Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,350 members, 7,967,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 12:23 PM

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 - Sports (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 (145711 Views)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Uruguay Vs Italy - Confederations Cup: (2 - 3) On Pens On 30th June 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Fibo27(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Where is Guru Maraj?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Jeez2(f): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Chile out!!!
Mexico out!!!
Greece out!!!
Uruguay (follows Suarez home)out!!!
Nigeria out!!!
who's next?
http://www.jizuluvssports..com/
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by collynzo2(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhydem:

[size=20pt]What games are you watching guy?! Yobo helped in that defence with Omeruro. The only problem was once Onazi came out, the midfield COLLAPSED - constant pressure on the defence. They were bound to score[/size]
Some of you celeberate mediocrity with passion.
Yobo was horrible throughout the tournament and crowned it all with an own goal yet you still have the mouth to utter rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Deepfreezer(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=Jiggaisback][/quote] Mr Seun with all due respect I dont know what this fool is doing here. this forum is for Nigeria and Nigerians in diaspora not Ghananians. its nairaland not ghanaland. I dont like the idea of another nationality having an account on here. you and your team should underatand what im saying.
Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Oahray: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
Please we should keep an eye on Iheanacho. That guy shouldn't be left to waste away.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
obo_man:

You don't get the problem......

Where is the new manager gonna choose from?

Abroad; Where most of our players are bench-warmers?

Home; Where our league isn't good enough?

I think it's less of Keshi's tactical nous and more of lack of talents our Country is currently producing.....

Benzema and Giroud scored over 40 goals for their clubs last season

Musa, Emenike and Osaze combined scored less than 18 goals for their clubs last season.... I think we lacking quality and even Alex Ferguson can't do a damn thing about it if he is our national coach...

Sir, the Costa Rican team that beat Greece don't really have any 20-goal/season player I'm their team. Their starting back 4 all play for Costa Rican/North American clubs. So the problem of the Eagles was more of lack of organisation.
For instance, when the team are attacking corner kicks, all our 4/5 players in the box will move towards the near post; none likes to stay outside the 6-yard box
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nzeudo: 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
When Onazi got dt tackle dt resulted to his injury, i was like, how i wish it was Mikel so dt Keshi would hv no choice but replace him (Mikel). Mikel na minus one!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Deepfreezer(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
J3nnyluv: I go make sure say i read all the whole comment from 0 to the end without commenting #UntilMyVexComeDown
Eiyahh same here. we had this game till Onazi went off.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by collynzo2(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
All the teams that have been knocked out so far are those who finished second in their group.
It is extremely likely that all quater finalists will be first round group winners.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Bennyberry(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
collynzo2:
Yobo was horrible throughout the tournament and crowned it all with an own goal yet you still have the mouth to utter rubbish.
hey boy i tink u saying nonsense.as much as i detest yobo i tink he nids a kudos for his performance in d world cup;i wonder y nigerians find it difficult to b truthful;instead of blaming yobo i tink mikel shud b BAN FOR ETERNITY; no single control chai;daris God ooo;welcome home my eagles(-mikel) kudos
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by AudioRage(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
Anyway, now that the dust is settling a bit, let me just make these points before I leave this site permanently:

How We Can Move Forward From Here:

1. I think Keshi SHOULD remain out coach:
Yes, I said it. He should remain our coach for the next 4 years. Regardless of what anyone says, I think he's the man for this job. He's taken us places we haven't been in a very long time - Nations Cup victory, World Cup knock-out stages, etc. He should retain his post and further build our team, develop the much-needed cohesion, and build discipline.

2. Foreign technical strategists should be employed:
No, I'm not saying we need Berti Vogts or any new coach for that matter; I'm saying we need some foreign technical advisers with experience from different parts of the GLOBE - Netherlands, South America, The Middle East, etc - who can help Keshi is devising plans against different teams with different styles of play, because Keshi can't do it all on his own. He seems to have Africa on lockdown, but he's not all-knowing when it comes to games involving European teams. We need technical advisers who can help us counter Tiki-Taka, Total Voetbol, Samba, etc. It's very important.

