Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (554272 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Vicxp(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Anyone with a nice accomodation self contain ranging from 50k- 60k should pls whatsapp this no 08144904371 Asap.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
tbabstobadt:
what did they say?.:->
do I rily nid 2 explain it b4 u can decode?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tbabstobadt(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Idboyostic: do I rily nid 2 explain it b4 u can decode?
i get ur point buh u made it too detrimental...
What u wrote literally means ''only comp sci students'' finds d course to be difficult, of which i am one.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
rkarang:

Successful DE applicants will be sentenced to 200lv with hard labour cheesy

Good evening, sir!

Lol...Good evening bro
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
rkarang: @Abasstoheeb, how have you been?
Am 5n,dis days is diff wit our Exam,jst hopin 4 d Best sha
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Teephar(f): 9:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
folzz: gerraway joor..
. Lol Na ilorin dey delay jawe

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
yungchop: basic medical sciences olodo rabata tongue folzz. Baby kiss
Meeeee? Don't wori i wil kip dis word til i saw u @BBF to discipline you
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls hpe BMS ar nt offering dat Phy152
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Bathedoski,wats yor jamb and PUME scr
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by bethedoski(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abasstoheeb: Pls wats d meaning of BMS
BMS means Basic Medical Sciences, which in Unilorin, is a faculty that comprises anatomy and physiology departments
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
a beg is unilorin not admitting D.E students?... abi
why a Neva c any D.E aspirants share testimony...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by bethedoski(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
Abasstoheeb: @Bathedoski,wats yor jamb and PUME scr
254 and 80% respectively
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
I DON’T NEED TO BE A GRADUATE TO KNOW
THAT: Am
not going to vote for someone who once had no
shoes and
no school bag as a student but now has lots of
shoes and
bags but made student go on strike for about
Eight (cool
Months. NEVER Am not going to vote for
someone who
couldn’t rescue about 230 girls but still has
plans to rule a
country of about one hundred and sixty million
(160
million) people. NEVER Am not going to vote for
a grown
up man who took advice from a Seventeen (17)
year old
girl before he could make his own decisions.
NEVER Am
not going to vote for a Black Commander of an
Army who
brought white marine soldiers to do his job and
yet
nothing was done. NEVER Am not going to vote
for a
government who couldn’t provide a job for my
Elder sister
who has a Masters Degree.NEVER Finally, am
Never going
to vote for anybody who needs One Billion
American
Dollars to solve an insurgency while the ordinary
man on
the street ‘no even get hundred naira to take
chop’. NEVER
Am a good Nigerian who needs change, am tired
of
hardship and am tired of deceit. You can scold
me for
speaking the truth, don’t forget truth is always
bitter, All I
need is CHANGE and nothing else…Corruption in
all facet
killing development efforts,mass killing of
Northern
Christians in Churches and Muslims in mosque,
we are blessed citixens of dis country , lets stand
up and say NO to violence and corruption......
vote wisely

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Idboyostic(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
tbabstobadt:
i get ur point buh u made it too detrimental...
What u wrote literally means ''only comp sci students'' finds d course to be difficult, of which i am one.
no bro, u dint deduce very well. Most of my friends that lamented about 152 were mostly CSC student's.....just got lik 2 or 3 from science
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
bethedoski:
Many Thanks for this revealing explanation. Actually, I was offered physiology despite my high Jamb and p-utme scores but i was told my being an Enugu indigene(out of catchment area) was what worked against me. With God's help I hope to cross over to Medicine but am still afraid if my being an Eastherner will still impair that. I'm still baffled that a school of that hierarchy would't admit on Merit for such a course. GRACIAS once again and I pray you excel in all your endeavours!!!
The 10 of you that will make it will be chosen strictly on merit..
I tell u... its not rili easy ooo.. but God dey...
maybe if we meet... we can talk better on it.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
bobolathefirst:

Hmmm...so where will the DE students fit in?
there is space for d.e peepz na...
our quota is 150.. but unilorin takes just 120-130 on utme ...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jnewton1997(m): 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
DrHesjay: Some of you guys who are my friends on BBM hav been asking about the courses that you will offer in 100level. I have decided to post it here so others can gain from whatever I will say on it. For those of you in Medicine,Anatomy or physiology, and even in most science courses, you will take 17courses in 100level, 9 in first semester and 8 in second semester. Below is a list of the courses(codes and titles) and their credit units in bracket.
Phy115(2)---Mechanics and Properties of Matter 1
Phy125(3)---Heat,sound and optics.
Chm101(3)---
Zly101(2)---Introuctory Ecology
Zly103(3)---Animal diversity
Plb101(3)---Cell Biology
Gns101(3)---Use of English.

Chm101 can be a very dangerous course; don’t joke with it. Go for classes, even when asked to come by 6:00am, just go. Your Chm101 note is also very important. You can use lamlad Chemistry textbook(utme), Fundamental University Chemistry by Abass Vol.1, and probably Schaum’s outlines for chemistry. With those textbooks and your maximum attention in class, you aresure of an A. You might decide to get past questions too, but to be frank, they were of no help to me for Chm101.

Phy115 is a very simple course, if you have a good foundation. You may pass without attending lectures sef. Phy125 is the actual wahala. It’s the toughest course I did in first semester. The lecturers are so wicked. They can bombard your life with assignments. The course is also very wide, so to pass well, start preparing immediately. For this course, you will need Nelkon/Parker Physics Text and Schaum’s outlines for college physics because the note won’t be of much help. The course is really hard oo, but an A is very possible. You also have to treat past questions for your physics. Treat enough questions. Try to get questions from any source(MSS o, fellowships oo, CMDA oo, anyhow). Just treat questions.

