Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,715 members, 7,938,178 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? (3975 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Do If You See This Message On Your Fiance's Phone? / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2008
Thank God you know the kind of girls you run into
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by cold(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2008
Gamine:

Thank God you know the kind of girls you run into

U sound very much like one.Tough on the outside-hollow on the inside.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2008
I sound like plastic.

Good to know that Nairaland now incorporates VoIP.

You are very smart my Brother Runner-into
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by cold(m): 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2008
I honestly thought u were a cut above the rest.I'm beginnin to have second thoughts.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2008
Nlanders must seize every opportunity to quarrel.
I wonder when pple's opinion will start bein' respected.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2008
@Cold

I honestly do not know who you are, i couldnt care about your thoughts

But your first impression is nothing to write to paiko about

undecided undecided
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2008
Missy B:

Nlanders must seize every opportunity to quarrel.
I wonder when people's opinion will start bein' respected.

Pls consider revising e.g. When will the opinion of others be respected. wink
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by cold(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2008
Well if it didn't matter u wld hav ignored it.Anyway bak to the subject at hand.So where were we?(no pun intended).
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

please consider revising e.g. When will the opinion of   others be respected. wink
Quote me anywhere boy. . . . My statement is RIGHT.
Can see you love your new job.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2008
Can see you love your new job.

wetin boredom no go cause? grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2008
@Cold

Seeing that you derailed it

Its mighty smart of you to put it back on track!
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2008
Gamine:

@Cold

Seeing that you derailed it

Its mighty smart of you to put it back on track!
Perhaps I should help him out to put it on rail my young lady.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2008
@ missB
Ciao mio principina, come stai oggi?
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2008
I know say na boredom cause am Idupaul. cheesy

Ozioma
Sto bene,Grazie.Come stai? kiss
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2008
Benissimo oggi, cosa hai fatto oggi che e sabato?
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2008
Niente.Ho dormito,mangiato e basta. cheesy
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
Speak english pls. I need to work
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2008
Attenti di non ingrassi,

Devo essere a milano settimane prosima per un convegno ma non loso ancora se devono spostarla a bologna.
Magare ci verdiamo a Milano.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

Speak english please. I need to work
Vai a fare n'culo stronzo.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2008
oziomatv:

Vai a fare n'culo stronzo.
Lmao. . . . .

Idupaul
Quit that yeye job. . . come and work for me
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by idupaul: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2008
Missy B:

Lmao. . . . .

Idupaul
Quit that yeye job. . . come and work for me

what kind of work will i be doing for u?

missy i will be back, need to run to church for evening mass: cheers grin grin
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

i will be back, need to run to church for evening mass: cheers grin grin
Make sure you're heading to church not ash, joint.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by MissyB1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

what kind of work will i be doing for u?

missy i will be back, need to run to church for evening mass: cheers grin grin
It's time to work for me. . . you wanno go to church. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aiight,don't forget to ask God for guidiance and skill to work well.
Of course. . . on my farm. . . ma cassava farm
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by oziomatv(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2008
sei in linea?
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:54pm On Oct 04, 2008
idupaul:

: your pidgin is even wrong: abi ooo seems more like it.

yea right, like i care.

duh whatever.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by richo(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2008
thiona u resemble american game banger cheesy cheesy
i like the blingage on ya neck
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by minute(f): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2008
Seems all she cares about is the ring. undecided undecided undecided

I would be happy with any ring my Fiance got me

Because it came from him. . . . .
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by k1banty(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2008
@poster

too bad.

14k gold ring is the standard (at least) for any average engagement ring. (unless the guy is seriously loaded)

Na common/fine/exclusive she wan chop?
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by Outstrip(f): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2008
I am glad I was never in her shoes sha. 14K is not bad but how many carats was the stone. This is my thing. He should have had an idea of what the woman likes before he bought it. At the very keast, he should have known if she is the white gold or yellow gold type. You have to actually put work into choosing the right engagement ring. You just don't pick one up. It signifies something big. This is my thing. It is better to ask her to marry you without a ring and then get her a reasonable one she likes when you can get it than to buy something that she would not ordinarily wear.

Everyone is different. To some people it is not a big deal and to some it is. I am just glad that my husband did his own research before he bought my ring. I appreciated his thoughtfulness because he certainly is not into that kind of stuff. His wedding band was like $100.00 but he took his time to pick out my engagement ring and even got the shape of the stone right and he got white gold too.

I don;t think the guy is a bad guy I just think he like most guys did not think it would be a big deal. He should not let this ruin a good relationship but he should let her know that he is dissapointed and that his feelings are hurt. She could then explain her feelings too.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by NoraNwagwu(f): 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
You guys must hear this. My friend is in deep waters now. I once thought she has a thick skin. Her guy wants out and now she is running helter skelter. When I scolded her for rejecting the ring, she made fun of me that if I lack sense of style, she doesn't. Now she called me up at work today and was asking me what she should do.

Please my people, wetin I go advice her? Lets help a sister out. I might even tell her about this post so she can read for herself your individual advices since she has an internet connection at her place of work.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by playahP(m): 2:01am On Oct 07, 2008
TO GAMINE

wat do u mean by ''pankere level'',
why can't u ladies ever work for urselves but instead y'all always depend on a guy to get everything for u,
, engagement ring is not marriage,she should have just accepted it but refuse marriage till he gets to atleast a higher level in life,

PLEAS CUT UR CLOTH ACCORDING TO UR SIZE COS CONTENT IS NATURAL WEALTH WHILE GREED IS ARTIFICIAL POVERTY.
Re: Ladies Will You Reject An Engagement Ring From Your Fiance? by k1banty(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2008
NoraNwagwu:

Her guy wants out and now she is running helter skelter.

very good. grin grin

tell her to buy another 14k engagement ring, apologise to her fiance and propose back to him in a more romantic way. That should get him.

otherwise

she can join the dating forum on NL (not too late)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Must You Date? / What Men Do That You Hate Most? / 19 Classes Of Singles (Guys & Ladies).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.