Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,197 members, 7,873,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) (554069 Views)

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathsguru(m): 9:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
shadelek:
becareful guy, proudness comes before destruction and besides, an empty vessel makes noise
if u say so, no prob but am telling u what I have faith on.......

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
wheesin:

yes..and i printed it out..am sure its in..do it with ur fone..once it says saved..its truly saved...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mathsguru(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
shadelek:
becareful guy, proudness comes before destruction and besides, an empty vessel makes noise
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by wheesin(m): 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
SetH001: boss i've sucssefully upload it ohhhhhhhhh gosh i feal like jumping

jump ooo..lol...jump cos u r Pre-Victorious...make sure u get confirm connection..it isnt going to be a result only admission
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by immortal07: 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Juzt fill d form nd submit...once u submit nd it confirms it.....ure good 2 go.if u try recheckin it,it wunt display but am veri sure its saved ....it must display dat page confirmin it o
SetH001: please any exprienced staylite in d house should please educate us on how to upload the result thingie..... Pleaseeee ur quick responce will be appriciated
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
wheesin:

jump ooo..lol...jump cos u r Pre-Victorious...make sure u get confirm connection..it isnt going to be a result only admission
boss... Meet me in school.... Cos am already a unilorite by Gods Grace......
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by SetH001: 10:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
immortal07: Juzt fill d form nd submit...once u submit nd it confirms it.....ure good 2 go.if u try recheckin it,it wunt display but am veri sure its saved ....it must display dat page confirmin it o
brother God bless you
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 12:53am On Aug 15, 2014
mathsguru: if u say so, no prob but am telling u what I have faith on.......
Faith?
well success
as for my course. I don't really think 1st class matters
my course is base one question
WHAT CAN YOU DO.?
comp. sci.
imagine a 1st class student who doesn't know how to write a program
its not about graduating with 1st class that matters for Computer Science Students
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 1:12am On Aug 15, 2014
EINSTEINPG: "We become brave by doing brave acts," observed Aristotle in the Nicomachean Ethics. Dispositions of character, virtues and vices, are progressively fixed in us through practice. thus "by being habituated to despise things that are terrible and to stand our ground against them we become brave, and it is when we have become so that we shall be most able to stand our ground against them."
Standing ground against threatening things is not to be confused with fearlessness, however. Being afraid is perfectly appropriate emotion when confronted with fearful things. The great American novelist Herman Melville makes the Aristotelian point beautifully in telling passage in His classic book, Moby-Dick, a book I actually read in primary school, where Starbuck, the chief mate of the Pequod, first addresses the crew. "'I will have no man in my boat,' said Starbuck, 'who is not afraid of a whale.' By this, he seemed to mean, not only that the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril, but that an utterly fearless man is a far more dangerous comrade than a coward."
The infectious nature of strikingly courageous behaviour on the part of one person can inspire- and also in part can shame a whole group.The mere inclination to do the right thing is not in itself enough. We have to know what the right thing to do is, the aftermath effect and the hindsight analysis.
If Aristotle is right-and i think that he is, then courage is a settled disposition to feel appropriate degrees of fear and confidence in challenging situations- such as Unilorin admission. It is also a settled disposition to stand one's ground, to advance or to retreat as wisdom dictates.
At this point in time, the morale and mood of candidates are in the doldrums. And to divine the future the past must be studied. In the light of this i took it upon myself to find out from Unilorin students in person to unequivocally establish beyond all reasonable doubts the seemingly iron-clad assertion regarding connection. But they all reverberated the same thing in unison, that making merit list is one in a million and that only happens when the slot masters have satisfied their unbridled irregularities and saturation point has been questionably attained--- And challenging this institutionalized corruption remains a tall order in this three-ring circus. And an indifferent attitude towards this ubiquity of connection is equivalent to tilt at windmills. At the summit of shock and confusion they conclusively established that the unwritten law of connection is megalomaniacally irrevocable.These revelatory insights are worrisome given the prognostication projected by our would-be academic precursors.
Indeed, this is a titanic struggle between moral and future. And we are on the threshold of a new chapter in our life, yet we are confronted with dilemma-Should we join the band-wagon of connection or we should remain adamant? But i think where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise. And not recognising this stubborn fact leaves us to plough a lonely furrow. And a wise man changes his mind sometimes, a fool never.
Please admission seekers follow the river and you will find the sea and give unto caesar what dubiously belongs to him. Besides, Christmas comes but once in a year. This sudden change of mind is underpinned by extensive research and i do not have any ulterior motive for advocating for a compromise of principle. I remain unabashed regarding this latest opinion as against my previous stance on connection.
Oh yes, am fully aware of what some critics would say by mercilessly lampooning me that I lack confidence, I don't believe in myself and above all am devoid of faith. But what have confidence and faith got to do by hobnobing with Ebola patients? Besides, this does not change my earlier aversion of connection and my repugnance of it. Am only conscientiously advising co-candidates to be on the qui vive and stop impugning what lies ahead to avert being undeserving victims of connection.
As for me I have crossed the rubicon and I remain opinionated as far as connection is concerned. And no cerberus-like master or gargantuan and pantagruel turned individuals should be expecting a sop from me.In other words, anything less than merit is outrightly repudiated by me, am only warning the faint-hearted ones out there(no pun intended) to weigh their options properly before crossing the rubicon while this exigency of admission lasts. In the end we shall all find the Elysian happiness and be inducted into the mystery of the elusive admission.
I think it will be invidious if I don't point this out, that my latest position on connection will likely lead to incursion of this forum by hobgoblins whose sole intentions are to inveigle you into parting with your hard-earned money.Please do not listen to any of these inveterate liars. If you have the predilection or relish for connection, please go to the school for proper transaction with bona fide officials.
Am I playing the devil's advocate now? You be the judge.
igodomigodo
great to have you here. our own Hon. Pat.