3. Now that Yobo has achieved his caps, can he be done away with already? Mikel too. As a matter of fact, I think it's time to do away with our old legs - Mikel, Yobo, Shola Ameobi and the likes. I believe these guys have nothing more to offer.

4. The era of giving preferential treatment to players simply because they play for some 'big team' in England has to be done away with. Costa Rica has shown us you don't need big names to win, so I fail to see why a complete nonentity like Mikel should be treated like a big deal especially when he isn't. The guy is a total waste. We should scan the globe for our willing players, and it shouldn't matter what country you play for. Imagine a dumb bench-warmer like Mikel starting for us just because he's listed in Chelsea.

Follow these points above, and we'll have a flawless team.

I still have faith in the Super Eagles.
God bless Keshi.

So long, Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by HARDUBUY(m): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
What is a Mikel?
1. A Magician: He's right in front of
you for 90
minutes, but you only get to see him
for 30
seconds picking up a yellow card.
2. A Mikel is a Nigerian Ferrari with the
engine of a Picanto.
3. A Mikel is anything that has weight,
occupies
space, breathes but remains
stationary.
4. A Mikel is a confused strolling object
that has
no focus. 5. It is an SI unit for
measuring
deceleration, e.g the car decelerated
by 2 mikel/ sec.
6. The botanical name of a snail,
Mikelis Obilis.
7. Anybody who can pass the ball but
can't shoot,
cross, head, or be creative. e.g, My
grandma is a
Mikel.
8. A mikel is that footballer who is
allergic to goals. What does Mikel
mean to you?
A professor was asked and he has this
to say:
1. A mikel can be define as a person/
object that
runs/walks/hops/strolls/jogs/crawl
from one
side of the field to the other, eg obi is
a mikel.
2. IDIOM: /to be in a mikel with one/:
to be tired, lazy, weak, refusing to be
active, energetic , or just
being lazy with a friend or lover et
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
obo_man:

You don't get the problem......

Where is the new manager gonna choose from?

Abroad; Where most of our players are bench-warmers?

Home; Where our league isn't good enough?

I think it's less of Keshi's tactical nous and more of lack of talents our Country is currently producing.....

Benzema and Giroud scored over 40 goals for their clubs last season

Musa, Emenike and Osaze combined scored less than 18 goals for their clubs last season.... I think we lacking quality and even Alex Ferguson can't do a damn thing about it if he is our national coach...

Ike Uche scored 14 goals last season and yet the "big boss" ignored him.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ceetowl: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
I think is time for conference on soccer to be organised calling in the stake holders and the tacticians to discuss and come up with strategies that can help our football gone pass the constraint of the final finishing that leads to goal. We should also divert a little from our pattern of playing with no bite in the forward that leads to goal. Consider the up coming under 17 now promoted to under 20 you will realize that there playing pattern is unique. They team match having brought up together and am saying watch out for these guys .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Jiggaisback: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
collynzo2: All the teams that have been knocked out so far are those who finished second in their group.
It is extremely likely that all quater finalists will be first round group winners.

The super chickens were the only mistake and it has been corrected. They didn't deserve to be in the second round. Tnk God the mistake has been corrected.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
God bless Enyeama!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Deepfreezer(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
im backing Algeria to keep the flag flying.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
[b]I think we did well but YOU CANNOT WIN THE WORLD CUP WITH THE SAME STARTING 11 EVERY GAME!!!

We just lost cos we have NO BENCH...no one to replace onazi. Azeez is too young and inexperienced, Reuben has no club, No quality replacement for our defenders, no quality replacement for ONAZI's position, no quality replacement for our tiring wingers

[size=14pt]Now, we NEED to look for back up in:[/size]
fullbacks and right back- we have no replacement for Ambrose..yobo is too old.
Midfielders- we need guys who will give Mikel a challenge for that midfield role

[size=14pt](formerly unknown) players who really really impressed me[/size]
Oshaniwa- Uwa's injury is a blessing in disguise cos we now know that this guy has the potential to be a real gem
Babatunde-He did great as our centra attacking Mid
Omeruo- i know him but still deserves a mention

[size=14pt]guys that we should call up to the team[/size]
Mba
Igiebor
Olaitan
ajagun
Ihenacho

