Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,716 members, 7,898,466 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 01:25 PM

Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka (8796 Views)

Obiano Flags Off Housing Estate Project, Inspects Ongoing Roads, Bridges (photos / Gov Willie Obiano's Legacy Projects In Awka photos / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
Governor Wil­lie Obiano of Anambra, has flagged off the construction of an ultra-modern complex to host the three arms of government, on a choice piece of land in Agu Awka, measuring 830 hectares.

Turning the sod at the con­struction as one of the legacy projects earmarked to sig­nal the commencement of a fresh set of projects to mark his first 100 days in office, Governor Obiano assured that the complex would be completed in one year.

Located on a magnifi­cent stretch of land with a commanding view of the sprawling plain, the complex nestles in the Greenwood Estate of the Awka Capital Territory.

Sizing up the real estate, Obiano directed that no tree located in the area should be felled by the construction company handling the build­ing of the complex unless it was absolutely necessary.

The governor also ruled against indiscriminate bush burning and any other un­toward practices that would affect the picturesque topog­raphy of the place and its se­rene surrounding.

According to him, the government would take seri­ous actions against anyone who indulged in practices that would discourage pri­vate developers from mov­ing into the surrounding ar­eas of the locality.

Speaking on the project, the Commissioner for Hous­ing, Hon. Lawrence Chin­wuba, said the project was the first of its kind in the state and would be delivered on schedule.

According to him, the project, especially the Three Arms Zone, namely the Government House, the Governor’s Lodge, the Ban­quet Hall and the House of Assembly, would be spon­sored by the government, but because of the massive na­ture of the project, investors were invited to participate in developing the greater part of the estate.

Said he: “It is a public-private partnership initiative, so it will involve other inves­tors to be able to deliver on the big picture.”

Similarly, Obiano has also flagged off the construction of three fly-overs between the Amawbia and Arroma end of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, a distance of about three kilometres with­in the Awka capital city.

The fly-overs, which will be constructed at Amawbia Junction, Kwata Junction and Arroma Junction, within the stretch, are estimated to cost the state N5billion.

Speaking on the proj­ects, Governor Obiano re­vealed that the three proj­ects which were awarded to an indigenous company, IDC Construction Limited, had a completion date of a year and were in fulfill­ment of his promise during the campaigns to transform Awka into a befitting capital of Anambra State, which would be comparable to any other capital in the advanced countries of the world.

The governor expressed confidence that with his commitment to transform Awka, it would be the envy of other states in Nigeria, adding that the Awka Capi­tal Development Authority was carrying out a compre­hensive master-plan of Awka that would make it one of the best cities in Africa.

He also revealed that his administration was build­ing a massive shopping complex, a five -star hotel and 5,000-capacity modern conference centre in Awka to shore up the status of the city.

“We want a capital city everybody will be proud of. Every road we construct must have street lights. I want the cooperation of the Awka people. Please, don’t disturb the contractors and their workers. Allow them free hand to do their job. All of us will benefit from the projects when completed,” he said.

The state Commissioner for Works, Hon. Callistus Ilozumba, who also spoke at the flag-off ceremony, said the projects would be completed on schedule and assured that the state govern­ment, would pay the contrac­tor as and when due, add­ing that the project would change the entire skyline of Awka and its environs.

He also revealed that the state government had awarded the reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea section of the Enugu-Onit­sha Expressway at a cost of N9 billion

Chief Victor Umeh, APGA national chairman, who also spoke, used the occasion to enjoin members of Anam­bra State House of Assem­bly, who were not elected on APGA platform, to join hands with the state govern­ment to enable better devel­opment of the state.

Umeh used the occasion to wave the olive branch to par­ty members, saying he had no malice against anybody. He reiterated his commit­ment to ensure that APGA wins all the seats in Anam­bra State and other states in the 2015 general elections, adding that the unity of the party was paramount in his administration of the party.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=69374

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
So this is the sort of news u search for undecided
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2014
Anambra is where the action is!

Developing all sectors and economy simultaneously!

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Anambra is where the action is!

Developing all sectors and economy simultaneously!

undecided undecided
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by FreeGlobe(f): 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chino, I knew you couldn't wait to post this. grin grin
This is good. Thumbs up to obiano. This is what we have been asking for, for Awka. This will expand the whole place

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
grin grin

FreeGlobe: Chino, I knew you couldn't wait to post this. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
Greenwood City- Awka is engineered to be among the Africa's top and foremost cities for international tourism because of its serenity and aesthetics!

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Pls, tell obiano that Awka is not fit to be a capital city. Would have loved to post pictures here but some people would get the wrong idea. Anambra roads are too narrow. The roads peter obi claimed to build have already disintegrated ie ifite road, Agbero all ova d place collecting money from okada riders. Obiano should really face Awka, pls.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by seunfly: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
fine, it seems this man want to outdo peter.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
Trash!!

Anambra as a state has the best road network traversing the entire state and not just the urban centers!

