Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (554070 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
God is our strength!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Phemsy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2014
EINSTEINPG: In the panoply of matters, the turn of the unfolding events as regards unilorin, has set trepidation in the hearts of the prospective candidates. Frustration and desperation are beginning to gradually erode the shrewdness and the gifted sense of judgement of the admission seekers. Hence, the psychologically befuddled acceptance of the connection apprehension.
The deliberate obfuscation of admission process credited to officials of Unilorin is a wake-up call to all of us that when illegality and undue obscurity are condoned overtime, they tend to attain societal acceptance with a high level of alacrity.
As a matter of fact, I am yet to recover from the panic-stricken I received on Tuesday when a family member decided to tow the line on my behalf. To avoid being branded supercilious and gullible, I relunctantly handed over my Jamb/Post Utme documents to him. And He proceeded to formalize an unholy alliance with an official of Unilorin, specifically a woman, whose phone number is now in my possession which am afraid, will not be shared on this forum as this will be tantamount to privacy compromise without Her permission. To His utter dismay, He was disappointedly told that given my Post Utme score my admission is guaranteed, but it is a function of a clause. And what is this rather unfortunate clause? A sum of #40,000!!!! As you might have correctly guessed, I honestly told my uncle that if "Merit Equation" is obviated from my admission success, then probably, this is not my year of gaining admission into the university.
Interestingly, my uncle texted me Her number and without hesitation I called Her to hear from the horse's mouth, but to my utter consternation She told me that She is just an underling to the fellow that would stamp my admission, and the money in totality goes to the OGA in charge of the arranged admission. Out of pure conscience and sheer honesty, I frankly told Her that i can't afford the astronomical sum of money that she and her crony are demanding for, when the underlying factors that will determine my admission are all greek to me. Her subsequent statements further knocked me off course, when she confidently said there was nothing they could do, and besides, admission nowadays is down to money. And funny enough she was saying all these at a market location as it was being confirmed by Her and the noisy background. But I have had more than I expected from Her, so I prudently decided to bid Her goodluck in Her mouth-watering expediton. Quite frankly that was pathetic. How could money be the sine qua non for admission rather than merit?
Fellow admission seekers, the proverbial connection is real indeed, considering my encounter with the aforementioned woman. But what can we do to forestall what seems ironically to be normal to these officials of the great citadel of learning? I think it is about time the staus quo was upset for the providential wind of change is imminent.
Prior to this time, I had always held Unilorin in great reverence, but things have started falling apart at speed of light and the centre can no longer be held. At this moment in time, there is a prevalent mismatch between the school's principles and the actions of the officials. They see the prospective candidates as mere commmodities to be cashed upon to fulfil their avariciously sordid wealth acquisition. No wonder, they don't embark on strike because they know that what they get from prospective candidates is enough to neutralize the erratic emolument they get from the Government. So they are not the saints they pretend to be, they are just mendaciously parading themselves to be sui generis. Why, my dearest officials of Unilorin?
Evidently, come september, if there are glaring indications that those that have less scores than we, are granted admission via CONNECTION ROUTE other than MERIT ROUTE, then we shall collectively petition the school's Governing Council. And if favourable response is not given to our collective petition, then publication of an OPEN LETTER in conjuction with a highly reputable national newspaper shall be our final recourse. Let there be a body of evidence that supports this modest proposal, if there is no modicum of transparency in this year's admission exercise, so that they would not be able to gainsay our disinterested claims by the time their irregularities are being published.
My apology in advance to the past and current students of Unilorin. The obverse of aided admission is half-baked graduates. Only GOD knows the number of students who are full of potentials and innovation that have been ignorantly denied admission as a result of greed. It is a common knowledge that when the desirable is unavailable then the available becomes desirable.In essence, when over-qualified candidates are rejected then the average ones are absorbed into the programme. So with that, average performances become inevitable. This is not an indirect way of labelling Unilorin alumni as mentally incapacitated graduates. In fact, am very much aware of the oddity of my remark and this has engulfed me in penitential mood.Perhaps I shouldn't have raised this point, but Providence knows best. Please accept my penitence.
i love this guy

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathefaro(m): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
rkarang: God is our strength!
Hello bro, I hope you're doing great. please do you know of anybody who obtained multiple DE forms? I'll love to know if there has been any consequence or complications so far
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by flaive(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ormotosho: xup flaive,am aspiring 4 architecture.wat abt u?
soon to be returning student.
dept of estate management.
by the grace of God your admission is guaranteed
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
lukmonadeola: To aspirants waiting for the admission list,the list will be release latest by the 6th of september.because as at last year the list was released 2 weeks to resumption.Don't let anybody decieve u dat unilorin admission is not by merit because as at last year every candidate that scored 70% above was admitted except those that choose them as second choice.am not saying their is no "RUNS" ooo but if u score 70% upward be rest assured dat u will be admitted so far u av good waec and jamb combination.may ALMIGHTY ALLAH crown our little effort and grant us our heart desires.in a months tym everyone of us will av been admitted by HIS grace.
If it would be like last year..., don't expect the list by that time.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
mathefaro: Hello bro, I hope you're doing great. please do you know of anybody who obtained multiple DE forms? I'll love to know if there has been any consequence or complications so far

Yeah, I'm pretty good! Hbu?

