Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,746 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:41 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (940102 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 7:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
stop @ driver behavior.

what you are looking for is a "ghost personnel" to be monitoring your fleet.

seriously driver behavior?

just look for good driver,
probably install tracker
do regular check-ups on your fleet.
draw up incentive-based payment for car/driver's with less faults.

jeswinner:

I want the fuel consumption, driver behavior and other parameters to report real time. The idea is to know what is happening real-time and do predictive maintenance.

I'd even love to know the pressure of the tyres and other things too

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
jeswinner:

I want the fuel consumption, driver behavior and other parameters to report real time. The idea is to know what is happening real-time and do predictive maintenance.

I'd even love to know the pressure of the tyres and other things too

Should be possible. But never seen one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mejai(m): 10:58pm On Feb 29, 2020
shina101:

how much does both L+R sunvisor and 4 roof grab handle for Toyota Corolla 2008 cost?
Toyota corolla south Africa model. Suffering same fate. Nonsense aesthetics!! Things fallen apart, even door cover.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 12:34am On Mar 01, 2020
mejai:

Toyota corolla south Africa model. Suffering same fate. Nonsense aesthetics!! Things fallen apart, even door cover.

Did u get anoda 1?

If yes, how much?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheu01: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Good Day. I recently bought a car (used)from this forum, Camry 2001, Auto Transmission, i4. To be honest it’s a big regret. I live in Benin and I had to send a friend, who took a mechanic along to inspect the car. Car was certified okay by the mechanic. But when I came for the car I discovered that whenever I am driving and I apply break it shuts off. I managed it to Benin like that and the next day I took it to the mech for repairs.
Fuel pump was changed, engine sensor, to cut the long story short, I have spent more than 28k trying to fix the issue of break and quench with different mech and electricians. Right now I don’t know who to blame, the seller or the mechanic that inspected the car and certified it okay. Please help is needed urgently on how to fix this issue. Thank you.

Pls all those things u change are still good, check your ignition coils, they are two ignition coils and its less than 9k for both. Try to change it or mechanic get u ignition coil to test it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Waxxxy: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2020
My car engine vibrate when on idle and stabilized when I ON air-conditioning...I have changed the plug, checked the engine sit and all confirmed okay....pls I need your help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
Waxxxy:
My car engine vibrate when on idle and stabilized when I ON air-conditioning...I have changed the plug, checked the engine sit and all confirmed okay....pls I need your help

Clean the throttle body
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by iyke4(m): 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
My Toyota Corolla 2009 bounces when on rough road, it feels unstable; but on smooth road, it is ok. Please what do you think the issue is?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
iyke4:
My Toyota Corolla 2009 bounces when on rough road, it feels unstable; but on smooth road, it is ok. Please what do you think the issue is?

Shocks bushings sway bar etc

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drtee247(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
Scanned my Peugeot 307 and it’s showing these errors.. please help me out
I did a scan, plsss help me with the interpretation
1- permanent fault- cooling function incorporated in the engine management ECU.
2-permanent - fan assembly medium speed relay control.
3- permanent fault-(ABS or ESP, ECU) brake fluid level.
4-intermittent fault- upstream oxygen sensor-short circuit to positive
5- intermittent fault-coolant thermistor. Coherence.
10-intermittent fault-catalytic converter ageing-loss of effectiveness
11- intermittent fault- ignition integrated phase detection
6- intermittent fault-idle regulator stepper motor coherence
7-intermittent fault- inlet manifold pressure sensor coherence, short circuit to positive
8-intermittent fault-injector control 1 and 2,open circuit or short circuit to earth
9-intermittent fault- throttle position sensor- high
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chucks231(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
please I use an Elantra 08, I just serviced the legs, changed the shocks, shaft and linkages
I also installed another compressor for the AC as the old one was bad,
after all this repairs I noticed that the car automatically stops halt at the middle of the road as if I hit the brakes but I didn't and continues to move again afterwards, it been reoccurring, I am just confused what might be wrong.
any useful contribution, and if I could get recommendations to reliable Hyundai technician preferably on the island
thanks you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
well......... cool grin
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 10:08am On Mar 05, 2020
hello house, my evaporator in my air conditioning circuit of my car has a leak. my mech says we should buy another one. someone suggested it can by sealed perfectly without long term reoccurrence. I think I prefer a replacement. pls what's the cost of a new (tokunbo) evaporator. Any idea please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2020
Lush100:
hello house,
my evaporator in my air conditioning circuit of my car has a leak.
my mech says we should buy another one.
someone suggested it can by sealed perfectly without long term reoccurrence.
I think I prefer a replacement.
pls what's the cost of a new (tokunbo) evaporator.
Any idea please?

Either buy a new one or fix the one you have but leave toks out of the option.

Don't forget if its new, you will need to add PAG oil.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Lush100(m): 10:20am On Mar 05, 2020
ok thanks

adanny01:

Either buy a new one or fix the one you have but leave toks out of the option.

Don't forget if its new, you will need to add PAG oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Good evening house,

My 2007 Bank type Corolla was having a hard start and I changed fuel pump at mechanic's suggestion. Now the hard start remains though not as much as before.

Please advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 12:34am On Mar 06, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
Good evening house,

My 2007 Bank type Corolla was having a hard start and I changed fuel pump at mechanic's suggestion. Now the hard start remains though not as much as before.