When last did you visit Anambra particularly Awka and Onitsha? Say what you know because I am on the ground and I have pix more than you do. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! With the addition of the upcoming Greenwood city-Awka, then the entire place will be bomb!

[s]
liberty300: Pls, tell obiano that Awka is not fit to be a capital city. Would have loved to post pictures here but some people would get the wrong idea. Anambra roads are too narrow. The roads peter obi claimed to build have already disintegrated ie ifite road, Agbero all ova d place collecting money from okada riders. Obiano should really face Awka, pls.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by FreeGlobe(f): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
seunfly: fine, it seems this man want to outdo peter.
he has already outdone peter
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by ACM10: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Chino, I bet that your Chinolization and Chinology handles are gone. I hope you don't create more cheesy
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
What can I do than to take NL to court? cool

ACM10: Chino, I bet that your Chinolization and Chinology handles are gone. I hope you don't create more cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by seunfly: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
FreeGlobe:
he has already outdone peter
haaahaa!!! In how many months?
Anyway i like that type of competition instead of stealing competition we are used to.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
what happened to the other government house of anambra state?
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by feedthenation(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
It so amazing that all newly elected-governors in this nation are known for one thing within the first 100 days of their administration - building of fly-overs, which will be named after their so-called political godfathers.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by NwaNimo1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Governor Wil­lie Obiano of Anambra, has flagged off the construction of an ultra-modern complex to host the three arms of government, on a choice piece of land in Agu Awka, measuring 830 hectares.

Turning the sod at the con­struction as one of the legacy projects earmarked to sig­nal the commencement of a fresh set of projects to mark his first 100 days in office, Governor Obiano assured that the complex would be completed in one year.

Located on a magnifi­cent stretch of land with a commanding view of the sprawling plain, the complex nestles in the Greenwood Estate of the Awka Capital Territory.

Sizing up the real estate, Obiano directed that no tree located in the area should be felled by the construction company handling the build­ing of the complex unless it was absolutely necessary.

The governor also ruled against indiscriminate bush burning and any other un­toward practices that would affect the picturesque topog­raphy of the place and its se­rene surrounding.

According to him, the government would take seri­ous actions against anyone who indulged in practices that would discourage pri­vate developers from mov­ing into the surrounding ar­eas of the locality.

Speaking on the project, the Commissioner for Hous­ing, Hon. Lawrence Chin­wuba, said the project was the first of its kind in the state and would be delivered on schedule.

According to him, the project, especially the Three Arms Zone, namely the Government House, the Governor’s Lodge, the Ban­quet Hall and the House of Assembly, would be spon­sored by the government, but because of the massive na­ture of the project, investors were invited to participate in developing the greater part of the estate.

Said he: “It is a public-private partnership initiative, so it will involve other inves­tors to be able to deliver on the big picture.”

Similarly, Obiano has also flagged off the construction of three fly-overs between the Amawbia and Arroma end of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, a distance of about three kilometres with­in the Awka capital city.

The fly-overs, which will be constructed at Amawbia Junction, Kwata Junction and Arroma Junction, within the stretch, are estimated to cost the state N5billion.

Speaking on the proj­ects, Governor Obiano re­vealed that the three proj­ects which were awarded to an indigenous company, IDC Construction Limited, had a completion date of a year and were in fulfill­ment of his promise during the campaigns to transform Awka into a befitting capital of Anambra State, which would be comparable to any other capital in the advanced countries of the world.

The governor expressed confidence that with his commitment to transform Awka, it would be the envy of other states in Nigeria, adding that the Awka Capi­tal Development Authority was carrying out a compre­hensive master-plan of Awka that would make it one of the best cities in Africa.

He also revealed that his administration was build­ing a massive shopping complex, a five -star hotel and 5,000-capacity modern conference centre in Awka to shore up the status of the city.

“We want a capital city everybody will be proud of. Every road we construct must have street lights. I want the cooperation of the Awka people. Please, don’t disturb the contractors and their workers. Allow them free hand to do their job. All of us will benefit from the projects when completed,” he said.

The state Commissioner for Works, Hon. Callistus Ilozumba, who also spoke at the flag-off ceremony, said the projects would be completed on schedule and assured that the state govern­ment, would pay the contrac­tor as and when due, add­ing that the project would change the entire skyline of Awka and its environs.

He also revealed that the state government had awarded the reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea section of the Enugu-Onit­sha Expressway at a cost of N9 billion

Chief Victor Umeh, APGA national chairman, who also spoke, used the occasion to enjoin members of Anam­bra State House of Assem­bly, who were not elected on APGA platform, to join hands with the state govern­ment to enable better devel­opment of the state.

Umeh used the occasion to wave the olive branch to par­ty members, saying he had no malice against anybody. He reiterated his commit­ment to ensure that APGA wins all the seats in Anam­bra State and other states in the 2015 general elections, adding that the unity of the party was paramount in his administration of the party.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=69374

Pathetic - last time I checked govt house awka was brand new!