As regards multiple DE forms, I don't have any update about it. Should there be any update, I won't hesitate to pass it across to you.

I'm wishing you success in your application process.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Matcruz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Already a student of d noble dept.......wat do av in pume?.........or lets talk on whatsapp 07033123270
fherbeeshara: . Yes I am!....and u?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Matcruz(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Aspirant or stalite
Alimtoheeb: I rep Civil Engr.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
In mine Perspective,d freshers are to resume 20 sept..by Calculatn..u shud hve knw dat d list wud be ending of dis month or 1st wik of Sept..LOBATAN
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Matcruz: Aspirant or stalite
An aspirant bt Stalite by dis tym nxt yr
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by fherbeeshara(f): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Matcruz: Already a student of d noble dept.......wat do av in pume?.........or lets talk on whatsapp 07033123270
. My score is 70%...good enough?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Fhonhix(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Still keeping watch...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ogwuchefriday(m): 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
For assistance and more info contact the admin office via 08068682402
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathefaro(m): 5:20am On Aug 13, 2014
rkarang:

Yeah, I'm pretty good! Hbu?

As regards multiple DE forms, I don't have any update about it. Should there be any update, I won't hesitate to pass it across to you.

I'm wishing you success in your application process.

OK thanks bro
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by n3utron(m): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Lordseyad: If it would be like last year..., don't expect the list by that time.
When should we expect it then?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 8:04am On Aug 13, 2014
n3utron: When should we expect it then?
When was it posted last year?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by megaafeez: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2014
mathefaro: Hello bro, I hope you're doing great. please do you know of anybody who obtained multiple DE forms? I'll love to know if there has been any consequence or complications so far
I know of a friend......he obtained 3 DE forms last year nd now,he is a student of history nd int'l studies in UNILORIN.he scored 48 twice nd a 42.This year I know of many friends
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 9:11am On Aug 13, 2014
please can one use two results, i.e two sitting for microbiology please reply needed urgently
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 10:20am On Aug 13, 2014
SetH001: please can one use two results, i.e two sitting for microbiology please reply needed urgently

Yes sir!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 10:25am On Aug 13, 2014
rkarang:

Yes sir!
cool thanks boss... Waec wanna spoil ma show, nd gave me outstanding in biology... Any way thanks again
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Alimtoheeb(m): 10:49am On Aug 13, 2014
Matcruz: Aspirant or stalite
aspirant
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Ogwuchefriday: For assistance and more info contact the admin office via 08068682402

it seems like this called ogwuchefriday is stupid and i dont maybe he call this forum a bunch of fool. Let someone check his profile post and tell us what u see. Imagin has false connections to more than 10 school

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2014
Ogwuchefriday: For assistance and more info contact the admin office via 08068682402

it seems like this so called ogwuchefriday is stupid and i dont knw maybe he call this forum a bunch of fool. Let someone check his profile post and tell us what u see. Imagin has false connections to more than 10 school
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2014
Azukam1:

it seems like this called ogwuchefriday is stupid and i dont maybe he call this forum a bunch of fool. Let someone check his profile post and tell us what u see. Imagin has false connections to more than 10 school

He wants to survive by all means tonguetongue Besides, there are many of them here; only that most of them are indirect.

It's a marketing strategy
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ridwan1821: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2014
Now dat i hav seen my waec result, how can i post it to my pre admission profile.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2014
Ridwan1821: Now dat i hav seen my waec result, how can i post it to my pre admission profile.
log into pre admission screaning page with ur jamb reg no nd surnname. By d left uu will see continue reg, click on it to upload ur result
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Matcruz(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Very good 2go........i entered wit 60% last yr.........just b prayerful and get a little bit connected
fherbeeshara: . My score is 70%...good enough?
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Matcruz(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
I like ur faith........can't wait 2 c u next session
Abasstoheeb: An aspirant bt Stalite by dis tym nxt yr
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Ridwan1821: 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
SetH001: log into pre admission screaning page with ur jamb reg no nd surnname. By d left uu will see continue reg, click on it to upload ur result
Thanks. I've done dat nd after i submitted, it showed me ur o-level results have already be saved
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
waec server is down...no 2014 year dere anymore...am running out of time
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ridwan1821: Thanks. I've done dat nd after i submitted, it showed me ur o-level results have already be saved
cool oya come and pay ur offring of 600naira ..... Oyaaa
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathefaro(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
megaafeez: I know of a friend......he obtained 3 DE forms last year nd now,he is a student of history nd int'l studies in UNILORIN.he scored 48 twice nd a 42.This year I know of many friends
ok thanks for the info, still waiting for his this year's candidates will fare since it involves biometrics

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.