Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,526 members, 7,934,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 09:57 AM

Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. (22788 Views)

And A Married Woman Replies "Pissed Off Single Girl" / Lettter To That Married Woman-from A Pissed Off Single Girl / Top 9 French Kissing Tips You Better Read Before Getting Into The Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by memyself2(f): 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2006
kelvinO:

me,myself
you build iron gate around your heart not knowing you aslo imprison your heart.
telling yourself its ok would not mend your heart. you might not know it now, but believe me when he comes around you would.
---*thinkin* so what do you suggest, KelvinO? that i set myself up for heartbreak? nah, dont worry bout me, i aint worrying. but thanks cheesy
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kelvinO(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2006
---*thinkin* so what do you suggest, KelvinO? that i set myself up for heartbreak? nah, don't worry bout me, i aint worrying. but thanks

i do suggest you still give it a try, you never know whose on the way. no-rush and don't over calculate.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by tenik: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2006
hey, being single is no stress, its helps me a lot, love it, relationships has more disadvantage for ladies like me than advantage, huh, Coz am not some slacker or sucker,
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Orikinla(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2006
From what I am facing right now, being single is heaven.

Having a relationship with Nigerian babes could be traumatic.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by kelvinO(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2006
a lot of us do not know what a relationship is, that why we get so mush stress
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by chiomaobj(f): 2:59am On Jul 29, 2006
anyway singlehood is not a permanent place for one to be. it should be a transition. ok. being single isn't easy. God will help us in jesus name.

how come the responses are only from females
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Seyeamu: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2006
because women are finally getting it. marriage is not a do or die affair, neither is being in a relationship.

but seriously girls, if u find someone good (they are usually not what we imagine them to be, neva tall dark and handsome, probaply some1 u have always overlooked for the position), stick with him. relationships can be good if u get someone who is crazy about u (Note: not someone u adore more than he adores u) and will be willing to let u have ur space and is just glad to have you. in which case there wont be pressure to change , do more, give more and completely loose urself in a relationship and forget u used to be a completely and seperate entity before u met this guy.

most importantly dont knock relationships or marriage. they can be as great as 'singlehood'. just take ur time, open ur eyes, be willing to give the underdog a chance and stop waiting for the butterflies- ur life is not an M&B story.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Viper(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2006
Seyeamu:

most importantly don't knock relationships or marriage. they can be as great as 'singlehood'. just take your time, open your eyes, be willing to give the underdog a chance and stop waiting for the butterflies- your life is not an M&B story.

Better than 'singlehood' and definitely not an M&B story, that is what keeps most of them single.
they should keep waiting for superman grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2006
I am my Beloved's and my beloved is mine 24/7.

Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by viena(f): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2006
its no fun being single, wetin even the creator knew it would be too lonely and not good for the human health, so he provided a companion. relationship will be what u turn it to be.as for me, i no fit dey single ohhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by dearzi(f): 9:27am On Aug 10, 2006
@ Seyeamu

True words
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by soulpatrol(f): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2006
seyeamu. you said it so well and true. abeg how much you dey charge per hour for lessons on love? i want to take classes grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Seyeamu: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2006
love lessons from me are totally free, Aunty kemi is listening pour ur heart out.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Orikinla(m): 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2006
Folks, I am hooked.
As I have already confessed, I got hooked on Nairaland by a Nairaland babe who did not want to let me remain single. And I am grateful to God for her.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by EmemJU(f): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2006
Life is all about making the best out of every situation. If you are single enjoy it but don't make it last too long so you don't get bored. I tell you marriage is bliss, there's nothing to be compared with it. One has to experience to understand.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by soulpatrol(f): 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2006
@ ememju, just curious, are you married? you make it sound so wonderful! cool
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Mystique(f): 7:21am On Aug 23, 2006
I guess you hav a lot less stress when you're single, (like guyz can totally occupy your time) cheesy
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by sammyjl(f): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2006
["Once you get into a relationship, your freedom is gone"][quote][/quote]

Perharps you got into a relationship with a very protective dude, who does not even want you to speak to another person of the opposite sex. So hell ya your freedom will or is definitely gone dear, but I suggest you walk out of that relationship before things get any worse.

I so do not agree with that quote above.

And that quote as the topic, its way too long, where did you learn to quote, you don't doch down every single detail. Take only the important ones. Who do you  write your assignments. Damn!!!! kiss

Being single is alright, you go and do whatever you want anytime anywhere, no worries about who's going to say what. Again its sometimes boring.
Being in a relationship is sometimes stressful, yes, but you gotta work out your problems. There is no relationship on this earth that does not encounter any problems.

Everything has its ups and downs. Take this example, you have a car, its nice when you are cruising in it, but when it breaks down, its bad.

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, so is being in a relationship or not being in one.

