Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,768 members, 7,979,652 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:36 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (567005 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
agent9:

D problem n confusion is dat d link to use each card is diff....

Exactly bro... However, I think it should be the e-bundle.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by sylvar02(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
patiently waiting..... Unilorin wake up pls
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
1boylikevhis: Some old Enemy from the 19th century

i have many enemies please be specific ..which one are you ??
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 9:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
A warri mum called her son
Akpors on
phone;
Akpors: Hello maleee
Mum: Akpors
that meat & fish don boil? Akpors: Yes oo
malee
Mum: Abeg implicate salt &
maggi,
attach oil, pepper & sentence
the crayfish
and other small small fish dem to
death ....then involve the
leaves ...after 10
mins, discharge the pot from fire.
You dey hear me so?
Akpors: yes malee ...shuoo, this
food go good to download with
Eba o!
Mum: No worry, i don already
detain some fufu for cooler... when time reach
we go give dem amnesty.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by agent9(m): 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
rkarang:

Exactly bro... However, I think it should be the e-bundle.

Yeah ....I tink so too
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yungchop: 9:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
Let me see you twe e rk twe.rk twe.rk! Do the boooooooty dance dance dance grin

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Niggafrosh(m): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
Some of you guys who are my friends on BBM hav been asking about the courses that you will offer in 100level. I have decided to post it here so others can gain from whatever I will say on it. For those of you in Medicine,Anatomy or physiology, and even in most science courses, you will take 17courses in 100level, 9 in first semester and 8 in second semester. Below is a list of the courses(codes and titles) and their credit units in bracket.
Phy115(2)---Mechanics and Properties of Matter 1
Phy125(3)---Heat,sound and optics.
Chm101(3)---
Zly101(2)---Introuctory Ecology
Zly103(3)---Animal diversity
Plb101(3)---Cell Biology
Gns101(3)---Use of English.

Chm101 can be a very dangerous course; don’t joke with it. Go for classes, even when asked to come by 6:00am, just go. Your Chm101 note is also very important. You can use lamlad Chemistry textbook(utme), Fundamental University Chemistry by Abass Vol.1, and probably Schaum’s outlines for chemistry. With those textbooks and your maximum attention in class, you aresure of an A. You might decide to get past questions too, but to be frank, they were of no help to me for Chm101.

Phy115 is a very simple course, if you have a good foundation. You may pass without attending lectures sef. Phy125 is the actual wahala. It’s the toughest course I did in first semester. The lecturers are so wicked. They can bombard your life with assignments. The course is also very wide, so to pass well, start preparing immediately. For this course, you will need Nelkon/Parker Physics Text and Schaum’s outlines for college physics because the note won’t be of much help. The course is really hard oo, but an A is very possible. You also have to treat past questions for your physics. Treat enough questions. Try to get questions from any source(MSS o, fellowships oo, CMDA oo, anyhow). Just treat questions.

Zly 101 is an A course, not bulky at all. You can finish the note in a day if you are fast but when examscome, the questions are really scary. When I did mine, I was so sure of myself after I read it; but on getting to CBT, it was another thing. One indian lecturer like dat took us one of the topics and his questions were really tough, God knows where he got them from. All you need to pass Zly101 is the note.
Zly 103 is also an A course. Many people fail this course because they feel they have to understand it very well. Be not deceived brethren, Zly103 is all about your cramming abilities. Cram it well. The course deals with the study of the animal kingdom in a evolutionary approach i.e, the study of animals from the lowest phylum to the highest phylum. The school has a comprehensive text on the course. It goes for 400naira only. Read it well, cram it and woth God on your side, you’re a is sure.

Plb101 is the simplest 100level course apart from GNS sha.. You will see people having lots of 90s...
All you need on the course is the note. The lecturers are also very good. So attend the classes; it will really help. For those of you in the medial line, please take this course serious. It’s a good foundation for histology and biochem(some of the courses in your preclinics).

GNS is also an A course. All you need do is read the text. You will also take a 6-hour lecture on the use of library and you will be given a text also. Read both texts well.

The other 2 courses are practicals(You haveto be serious with them ooooo)..If care is not taken, they can guide your path out of medical school. So, you have to take them very serious. They canbe really disastrous. I know you’ll understand when you resume.