Please advice.

Did you change the complete fuel pump assembly or just the pump?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Excel70: 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
Gazza what is your view on the 2008 hyundia tucson
Also I am looking for your thread where you state the popular cars present on nigeria roads and their pros and cons. How can I find it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ugreat(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
Good evening house,

Please advice.
Create time and confirm the fuel pump was changed,after the change confirm that fuel is getting to the fuel nozzle.
If issues still persist,check the nozzles,check the coil and ignition coil in the sequence to confirm all working as at required.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kayphyzee(m): 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2020
My good people, I need your assistance ahead of tomorrow. I have an issue with the brake system of my Rav4. In trying to bypass traffic on Tuesday morning, I passed a shortcut that was waterlogged. Lagosians will remember that it rained on Tuesday morning.

Long story short, my brake began malfunctioning ó. 2 times out of 10, when I pressed the brake it takes time to respond leading to long stopping distance. The brake will become hard in the process. Any ideas on what the issue is? Haven't driven the car since Wednesday.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by yarimo(m): 1:12am On Mar 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.
please what is or what are the sign of bad car ac dryer ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 5:55am On Mar 07, 2020
Thanks. I think I am having problem number one here. My Avensis is manual transmission though and as a matter of fact, I have never been to a mechanic since I acquired it so I am sort apprehensive as I don't want any trial and error job on the car. What exactly should I do or tell the mechanic I want done?
Thanks guys, your selfless jobs here is truly appreciated.

adanny01:

Note that there 3 types of vibration sources.

1. Vibration during acceleration (40-60kmph)
2. Vibration during braking (slowing down from speed above 60kmph)
3. Constant vibration at higher speed (80kmph and above)

The first one is usually a problem due to inner CVT joint.
The second is a bad rotor (brake disc).
The third, can be bad wheel balance, tire or rim. This can easily determined during rotary wheel balancing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2020
kayphyzee:
My good people, I need your assistance ahead of tomorrow. I have an issue with the brake system of my Rav4. In trying to bypass traffic on Tuesday morning, I passed a shortcut that was waterlogged. Lagosians will remember that it rained on Tuesday morning.

Long story short, my brake began malfunctioning ó. 2 times out of 10, when I pressed the brake it takes time to respond leading to long stopping distance. The brake will become hard in the process. Any ideas on what the issue is? Haven't driven the car since Wednesday.

First check to be sure your pads are not flat
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rbox(m): 8:19am On Mar 07, 2020
Pls House. How much can I get price of Toyota Camry Front Bumber (Tiny Light), Sharft, Hub, Power Steering Rack, Power Steering Pump...Pls I need Accurate Price. House
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by rbox(m): 8:21am On Mar 07, 2020
Pls House. How much can I get price of Toyota Camry Front Bumber (Tiny Light), Sharft, Hub, Power Steering Rack, Power Steering Pump...Pls I need Accurate Price. House
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kayphyzee(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2020
ojeysky:

First check to be sure your pads are not flat

Brake pads are fine. Replaced 1 month ago.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by debeey87(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2020
I noticed this stain at the back of the engine just after the belt when I stepped into the pit at the shop where Alignment was done on my car. My car is 2009 Corolla. Oil level is very good and has never been short at any time.

I'll appreciate an insight into cause. My kazeem says it's nothing to worry about.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adanny01(m): 11:52am On Mar 07, 2020
Ifebazz:
Thanks. I think I am having problem number one here. My Avensis is manual transmission though and as a matter of fact, I have never been to a mechanic since I acquired it so I am sort apprehensive as I don't want any trial and error job on the car. What exactly should I do or tell the mechanic I want done?
Thanks guys, your selfless jobs here is truly appreciated.

Like i said, you probably have a worn inner CV joint aka inner cup. Tell him you have vibration during acceleration and you suspect the inner cup. Make sure you are ready to replace when he inspects and find a bad one.

You should not point to either side as the culprit, inspect both and replace as your mechanic will guide you. The job entails removing both drive shafts.

The key thing here is that you make sure you replace the boots if bad and make sure they are well tied after the job.

One very important info, he should not pull out the inner cup from the gear box in less than 1hr after driving. It sounds like a myth but it does jinx the gear box. I wouldn't know for sure for a manual but its better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ifebazz(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Thank you. You sound like an authority in this field. You're far too kind.
adanny01:

Like i said, you probably have a worn inner CV joint aka inner cup. Tell him you have vibration during acceleration and you suspect the inner cup. Make sure you are ready to replace when he inspects and find a bad one.

You should not point to either side as the culprit, inspect both and replace as your mechanic will guide you. The job entails removing both drive shafts.

The key thing here is that you make sure you replace the boots if bad and make sure they are well tied after the job.

One very important info, he should not pull out the inner cup from the gear box in less than 1hr after driving. It sounds like a myth but it does jinx the gear box. I wouldn't know for sure for a manual but its better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
Mrford:

Did you change the complete fuel pump assembly or just the pump?

That's the part changed.

It seems to be only the pump.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 1stNumeroUno: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
ugreat:
Create time and confirm the fuel pump was changed,after the change confirm that fuel is getting to the fuel nozzle.
If issues still persist,check the nozzles,check the coil and ignition coil in the sequence to confirm all working as at required.

Thanks bro, I will do the suggested checks and revert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (514) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.