Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,737 members, 7,898,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka (8798 Views)

Obiano Flags Off Housing Estate Project, Inspects Ongoing Roads, Bridges (photos / Gov Willie Obiano's Legacy Projects In Awka photos / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by idumuose(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Its not just the flyover; the adjoining roads will be expanded/dualized and other infrastructures surrounding the flyovers! I equally found out that one of the flyovers will be in form of a tunnel!

Kita ka i kowatara ya ofuma.Now i understand.Success to Obiano,success to ndi Awka,success to ndi Anambra.#unfollows thread wth relief#

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwanne howfar

thank God the laughing GIF and Obama survived NL APC attack

rash
bestview: Its not just the flyover; the adjoining roads will be expanded/dualized and other infrastructures surrounding the flyovers! I equally found out that one of the flyovers will be in form of a tunnel!

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
grin grin grin grin

Nwanne mu adi kwam okay..the e-tsunami was so much!

Buddah Monk: Nwanne howfar

thank God the laughing GIF and Obama survived NL APC attack

rash

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nnewi1stSon: 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
Feels so good to be back on Nairaland... Chino nwanne i missed you ooo... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2014
Udo!

Nnewi1stSon: Feels so good to be back on Nairaland... Chino nwanne i missed you ooo... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by aresa: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
bestview: Governor Wil­lie Obiano of Anambra, has flagged off the construction of an ultra-modern complex to host the three arms of government, on a choice piece of land in Agu Awka, measuring 830 hectares.

Turning the sod at the con­struction as one of the legacy projects earmarked to sig­nal the commencement of a fresh set of projects to mark his first 100 days in office, Governor Obiano assured that the complex would be completed in one year.

Located on a magnifi­cent stretch of land with a commanding view of the sprawling plain, the complex nestles in the Greenwood Estate of the Awka Capital Territory.

Sizing up the real estate, Obiano directed that no tree located in the area should be felled by the construction company handling the build­ing of the complex unless it was absolutely necessary.

The governor also ruled against indiscriminate bush burning and any other un­toward practices that would affect the picturesque topog­raphy of the place and its se­rene surrounding.

According to him, the government would take seri­ous actions against anyone who indulged in practices that would discourage pri­vate developers from mov­ing into the surrounding ar­eas of the locality.

Speaking on the project, the Commissioner for Hous­ing, Hon. Lawrence Chin­wuba, said the project was the first of its kind in the state and would be delivered on schedule.

According to him, the project, especially the Three Arms Zone, namely the Government House, the Governor’s Lodge, the Ban­quet Hall and the House of Assembly, would be spon­sored by the government, but because of the massive na­ture of the project, investors were invited to participate in developing the greater part of the estate.

Said he: “It is a public-private partnership initiative, so it will involve other inves­tors to be able to deliver on the big picture.”

Similarly, Obiano has also flagged off the construction of three fly-overs between the Amawbia and Arroma end of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, a distance of about three kilometres with­in the Awka capital city.

The fly-overs, which will be constructed at Amawbia Junction, Kwata Junction and Arroma Junction, within the stretch, are estimated to cost the state N5billion.

Speaking on the proj­ects, Governor Obiano re­vealed that the three proj­ects which were awarded to an indigenous company, IDC Construction Limited, had a completion date of a year and were in fulfill­ment of his promise during the campaigns to transform Awka into a befitting capital of Anambra State, which would be comparable to any other capital in the advanced countries of the world.

The governor expressed confidence that with his commitment to transform Awka, it would be the envy of other states in Nigeria, adding that the Awka Capi­tal Development Authority was carrying out a compre­hensive master-plan of Awka that would make it one of the best cities in Africa.

He also revealed that his administration was build­ing a massive shopping complex, a five -star hotel and 5,000-capacity modern conference centre in Awka to shore up the status of the city.

“We want a capital city everybody will be proud of. Every road we construct must have street lights. I want the cooperation of the Awka people. Please, don’t disturb the contractors and their workers. Allow them free hand to do their job. All of us will benefit from the projects when completed,” he said.

The state Commissioner for Works, Hon. Callistus Ilozumba, who also spoke at the flag-off ceremony, said the projects would be completed on schedule and assured that the state govern­ment, would pay the contrac­tor as and when due, add­ing that the project would change the entire skyline of Awka and its environs.