The 2nd semester courses are
Phy142(2)---Nuclear and atomic physics
Phy152(3)---Electricity and Magnetism.
Chm112(2)---Organic Chemistry
Chm132(2)---Inorganic Chemitsry
Zly106---Mammalian forms and functions.
GNS112---Use of English. ; and 2 practical courses
I won’t talk on them because I believe by then, you would have been used to the system things are run in school

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by khassy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Torilo:

Everything is good khassy,have you been able to complete the clearance process?

Dnt mind me.. Hvnt even uploaded anytin.. Jus only paid acceptance fee nd left it dere... Would do it within d week sha
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Keyana(f): 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
so we are'nt going to be offerring maths, very poor. In our year 1, Is it that all science students are going to be receiving lectures in the same hall, or in our respective department!? @DrHesjay @OtherStalites
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Keyana: so we are'nt going to be offerring maths, very poor. In our year 1, Is it that all science students are going to be receiving lectures in the same hall, or in our respective department!? @DrHesjay @OtherStalites
you might do maths o ..depends on ur department... but medics dnt need maths..
wah department are you in
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by sylvar02(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
DrHesjay: you might do maths o ..depends on ur department... but medics dnt need maths..
wah department are you in

what about economics
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by hawtimolly(f): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Alimtoheeb: A warri mum called her son
Akpors on
phone;
Akpors: Hello maleee
Mum: Akpors
that meat & fish don boil? Akpors: Yes oo
malee
Mum: Abeg implicate salt &
maggi,
attach oil, pepper & sentence
the crayfish
and other small small fish dem to
death ....then involve the
leaves ...after 10
mins, discharge the pot from fire.
You dey hear me so?
Akpors: yes malee ...shuoo, this
food go good to download with
Eba o!
Mum: No worry, i don already
detain some fufu for cooler... when time reach
we go give dem amnesty.
loooool dis shii got me like cray *tears*lool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by folzz(f): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
rkarang:

Hey babe, it seems I know you wink Are you a LAUTECH applicant? If yes, you must be brilliant oo.

That same lady got Biochemistry but chose MBBS.
I dont think so.. I'm not a lautech applicant
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by walex2bad(m): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2014
DrHesjay: Some of you guys who are my friends on BBM hav been asking about the courses that you will offer in 100level. I have decided to post it here so others can gain from whatever I will say on it. For those of you in Medicine,Anatomy or physiology, and even in most science courses, you will take 17courses in 100level, 9 in first semester and 8 in second semester. Below is a list of the courses(codes and titles) and their credit units in bracket.
Chm101(3)---
Plb101(3)---Cell Biology

Chm101 can be a very dangerous course; don’t joke with it. Go for classes, even when asked to come by 6:00am, just go. Your Chm101 note is also very important. You can use lamlad Chemistry textbook(utme), Fundamental University Chemistry by Abass Vol.1, and probably Schaum’s outlines for chemistry. With those textbooks and your maximum attention in class, you aresure of an A. You might decide to get past questions too, but to be frank, they were of no help to me for Chm101.

Phy115 is a very simple course, if you have a good foundation. You may pass without attending lectures sef. Phy125 is the actual wahala. It’s the toughest course I did in first semester. The lecturers are so wicked. They can bombard your life with assignments. The course is also very wide, so to pass well, start preparing immediately. For this course, you will need Nelkon/Parker Physics Text and Schaum’s outlines for college physics because the note won’t be of much help. The course is really hard oo, but an A is very possible. You also have to treat past questions for your physics. Treat enough questions. Try to get questions from any source(MSS o, fellowships oo, CMDA oo, anyhow). Just treat questions.

Zly 101 is an A course, not bulky at all. You can finish the note in a day if you are fast but when examscome, the questions are really scary. When I did mine, I was so sure of myself after I read it; but on getting to CBT, it was another thing. One indian lecturer like dat took us one of the topics and his questions were really tough, God knows where he got them from. All you need to pass Zly101 is the note.
Zly 103 is also an A course. Many people fail this course because they feel they have to understand it very well. Be not deceived brethren, Zly103 is all about your cramming abilities. Cram it well. The course deals with the study of the animal kingdom in a evolutionary approach i.e, the study of animals from the lowest phylum to the highest phylum. The school has a comprehensive text on the course. It goes for 400naira only. Read it well, cram it and woth God on your side, you’re a is sure.