Zly 101 is an A course, not bulky at all. You can finish the note in a day if you are fast but when examscome, the questions are really scary. When I did mine, I was so sure of myself after I read it; but on getting to CBT, it was another thing. One indian lecturer like dat took us one of the topics and his questions were really tough, God knows where he got them from. All you need to pass Zly101 is the note.
Zly 103 is also an A course. Many people fail this course because they feel they have to understand it very well. Be not deceived brethren, Zly103 is all about your cramming abilities. Cram it well. The course deals with the study of the animal kingdom in a evolutionary approach i.e, the study of animals from the lowest phylum to the highest phylum. The school has a comprehensive text on the course. It goes for 400naira only. Read it well, cram it and woth God on your side, you’re a is sure.

Plb101 is the simplest 100level course apart from GNS sha.. You will see people having lots of 90s...
All you need on the course is the note. The lecturers are also very good. So attend the classes; it will really help. For those of you in the medial line, please take this course serious. It’s a good foundation for histology and biochem(some of the courses in your preclinics).

GNS is also an A course. All you need do is read the text. You will also take a 6-hour lecture on the use of library and you will be given a text also. Read both texts well.

The other 2 courses are practicals(You haveto be serious with them ooooo)..If care is not taken, they can guide your path out of medical school. So, you have to take them very serious. They canbe really disastrous. I know you’ll understand when you resume.

The 2nd semester courses are
Phy142(2)---Nuclear and atomic physics
Phy152(3)---Electricity and Magnetism.
Chm112(2)---Organic Chemistry
Chm132(2)---Inorganic Chemitsry
Zly106---Mammalian forms and functions.
GNS112---Use of English. ; and 2 practical courses
I won’t talk on them because I believe by then, you would have been used to the system things are run in school
Gee! Thanks a lot bro...please does that apply to pharmaceutical science nd also wanna confirm is there any maths course pharmacy guys would have to offer
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Idboyostic: I was about asking about "phy 152" because most of my friends back then were lamenting about it.....most especially, the computer science student's.
its not really hard o.. but it requires extra work.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
jnewton1997: Gee! Thanks a lot bro...please does that apply to pharmaceutical science nd also wanna confirm is there any maths course pharmacy guys would have to offer
Yes bro.. pharmacy peeps will. offer all those courses plus maths n statistics... I don't knw d specific number... but I believe pharmacy peeps shld offer over 20courses
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by jnewton1997(m): 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
DrHesjay: Yes bro.. pharmacy peeps will. offer all those courses plus maths n statistics... I don't knw d specific number... but I believe pharmacy peeps shld offer over 20courses
Thanks bro...i aint a genius when it comes to mathematical stuff...do u know any texbooks which could be of immense help?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wildrose: 11:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Me I don't know where to upload d state of origin document
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 12:13am On Sep 10, 2014
wheesin:

at last..i love news like this... even though its a lie ..atleast a lie is better than nothing. grin

neyoor still dey on point when it comes to confirm update. He said it b4 d merit list was released.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 12:17am On Sep 10, 2014
Abasstoheeb: Pls wats d meaning of BMS

basic medical science.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by MsTIQ(m): 12:41am On Sep 10, 2014
bethedoski:
Many Thanks for this revealing explanation. Actually, I was offered physiology despite my high Jamb and p-utme scores but i was told my being an Enugu indigene(out of catchment area) was what worked against me. With God's help I hope to cross over to Medicine but am still afraid if my being an Eastherner will still impair that. I'm still baffled that a school of that hierarchy would't admit on Merit for such a course. GRACIAS once again and I pray you excel in all your endeavours!!!
If you don't mind me asking, what was your both jamb and post-utme score? I don see am sef! Good scores by the way!? cool
bethedoski:
If you don't mind me asking, what was your both jamb and post-utme score? I don see am sef! Good scores by the way!?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Damzy997(m): 12:52am On Sep 10, 2014
Plss ooo,,,,has any1 bin cleared yet cuz am getting confused already
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 1:57am On Sep 10, 2014
Pls Can Somone teach me hw to Type wit Coloured on dis thread
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by usefulman01: 6:48am On Sep 10, 2014
Neyoor: From a reliable source. The list awaits attestation by the registrar, which 'll be done between now and thursday. List to be out by weekend or early nextweek
Neyoor: From a reliable source. The list awaits attestation by the registrar, which 'll be done between now and thursday. List to be out by weekend or early nextweek
bro welldone
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by deedrizzie: 7:15am On Sep 10, 2014
bethedoski:
254 and 80% respectively

And u stl ddnt get in for MBBS What did dey offer you?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by laryom1(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2014
deedrizzie:

And u stl ddnt get in for MBBS What did dey offer you?
deedrizzie what's ur jamb n pume scores please?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by zamani22: 8:08am On Sep 10, 2014
pls co operate with the instructions here use the report button .call for assistance or guideline on how to be admitted 07068742114
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by yungchop: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2014
rkarang:

**Before i collect that Suya, Come chop knuckle, shoulder self follow cheesy **

Boss how you dey now? You be Engine Abi na DOKITA

na Physio ooo, be we go enter dokita by level 200 sir, @abasstoheeb ayam sorry sir grin , @folzz why is your mouth ajar na? , or am I the first person to kiss you?? cheesy
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alpet(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2014
Resumption date;
Freshers: 2209'14
Returning: 2709'14

Source: www.punchng.com/news/we-are-adequately-prepared-unilorin/

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.