Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (936780 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (513) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2020
author=bharkarh post=87677924

Those two cars are not the usual recommended cars for e-hailing. You may have to refer to uber threads like:

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/2510

Or
https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread/111

There's a great wealth of information spread across Nairaland.

In your mind, be ready for answers to questions like:

Are the cars tokunbo or Nigerian used?

Your budget?

First-time car user?

Will you be driving yourself?

Then you'll get an ideas of the car to finally settle for.

Original car parts are not cheap, but it's better if it's readily available.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 6:44am On Mar 23, 2020
Gallass:

I bought another one and checked the entire throttle body (injector mouth), no difference

Your case fit be ecu sef.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Gallass(m): 7:30am On Mar 23, 2020
Besto:

Your case fit be ecu sef.
changed ECU. same thing. Had to put back my old ECU
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2020
Do you know of any within Ajah axis?

Johnsonkeyz2019:

That's not a compressor issue most likely my former AC use to be like that till it even spoilt the compressor ND stopped getting cold

It's with other components like condenser filter expansion valve ND co meet a professional let them help u remove and flush the components especially the ones inside underneath the Compartment Box (Safe) in front of passenger seat doing all that can get the issue cleared off

If u don't do something about it most likely after some months the compressor will go coz it's finding it hard to work
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2020
Gallass:

changed ECU. same thing. Had to put back my old ECU

Then you should be pointing to full engine harness.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by toogbasky(m): 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
To insure your car;
call: 07035719560
any city in Nigeria,
comprehensive insurance at it's best
ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY( Award for 2019 insurance company of the year)
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Anuoluwaosinubi: 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2020
Hello house, good evening. Currently having an engine replacement for my volkswagen jetta. The engine is a 2.0 litre engine. I noticed my kazeem removed the spring attached in this picture from this part of the tokunbo engine. And when we removed it from the old engine the spring was still there. Please I believe him removing that spring isn’t right and I need your help in knowing if he should just replace back with the one from the old engine since he has already removed the one that came with the tokunbo engine or if what he did is a safe thing to do. Looking forward to your advice. Thanks.

Cc Gazzuzz, Radautoworks, kingreignn, smartchoiice, dru23, nurey, diportivo, thebigkendo, autoelectng, weyreypey, Obekediamondfuto

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Anuoluwaosinubi:
Hello house, good evening. Currently having an engine replacement for my volkswagen jetta. The engine is a 2.0 litre engine. I noticed my kazeem removed the spring attached in this picture from this part of the tokunbo engine. And when we removed it from the old engine the spring was still there. Please I believe him removing that spring isn’t right and I need your help in knowing if he should just replace back with the one from the old engine since he has already removed the one that came with the tokunbo engine or if what he did is a safe thing to do. Looking forward to your advice. Thanks.

That is the thermostat I have no doubt your kazeem is about to remix the engine grin he would then run fan direct.

But his solution is not the right thing for overheating. I hope you won't be changing engine in 2 years time
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
Anuoluwaosinubi:

Cc Gazzuzz, Radautoworks, kingreignn, smartchoiice, dru23, nurey, diportivo, thebigkendo, autoelectng, weyreypey, Obekediamondfuto

I had same experience with my elantra years ago.. The car was over heating, and when I look at the thermostat is was rusted just like yours.. So I bought another one and the problem was fix ..

For peace of mind just buy another thermostat.. Most mechanics don't have a clue on what they are doing. By him removing the spring from thermostat he is by passing what the spring is protecting.. Crazy mechanics not only kazzem alone. Combination of craziness of mechanics ..

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by bharkarh(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2020
frebor:

Those two cars are not the usual recommended cars for e-hailing. You may have to refer to uber threads like:

https://www.nairaland.com/2653841/uber-partner-lagos-please-share/2510

Or
https://www.nairaland.com/4696641/official-car-comparison-recommendation-thread/111

There's a great wealth of information spread across Nairaland.

In your mind, be ready for answers to questions like:

Are the cars tokunbo or Nigerian used?

Your budget?

First-time car user?

Will you be driving yourself?

Then you'll get an ideas of the car to finally settle for.

Original car parts are not cheap, but it's better if it's readily available.
thanks Sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DivyaRose: 11:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Hello car gurus,

Please help interpret below scan for 2007 corrolla and advice,

1 Confirmed Trouble Codes:
• P0304: Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
6 Pending Trouble Codes:
• P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
Bank 1
• P043E: EVAP System Leak Detection Reference Orifice Low Flow - EVAP System Leak Detection
Reference Orifice Low Flow
• P043F: EVAP System Leak Detection Reference Orifice High Flow - EVAP System Leak Detection
Reference Orifice High Flow
• P2401: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump
Control Circuit Low
• P2402: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit High - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump
Control Circuit High
• P2419: EVAP System Switching Valve Control Circuit Low - EVAP System Switching Valve Control Circuit
Low
1 Engine/Transmission System Trouble Codes:
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Can i use Mobil 2000 5w-30 on my corolla 09?