I prefere either choices, to be single or to be fully booked. tongue
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by creamdream: 4:29am On Dec 30, 2007
yes!!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by ariblaze(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2007
being single

certainly has its perks,

the night outs,the one nightstands

the eating straight from the pot,drinking

from the bottle,everyday is boyz nite out,fun

BUT

everyone wants to be loved

wanted,nutured,cared for,by someone

other,than their mother,primarily its a choice
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by tommyex(m): 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2007
I like been single too honestly,
Though love is a great thing to happen to some1,u feel completely complete grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by sylvex(f): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2007
Yep! being single is really cool, at least one can explore (talent) and do things he/she couldn't av done while dating.
It also makes one to be more focus especially as a career lady/Gent.
It creates room for freedom to be who one wants to be and the most interesting parts are:
* No more midnight calls
* No more stalking (Following one about or sending friends to spy).
* No more "Who's Number is this?"
* No more monitoring
* No more "You've just got to abide to my rules!"
* No more sticking to someone like glue
* No hurts
* No sheding of tears
* No heart break
* No nagging or exchanging of banters, it can be so sickening when arguing
etc
And one can choose to become a celibate!
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by 2dye4(m): 10:08am On Dec 31, 2007
there's someone for everyone, u can choose to stay single till find that person. wink
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by lumideezle(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2007
men i feel i AM way bwtter off single also it saves a whole lots ofmoney
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by mafolayomi(f): 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2007
mennnnnnn that thing dey fear seriuosly oooooooo, marriage i might be going into it come next year but dont no if i shld go ahead

or not ooooooooooooo. seriuosly am very much afraid of going into it. pls all i need your prayer regards dis
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by funloving(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2007
mafolayomi:

mennnnnnn that thing dey fear seriuosly oooooooo, marriage i might be going into it come next year but don't no if i shld go ahead

or not ooooooooooooo. seriuosly am very much afraid of going into it. please all i need your prayer regards this

You probably don't love the guy enough, so why are you getting married to him ?

If you trully love somebody you would want to spend your life with them and that is what marriage is all about

If you are scared of getting married then don't get married, you are not yet in love enough to get married.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Faitymine(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
Am learning from the LADIES in the house! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by yemivictor: 5:13pm On Jan 02, 2008
relationships has more disadvantage for ladies like me than advantage

@ Tenik,
Do you care to please elucidate on the "ladies like me part"
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Busta(f): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2008
Alot of people are coming here saying they are better off single.

Truth is----when u're single u might feel relaxed at first but with time, u feel the need to fill the empty space that is left.
The loneliness and boredom is always the tough part.

It is not easy being single abeg.
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by topkin(m): 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2008
Being single can be fun really but i feel getting married is definitely better.

It makes u a focused individual and bet it or not love is better off if shared with someone, one person who truly CARES for you
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by SAGoddess: 9:49am On Mar 05, 2010
I have been on my own for a while now, never been married but still hopeful I will meet my lifetime partner someday, having said that, I am terribly independent and have been like this for as long as I can remember, I love it but it gets lonely sometimes, there are times when one longs for intimacy, pillow talk and sharing bills  cheesy but the rest of the time, it's cool, on the flip side, being in a relationship does not have to feel like prison at all, couples must learn to give each other space to be who they are, then they will be happier to be together as a couple,

I am single now because I have not found the right one for me YET   wink I refuse to be in a relationship just for the hell of it, my happiness comes first and I find a lot of men/women try to mould their partner to be what they want, I have huge problems with this, If I change who I am for someone else, I will end up being unhappy for life while the other person carries on being his/her happy self, I am open to compromising in a relationship but just don't change me to a point where I hardly know who I am anymore, to me that sounds like a lot of misery and frown lines, who needs that   grin
Re: Are You Better Off Single? No Stress. by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2010
SA Goddess:

I have been on my own for a while now, never been married but still hopeful I will meet my lifetime partner someday, having said that, I am terribly independent [/b]and have been like this for as long as I can remember, I love it but it gets[b] lonely sometimes, there are times when one longs for intimacy, pillow talk and sharing bills  cheesy but the rest of the time, it's cool, on the flip side, being in a relationship does not have to feel like prison at all, couples must learn to give each other space to be who they are, then they will be happier to be together as a couple,

I am single now because I have not found the right one for me YET   wink I refuse to be in a relationship just for the hell of it, my happiness comes first and I find a lot of men/women try to mould their partner to be what they want, I have huge problems with this, If I change who I am for someone else, I will end up being unhappy for life while the other person carries on being his/her happy self, I am open to compromising in a relationship but just don't change me to a point where I hardly know who I am anymore, to me that sounds like a lot of misery and frown lines, who needs that   grin

Is this some sort of commercial or something??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abortion: Now A Proof Of Love? / The Act Of Mis-talking / 12 Signs, You Should Leave Your Girl Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.