He also revealed that the state government had awarded the reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea section of the Enugu-Onit­sha Expressway at a cost of N9 billion

Chief Victor Umeh, APGA national chairman, who also spoke, used the occasion to enjoin members of Anam­bra State House of Assem­bly, who were not elected on APGA platform, to join hands with the state govern­ment to enable better devel­opment of the state.

Umeh used the occasion to wave the olive branch to par­ty members, saying he had no malice against anybody. He reiterated his commit­ment to ensure that APGA wins all the seats in Anam­bra State and other states in the 2015 general elections, adding that the unity of the party was paramount in his administration of the party.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=69374

LOL.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by otokx(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2014
idumuose:
One flyover will be constructed at the cost of N1.6Billion and you are not asking questions.

Even if central cooling system and escalators will be installed in each of the flyovers,the cost

Is still outrageous.

Na dem choppings dey o.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
.....I'm so disappointed that we have yet another governor who thinks that flyovers makes for a world class city.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Frankenstein: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
bestview: Yet another trash!

Like as I have said and I will keep telling you, Anambra has the best road network traversing all parts of the state and not just the urban centers. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today. Deal with it bro! Take your frustration elsewhere or go back to that your farmland and rural area called abakaliki! cheesy

The present Anambra Government House even beats some around but we are building a world-class one now in an expansive Greenwood City- Awka.

Anambra adigo mma!

[s][/s]
Mention one road in Awka with actual walkways and closed drainage system. There's no functioning water scheme and waste disposal system. Peter Obi failed to complete the Imo-Awka water scheme and the only place ANSEPA takes care of is Ziks Avenue. So many residential areas with inaccessible roads cos of no local govt chairmen.
Talk about a mythical Greenwood city is not considered as a development.
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by TabletMan: 12:09am On Jun 30, 2014
I tire for peter obi and Obiano oh.
So for eight years, none of this two foolish governors will build or renovate the ajoining streets of main market. 991 are falling on main roads due to bad state of roads. Bida and niger street are the only manageable roads that leads to main market.
This obiano even abandon the road that was started by peter obi and now the road is turning into something else. For 9 years no standard road has been constructed in onitsha.
Peter has finish constructing the rural roads why won't obiano start the city roads?
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by eaglechild: 2:40am On Jun 30, 2014
Good projects
I just hope they see the light of day.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by cjrane: 2:53am On Jun 30, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

.....I'm so disappointed that we have yet another governor who thinks that flyovers makes for a world class city.
I can't believe this MOBJECTIVE statement! I thought he was from Anambra? Nigerians never cease to amaze me when they open their mouths in matters they know next to nothing about! I can even try to understand if his statement was made for Abuja, PH or Lagos that largely function with basic infrastructure, NOT AWKA!!!

So, Awka that has NOTHING and it's geographically disadvantaged by being perfectly bisected by the busy Enugu-Onitsha expressway, which has frustrated every real attempts to develop the New Capital territory located on the UNIZIK side of the expressway, because people are terrified to cross the extremely busy expressway by literally running or driving across fast oncoming vehicles from Enugu.
Gov. Obiano identified this major obstacle to the city's development, which was also contained in the Habitat for Humanity masterplan for Awka city. Which stipulated at least 3 flyovers must be constructed at various points over the busy Enugu-Onitsha Expressway to link the old town to the New Capital territory on the opposite side of the expressway. A similar recommendation was also made for atleast 2 flyovers across the busy expressway at Onitsha, the first one will link MCC road to Oraifite street in Awada and Another at Uga Junction linking Atani road.

Gov. Obiano has showed great foresight to invest into solving this man-made obstacle in development of the New Awka Capital Territory.
Anambra people often only appreciate good things when they see it in Abuja, Lagos or PH. When it is brought home to their state, they'd always have a really silly comment. As Albert Einstein puts it;

" Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". - Albert Einstein

Perhaps Gov. Obiano will serve Anambra better by donating the money to APC and defecting to that party or better still embarking on senseless foreign travels to Dubai and other parts of the middle east to chase elusive foreign investors as a certain SE governor has specialized. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by AustineE1: 3:59am On Jun 30, 2014
I just pray this job get done in one year,as promised by the governor...but i have my own reservations in regards to awarding such magnificient contracts to local contractors,past experience tells us a lot.
And for Obiano,we are solidly behind you!

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2014
What crap is this clown talking about? What business do I have with you? The city has public water supply and growing massive infrastructural development. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! The city has some of the best hospitality industries and upcoming malls.

