Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:03 AM

Crude Oil Found In Ogun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Found In Ogun State (14938 Views)

NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day / More Oil Found Offshore Lagos / Oil Found In Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by RibaduFan(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2008
Deepzone

U re not guilty of tribalism, u gulilty of treason. Unlike tribalism it is a felony.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 1:56am On Oct 02, 2008
wharreva
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by auwal87(m): 2:01am On Oct 02, 2008
Now the South West will join the war for more Oil Revenues
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by tpia: 2:53am On Oct 02, 2008
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by KnowAll(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2008
I once read that there is oil near lake chad in borno state, I am not sure about the the authothencity.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DRANOEL(m): 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2008
HATE TO BREAK YOUR OIL HEARTS BUT THE SO CALLED OIL IN OGUN IS NOT OF COMMERCIAL QUANTITY (INFACT ITS MORE LIKE WHAT WAS FOUND IN SOKOTO IN THE LATE 40'S)

IN THE WHOLE SOUTHWEST THERES OIL IN ONLY ONDO (WHICH THOUGH OF COMMERCIAL QUANTITY IS NOT THAT SUFFICIENT)

THERES IS NO OIL IN OSUN,LAGOS(AS HAS ERRONEOUSLY BEEN CLAIMED)
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by MCUsman(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
Who let the dog out wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo wowo grin grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by bilymuse: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2008
Deepzone

U re not guilty of tribalism, u gulilty of treason. Unlike tribalism it is a felony.

make una leave DeepZone alone, the girl is trying her best.

Biko, DeepZone, what about the yarinya talk way l ask you last time
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Topsido(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2008
lipsrsealed
No comment
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ohelala: 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2008
Truth is that the whole quest for this is borne out of greed.

Yes those on top are greedy, but the greed waters down to the least person on the street.

All this talk and that solves nothing.

The politicians are there packing their own. The militants are there cutting out their own.

If you are given such opportunity you will do worse.

Only few people in this country can be regarded as clean when it comes to such issues.

Lets forget about the grammar and exchange of words, whatever the tribe it is, the greed and corruption is there.

No matter the level.

The over invoicing done at the offices, how does that concern the government? The pilfering and misappropriation of the church finances, how does that connect itself with the government.

The manipulations carried out by the technicians in the auto workshop, what does that have to do with the government. The list is endless.

The truth is a habit that cuts across all tribes and all levels of people.

We like to blame others. Today it is government, tomorrow it is the other tribe. This tribe, that tribe.

The problem is that it is all of us. Regardless of the situation in life, one can choose to stand by what is right or what is wrong.

The quest for unimaginable wealth is what is driving everyone, from the top to the bottom.

As far as I am concerned, all this is BLA BLA BLA.

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ohelala: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2008
BLA BLA BLA Galore

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Jakumo(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2008
Regardless of where oil or solid mineral wealth is discovered within Nigeria, Allah has personally written in stone that ONLY men with names like Abubakar, Mohammed, Usman, Abdulahi and Musa shall be entitled to reap the benefits of those GOD-GIVEN treasures. Amen.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ohelala: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2008

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ohelala: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2008
Jakumo U wan MEND people to MEND u like dis??

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ohelala: 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2008
you know dem intention na to MEND.

Abeg no do oooo.

We will all leave the oil in the world one day.

Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by davidif: 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2008
typical nigerian xtics. Whenever everything goes wrong, always point the finger to everyone else except yourselves.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 5:09am On Oct 06, 2008
Regardless of where oil or solid mineral wealth is discovered within Nigeria, Allah has personally written in stone that ONLY men with names like Abubakar, Mohammed, Usman, Abdulahi and Musa shall be entitled to reap the benefits of those GOD-GIVEN treasures. Amen.
Sad truth.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 5:10am On Oct 06, 2008
HATE TO BREAK YOUR OIL HEARTS BUT THE SO CALLED OIL IN OGUN IS NOT OF COMMERCIAL QUANTITY (INFACT ITS MORE LIKE WHAT WAS FOUND IN SOKOTO IN THE LATE 40'S)

IN THE WHOLE SOUTHWEST THERES OIL IN ONLY ONDO (WHICH THOUGH OF COMMERCIAL QUANTITY IS NOT THAT SUFFICIENT)

THERES IS NO OIL IN OSUN,LAGOS(AS HAS ERRONEOUSLY BEEN CLAIMED)

There is oil in Epe and other places in lagos. There could be more in Badagry etc. What of the bitumen in Ondo?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Pataki: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2008
A mere propanganda by OGD is been spread around, and it is outrightly delightsome to find out that people will believe the perfidious statements emanating from Daniel. cheesy

Crude Oil in Ogun my foot!
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2008
Pataki:

A mere propanganda by OGD is been spread around, and it is outrightly delightsome to find out that people will believe the perfidious statements emanating from Daniel. cheesy

Pataki you can never tell these days,can you?
A miracle might have happened overnight.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2008
A mere propanganda by OGD is been spread around, and it is outrightly delightsome to find out that people will believe the perfidious statements emanating from Daniel. Cheesy

Ooh please, it's not a propaganda. Stop hating.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Pataki: 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
darefestus:

Pataki you can never tell these days,can you?
A miracle might have happened overnight.
The last time Obasanjo came on a Presidential visit to Ogun State, were you aware that Daniel's administration painted two Oil Tank trucks with the popular colors of Green-Yellow and labelled the trucks as: "Gateway Oil." Even when a complicated mad man on the street knew there was no crude oil deposit in Ogun State.