Plb101 is the simplest 100level course apart from GNS sha.. You will see people having lots of 90s...
All you need on the course is the note. The lecturers are also very good. So attend the classes; it will really help. For those of you in the medial line, please take this course serious. It’s a good foundation for histology and biochem(some of the courses in your preclinics).

GNS is also an A course. All you need do is read the text. You will also take a 6-hour lecture on the use of library and you will be given a text also. Read both texts well.

The other 2 courses are practicals(You haveto be serious with them ooooo)..If care is not taken, they can guide your path out of medical school. So, you have to take them very serious. They canbe really disastrous. I know you’ll understand when you resume.

I won’t talk on them because I believe by then, you would have been used to the system things are run in school

Men you just gave me nostalgia for PHY125.. I took that course with levity, because those lecturers were always freaking me out with thier mode of lecturing.. You go see formula @first u go wan cry.. I thank Jah I escaped It# grin

2nd semester physics are way more simpler.. Like Hesjay said if you have a strong foundation in physics, you won't find it difficult passing all your physics courses and maths(for those offering maths) except PHY12(probably)5, you have to read that one thoroughly.. I'm not trying to create fear in any1's mind ooh..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by hoodboi(m): 12:36am On Sep 09, 2014
Please I would like to know if any direct entry candidates have been considered?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by 1boylikevhis(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2014
wheesin:

i have many enemies please be specific ..which one are you ??
I am A Booty Sage
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Enano2baba(m): 8:03am On Sep 09, 2014
abeg are dere accounting and chemical engineering stalites here??
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Enano2baba(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2014
any accounting fresher here?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2014
DrHesjay: Some of you guys who are my friends on BBM hav been asking about the courses that you will offer in 100level. I have decided to post it here so others can gain from whatever I will say on it. For those of you in Medicine,Anatomy or physiology, and even in most science courses, you will take 17courses in 100level, 9 in first semester and 8 in second semester. Below is a list of the courses(codes and titles) and their credit units in bracket.
Chm101(3)---
Plb101(3)---Cell Biology

I love DrHesjay! I'm looking forward to meeting someone like him in Business Administration Department.

Sir, I'm wishing success in all your endeavors. May the merciful God continue to bless you, sir!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2014
folzz: I dont think so.. I'm not a lautech applicant

Oh my! I thought you were.... Apparently LASU threw those excellent MBBS applicants to Biochem.... So I've you accepted it?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2014
1boylikevhis: I am A Booty Sage

whatever..GFYs..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 9:39am On Sep 09, 2014
i commented twice am so sorry
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2014
drhesjay please gimme courses for common law students
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by folzz(f): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2014
rkarang:

Oh my! I thought you were.... Apparently LASU threw those excellent MBBS applicants to Biochem.... So I've you accepted it?
hmm,I did..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Teephar(f): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2014
folzz: hmm,I did..
lol ... We r missing u
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2014
folzz: hmm,I did..

Wise decision! UNILORIN too will pay off....

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by happiness2020(f): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2014
hadeyrowju: Please has anybody been cleared? If yes, how long did it take before you got cleared? Becos this clearance stuff want to gimme HBP oooooo.
no be only you ooo!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by happiness2020(f): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2014
The gurus in the house pls help your fellow brother, i need to know the courses i am going to offer in first semester my course is finance.... Anticipating your useful replies.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2014
Akpos call customer care by
1am. After
30mins of advert finally
akpos comes
on line. Customer care ...hello
this
kingsley from mtn customer
care how
can I help u. Akpos..god punish
u.
Customer care...sorry sir dats
not polite wats the problem
akpors..na me u de
ask? Check ur time wetin de
nack
customer care ..sir dis 1:30am.
Akpos..so why u no dey sleep
u
bewinch? Customer care..no sir
am not a.
wizard. Akpos...den wetin u be
others neva sleep finish?
Customer care..sir pls
go straight to the reason why
u called
Akpos..ok. I get#99 for my
fone abeg
transfer me #1 naira make I
take make
midnight call.
one word for Akpos........
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Ojuorlapee.....u are wlcm (to/on) nairaland....hope u find it interesting.....linguistics in †ђξ building, is it on or to
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Mehnnnn.... God is great ooooo!

A lady got 207 in UTME & 8% in PUTME ---UNILORIN; MASSCOM

Fortunately for her, she applied for LASU PUTME, passed and got her most preferred course, MASSCOM.

Now I can say it again and again that it pays to put one's eggs in different baskets and watch them hatch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (434) (Reply)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.