Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:20 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (937943 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Honda city is CVT you should not be able to shift gears at all.
Chief GAZZUZZ,thanks for this great thread.

I serviced my 2007 toyota camry(2AZ FE) arnd december ,and the engine needed a top of arnd January ending,i was surprised,opend my hood and observed and saw i had oil stains around the top gasket area?
How do i go about this,the car doesnt give any wahala prior to this,i dont want any kazeem to give my engine high fever in exchange with solving this issue.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
ksmart027:
Honda civic 04 or 05 needed, if you have anyone for sale quote me.

There is a 08 and 07 toks you may reach me if interested.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Zane2point4:

Chief GAZZUZZ,thanks for this great thread.

I serviced my 2007 toyota camry(2AZ FE) arnd december ,and the engine needed a top of arnd January ending,i was surprised,opend my hood and observed and saw i had oil stains around the top gasket area?
How do i go about this,the car doesnt give any wahala prior to this,i dont want any kazeem to give my engine high fever in exchange with solving this issue.

Replace valve cover gasket, those things last 3-4 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Graphene(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
PCV valve needed 2008 Camry, chopping expensive Mobil 1 oil mentality has set in grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ksmart027(m): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
ojeysky:

Sorry sir, what i need is naija use oo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by forlahkhe: 1:59pm On Feb 16, 2020
I want my car(Toyota corolla 2005CE) to be a bit higher above d ground such dt d silencer will not b hiting d ground all d time. Someone said I should change the car RIM and TYRES to 16 from 15,another person said I shd just change my tyre from 185 to 205 and still be using the 15R. PLS WHICH OPTION IS BETTER.

.....Meanwhile, I'm a marketer, so d car is often filled up with goods for distribution.

The car gurus in d house, abeg I need suggestions o.@gazzuz...
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by emmaak2(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
forlahkhe:
I want my car(Toyota corolla 2005CE) to be a bit higher above d ground such dt d silencer will not b hiting d ground all d time. Someone said I should change the car RIM and TYRES to 16 from 15,another person said I shd just change my tyre from 185 to 205 and still be using the 15R. PLS WHICH OPTION IS BETTER.

.....Meanwhile, I'm a marketer, so d car is often filled up with goods for distribution.

The car gurus in d house, abeg I need suggestions o.@gazzuz...

205/70 15 rimS
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 8:15am On Feb 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

inner side CV joints . Or engine mounts or both

What i mean is when the gear is shifting automatically, it makes the KA sound.
if i slow down and d gear shifts down, it will make the same sound as well.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by BrightMechanic: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2020
Call mobile mechanic in lekki 07037230827
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by captainking(m): 11:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
ojeysky:

How much for the 08 civic.. And ur location
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2020
captainking:

How much for the 08 civic.. And ur location

https://www.nairaland.com/5691483/tincan-cleared-honda-civic-2008

Location is Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by buchisom1(m): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
Plsss guru in house I have a corolla 2005 I jus notice anytime my car is idle it drain my car battery ...but if am driving d battery is fully charged ...called a rewire dey told me is wire touching each oder d rewirer guy don work taya still yet d issue is happening... Please gurus help me now all I do is after driving I remove the terminal from d battery head so it don get drain in d next 3hours..
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by megacontrol(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2020
Hello people,

I have a toks 2007 Jeep Patriot that arrived with oil pressure issues.
It is suspected that OIL PRESSURE SENSOR needs replacement.

Any recommendations on how I can:

1) Check the car for diagnosis to confirm exact problem
2) Purchase parts for that car e.g. Oil pressure sensor if that's indeed the problem

Considering it's not too common around here, do you have anyone to recommend?

Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good Day. I recently bought a car (used)from this forum, Camry 2001, Auto Transmission, i4. To be honest it’s a big regret. I live in Benin and I had to send a friend, who took a mechanic along to inspect the car. Car was certified okay by the mechanic. But when I came for the car I discovered that whenever I am driving and I apply break it shuts off. I managed it to Benin like that and the next day I took it to the mech for repairs.
Fuel pump was changed, engine sensor, to cut the long story short, I have spent more than 28k trying to fix the issue of break and quench with different mech and electricians. Right now I don’t know who to blame, the seller or the mechanic that inspected the car and certified it okay. Please help is needed urgently on how to fix this issue. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Good Day. I recently bought a car (used)from this forum, Camry 2001, Auto Transmission, i4. To be honest it’s a big regret. I live in Benin and I had to send a friend, who took a mechanic along to inspect the car. Car was certified okay by the mechanic. But when I came for the car I discovered that whenever I am driving and I apply break it shuts off. I managed it to Benin like that and the next day I took it to the mech for repairs.
Fuel pump was changed, engine sensor, to cut the long story short, I have spent more than 28k trying to fix the issue of break and quench with different mech and electricians. Right now I don’t know who to blame, the seller or the mechanic that inspected the car and certified it okay. Please help is needed urgently on how to fix this issue. Thank you.

How about starting with cleaning of the IACV (idle air control valve) it's mounted beside the throttle body which is on the intake manifold and your throttle body is cable operated.

Notice that sensor indicated with the orange colour arrow? That's it. Usually, kazeem do block a valve hole with piece of rag or paper or polyethylene. All you needed to do was get a proper cleaner to clean it after opening it, after you're done cleaning it, recouple it back properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dannybrasky(m): 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:

It is a common and well known act where by mechanics do side talks with car sellers or let me say reach a bargain on how a good or bad car can be certified by the mechanic in order for him to give the car a pass mark.

Mechanic == oga seller how much you go gimme make I fit tell them to buy this car. If you no shake body I go tell them say your car no good o.

Seller === oya na I go give you 20k

Mechanic observes the car wayociously,drives and certifies it,buyer pays and later he runs into series of problems which same mechanic will fix and collect some cash as well.