you are trying to tell us something on this forum, but most of us here will have to check the dictionary to get the meaning of some of the words you type
You know that you are passing information to the commoners and not to a vocabulist
you lack good communication skill
my half cent

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 7:33am On Aug 15, 2014
EINSTEINPG: "We become brave by doing brave acts," observed Aristotle in the Nicomachean Ethics. Dispositions of character, virtues and vices, are progressively fixed in us through practice. thus "by being habituated to despise things that are terrible and to stand our ground against them we become brave, and it is when we have become so that we shall be most able to stand our ground against them."
Standing ground against threatening things is not to be confused with fearlessness, however. Being afraid is perfectly appropriate emotion when confronted with fearful things. The great American novelist Herman Melville makes the Aristotelian point beautifully in telling passage in His classic book, Moby-Dick, a book I actually read in primary school, where Starbuck, the chief mate of the Pequod, first addresses the crew. "'I will have no man in my boat,' said Starbuck, 'who is not afraid of a whale.' By this, he seemed to mean, not only that the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril, but that an utterly fearless man is a far more dangerous comrade than a coward."
The infectious nature of strikingly courageous behaviour on the part of one person can inspire- and also in part can shame a whole group.The mere inclination to do the right thing is not in itself enough. We have to know what the right thing to do is, the aftermath effect and the hindsight analysis.
If Aristotle is right-and i think that he is, then courage is a settled disposition to feel appropriate degrees of fear and confidence in challenging situations- such as Unilorin admission. It is also a settled disposition to stand one's ground, to advance or to retreat as wisdom dictates.
At this point in time, the morale and mood of candidates are in the doldrums. And to divine the future the past must be studied. In the light of this i took it upon myself to find out from Unilorin students in person to unequivocally establish beyond all reasonable doubts the seemingly iron-clad assertion regarding connection. But they all reverberated the same thing in unison, that making merit list is one in a million and that only happens when the slot masters have satisfied their unbridled irregularities and saturation point has been questionably attained--- And challenging this institutionalized corruption remains a tall order in this three-ring circus. And an indifferent attitude towards this ubiquity of connection is equivalent to tilt at windmills. At the summit of shock and confusion they conclusively established that the unwritten law of connection is megalomaniacally irrevocable.These revelatory insights are worrisome given the prognostication projected by our would-be academic precursors.
Indeed, this is a titanic struggle between moral and future. And we are on the threshold of a new chapter in our life, yet we are confronted with dilemma-Should we join the band-wagon of connection or we should remain adamant? But i think where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise. And not recognising this stubborn fact leaves us to plough a lonely furrow. And a wise man changes his mind sometimes, a fool never.
Please admission seekers follow the river and you will find the sea and give unto caesar what dubiously belongs to him. Besides, Christmas comes but once in a year. This sudden change of mind is underpinned by extensive research and i do not have any ulterior motive for advocating for a compromise of principle. I remain unabashed regarding this latest opinion as against my previous stance on connection.
Oh yes, am fully aware of what some critics would say by mercilessly lampooning me that I lack confidence, I don't believe in myself and above all am devoid of faith. But what have confidence and faith got to do by hobnobing with Ebola patients? Besides, this does not change my earlier aversion of connection and my repugnance of it. Am only conscientiously advising co-candidates to be on the qui vive and stop impugning what lies ahead to avert being undeserving victims of connection.
As for me I have crossed the rubicon and I remain opinionated as far as connection is concerned. And no cerberus-like master or gargantuan and pantagruel turned individuals should be expecting a sop from me.In other words, anything less than merit is outrightly repudiated by me, am only warning the faint-hearted ones out there(no pun intended) to weigh their options properly before crossing the rubicon while this exigency of admission lasts. In the end we shall all find the Elysian happiness and be inducted into the mystery of the elusive admission.
I think it will be invidious if I don't point this out, that my latest position on connection will likely lead to incursion of this forum by hobgoblins whose sole intentions are to inveigle you into parting with your hard-earned money.Please do not listen to any of these inveterate liars. If you have the predilection or relish for connection, please go to the school for proper transaction with bona fide officials.
Am I playing the devil's advocate now? You be the judge.
Have you heard bout 'Economy of words'?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Harkanni1(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2014
mathsguru: if u say so, no prob but am telling u what I have faith on.......
not talking abt ur admission but talking abt having first class degree comes 2018. The road is stil long n besides, who knows if u ll be moved to another dpt where u ll be strugglin to have upper credit? Speaking frm experience though, no offence pls, just reason with me.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2014
Huh...
Einstein... I know yyou are einstein.. But you should calm down with dis your big words... I dnt have to start explaining why...
This place is not a place for display ..if u wanna talk.. Say it in simple n clear terms..... Nobody cares how much 'big' words u use ... Cos thrs no admission officer here....

