer among a bunch of scammers as it will do us no good.  
But in the overall interest of Nairaland and the credible dealers on this site, we should let this matter die, moreso as Yahoo has volunteered to ceasefire.
Inspired should take heed and stop defending or grandstanding, to stem the tide of negative testimonies flying in from unlikely quarters. Let them forgive one another, concentrate on their businesses and use this event as a moral teaching to stay clean from controversies in the future.

We need to move forward please.

@Landers,
I said it. Now its escalating again. The mechanic asked for 50k TO CERTIFY THE CAR as fit, but Inspired offered 15k to CERTIFY the car.
I know middle men take cuts for introducing buyers in car deals but Inspired is rather admitting here that he offered 15k to enable the mechanic CERTIFY the car.
Are we missing something here?
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by laydub: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2008
this is the link

http:/www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-158762.32.html#msg2648336
you can check it out
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by kuntash: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2008
Where is the site Administrator? , Almost 10 pages
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by showbobo(m): 9:54am On Sep 26, 2008
NA YOU KNOW WETIN YOU DEY MISS,JOBLESS PERVERT. angry angry angry
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by chikeze(m): 11:14am On Sep 26, 2008
INSPIRED_MEN i will advice that you remain silent about all these issues. alot of haters on these forum wont let you be as long as you keep replying. the question is how many car dealers out there are honest enough for you to vouch for them?today its INSPIRED_MEN tomorrow who's next?
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Jodesky(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2008
showbobo:

NA YOU KNOW WETIN YOU DEY MISS,JOBLESS PERVERT. angry angry angry

showbobo,

Am certainly not in your class. You belong to dregs of the society as depicted by your choice of words. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would understand clearly the issues I have raised. I dont belong belong to either of the divide but certain questions keep begging for answers.
I have earlier advised your client to sheath his sword but he wont let go. You sound so cheap and uncivilised that I wont spare one more minute of my valuable attending to your irrational vituperations again. Its easy to tell when you see the handiwork of people brought up in the gutter and who have refused to clean up.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by samboribo(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2008
i guess the VINs' won't be coming in after all.

those of you in naija, happy 6-day break, y'all!!!
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by adechuks(m): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2008
The guy just simply amazes me. Walahi !
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by ziontrain: 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2008
@Pennywise, I just want to make a contribution regarding your second point about VIN number as I have chosen to leave Inspired alone.

How are you supposed to do due diligence and proper assessment on a vehicle you want to purchase if you don't have the VIN number? How are you supposed to know if vehicle was stolen or flooded? Give me one legitimate reason why it is a bad idea to provide VIN number UPFRONT.

I agree VIN number does not mean vehicle will run smoothly but at least it will give you the history. That to me is of paramount importance. I am sorry but I humbly submit to you that your argument is standing on a very weak foundation.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Godalone(m): 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2008
Pennywise:

Amazing. Ten straight pages of roforofo. This is a truly archival material. People calling on Seun to remove this thread should desist from doing so because it is against public interest and the public good and therefore its removal maybe actionable in the courts.

Inspired men, someone who Yahoo tells us was 'Inspired to de-fraud' in his attempt to defend himself has proven to be his own worst enemy as expected. This young man easily comes across as being pompous, very rude and arrogant, boisterous among other adjectives every used car salesman should abhor. From my calculation he is less than 10 years post graduation (degree has been called to question). He has boasted about everything from his master's degree (on a different thread), his security guards and maids (would like to know how many),drivers, cook and many other things most people will consider offensive on a public forum. He even brags about his use of other fora. angry You are a trader you have no choice but show some humility.

By the way, shouldnt Inspired be sanctioned for reposting a prepared statement again and again. Isnt that against the rules on Nairaland? Now in order to prove his point he calls for feedback from people he has had dealings with in the past and reluctantly a lady relates her experience. Now what does he do he unmasks this person and tries to ridicule her and her driver in a public forum. Why do I think this matter is not going to end here? Young man (from another young man), you have to calm down. Do the right thing and withdraw her name.

WRT VIN number I don't see the point in making this compulsory whatsoever and no one has the right to blackmail the site administrator into doing so. If you think it will give your own business an edge, then make it a constant. VIN is not a guranttee that a used car will perform or not. People should stop singing with VIN.If you are buying a used car, carry out a proper assessment b/4 you part with ur money.

I am not buying a car any time soon. It doesnt stop me from talking to Inspired if I need to. But tone it down my guy and you will be more successful at what you do.
Vin number is compulsory man.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Pennywise(m): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2008
ziontrain:

@Pennywise, I just want to make a contribution regarding your second point about VIN number as I have chosen to leave Inspired alone.

How are you supposed to do due diligence and proper assessment on a vehicle you want to purchase if you don't have the VIN number? How are you supposed to know if vehicle was stolen or flooded? Give me one legitimate reason why it is a bad idea to provide VIN number UPFRONT.

I agree VIN number does not mean vehicle will run smoothly but at least it will give you the history. That to me is of paramount importance. I am sorry but I humbly submit to you that your argument is standing on a very weak foundation.