With a crooked mechanic,you can't win when it comes to purchasing a car.

Advise!! Inspect car yourself b4 making payments even if mechanic gives it a a green light. Sorry man! Hope you get help fixing your Camry.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
This was the leftover I used for my other car. It was cleaned this morning. We discovered a paper blocking a small hole of the throttle body.
KINGreignn:

How about starting with cleaning of the IACV (idle air control valve) it's mounted beside the throttle body which is on the intake manifold and your throttle body is cable operated.

Notice that sensor indicated with the orange colour arrow? That's it. Usually, kazeem do block a valve hole with piece of rag or paper or polyethylene. All you needed to do was get a proper cleaner to clean it after opening it, after you're done cleaning it, recouple it back properly.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
We didn’t clean this!

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is suppose to be a spare car. But it’s a pain in the ass. I bought the car from nairaland auto section
dannybrasky:

It is a common and well known act where by mechanics do side talks with car sellers or let me say reach a bargain on how a good or bad car can be certified by the mechanic in order for him to give the car a pass mark.

Mechanic == oga seller how much you go gimme make I fit tell them to buy this car. If you no shake body I go tell them say your car no good o.

Seller === oya na I go give you 20k

Mechanic observes the car wayociously,drives and certifies it,buyer pays and later he runs into series of problems which same mechanic will fix and collect some cash as well.

With a crooked mechanic,you can't win when it comes to purchasing a car.

Advise!! Inspect car yourself b4 making payments even if mechanic gives it a a green light. Sorry man! Hope you get help fixing your Camry.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
You can as well, remove the existing throttle body, and buy a Tokumbo unit and install. Ensure the Tokumbo unit you're buying is from a Tokumbo engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
I will try that. Do you know how much that cost?. Thank you so much for your response.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Alfred2000: 3:56am On Feb 20, 2020
Hello gurus in the house, i’ve been heart broken since last year December after I received my 08 camry v6 which got into tin can port on 16th dec. b4 purchasing the car on copart, it was stated that the primary damage was front end (bomber) but on the process of shipping from America it was discovered that it had mechanical issues as well cos the car gets into gear(drive) but doesn’t move an inch. I thought to myself that it could mean a minor fault and I asked the shipper to proceed with the shipment. I started by changing fiber and everything seemed alright. Zoomed off to the east for the xmas celebration and just about a few days back, the car stopped moving when it gets into D (drive gear) but can only reverse. I went to a mechanic workshop in enugu and i was told I needed to change the gear fibers again and gear pump as we noticed the gear had leakage which had gear oil underneath. I was also asked to change the converter as well. I did all that but my major concern is the fact that the car doesn’t move swiftly as it used to and am hell worried and unhappy. What could be the reason for the dull take off. I need solution from the car experts here because my mind is almost getting to the point of just selling it off
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 3:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
Yes he did block it and two other external hose. I will change the throttle and look for mech to do proper fixing.
KINGreignn:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by elujah1(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2020
please what will make a corolla 2011 front wheel vibrate once you hit 90km/h and reduces vibrating once you are above 100km/h. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tnycee(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello house, I have a 2009 Toyota Camry LE 2.4l. The car has been very good with no issues and drives like a dream. I noticed recently that the fuse in the A/F, S-horn slots located in the fuse box under the hood were missing (actually didn't come with the fuses when I bought it as direct tokumbo). So I decided to put in some spare fuse into the slot. I observed immediately that the car handling changed. It seems to take longer to change gears (like it were in sports mode).

I want to know if anyone has made similar observations. Also is there any effect of driving with/without the A/F or S-horn fuses in place?

I just want to learn more about this car from experts here.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by freeman500: 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2020
elujah1:
please what will make a corolla 2011 front wheel vibrate once you hit 90km/h and reduces vibrating once you are above 100km/h. Thanks
Check ur wheel balancing
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
elujah1:

Wheel balance.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KingCassy(m): 7:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Good day guys, just last night, was driving when I noticed my steering just became hard to turn...... What could be the problem pls? This is Camry 07..i checked the steering oil though it's kinda low but don't think it's low enough to cause this
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by elujah1(m): 7:31am On Feb 21, 2020
adanny01:

Wheel balance.

Done that still same, the mechanic says I should change the front disk, that its worn, want to be sure before I change. Don't like guess work
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2020
elujah1:

Done that still same, the mechanic says I should change the front disk, that its worn, want to be sure before I change. Don't like guess work

Note that there 3 types of vibration sources.

1. Vibration during acceleration (40-60kmph)
2. Vibration during braking (slowing down from speed above 60kmph)
3. Constant vibration at higher speed (80kmph and above)

The first one is usually a problem due to inner CVT joint.
The second is a bad rotor (brake disc).
The third, can be bad wheel balance, tire or rim. This can easily determined during rotary wheel balancing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2020
adanny01:

Note that there 3 types of vibration sources.

1. Vibration during acceleration (40-60kmph)
2. Vibration during braking (slowing down from speed above 60kmph)
3. Constant vibration at higher speed (80kmph and above)

The first one is usually a problem due to inner CVT joint.
The second is a bad rotor (brake disc).
The third, can be bad wheel balance, tire or rim. This can easily determined during rotary wheel balancing.

Wahlia, You no miss workshop one day.

@OP, You likely have one or more bad tyre. Try inspect your tyre closely.

I stopped buying tokumboh tyres after I encountered such because nothing listed above i no do. Only to buy brand new tyres and at 140km/hr my steering and ride feels smooth
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by fizcoo20(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oga Gazzuzz, I need ur advice, I want to start with Honda baby boy as my first car. What's your advice about the car and maintenance.
Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (514) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.