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Pascalbaba(m): 8:05am On Aug 15, 2014
Yungmilio2:
igodomigodo

you are trying to tell us something on this forum, but most of us here will have to check the dictionary to get the meaning of some of the words you type
You know that you are passing information to the commoners and not to a vocabulist
my half cent

You just spoke my mind!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Yungmilio2:
Faith?
well success
as for my course. I don't really think 1st class matters
my course is base one question
WHAT CAN YOU DO.?
comp. sci.
imagine a 1st class student who doesn't know how to write a program
its not about graduating with 1st class that matters for Computer Science Students
Exactly bro. And one does not necessarily have to be a computer science graduate to write computer programs, but one surely needs a solid background in computer science to design efficient algorithms. These days a complete novice can code HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT etc.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by mzMerci(f): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2014
Then how much is medicine and surgery?

Matcruz: last year, it was #10,000 accpt fee + #65,450 tuition /Tablet fee.....roughly 76k
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Lol

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 8:29am On Aug 15, 2014
Lordseyad: Have you heard bout 'Economy of words'?
Nope, but i have heard about propagation of reading culture.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 15, 2014
@Mzmerci should be around 90k it's on their site...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 15, 2014
I paid 68000.....+ 10k acceptance fees.....
mzMerci: Then how much is medicine and surgery?

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Hahaha......lol
bobolathefirst: @Mzmerci should be around 90k it's on their site...
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
DrHesjay: Huh...
Einstein... I know yyou are einstein.. But you should calm down with dis your big words... I dnt have to start explaining why...
This place is not a place for display ..if u wanna talk.. Say it in simple n clear terms..... Nobody cares how much 'big' words u use ... Cos thrs no admission officer here....
Gratitude is the least of virtues. Ingratitude the worst of vices. Thanks for your reformative piece of advice. Besides, it would be myopic of me to remain incorrigible. I will surely work on your priceless advice. You know what? You are my idol bro.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by killercute16(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Gratitude is the least of virtues. Ingratitude the worst of vices. Thanks for your reformative piece of advice. Besides, it would be myopic of me to remain incorrigible. I will surely work on your priceless advice. You know what? You are my idol bro.
I really wish to meet you face to face to know if u really speak the way you type.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by EINSTEINPG: 9:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Yungmilio2:
igodomigodo

my half cent
Flattery brings friends, truth brings enemies. I respect your opinion. Thanks for your criticism.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by ayokunlei(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2014
DrHesjay: Huh...

Dr, some of us they enjoin him o, though I use dictionary for his big grammars,.... but the thing is, he doesnt bring boredom to the thread.. He gives us something to ponder on... I wld say I like him and his big grammar

1 Like

Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Lordseyad(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Nope, but i have heard about propagation of reading culture.
I must confess, I love ya!! , but try and let people get what you insinuates... Hope you get what am saying? Your post isnt Gns111 textbook..
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
@Abasstoheeb I sight you O.

Oh, I love comedy smiley
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Abasstoheeb(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
rkarang: @Abasstoheeb I sight you O.

Oh, I love comedy smiley
Hw far bro,hpe evrytin is alryt...i WISH Evry1 best in upcomin list...WICH COMEDY IS DAT
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by hulkhiharitoz(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Help ....This one way waec no one uploaad my result so!!! I AM FINISHED
It kp on sayin no result for this candidate at the specified year.
Chai... I AM DONE
#cryin bitterly
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Abasstoheeb: Hw far bro,hpe evrytin is alryt...i WISH Evry1 best in upcomin list...WICH COMEDY IS DAT

Comedy Just keep observing.

Everything is fine, brother! I scored 72% in AAUA PUDE.
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by tundeks: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
hulkhiharitoz: Help ....This one way waec no one uploaad my result so!!! I AM FINISHED
Chai... I AM DONE
#cryin bitterly
Instead of u to go and complain in WAEC office nearest to u. Those dt ar unable to check dia waec result wil jst gv advantage for those dt were able to upload dia result
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by rkarang: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
hulkhiharitoz: Help ....This one way waec no one uploaad my result so!!! I AM FINISHED
Chai... I AM DONE
#cryin bitterly

Only God knows why things happen in this way. Just be hopeful!
Re: University Of Ilorin 2014/2015 Admission Thread (undergraduates) by Yungmilio2(m): 1:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
EINSTEINPG: Exactly bro. And one does not necessarily have to be a computer science graduate to write computer programs, but one surely needs a solid background in computer science to design efficient algorithms. These days a complete novice can code HTML, CSS and JAVASCRIPT etc.
yes you are right
thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (434) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.