I am not entirely disappointed by our team. The french simply have a better bench than us.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by bong4(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
forget about this present team. It was just a matter of time. I'm hoping and praying that rhe NFF will summon courage and allow the present u-20 squad led by coach manu garba to grow inro the future eagles. That is the only way forward for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by pheforusty(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
collynzo2:
..i beg to differ..
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Pricelezz(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
whizfache: God knw say me hate nigeria since when i was a boy in 1925,co4 d boy me with generator,i cause nigeria,maybe na wetin d effect wona undecided
curse nt cause
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by daveP(m): 8:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

Is Manu the U17 coach?
manu garba is th) U-20 coach.Amunike is the U-17 coach. The U-20 female world cup kicks of august 1.our falconets qualify with more goal than the entire goals scored by super eagles in 4world cups.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by donem: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Rhydem: [size=18pt]We almost won today but we lost because of these things. And we were deceiving ourselves in this world cup. Because NO TEAM can win with ONE 'WEAK' TEAM.

Extremely poor midfield with no attack (Once Onazi went off) - Poor WC team selection (GABRIEL RUEBEN (WHO HAS NO CLUB!!!)INSTEAD OF MBA, NO UCHE, NO ATTACK) - No bench replacements - Mikel didn't step it up (COMPLETELY demoralised the team - He was strolling in defence) - Odemwingie only real guy with passion in that team.

ODEMWINGIE SHOULD'VE BEEN CENTRE MIDFIELD BUT WE HAVE NO REPLACEMENTS FOR THE WINGERS TO HELP Our RIGHT AND LEFT BACK

Keshi the guy just played 2 Defensive midfield players - It was OVER once Onazi came off.

YOBO IS NOT TO BLAME - THE BACK FOUR WERE PERFECT!!

POOR SELECTIONS!!

Good night[/size]
You are slowly becoming a disgrace like Mikel was in the just concluded match. how many times are you reposting this same shii.t ?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mr.chippychappy:

Ike Uche scored 14 goals last season and yet the "big boss" ignored him.

You have a point....
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
bong4: forget about this present team. It was just a matter of time. I'm hoping and praying that rhe NFF will summon courage and allow the present u-20 squad led by coach manu garba to grow inro the future eagles. That is the only way forward for Nigeria.

THIS !!!! A coaching team of Manu and Oliseh would be perfect
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Audio Rage:
2. Foreign technical strategists should be employed:
No, I'm not saying we need Berti Vogts or any new coach for that matter; I'm saying we need some foreign technical advisers with experience from different parts of the country - Netherlands, South America, The Middle East, etc - who can help Keshi is devising plans against different teams with different styles of play, because Keshi can't do it all on his own. He seems to have Africa on lockdown, but he's not all-knowing when it comes to games involving European teams. We need technical advisers who can help us counter Tiki-Taka, Total Voetbol, Samba, etc. It's very important.

Why the hell do you need a foreign technical strategist? If out of the 170 million heads in that country, you can't produce a good coach, you might as well forget about playing football.

Didn't a "foreign technical strategist" cost the Ivorians the game against Greece by starting Drogba - and subsequently substituting the best player on the field, Gervinho, for that prick that caused the pen at the last minute?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by brilapluz(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

Keshi has set the precedence for Local coaches .He has tried .The only thing he needs to work on is his relationship with players .He kills the morale of players .Moses started performing badly under his tutelage
pls I wud slightly disagree wit u about moses poor performance being hinged on keshi's coaching style cos it was d same style dat was used 2 win d nations cup and moses was an integral part 2 dat success...d problem wit moses is similar 2 every average nigerian player who tinks he has arrived and needs no more development 2 his game!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by binbass(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
[quote author=sunkoye]i fink its ok for mikel to take a loan from first bank to start a small scale business in his village.
The guy has already make it playing football, is you that should work harder in what you're doing.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
Oshaniwa tried but he was by no means a credible deputy for Echiejile

Oshaniwa in not great going forward like echiejile and certainly makes too many foul tackles

Keshi must take responsibility for his squad selection

He simply had no plan B

Tournament football is all about the squad. You can not just take a good 11 and hope for the best!
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by chrisley024(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
collynzo2:
Yobo was decent today bar the own goal

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (117) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.