Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,329 members, 7,967,841 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 - Sports (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 (145709 Views)

Germany Vs Algeria: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2014 / Uruguay Vs Italy - Confederations Cup: (2 - 3) On Pens On 30th June 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
cdamsel: I no fit laugh ooo,dis girl never listens to me tongue that's wat u get 4 disobeying me
tongue cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

Keshi has tried,he needs to go to South Africa.I will prefer someone else in the mould of Oliseh and Siasia

You don't get the problem......

Where is the new manager gonna choose from?

Abroad; Where most of our players are bench-warmers?

Home; Where our league isn't good enough?

I think it's less of Keshi's tactical nous and more of lack of talents our Country is currently producing.....

Benzema and Giroud scored over 40 goals for their clubs last season

Musa, Emenike and Osaze combined scored less than 18 goals for their clubs last season.... I think we lacking quality and even Alex Ferguson can't do a damn thing about it if he is our national coach...

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Uziehot(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Me like it d way it is oh,coz of d battalion gej is taking 2 brasil 2 nyash brazilian gals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by hollandis(f): 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mr.chippychappy:

Oliseh and Manu Garba (Under 17 coach) for me.

Is Manu the U17 coach?
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by pharmo25(m): 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
In a country of Blind men, the one eyed man is king. Onazi is one eyed. Mikel is blind."
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Come back! Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by chrisley024(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mr.chippychappy:

As far as i am concerned Mikel didn't really do any wrong today . He was just a little bit slow in the Midfield. Keshi should have had quality back up Midfielders like Lukman, Ogu and Joel Obi not Gabriel Ruben who doesn't have a club.
So he needs a MF to carry him along?

Not surprised Matuidi injury Onazi instead
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by chevchenko: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
This is a very impressive match, the players palyed their hearts out, please and please nobody should come out and abuse them. The Nigerian coach, Stephen Keshi has also impressed me, in fairness to him, he always explains that his players improves with every match which is clearly apparent.

Now why did we loose this match very simple, we lost on technical and tactical analysis, that is the difference between a technical adviser and a coach. The French coaching crew realised that the temperature was not to their advantage so they played it cool in the first half, they also realised Onazi and Efe were the engine of the team, so they took them out (Onazi completely, Efe partially), same tactics was used in 1994 by the Italians.

We were having the set pieces but couldn't use them which the french team utilised well, set pieces are technical in nature, it is not just to kick the ball, it requires a lot of IQ...Musa is fasting, he runs and uses a lot of energy...reason he didn't come to the party in the 2nd half (I expected him to have been substituted in the 2nd half)...all the french's corner kicks were targeted at Pogba, why? because of his height...with all the corner kicks we had, what is Ameobi doing on the bench?

Lastly, we need a playmaker, no single attacking midfielder, Mikel is good and talented but he is psychologically torn between offensive and defensive play.

My humble conclusion, either we expose Keshi to the technicalities and the analytical intricacies of the game or we get a Technical Adviser to assist him...somebody that will read the game, analyse it and make meaningful changes (of course, this will depend on the available bench)

God bless the Super Eagles....God bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by justi4jesu(f): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
cry
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by pianogirl(f): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
One major thing I observed so far was that we lacked the tactical ability to defend set pieces...Two goals we conceeded from Argentina were from a free kick and a corner kick. I thought the technical crew would have taken note of that and advised the boys to be more alert in defending set pieces. But lo and behold,the same thing repeated itself against France today..Conceeded two cheap goals from corner kicks which could have been avoided in the first place. It's a pity!!!We have ourselves to blame for this loss. The French took note of our weakness and capitalized on that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Cheny(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Many Nigerians on this forum happen to be kids.The kinds of comments and analysis displayed whenever things dont go their way is baffling.Must players/coaches be unnecessarily blamed whenever we lose a game.Even when we blame,must we insult the players? The players gave a good fight and the game could have gone either way. Most comments here are crude,insulting and shameful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by tunapius(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
@least, i no go dey watch ball with fear again
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by hollandis(f): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
obo_man:

I think it's less of Keshi's tactical nous and more of lack of talents our Country is currently producing.....

