Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,662 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. (22719 Views)

And A Married Woman Replies "Pissed Off Single Girl" / Lettter To That Married Woman-from A Pissed Off Single Girl / Top 9 French Kissing Tips You Better Read Before Getting Into The Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by yemstar(f): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2006
Being single is never better for anyone no matter how much they try to convince themselves!!

I think it all depends on age and state of mind everybody needs someone and at one point your lives you will come to realize that.

Nobody wants to die alone  wink
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Viper(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2006
This world is coming to an end sha see people promoting promiscous lifestyles shocked
I will be the next relationship bin-laden, catch you cheating, i bomb you angry

@orinkila
That is why you look for a wife and not a Girlfriend. grin
Trust me, marriage is beautiful. It has its up and downs and that makes it fun.
You dont know the joy that fills you when you know there is another person that is thinking about you and wants the very very very best for you just as he/she wants for him/herself, friends/Bleep buddies/girlfriends/boyfriends can't feel that for you until they become ONE with you. it's the oneness that makes the other person think for/with you, work for/with you, sleep with you cheesy

u sha get my point. grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Badman888(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2006
Yemstar i agree with your statement only the last part,

would you and ur partner die together
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by memyself2(f): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2006
Busta:

when the night becomes cold, i go out and get a "very thick blanket and not a useless and dirty wrapper"
-lmao, i feel u sista!

Smashing!:

As much as a lot of sistas would like to get married It's just ain't happening easily anymore. We sistas really can't propose to these guys can we? In our Nigrerian churches we keep hearing testimonies from sistas about years of singleness then a lot of fasting and praying session then Mr. Right happened.
I think we should be satified with ourselves and try to develop ourselves, physically, menatlly and spiritually as much as we can, Then anyway we end up, Cool.
grin grin angry angry
-amen2that oh! u tell em! smiley
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by soulpatrol(f): 2:45pm On Jul 18, 2006
and you wonder why so many people are rushing to be married only to rush out of it. marriage is a life long committment. only the lucky ones can go through it and stay in it. i dont think its for everyone. i think those that have been in it for a long time are only staying because they got no choice, or because theyve become so used to their partner that even if he/she is useless, theyd rather just stay in it just because.
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2006
Viper,
I am already getting engaged. wink

But I have seen that women don''t show their true colours until you marry them.
Then they don't care much about their looks anymore.
They have hooked and trapped you.

The weird behaviour of a pregnant babe was very scary.
She suddenly threw her dignity into the gutter.

I am a very sensitive person and very empathetic too. So, the behaviour of someone close to me can affect me.

Most women demand too much attention. And they want to be pampered.
Right now I am facing the challenges of being attached. And I cannot see the other close female companions who also need my attention. So, it is a secret.

I have lived with girlfriends many years ago. I lived with a girlfriend when I was 33 and again at 35. I wanted to marry. But, I dropped them. Because, we couldn't communicate.

I was working on Franz Kafka's dairies and "Metamorphosis" for my own fiction "Hysterics" and none of them could brainstorm with me. And they were undergraduates of notable universities in Nigeria. And they fell short of my intellectual expectations.  

"Chichi, please read this book and tell me what you think", I said.
"Okay," she replied and took the book from me.
But she never read the whole book. She had no interest in Aristotle's "Poetics".
So, how can she be my helpmate?

I am presently working on a very important feature and the Nigerian babes and ladies coming to visit me have not even asked me what they can contribute to make my project a reality. All they ask for cannot help me realize my projects. It took me two hours to cross the sea and four hours to travel by road to visit my Nigerian sweetheart outside my location. And till date she is still clueless about who I am. The Orikinla she knows is the one she has chosen to know. But I am more than meets the eye.

The six hours I spent on the road to visit her would have been enough to write a book of 100 pages. And I love books more than babes.

When you are single you have single-minded focus and concentration on your goals. And you only have working relationships and not emotional and sexual distractions.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Hugoboi(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2006
folks

I dont really blame pple especially guys who think they are betta of single.Look @ Orikinla's predicament,what one needs inlife is a helpmate.marriages work due to one singular factor-understanding.What i am saying in essence is that a woman sees the part of a guy she really wants to see and God help you if thats reallt NOT who u are.
Hold up !!! i know some of y'all be asking "whateva hapennedto love" Let me make it plain and simple.we dudes marry cus we wanna have chldren and partnership ok!!! LOVE SUCKS!!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by memyself2(f): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2006
hugoboi, darling, speak4urself! never generalise, i've learnt dt in the long run. may i ask u a ques? u got parents right? did ur dad marry ur mum just cuz he wanted2have kids n *eyes raised* partnership? ok, like i said speak4urself, its more dn that for my parents!

@ Orikinla, hmmm, wat kind of women do u date?
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2006
im going to marry for love and companionship. that's what REAL marriage should be about!if any guy's marrying me just for children, hmmmm his own don finish
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2006
don't mind him
no gal's gonna mary him!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Rhodalyn(f): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2006
lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Hugoboi(m): 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2006
me,myself:

hugoboi, darling, speak4urself! never generalise, i've learnt dt in the long run. may i ask u a ques? u got parents right? did your dad marry your mum just because he wanted2have kids n *eyes raised* partnership? ok, like i said speak4urself, its more dn that for my parents!