Is this man's 'Ego' starting to come out?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2014
What is brand new?

That one was built as a tempsite in 2004 by Mbadinuju.

The present administration is now building a permanent and worldclass befitting Three Arms Zone in an expansive and serene Greenwood city- Awka!

Nwa_Nimo:

Pathetic - last time I checked govt house awka was brand new!

Is this man's 'Ego' starting to come out?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Greenwood City- Awka is engineered to be the among the Africa's top and foremost cities for international tourism because of its serenity!

Guy,can you post that speech Chimamanda Adichie delivered at Obiano 100days in Office lecture?
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
FreeGlobe: Chino, I knew you couldn't wait to post this. grin grin
This is good. Thumbs up to obiano. This is what we have been asking for, for Awka. This will expand the whole place

You see,there won't be any fight if you keep your comments this clean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2014
Evergreen123: what happened to the other government house of anambra state?

That one is makeshift....now,we want to take it a step higher. Anambra is witnessing a silent revolution. Obiano di three much.....Thanks to Chief Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwanne I am still searching for the speech, will post it once I hit it!

Odenigbo Aroli:

Guy,can you post that speech Chimamanda Adichie delivered at Obiano 100days in Office lecture?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Trash!!

Anambra as a state has the best road network traversing the entire state and not just the urban centers!

When last did you visit Anambra particularly Awka and Onitsha? Say what you know because I am on the ground and I have pix more than you do. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! With the addition of the upcoming Greenwood city-Awka, then the entire place will be bomb!

[s][/s]
Bro, calm down. I was in Awka yesterday. Went to onitsha(awka road, federal housing etc) then awka (zik avenue, ifite, amawbia). Was a bit disappointed mean. Go to ifite ma guy and see. Even government house, awka road was/is an eyesore.

I was disappointed cos I know Anambra can do so much better. Even abakaliki is well planned than awka. Wide roads, street side walks etc
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Nwanne I am still searching for the speech, will post it once I hit it!

Ok,please.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2014
liberty300: Bro, calm down. I was in Awka yesterday. Went to onitsha(awka road, federal housing etc) then awka (zik avenue, ifite, amawbia). Was a bit disappointed mean. Go to ifite ma guy and see. Even government house, awka road was/is an eyesore.

I was disappointed cos I know Anambra can do so much better. Even abakaliki is well planned than awka. Wide roads, street side walks etc

Guy,go and sit down. Its not that bad,biko. Another bad belle on the loose.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
Yet another trash!

Like as I have said and I will keep telling you, Anambra has the best road network traversing all parts of the state and not just the urban centers. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today. Deal with it bro! Take your frustration elsewhere or go back to that your farmland and rural area called abakaliki! cheesy

The present Anambra Government House even beats some around but we are building a world-class one now in an expansive Greenwood City- Awka.

Anambra adigo mma!

[s]
liberty300: Bro, calm down. I was in Awka yesterday. Went to onitsha(awka road, federal housing etc) then awka (zik avenue, ifite, amawbia). Was a bit disappointed mean. Go to ifite ma guy and see. Even government house, awka road was/is an eyesore.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by seunfly: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
Though i aplaude obiano for his project in anambra, but i don't like any governor building new government house, i would have wished that d money should be use to support industrial base infrastructural development, since anambra is a well know industrial state. Anyway who am i to talk when anambra people are in support the project.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
What we use to have is more or less a temporary site built around 2004 but now we have decided to build another befitting of a state as Anambra - The Light of the Nation!

seunfly: Though i aplaude obiano for his project in anambra, but i don't like any governor building new government house, i would have wished that d money should be use to support industrial base infrastural development, since anambra is a well know industrial state. Anyway who am i to talk when anambra people are in supports the project.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by idumuose(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Three flyovers for N5billion? I smell fraud
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
There are flyovers* and there are flyovers! And this will include the further expansion/dualization of the adjoining roads and infrastructure!

Obiano is a man marked for top-notch and excellence.

idumuose: Three flyovers for N5billion? I smell fraud

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by idumuose(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: There are flyovers* and there are flyovers!

Obiano is a man marked for top-notch and excellence.

One flyover will be constructed at the cost of N1.6Billion and you are not asking questions.

Even if central cooling system and escalators will be installed in each of the flyovers,the cost

Is still outrageous.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by bestview: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
Its not just the flyover; the adjoining roads will be expanded/dualized and other infrastructures surrounding the flyovers! I equally found out that one of the flyovers will be in form of a tunnel!

idumuose:
One flyover will be constructed at the cost of N1.6Billion and you are not asking questions.

Even if central cooling system and escalators will be installed in each of the flyovers,the cost

Is still outrageous.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beasts Of No Nation - Animal Can't Dash Me HUMAN RIGHTS / 2019: Sowore Gets Support From Home Front / IGP Grants Ugwuanyi’s Request For More Personnel, Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.