Hey!Weak foundation, strong foundation, a used car is what it is. I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. I believe I speak the minds of most Nigerians when I say I don't care a lot if a car was stolen in America and the border patrols are stupid enough to let it get out.Since I innocently purchased the vehicle I will test the law on this one and seek punitive damages for any inconvenience. But if you try to sell me one that was stolen here in Nigeria I will set you up and make sure you pay a price.Car fax doesnt help me with this.

In buying a used car from the internet, those of you in the business know that a number of things add up to give the car value. VIN declaration should be seen as one of those positive values a dealer avails prospective client. Again it does not give guarrantee. A used car is what it is. It should be optional. If you want to stand out as a dealer make all your listings have VIN.It shouldnt be made compulsory!
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Godalone(m): 5:13pm On Sep 26, 2008
Pennywise:

Hey!Weak foundation, strong foundation, a used car is what it is. I am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. I believe I speak the minds of most Nigerians when I say I don't care a lot if a car was stolen in America and the border patrols are stupid enough to let it get out.Since I innocently purchased the vehicle I will test the law on this one and seek punitive damages for any inconvenience. But if you try to sell me one that was stolen here in Nigeria I will set you up and make sure you pay a price.Car fax doesnt help me with this.

In buying a used car from the internet, those of you in the business know that a number of things add up to give the car value. VIN declaration should be seen as one of those positive values a dealer avails prospective client. Again it does not give guarrantee a used car is what it is. It should be optional. If you want to stand out as a dealer make all your listings have VIN.It shouldnt be made compulsory!
Mr pennywise,this is not the mind of Nigerians,you are speaking for yourself.How can you say you are not care if a car is stolen from America. I am sure it is a mistake may be you will correct it later.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Pennywise(m): 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2008
ziontrain:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! YOU DON'T CARE A LOT IF A CAR IS STOLEN IN AMERICA! WOW!! That says a lot about you o. How will you find out that a car is stolen without knowing VIN number before you set the seller up? What if the car is also flooded? Do you know the implication of this at all?

Well, I have news for you - A LOT OF US CARE ABOUT STOLEN VEHICLES!

Abeg, please don't live up to that your username - PENNYWISE.

You are taking bits of my statements and analyzing them out of context. I see this either as a genuine error or an act of desperation. I never said I don't care about stolen vehicles. Infact it seems you are taking this drive for a share of nairaland auto market to a rather embarrassing level. You may give as much prominence to your statement as you wish but it is wrong even immoral to deliberately misrepresent in order to further your cause.Now I don't see how car fax report will help me with a car that was snatched at Ajegunle if the owner doesn't subscribe to its service?

I think what you have been trying to say all along but without the courage to do so is that Inspired has been bringing in stolen vehicles to sell on nairaland and hence the low price he sells his vehicles thereby pushing competition aside. Sell your own with VIN number if you like. You shouldnt dictate terms. This is a free country.Things may have improved lately but in the 90s if all the stolen cars in Nigeria were returned to Europe and America even Local Government Chairmen would have been trekking to work. grin grin

please don't misquote me. This is not between pennywise and ziontrain.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Pennywise(m): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2008
Godalone na which one you dey now.You too na dealer?
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Godalone(m): 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2008
Pennywise:

Godalone na which one you dey now.You too na dealer?
I am not.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by bugybugy(m): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2008
@ Siena, I know you still get beef for me after i exposed your ass, hahahaha, What make you think I cant get one ? Check when ppl needed help with VIN, I helped, lol. Keep hatin u hear, That is part of life, im used to it. Ziontrain, u cant make something mandatory here, Create YOUR CAR WEBSITE, I cant shout, u go talk now,
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by abbyode(m): 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2008
ziontrain:

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, BY GOD'S GRACE, VIN NUMBER WILL BECOME COMPULSORY ON NAIRALAND AND ALL THE UNSCRUPULOUS CAR DEALERS WILL HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE OR CLEAN UP THEIR ACTS!

ziontrain, when did u become the owner of nairaland?
Who are u in this forum to talk with that level of authority as if u sponsor SEUN, the owner of this website?
I strongly believe that u have an hidden agenda in this whole matter ! You are not displaying a level of maturity in the likes of siena and viperman.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Siga: 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2008
Chai, haba, u guys are mean ooooooooo, una no even respect the death of Romeobest, haba, Respect the dead
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by abbyode(m): 12:37am On Sep 27, 2008
ziontrain:

Romeobest or Abbyode - whatever your name is,[color=#000099][/color]
ziontrain, I dont think you are well. How dare u confuse me wt romeobest? Be guided, I'm warning u.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by blkmum700: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2008
@Yahoo
if you dont have any problem with imspired both of you we keep deceving people on this forum and sell accident cars to people and roll back odometers.You have notting to say becouse you are not a saint.you are also part of the Game.i believe both of you have sold accident cars and roll back odometer ,Mr Yahoo You are also a frausters.