@ Orikinla, hmmm, what kind of women do u date?

@ me,myself

What i just said was a personal opinion.U need to recognose that my parents are really separate from who i am.environment they say,shapes an individual.U dont blame people like me cus the insincerity of women{ratha b***hs} has kinda outdated loveTHe world was a betta place during our parents' era.Its so different now.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2006
suit yasef!
each to his own!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by memyself2(f): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2006
Hugoboi:

@ me,myself

What i just said was a personal opinion.U need to recognose that my parents are really separate from who i am.environment they say,shapes an individual.U don't blame people like me cus the insincerity of women{ratha b***hs} has kind of outdated loveTHe world was a betta place during our parents' era.Its so different now.

-hmmmso u''ll forgive me, if i say im talkin2a bitter person here,right? care2share ur story? sorry, if i sound like im kissin a**, im not, i would just like2understand u better, u can tell me to sod off!

kellorah:

im going to marry for love and companionship. that's what REAL marriage should be about!if any guy's marrying me just for children, hmmmm his own don finish
-lol, Kellorah, i feel sorry4d guy already!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2006
no mind am
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Hugoboi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2006
@me,myself

i aint bitter so there's no f**kin' story to share>and yes u r definitely kissing ass but i'm not gonna tell u to piss off!!

@kellorah
Chicks like u breed so much hate in the world.Even the bible says the man is tha boss.All uv got to do is submit.Which i dont see u doin with ur silly mouf!!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
whatever!!!!! hugoboy.
the bible is old school and so are U!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Hugoboi(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2006
WHO DA Bleep ARE U??
THA ANTICHRIST??
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2006
about sexism, the bible is old school. that's all i'm saying. i am no anti christ!!!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by soulpatrol(f): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2006
Hugoboi:

Chicks like u breed so much hate in the world.Even the bible says the man is tha boss.All uv got to do is submit.Which i don't see u doin with your silly mouth!!!

boi, are you for real saying that rubbish? time has changed and you gotta go with the flow, bro!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2006
he's so OLD SCHOOl
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Rhodalyn(f): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2006
OuCh!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Orikinla(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2006
Personally I would be happier writing my books, directing my plays and producing my CDs, curating art exhibitions and sharing my resources and earnings with the needy.

That is all I want to do in my life.  And I don't have to be married to do so.

I can go out with anyone whenever I have the time. No stress. Finis.

Is this not fair enough?

Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.
--Bertrand Russell

The longing for love does not mean having a relationship or marriage.

The appreciation of what I am doing for the common good of humankind is enough love for me.

What matters most to me is how many fellow humans I have contributed to improve their wellbeing than how many children I have.

There are millions of children in the world without their real parents. And I can adopt two or three when I am ready. Instead of moaning over having children of my own to survive me when I die?

Only fools want to be remembered for the number of children they were able to have before they died.

"Oga, haba. When you go marry for your children to grow up before you old?"
These are very common questions older singles have to answer everyday among the local populace in Nigeria. And only backward people ask such questions.

A man of 40 already has seven children and he is struggling to make ends meet. And there are millions of Nigerians like him. Breeding populations of poverty. And the churches encourage and promote poverty in Nigeria. Wedding millions of poor couples every week.
Then later when they are facing social disabilities and deprivations, they lie that witches and wizards and generational curses are affecting them. Instead of telling them the truth that they don't have the wherewithal to provide for the comfort of their poor families.
You see very "churcheous" hundreds of thousands of poor families in the ghettos all over Nigeria. Devout church going couples living in tenement houses with overcrowded single room apartments.

Even in our colleges and universities, if you see the broken down toilets, you will not want to even have any relationship with any of the campus babe. Because anyone who can bear to use the cesspit called public toilet on campuses or in the ghettos deserves the Nobel Prize for Human Endurance.

There are many fears and realities making those who are single in Nigeria to remain single.

Why are the poorest places on earth also the most populated?

Is anything wrong with that?

Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts -- the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art.
--John Ruskin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Rhodalyn(f): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2006
Only fools want to be remembered for the number of children they were able to have before they died.

Lmaooooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2006
omg. that quote's something else
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Mystique(f): 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2006
Wel, I miss my good ol' single days embarassed embarassed cry

***Sighs***
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by otokx(m): 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2006
Even in our colleges and universities, if you see the broken down toilets, you will not want to even have any relationship with any of the campus babe. Because anyone who can bear to use the cesspit called public toilet on campuses or in the ghettos deserves the Nobel Prize for Human Endurance.

That is very true but its reality
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2006
otokx:

That is very true but its reality

OMG. THAT'S FUNNY AND TRUE! COS KNOW I WOULDN'T DATE THEM EITHER!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by otokx(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2006
@kellorah; what do u mean the bible is old school?

the apostle paul was a single man with very indigenous ideas as regards to marriage.

could u elaborate further?
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Hugoboi(m): 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2006
abeg ask her.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kellorah: 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2006
the bible is sexist!
it's old school.

any sexist male is no MALE
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2006
i don't see anything wrong is using a broken down toilet; or should they enter the bush? as long as you clean up thoroughly there is no problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Message From A Girl To Big Girls With Smelly Pussy (pictures Added) / Wild, Crazy Things You Did For Love / Is It Possible To Really Last Long During Sex Without Drugs And Sprays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.