Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,014 members, 7,912,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:19 PM

NYSC 2014 Batch B House - NYSC (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2014 Batch B House (631882 Views)

NYSC 2015 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . And an Infected ILL EVD patient would barely have the strength to walk and be confined to a bed like Patrick Sawyer......but the average African would rather pass fear and fear than simple reading and researching.......well as the saying goes if you want to hide something from most Africans/Nigerians......put it in a 'long technical reading format'.....lol

Lmao.. Exactly... People need to be enlightened
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:11am On Aug 15, 2014
OK so I saw the news.. Let's pray for Nigeria and hope they can contain the virus before sept 1.. The man said "we are likely to"
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:12am On Aug 15, 2014
prixxy7: U̶̲̥̅̊ seem so all knowing. Arent you in stream 2
. Haha........my dear I don't know a single thing about any inside info......all I know is the interview today where the NYSC DG said stream 2 was put 'ON HOLd'........so I'm keeping my thoughts on that.....on hold could be 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months......and basically from today weda this news or not we are still 'ON HOLD' for 17 days till september 1st.......so what we should be hoping for is for the EVD situation in Nigeria to calm down in the next 14 or so days.......and YES I'm 'in stream 2'
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:19am On Aug 15, 2014
Mannylex:

lol, wetin i wan talk again na?
Am just trying to give myself hope. . . Because I am so sure that if stream 2 is postponed due to ebola fears, then there is no way Lagos can escape it(though I pray we do)...
... Till this moment no one but the NYSC DG knows why lagos, osun and kogi was skipped.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
. I'm thinking the lagos,osun, kogi omission was just a mistake on the part of the DG and AIT followed the mistake
Initially he said stream 2 has been put on hold, then he mentioned adamawa, borno, yobe, bauchi, gombe, jigawa................Ait are now putting the six states on the rolling news bottom of their screen.....this is what the majority of people are seeing......NTA reported the entire stream 2....they didn't name six states
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:20am On Aug 15, 2014
young2008:
Batch c will commence september next yr after d elections n blood shed dat might ve taking place...... grin >
. Batch C is scheduled for November, elections is january/february next year.......ur point/ joke does not tally
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:23am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . I'm thinking the lagos,osun, kogi omission was just a mistake on the part of the DG and AIT followed the mistake
Initially he said stream 2 has been put on hold, then he mentioned adamawa, borno, yobe, bauchi, gombe, jigawa................Ait are now putting the six states on the rolling news bottom of their screen.....this is what the majority of people are seeing......NTA reported the entire stream 2....they didn't name six states

The DG didn't mention States he said the stream 2, meaning all affected states.. AIT is just doing oversabi by stating that its just 6 states... This same AIT that Said last week that 7 people died from Ebola.. Mschew
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:25am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

Lmao.. Exactly... People need to be enlightened
. Enlightenment campaigns are on tvs....NTA, silverbird, channels, everyday........most Nigerians would rather watch Mercy johnson flaunt her as than these, reasons y a science inclined graduate would drink and bath salt after a rumuor, VERY DEPRESSINg
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:28am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola: OK so I saw the news.. Let's pray for Nigeria and hope they can contain the virus before sept 1.. The man said "we are likely to"
. Good, you've seen it.....Now the prayer, for those that pray should be that the Ebola 'epidemic' in Nigeria is reduced in the next 14 or so days
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:31am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

The DG didn't mention States he said the stream 2, meaning all affected states.. AIT is just doing oversabi by stating that its just 6 states... This same AIT that Said last week that 7 people died from Ebola.. Mschew
. I'm guessing you watched a shorter version of his 'talk'......except I have problems with hearing.....I pretty much heard him name.6 states earlier around 8pm news
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:36am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . Enlightenment campaigns are on tvs....NTA, silverbird, channels, everyday........most Nigerians would rather watch Mercy johnson flaunt her as than these, reasons y a science inclined graduate would drink and bath salt after a rumuor, VERY DEPRESSINg

Enlightenment campaigns all over but people are still not enlightened,and this beats me. You'll be shocked at the number of well educated people that fell for that salt and water business.. Or just maybe the campaigns arent getting to the target audience
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:39am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . I'm guessing you watched a shorter version of his 'talk'......except I have problems with hearing.....I pretty much heard him name.6 states earlier around 8pm news

Oh well that's what I heard just now, I'd still listen again in the morning so i dont pass wrong info...We are confused already, so incorrect Info shouldn't be added to the plate ..
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:47am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