The ongoing Greenwood City- Awka will rank among the most beautiful and serene cities in Africa!

Anambra adigo mma!

[s]
Frankenstein: Mention one road in Awka with actual walkways and closed drainage system. There's no functioning water scheme and waste disposal system. Peter Obi failed to complete the Imo-Awka water scheme and the only place ANSEPA takes care of is Ziks Avenue. So many residential areas with inaccessible roads cos of no local govt chairmen.
Talk about a mythical Greenwood city is not considered as a development.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:00am On Jun 30, 2014
If you want to hide anything from a blackman put it in a book form! Some people never bothered to read up the UN-Habitat masterplan for Anambra cities. Those flyovers were clearly marked out in the UN masterplan for Anambra cities! Even more of such flyovers and infrastructures are still coming. Anambra cities are being developed to world class.

cjrane:
I can't believe this MOBJECTIVE statement! I thought he was from Anambra? Nigerians never cease to amaze me when they open their mouths in matters they know next to nothing about! I can even try to understand if his statement was made for Abuja, PH or Lagos that largely function with basic infrastructure, NOT AWKA!!!

So, Awka that has NOTHING and it's geographically disadvantaged by being perfectly bisected by the busy Enugu-Onitsha expressway, which has frustrated every real attempts to develop the New Capital territory located on the UNIZIK side of the expressway, because people are terrified to cross the extremely busy expressway by literally running or driving across fast oncoming vehicles from Enugu.
Gov. Obiano identified this major obstacle to the city's development, which was also contained in the Habitat for Humanity masterplan for Awka city. Which stipulated at least 3 flyovers must be constructed at various points over the busy Enugu-Onitsha Expressway to link the old town to the New Capital territory on the opposite side of the expressway. A similar recommendation was also made for atleast 2 flyovers across the busy expressway at Onitsha, the first one will link MCC road to Oraifite street in Awada and Another at Uga Junction linking Atani road.

Gov. Obiano has showed great foresight to invest into solving this man-made obstacle in development of the New Awka Capital Territory.
Anambra people often only appreciate good things when they see it in Abuja, Lagos or PH. When it is brought home to their state, they'd always have a really silly comment. As Albert Einstein puts it;

" Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". - Albert Einstein

Perhaps Gov. Obiano will serve Anambra better by donating the money to APC and defecting to that party or better still embarking on senseless foreign travels to Dubai and other parts of the middle east to chase elusive foreign investors as a certain SE governor has specialized. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:13am On Jun 30, 2014
Don't even get your point? Yes Peter Obi has done the rural roads, now as you can see Obiano is focusing all his strength on the urban centers to further expand the infrastructures. This thread is actually about his infrastructural expansion in Awka particularly. I thought you said you are in Onitsha? Bida, Okwei and Niger streets are at various degrees of completion. I will bring the pix when I visit Onitsha next weekend. Have you been to Onitsha Industrial Harbour to see the type of top-notch roads constructed there by Obi? You need to stop being petty!

Tablet Man: I tire for peter obi and Obiano oh.
So for eight years, none of this two foolish governors will build or renovate the ajoining streets of main market. 991 are falling on main roads due to bad state of roads. Bida and niger street are the only manageable roads that leads to main market.
This obiano even abandon the road that was started by peter obi and now the road is turning into something else. For 9 years no standard road has been constructed in onitsha.
Peter has finish constructing the rural roads why won't obiano start the city roads?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2014
chino24: What crap is this clown talking about? What business do I have with you? The city has public water supply and growing massive infrastructural development. Awka is among the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! The city has some of the best hospitality industry.

The ongoing Greenwood City- Awka will rank among the most beautiful and serene cities in Africa!