A miracle might have happened overnight indeed! I truly believe you. grin

DeepZone:

Ooh please, it's not a propaganda. Stop hating.
What will you not believe? If I tell you, Pataki is the governor of Osun State today, you would readily believe that too.

I got nothing to hate girl. Just vibrating the truth.
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ikeyman00(m): 7:58pm On Oct 06, 2008
breaking news !!! it has be confirmed na peper soup was discovered in ogun state
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2008
ikeyman00:

breaking news !!! it has be comfired na peper soup was discovered in ogun state

I saw that on OGTV too,
But you forgot the Other one
It says. . . . . .
Ogun state has been producing Crude oil on a low scale since 1903
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by tpia: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ow11(m): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
All of you (esp DZ) hyperventilating at the remote possibility of their villages becoming the Oloibiri of SW Nigeria need some help.

First, seeing how oil money has not gotten to the pockets of the common ND man means that in any eventuality of commercial oil find in Ogun state, the common people their would also not get anything and would have their environment destroyed.

Now, about this 'oil' in Ogun state.

1. Much of Ogun state lies on basement rock with just present day sediments overlying some areas but the basement does outcrop in many areas. You can hardly find oil in basement rocks. Although this is currently happening in Vietnam.
2. The part of Ogun state that is part of the dahomey basin cannot have oil of commercial quantity because the conditions for the oil formation ( depth of burial of the Araromi shales) are not met. The basin is not deep enough to allow formation of oil/gas i.e the oil/gas window for oil formation . The Niger delta basin has a rich supply of sediments and this rich supply made the oil bearing rocks there reach the oil/gas window.

This doesnot mean that the possibility of commercial quantities can't be found offshore. Since the basin has some extension into the ocean, prospecting can be done but that oil would not be in Ogun state.

So DZ, take a chill pill. Even if oil seeps happen in your backyard it doesn't necessarily mean there's more underground. The heat required to 'cook' the organic matter can be local (can be caused by a small tectonic activity) can cause small oil formation but not big enough to 'cook' more kerogen at a basin scale.

3. I have only written about oil formation, trapping and appropriate seals is another but since the basin is along a passive margin, I would presume some traps may be present.

Oil companies will not spend Millions of dollars to drill wells when the possibility of good recovery is slim.

Finally, possibility of onshore oil in Ogun state (slim to Nil) but offshore well? wink
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2008
All of you (esp DZ) hyperventilating at the remote possibility of their villages becoming the Oloibiri of SW Nigeria need some help.

First, seeing how oil money has not gotten to the pockets of the common ND man means that in any eventuality of commercial oil find in Ogun state, the common people their would also not get anything and would have their environment destroyed.

Now, about this 'oil' in Ogun state.

1. Much of Ogun state lies on basement rock with just present day sediments overlying some areas but the basement does outcrop in many areas. You can hardly find oil in basement rocks. Although this is currently happening in Vietnam.
2. The part of Ogun state that is part of the dahomey basin cannot have oil of commercial quantity because the conditions for the oil formation ( depth of burial of the Araromi shales) are not met. The basin is not deep enough to allow formation of oil/gas i.e the oil/gas window for oil formation . The Niger delta basin has a rich supply of sediments and this rich supply made the oil bearing rocks there reach the oil/gas window.

This doesnot mean that the possibility of commercial quantities can't be found offshore. Since the basin has some extension into the ocean, prospecting can be done but that oil would not be in Ogun state.

So DZ, take a chill pill. Even if oil seeps happen in your backyard it doesn't necessarily mean there's more underground. The heat required to 'cook' the organic matter can be local (can be caused by a small tectonic activity) can cause small oil formation but not big enough to 'cook' more kerogen at a basin scale.

3. I have only written about oil formation, trapping and appropriate seals is another but since the basin is along a passive margin, I would presume some traps may be present.

Oil companies will not spend Millions of dollars to drill wells when the possibility of good recovery is slim.

Finally, possibility of onshore oil in Ogun state (slim to Nil) but offshore well?

It's like most Nigerians are more comfortable with bad news than hearing good news. All this effort just to prove to me that there is no oil in Ogun state?
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by ow11(m): 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2008
DeepZone:

It's like most Nigerians are more comfortable with bad news than hearing good news. All this effort just to prove to me that there is no oil in Ogun state?

BAD NEWS!! shocked

That's what you call scientific fact? Maybe wishful thinking is your thang. My little essay was to let you know that you are not being told the truth.

If you want to resort to prayer & fasting to increase the sediment haul of the dahomey basin in Ogun state, be my guest. . . grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2008
BAD NEWS!! Shocked

That's what you call scientific fact? Maybe wishful thinking is your thang. My little essay was to let you know that you are not being told the truth.

If you want to resort to prayer & fasting to increase the sediment haul of the dahomey basin in Ogun state, be my guest.

grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DRANOEL(m): 7:07pm On Oct 07, 2008
if theres oil in ogun theres an ocean in kano grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by keba(m): 12:52am On Oct 08, 2008
Very interesting news
ow11:

BAD NEWS!! shocked

If you want to resort to prayer & fasting to increase the sediment haul of the dahomey basin in Ogun state, be my guest. . . grin grin grin

Deepzone oya start 7 days fastin and prayers ASAP grin cheesy grin
Re: Crude Oil Found In Ogun State by DeepZone: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2008
if theres oil in ogun theres an ocean in kano
This thread is for well wishers alone. tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Kerry To Attend Buhari's Inauguration, Leads US Presidential Delegation / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Of Origin / Zakari Hands Over To Mahmood Yakubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.