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
shina101:

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto

Use 5W20. Though your manufacturer specifies 0w20 if US/canadian spec
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:48am On Mar 25, 2020
shina101:

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto

Yes you can
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2020
KINGreignn:

Use 5W20. Though your manufacturer specifies 0w20 if US/canadian spec

SA version
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Smartchoiices(m): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2020
shina101:

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto
Of course Yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dru23(m): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2020
shina101:

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto

Always and always follow manufacturers advice .. They know better
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 3:01pm On Mar 25, 2020
In another news, my car brake pedal suddenly became soft after replacing some parts of the wheel like linkage, bushing, wheel hub, ball joint. Bled it through the bleeding point on all wheel but its still soft. When the car is off and i pump the brake, it becomes tough to press(normal) but when i start the car, the brake pedal will just go down like a deflated balloon. When driving and i match the brake pedal, it goes down so easily and doesnt apply the brake until i match like twice or thrice. What could be wrong?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AshipaEk0: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2020
bleed it again, properly
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2020
dru23:

Always and always follow manufacturers advice .. They know better

At the point of manufacture yes, 100,000miles later not really.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:52am On Mar 26, 2020
shina101:
In another news, my car brake pedal suddenly became soft after replacing some parts of the wheel like linkage, bushing, wheel hub, ball joint. Bled it through the bleeding point on all wheel but its still soft. When the car is off and i pump the brake, it becomes tough to press(normal) but when i start the car, the brake pedal will just go down like a deflated balloon. When driving and i match the brake pedal, it goes down so easily and doesnt apply the brake until i match like twice or thrice. What could be wrong?

I thought we sorted this? Brake master failure.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ibechris2: 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
Where in Abuja can I scan my car to know why the check engine light is always on...though not blinking.
Sometimes the light will go off and back also hampering smoothness of the rev as if high and constant.
The car in question is Honda CRV year 2000. Pls,help out...thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheu01: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
DivyaRose:
Hello car gurus,

Please help interpret below scan for 2007 corrolla and advice,

1 Confirmed Trouble Codes:
6 Pending Trouble Codes:
• P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
Bank 1
• P043E: EVAP System Leak Detection Reference Orifice Low Flow - EVAP System Leak Detection
Reference Orifice Low Flow
• P043F: EVAP System Leak Detection Reference Orifice High Flow - EVAP System Leak Detection
Reference Orifice High Flow
• P2401: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit Low - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump
Control Circuit Low
• P2402: EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Control Circuit High - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump
Control Circuit High
• P2419: EVAP System Switching Valve Control Circuit Low - EVAP System Switching Valve Control Circuit
Low
1 Engine/Transmission System Trouble Codes:

My brother your catalyst is bad and u need to replace it, try to change the spark plug in cylinder 4 or u tell your Kazeem to check the spark plug in 4 if its still okay, if not try to change it.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by sheu01: 12:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
shina101:

cc Gazzuzz
Radautoworks
kingreignn
smartchoiice
dru23
nurey,
diportivo
thebigkendo
autoelectng
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto

Pls use 5w20, its available in Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Machini:

Whoa. Any particular reason why we shouldn't do this? Because I'm about taking delivery of a 2013 Camry SE and I was thinking of raising it.
I don raise my own tey tey,no wahala,its a life saver.
Car front bumper looks clean and smiling since then,no change on the balance even on high speed.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
Zane2point4:

I don raise my own tey tey,no wahala,its a life saver.
Car front bumper looks clean and smiling since then,no change on the balance even on high speed.

Can we see the picture after raising it?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
seanfer:

Can we see the picture after raising it?
Here it is, you'll hardly notice, bumps and galops dont worry me anymore.
Did it with 4k,
1k each.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2020
Zane2point4:

Here it is, you'll hardly notice, bumps and galops dont worry me anymore.
Did it with 4k,
1k each.

What did they do to raise it? I think I may have to do the same for mine
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
All ye Camry shock raisers, how market?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2020
ojeysky:

What did they do to raise it? I think I may have to do the same for mine
Added small smthn to the shocks,doesnt tske long.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ojeysky(m): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2020
Zane2point4:

Added small smthn to the shocks,doesnt tske long.

Is your kazeem by chance in Ado-Ekiti? My kazeem is calling some double digits for me when I told him what I want to achieve smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2020
ojeysky:

Is your kazeem by chance in Ado-Ekiti? My kazeem is calling some double digits for me when I told him what I want to achieve smiley
Then trust me he doesn't know a dime about it grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (513) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.