Musa, Emenike and Osaze combined scored less than 18 goals for their clubs last season.... I think we lacking quality and even Alex Ferguson can't do a damn thing about it if he is our national coach...

Keshi has set the precedence for Local coaches .He has tried .The only thing he needs to work on is his relationship with players .He kills the morale of players .Moses started performing badly under his tutelage

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Oahray: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
chevchenko: This is a very impressive match, the players palyed their hearts out, please and please nobody should come out and abuse them. The Nigerian coach, Stephen Keshi has also impressed me, in fairness to him, he always explains that his players improves with every match which is clearly apparent.

Now why did we loose this match very simple, we lost on technical and tactical analysis, that is the difference between a technical adviser and a coach. The French coaching crew realised that the temperature was not to their advantage so they played it cool in the first half, they also realised Onazi and Efe were the engine of the team, so they took them out (Onazi completely, Efe partially), same tactics was used in 1994 by the Italians.

We were having the set pieces but couldn't use them which the french team utilised well, set pieces are technical in nature, it is not just to kick the ball, it requires a lot of IQ...Musa is fasting, he runs and uses a lot of energy...reason he didn't come to the party in the 2nd half (I expected him to have been substituted in the 2nd half)...all the french's corner kicks were targeted at Pogba, why? because of his height...with all the corner kicks we had, what is Ameobi doing on the bench?

Lastly, we need a playmaker, no single attacking midfielder, Mikel is good and talented but he is psychologically torn between offensive and defensive play.

My humble conclusion, either we expose Keshi to the technicalities and the analytical intricacies of the game or we get a Technical Adviser to assist him...somebody that will read the game, analyse it and make meaningful changes (of course, this will depend on the available bench)

God bless the Super Eagles....God bless Nigeria
well written bro... Well written.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Shori(m): 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
I must admit that with the quality of our players,beating France sounds like an ''impossible'' thing to do. I really appreciate the effort of the lads during the France game. Mikel's blushes were exposed immediately after Onazi was taken off due to injury,and that cost us... Enyeama was an almagam of the ''hero'' and the ''villain'' but his saves before and after the goals were eye catching! Oshaniwa,Ambrose and Omeruo are a triumvirate of an ''average'' defence,per se. Yobo tried... Yes! He tried but Nigerians,just a few though,may not be able to see beyond his own goal(mistake). Musa was absent throughout the entire match,probably he was among the spectators! Emenike&Osaze were too rigid... Moses couldn't fill Babatunde's shoes...how execrable! Keshi's substitution,Reuben,was short of ideas and tactical approach to the game. . .

Come rain,come shine... I'm flying high with the Eagles! #SuperEagles
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by WWWoOKLOADEDoTK: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
runzlord: why re u guys blamming mikel? if not for the over rated and over confidence eyenma they 4 no score
u dey craze na dat mikel wey dey play like person wey don Bleep b4 he kum play
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
How come African teams always let people down towards the end of the game? Ivory Coast, Ghana, and now Nigeria?

Darn!! I blame Enyeama for both goal. Poor decision making at this level is UNACCEPTABLE!! He shouldn't have come out for the first goal - ditto the second goal.

The team definitely missed Baba's creativity. Moses is just useless, and this guy hasn't improved since he started playing for Crystal Palace in secondary school. He plays like a secondary school student - unnecessarily flamboyant without any end product.

I can't even blame Mikel - he has always been utterly slow and useless. Just side and back passes, with zero creativity. I expected that from him, so I can't blame him for anything.

Darn!! That was naij's game to lose - and the team collapsed in the last 15-20 mins.

And why didn't the coach send in Ameobi, for those begging crosses in the box, with no one to connect?

Gutted - but great game regardless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by phonetics: 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

Keshi has tried,he needs to go to South Africa.I will prefer someone else in the mould of Oliseh and Siasia

Hollandis, you christened Yobo "Calamity Yobo" and hasn't he lived up to it?
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by cheguevera: 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
RUSSIA 2018 . HERE WE COME
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by WWWoOKLOADEDoTK: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dnt 4get to visit http://we.twomini.com/ for hottest update
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
[b]I think we did well but YOU CANNOT WIN THE WORLD CUP WITH THE SAME STARTING 11 EVERY GAME!!!