Enlightenment campaigns all over but people are still not enlightened,and this beats me. You'll be shocked at the number of well educated people that fell for that salt and water business.. Or just maybe the campaigns arent getting to the target audience
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:51am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . 'Well Educated'?..........haha.......I personally know a 'british schooled' master degree holder in a science-inclined course working in a major multinational company in Nigeria who bathed drank salt and feed her. Very young child salt in the child's cereal.......you see I'm a pacifist, I don't do violence, but I wanted to strangle the person......it was so DEPRESSING

Omg.. Oh well.. Now look at that...
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 12:55am On Aug 15, 2014
I just wonder how that nysc DG will sleep tonight.. If I wasn't posted to Adamawa in the first place I'll probably be in camp right now.. But you know what they say; God knows best... Goodnight
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 12:57am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola: I just wonder how that nysc DG will sleep tonight.. If I wasn't posted to Adamawa in the first place I'll probably be in camp right now.. But you know what they say; God knows best... Goodnight
. Goodnight my dear........but one thing is for certain......THE NYSC DG WOULD SLEEP VERY WELL THIS NIGHT.......that I can ASSURE YOU
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 15, 2014
prixxy7: Wondering wats goin to become of batch C. Lol!
well... Nothing i guess... They wont stop d whole batch c because of ebola. Like they are not even stopping all the stream 2 corpers.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 1:01am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . Goodnight my dear........but one thing is for certain......THE NYSC DG WOULD SLEEP VERY WELL THIS NIGHT.......that I can ASSURE YOU

That's the sad part, but if he does sleep well, I hope he wakes up with a terrible headache.. Cuz a little part of my life has been literally put on hold with this nysc that I did not want to do in the first place.... I'm so upset
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by dotchez(f): 1:01am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: plz dear you are d only 1 who watched it live,plz break d news down,did d DG say osun,lagos and kogi are nt involved? Plz clear the air,people are just speculatin and i hate rumourz!
he said all stream 2 are on hold but ait listed all the states excluding lag and osun. my opinion o all stream including lag and osun. according to the dg statement

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by dotchez(f): 1:06am On Aug 15, 2014
Mannylex:

lol, wetin i wan talk again na?
Am just trying to give myself hope. . . Because I am so sure that if stream 2 is postponed due to ebola fears, then there is no way Lagos can escape it(though I pray we do)...
... Till this moment no one but the NYSC DG knows why lagos, osun and kogi was skipped.

the dg didnt skip any state, dont get it wrong it was ait that wrote some states and left some out.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by dotchez(f): 1:17am On Aug 15, 2014
Let us not panic over this abeg. Everything is working for our own good. That long strike last year was for a reason, having 2 streams this year is for a reason, and for this now it is also for a reason. Allow God's plans for us work,stop murmuring a lot of pple died,most of ur course mates r no more,som got extension,som not goin for dis batch. We might go to the camp and a whole lot of us get infected(I reject it), not like I'm saying we can't get it in d market or oother gatherings,bt @least we can prevent ourselves from a whole lot of stuff, but camp where 30-50 pple stay 2geda in one small room small mistkae touching na ebola o. Make una nor vex. What will be will be. If u don't understand me nor vex ignore

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Valentinooo: 3:40am On Aug 15, 2014
Sowl:
I heard camp 4 stream 2 corpers as been cancelled due 2d rampant outbreak of d ebola virus plz hw tru is dis? @peeps
hehehe. No go start wetin you no fit finish o grin
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 6:14am On Aug 15, 2014
I just hate rumors....this is what the man said. www.punchng.com/news/ebola-nysc-camps-well-equipped-says-dg/
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: I just hate rumors....this is what the man said. www.punchng.com/news/ebola-nysc-camps-well-equipped-says-dg/

Lol.. Please don't get excited unnecessarily... He did say the stream 2 might be put on hold just like schools resumption have been put on hold. That there is a different news entirely.. Thank you
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 6:45am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

Lol.. Please don't get excited unnecessarily... He did say the stream 2 might be put on hold just like schools resumption have been put on hold. That there is a different news entirely.. Thank you

now you guys are introducing"might"well that's what I saw!
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 6:50am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: now you guys are introducing"might"well that's what I saw!