Anambra adigo mma!

from the way you talk, I can guess you are into anambra politics. My guy, tell anambra govt to develop awka, it's the worst capital in the east and you know so but you won't admit it. Am from anambra state so calm down, I know what am talking about
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2014
You are not from Anambra or you have not been to Awka for a very long time. The city is already being developed to a world-class by Obiano. Awka is amongst the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! Deal with it! cool

[s]
liberty300: from the way you talk, I can guess you are into anambra politics. My guy, tell anambra govt to develop awka, it's the worst capital in the east and you know so but you won't admit it. Am from anambra state so calm down, I know what am talking about
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 30, 2014
chino24: You are not from Anambra or you have not been to Awka for a very long time. The city is already being developed to a world-class by Obiano. Awka is amongst the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! Deal with it! cool

[s][/s]
I don't av to argue with you where am from. I work with amaku general hospital, I also work with pharmcies dere (peez,bichan etc) so calm down. Was in awka on thursday, wud be going to bak awka and take more pictures bro
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2014
Chino,that house you have up there is nice with green lush lawn.....I hope Awka starts looking like that in the next 8yrs.....Insha Allau!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2014
liberty300: I don't av to argue with you where am from. I work with amaku general hospital, I also work with pharmcies dere (peez,bichan etc) so calm down. Was in awka on thursday, wud be going to bak awka and take more pictures bro

Well,don't forget the pictures when you visits.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by londoner: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2014
This is quite an exciting opportunity for Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2014
You are no longer working else? When did you start working in ANSUTH, unlettered jobless clown? I will like to meet you to find out if you are a physically challenged (blind man). Email me when you arrive (chino.dyke@yahoo.com). I like being pragmatic in all that I do!

Awka remains one of the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! Deal with it!

liberty300: I don't av to argue with you where am from. I work with amaku general hospital, I also work with pharmcies dere (peez,bichan etc) so calm down. Was in awka on thursday, wud be going to bak awka and take more pictures bro

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2014
The ediot is either blind or something! I need to meet him to confirm if we have been chatting here with a physically challenged! cheesy

Odenigbo Aroli:

Well,don't forget the pictures when you visits.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2014
chino24: The ediot is either blind or something! I need to meet him to confirm if we have been chatting here with a physically challenged izza boy! cheesy

are insults really necessary? Calm down, I don't usually have to time for frivolities when I come to awka. I give obiano credit for d express he's building and that's all. Touts are all ova d streets in awka, the stopped d Okada dat I was on to collect money frm d rider. Ifite road is even messed up now
Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 7:58am On Jun 30, 2014
Sorry if I insulted you but you are behaving like a physically challenged person mentally..sorry oo! I say this because this thread is about the massive infrastructural development in Awka and you came with your incoherent comments to distort the peace we have here. Ifite road up to Amansea is undergoing reconstruction, I don't know where you are talking about? I have given out my email so we can do joint inspection but you are running already! There are no touts in Awka, maybe you are mistaking it for that your rural farmland you call state capital!

liberty300: are insults really necessary? Calm down, I don't usually have to time for frivolities when I come to awka. I give obiano credit for d express he's building and that's all. Touts are all ova d streets in awka, the stopped d Okada dat I was on to collect money frm d rider. Ifite road is even messed up now

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 8:03am On Jun 30, 2014
That is Awka! The place was where El rufai lodged during Anambra guber election last year. 8years is far because the city is already looking like that. In the next 8years you should be talking about looking like Dubai or something. The problem with our people is that we don't like taking pictures! Even the ongoing Greenwood City in Awka will make this pix look like a child's play!

Odenigbo Aroli: Chino,that house you have up there is nice with green lush lawn.....I hope Awka starts looking like that in the next 8yrs.....Insha Allau!

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Energito: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2014
Chino so Awka is now being developed by obiano under 3months abi?lie no fit you.Awka is still underdeveloped admit it.
chino24: You are not from Anambra or you have not been to Awka for a very long time. The city is already being developed to a world-class by Obiano. Awka is amongst the few fastest developing cities in Nigeria today! Deal with it! cool

[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by chino24: 8:25am On Jun 30, 2014
I didn't say it has developed like Dubai under 3 months. What I implied is that it is developing so fast!

Energito: Chino so Awka is now being developed by obiano under 3months abi?lie no fit you.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by ak47mann(m): 9:24am On Jun 30, 2014
This is a new Anambra state where roads are not only constructed to world standard but are swept and kept clean with beautification and street lightning. Security of lives and property is already guaranteed by the efforts of new governor Obiano of Anambra state cool

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by ak47mann(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2014
cool

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-Off Construction of Three Fly-Overs And Three Arms Zone in Awka by Energito: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2014
Anambra state lack road marking.
ak47mann: cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Influx Of Illegal Miners Into Osun Threatens Security / Okolie-Aboh Bags Chieftaincy Title: Don Okonkwo, Azubogu Celebrate Him / Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo: FG To Review Visa Policy To Attract Foreign Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.