We just lost cos we have NO BENCH. Azeez is too young, Reuben has no club, No quality replacement for our defenders, no quality replacement for ONAZI's position, no quality replacement for our tiring wingers

[size=14pt]Now, we NEED to look for back up in:[/size]
fullbacks and right back- we have no replacement for Ambrose.
Midfielders- we need guys who will give Mikel a challenge for that midfield role

[size=14pt](formerly unknown) players who really really impressed me[/size]
Oshaniwa- Uwa's injury is a blessing in disguise cos we now know that this guy has the potential to be a real gem
Babatunde-He did great as our centra attacking Mid
Omeruo- i know him but still deserves a mention

[size=14pt]guys that we should call up to the team[/size]
Mba
Igiebor
Olaitan
ajagun
Ihenacho

I am not entirely disappointed by our team. The french simply have a better bench than us.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by barikay: 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
D midfield was too porous d ball was free flowing through d midfield as if no one is there and all was on d ill defense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by cdamsel(f): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
mz mariah: tongue cry cry
tell keshi ooo grin
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

Keshi has set the precedence for Local coaches .He has tried .The only thing he needs to work on is his relationship with players .He kills the morale of players .Moses started performing badly under his tutelage

Moses played badly for Liverpool... Is Keshi also responsible for Moses' poor display for Liverpool?

Moses scored 2 goals last season for Liverpool with 22 appearances..... Keshi's fault?

Our players aren't in form and you questioning Keshi's rapport with players?

Mindset like dis is why our football isn't growing... No objectivity put pure conjectures..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by bobblue: 7:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
Enyema was overworked. Our defence .i.e. Yobo was weak...and we lost the game after Onazi's departure...I almost feel his injury was strategically planned and executed...that was a red card offence...We should have got a penalty for that bearhug that was given to Osaze...and we had no capable substitutes for almost any position

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by 9jagist(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
We tried our best but, Mikel and keshi dealt with us
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
cdamsel: tell keshi ooo grin
Babe I'm sick again. get me a cup of ice cream please. tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Oahray: 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
hollandis:

come, this girl, if you don't know something don't spew the first thing on your mind. Moses was loaned out to Liverpool and spent the better part of last season on the bench. How is that Keshi's fault?

Moses only exploded for Nigeria in the nation's cup UNDER KESHI.

You suck at analyzing football, go read a romance novel or something undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by ShyDare(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Why we lost :
1. Defending - We hardly defended our goal during corner kicks. If we had a man in d post he could av kicked away dat pogba header. Yobo as d leader failed 2 co-ordinate well. Sometimes during corners our players were marking space, they failed 2 pick pple in d box & outside d box. Our defence nids quality, we nid a better left back who is more incisive that is some one who can deliver outstanding crosses and be active in d 18yard box of our opponent like younger evra. Yobo shd exit 4nw. Ambrose tried, we stil nid anoda right back.

2. Attack : Mikel has bin dreadful thus far, slow & daft. His marking has bin appauling. Victor moses has no business in d super eagles line up 4nw. Kelechi iheneacho, yayah, wud av done better dan mikel & moses. Mikel killed our transition during counter attacks. He kept on flighting wayward balls 2 a player dat has bin heavily marked.

Way forward - let us bring in key players frm our u-17. Our youth football programme should be engineered 2 produce genuine and nt over aged players. Technically sound talents shd b our goal that's players who have superior wining & ball retention. Players who can cross balls with high precision. Keshi & co shd remain but I tink he nids a gud opposition scout &technical assistants/analyst. Tactically super eagles look out of it @ times. For example we had loads of possession 2day buh we neva made it count. We had loads of corners buh they were poorly taken. Keshi shd look more @ our league, we can get better guys dan mikel in our league.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by pheforusty(m): 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
MOSES=GHOSTMODE ;
Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by Asek1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
In other news, I just heard that the match between Nigeria and France has been cancelled by FIFA. A new date will be communicated shortly.
So cheer up and start jubilatinggrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 by brilapluz(m): 8:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
obo_man:

thumbs up my broda,u just said d truth...
we lack players both home and abroad...am eagerly waiting 4 dose u17 players 2 develop and take ova d super eagles..enuff of dis lacklustre performance!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (117) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.