I watched the news and that's what he said, it's not a rumour. He said 'we are likely to' so please don't confuse people. for now it's been put on hold, I believe before September 1 we will get fresh updates.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by emeka51: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Yesterday the DG of Nysc was in Delta state to
address corpers in the camp. He didn't talk about
suspension of stream || instead he said Nysc camp
clinics are ready to address any issue of Ebola.
Pls let's read today papers. Daily post carry's this
news
The management of the National Youth Service
Corps, (NYSC) says it has put strategies in place to
make state governments consider NYSC camps in
their the campaign against the Ebola Virus Disease.
The Director General of the NYSC, Brig. Gen.
Johnson Olawumi, who stated this on Thursday at
the Issele-Uku Orientation Camp, Delta State while
fielding questions from reporters, disclosed that the
NYSC scheme was in touch with all State
Commissioners of Health to incorporate NYSC
Camps into their contingency plans in case of any
suspected outbreak of Ebola or other communicable
diseases.
He added that all NYSC camp clinics had been
equipped with necessary facilities to allow the
medical personnel properly handle any suspected
patient, should the case arise
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 7:00am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

I watched the news and that's what he said, it's not a rumour. He said 'we are likely to' so please don't confuse people. for now it's been put on hold, I believe before September 1 we will get fresh updates.
I think you are the one confusing people here,I posted the link to what I saw in punch, btw,the other time you said the man said "might" now you are saying he said "we are likely to"(of which no one used those phrases initially)...after saying the DG said we are likely to,you went further to say "for now it's been put on hold" please tell me who is confusing people here! P.S...I didn't say he did or didn't or what you heard was wrong,I only posted what I saw in punch newspaper this morning.....but going by your "might " and "we are likely to" I think you should settle down and verify more about the news..... N.B....I am not saying the news you heard is wrong or right!
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 7:08am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: I think you are the one confusing people here,I posted the link to what I saw in punch, btw,the other time you said the man said "might" now you are saying he said "we are likely to"(of which no one used those phrases initially)...after saying the DG said we are likely to,you went further to say "for now it's been put on hold" please tell me who is confusing people here! P.S...I didn't say he did or didn't or what you heard was wrong,I only posted what I saw in punch newspaper this morning.....but going by your "might " and "we are likely to" I think you should settle down and verify more about the news..... N.B....I am not saying the news you heard is wrong or right!

I heard "we are likely to" and yes you are confusing people by saying they're rumours. I even saw that punch update last night before saw the AIT news at midnight.. So you can like to chill and wait for further news updates
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Mannylex(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2014
emeka51: Yesterday the DG of Nysc was in Delta state to
address corpers in the camp. He didn't talk about
suspension of stream || instead he said Nysc camp
clinics are ready to address any issue of Ebola.
Pls let's read today papers. Daily post carry's this
news
The management of the National Youth Service
Corps, (NYSC) says it has put strategies in place to
make state governments consider NYSC camps in
their the campaign against the Ebola Virus Disease.
The Director General of the NYSC, Brig. Gen.
Johnson Olawumi, who stated this on Thursday at
the Issele-Uku Orientation Camp, Delta State while
fielding questions from reporters, disclosed that the
NYSC scheme was in touch with all State
Commissioners of Health to incorporate NYSC
Camps into their contingency plans in case of any
suspected outbreak of Ebola or other communicable
diseases.
He added that all NYSC camp clinics had been
equipped with necessary facilities to allow the
medical personnel properly handle any suspected
patient, should the case arise

Guy you didnt watch the news, so why are you doubting? Itz very obvious that this news was in relation to those already in camp, and how they would manage the disease in the camp, that doesnt relate to us.... Ours (stream 2) is a different news from this one, which was stated much later after the one that concerns the stream1 corpers.

I know itx frustrating, and we are desperate, but lets try to use our comprehension skills in juxtaposing information!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 7:11am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

I heard "we are likely to" and yes you are confusing people by saying they're rumours. I even saw that punch update last night before saw the AIT news at midnight.. So you can like to chill and wait for further news updates
ok
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 7:12am On Aug 15, 2014
Mannylex:

Guy you didnt watch the news, so why are you doubting? Itz very obvious that this news was in relation to those already in camp, and how they would manage the disease in the camp, that doesnt relate to us.... Ours (stream 2) is a different news from this one, which was stated much later after the one that concerns the stream1 corpers.

I know itx frustrating, and we are desperate, but lets try to use our comprehension skills in juxtaposing information!

Thank you Thank you and Thank you.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Na wa ooo, I hav always know dat this postponement of batch b from the normal june/July to August/sept wasn't a good idea. Now this yeye stream 2 has bin put on hold till God knows when...... Not just apy with the new development. I sha pray that this new Nonasilver drug will work..... Cos I hav bot everything I needed in camp.... They would hav just posted me to akwaibom instead of lagos oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (925) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House / NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members / Your NYSC Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.