@inspired

i believe in what yahoo is saying you are simply a crook i dont know why you dont want to post the Vin Of the cars you posted for sales and the ones you have sold for some of us to check.today is 27th where is the VIN MR YAHOZEE YOU DON YAHOO EVERY BODY HERE FINISH,JA MI SI

@Ziontrain
Good Job,Am on your side let him post the Vin of the cars he posted for sales now then we can believe him.

@all the ballboys suporting inspired does he pay you guys 500 niara Also per day
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Gifo(m): 2:59am On Sep 27, 2008
Ziontrain why don't you just shut the v,   up. You are appearing too loud mouthed and foolhardy. You don't have to insult those that disagree with you.

You may really be jobless you know, that's why you have so much time to junk the forum.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Siga: 3:34am On Sep 27, 2008
Ziontrain, it was just confirmed that Romeobest was killed while trying to steal VIN number of cars, u see wetin u cause, his blood shall be on ur neck, lol
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by ziontrain: 4:44am On Sep 27, 2008
@Siga, you are really cracking me up! I can't stop laughing!
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Gamine(f): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2008
VIN can be manipulated.

The Inspired dude is not a straight pesin

how many Nigerians are?

People complaining, why dont you enter Coscharis or Taiwo Shittu to buy your cars.

The guy is a hustler and hustle he will.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by samboribo(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2008
@Gamine
people that don't have money like your daddy should then do what if Coscharis & Shittu don't have anything solution for their finance range?
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by jenju(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2008
I have tried to avoid posting on this thread for a while because I didn't want to dignify some of the postings here with my comments.  Many of the postings are quite childish while others border on character assasinations.

I will try to keep my comments as short as possible.

This thread is about one of the most popular dealers on nairaland, Inspired_Men, who was admired by quite a few people. Many of us have been deeply disappointed, to say the least, by recent accusations and counter accusations. It is impossible to say which is true or false.

May I humbly ask people to stop the attack on Inspired at this point.  I also join others to implore Inspired to stop responding to postings on this thread. 

The only thing that we know for sure is that potential buyers want transparency and honesty and one way to do that is to provide VIN numbers up front in addition to revealing any known problem to the buyer. The vote to require VINs has been basically unanimous. I voted for it and even Inspired voted for it.

Inspired deserves the opportunity to continue to sell on this forum without undue harassment. If Inspired is guilty of the accusations, I assure you that no one will be able to accuse him of the same act, going forward, since he has agreed to post the VINs for the cars he offers for sale from now on.

We all make mistakes, and I think this guy has paid enough for his, by the contents of this thread. 

My sincere wish is that Seun creates a new Auto section with the requirement that all listings include VIN numbers as desired by nairalanders.  He should also create a new section for Auto discussions. I recall that there was a poll on this issue recently.

This singular act by Seun will eventually make the Auto section the premier buyers' website that will attract even more traffic for Seun. It will be a win-win-win situation. The decision is solely that of Seun's and I will respect whatever he chooses, even if he chooses to leave things as they are. 

It may not be a bad idea to lock this thread now. 

Cheers,
J
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by akininNC(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2008
@Jenju

Well said. I am sick and tired of this thread, all that can be said has been said and it is time to move on. We are getting people who have no business commenting adding their 2 cents just for the sake of saying something no matter how idiotic they sound.

Post the vin and let the buyer beware. End of discussion.
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Pennywise(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2008
akininNC:

@Jenju

Well said. I am sick and tired of this thread, all that can be said has been said and it is time to move on. We are getting people who have no business commenting adding their 2 cents just for the sake of saying something no matter how idiotic they sound.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that is all so familiar on nairaland-pandering and sycophancy in order to gain relevance.No body has appointed you thread police. Everyone has a right to express how they feel about any issue.Rudeness and outright insult does not make you a better person neither does it make this place better. You will either see the sense in this and withdraw this statement or you can go on and use your alternative usernames for more insults. It doesnt matter.

The reason behind this unnecessary brouhaha is VIN. All other issues are secondary even tertiary.There is no need to let VIN tear nairaland auto apart. It should remain optional.

Ziontrain called me pennywise poundfoolish. This is actually my surname. I wonder how he knew!
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Gamine(f): 5:47pm On Sep 27, 2008
@Samboribo

All im saying is, Inspired has a right to sell what he is selling

Afterall you are the ones requesting the cars, e no be tear-rubber na!

Even tear rubber no b 100% perfect undecided
Re: Inspired Men: The Best Auto Dealer On Nairaland! by Pennywise(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2008
ziontrain:

@Pennywise, in the spirit of unity and to move nairaland forward, let me seize this opportunity to apologise to you for any remark I made that has upset you during this heated debate and exchange of opinion. I should have been more restrained. Once again, I humbly apologise.

I humbly accept your apology and hereby regretfully withdraw any expression I made that you consider offensive. I hope that the interest and ingenuity that you gentlemen have brought to auto marketing on nairaland will be replicated by those who are into properties.I have no doubt it will only get better.

Rgds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Reg 2005 Peugeot 407,leather,navigation,6 Cd Changer 1.29m(Neat) / 2014 Model Honda Accord Exl Toks Selling Cheap / V21.3.0 Vcds Hex-v2 Cable Vcds V2 Interface Unlimited Support Firmware Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.