Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,769 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:41 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (937919 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (514) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Adaba0803(m): 2:27am On Apr 09, 2020
ojeysky:

No idea, am not into parts business

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Agasco2020(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2020
I have a Honda baby boy V6. The inner cylinders are leaking out power or air. Even if you remove the three socket plug, the engine will not go off which means that the entire inner cylinder is not working. The mechanic said the valves are bend and bad. He has granded another valves but yet the sound is not normal. Now, he suggest I change the engine. The car start one hand, the engine not smoking.
Gurus in the house, what do you suggest.
I want to take the car to Oyigbo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Agasco2020(m): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
This thread is dedicated to solving car related problems, it will cover all issues feel free to post problems here, Car gurus your posts are welcome and highly appreciated.

I have a Honda baby boy V6. The inner cylinders are leaking out power or air. Even if you remove the three socket plug, the engine will not go off which means that the entire inner cylinder is not working. The mechanic said the valves are bend and bad. He has granded another valves but yet the sound is not normal. Now, he suggest I change the engine. The car start one hand, the engine not smoking.
Gurus in the house, what do you suggest.
I want to take the car to Oyigbo for scanning

GAZZUZZ
nurey
diportivo
luvinhubby
KINGreignn
dru23
HeavenlyBang
Smartchoiice
EgunMogaji2
weyreypey
Obekediamondfuto
thebigkendo

please help a brother solve this issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by boxypane(m): 7:06am On Apr 11, 2020
Good morning and happy Easter.
Pls I need enlightenment on my 2005 Pontiac vibe.
The check light is always on. What should I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by double3(m): 8:05am On Apr 11, 2020
boxypane:
Take it for a scan undecided

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by boxypane(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2020
double3:

Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by boxypane(m): 8:07am On Apr 11, 2020
double3:

Thank you sir
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2020
boxypane:

scan it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
please
I need your help
I have Mazda 626 2001 Model.

the car is consuming much fuel ,
I want to scan the car but the scanning port of the car is OBD1 ( 17 pin)
uptill now I didn't find scanner with 17 pin.

as I started the car yesterday ,I removed the airflow meter cable and put it back while the car is still running
the car didn't off

please what should I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Promxy94(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2020
Please house, my mechanic said my transmission fluid is burnt, though the gear still selects, but it's takes time to shift from 2 to 3.

I have suspended using the vehicle for now. Please which transmission fluid is the best for it, it's a 2001 toyota camry, though the car has been parked for long, before I started using it, I don't know when last the transmission fluid was changed, and also don't know the one used to change it.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kebliss(m): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
How much will it cost me to refill a Golf 4 A.C
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by jimts(m): 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
mgdimagaladima:
please
I need your help

as I started the car yesterday ,I removed the airflow meter cable and put it back while the car is still running
the car didn't off

please what should I do?

[color=#000099][/color]That was a very good test, replace airflow meter.

If you don't trust my verdict, here's a picture of how you can connect your 17pin OBD port on your car to 16 pin OBD II port

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
mgdimagaladima:
please
I need your help

the car didn't off

please what should I do?

Where is your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mrford:

Where is your location?
Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mgdimagaladima(m): 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
jimts:

[color=#000099][/color]That was a very good test, replace airflow meter.

If you don't trust my verdict, here's a picture of how you can connect your 17pin OBD port on your car to 16 pin OBD II port
Please let's chat on whatsaapp +234 807 682 3572
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 1:45am On Apr 14, 2020
mgdimagaladima:
Abuja
Ok
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolewolsz(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
Guys please help out. I drive a camry 07 XLE. And alls been perfect until today. I tried engaging the reverse gear and it lagged before engaging like 2-3 sec. Tho all other gears are perfect while driving, the delay before engaging the reverse gear has got me worried. Please what could be the problem ? Mileage 115k+ miles.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
wolewolsz:
Guys please help out. I drive a camry 07 XLE. And alls been perfect until today. I tried engaging the reverse gear and it lagged before engaging like 2-3 sec. Tho all other gears are perfect while driving, the delay before engaging the reverse gear has got me worried. Please what could be the problem ? Mileage 115k+ miles.
When was the last time you replaced the transmission fluid?
Have you also scanned the car for error codes?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolewolsz(m): 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
KINGreignn:

When was the last time you replaced the transmission fluid?
Have you also scanned the car for error codes?

I will be doing that first thing in the morning tomorrow. It doesn't use a dipstick, I haven't replaced the transmission fluid since I got it from the US (109k) when I got it. But I will give back updates tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15am On Apr 17, 2020
wolewolsz:

I will be doing that first thing in the morning tomorrow. It doesn't use a dipstick, I haven't replaced the transmission fluid since I got it from the US (109k) when I got it. But I will give back updates tomorrow. Thanks

sensitive gear, with a proceedure that is not known to many. Watch the process so you can teach your mechanic.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolewolsz(m): 5:31am On Apr 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

sensitive gear, with a proceedure that is not known to many. Watch the process so you can teach your mechanic.

Thanks sir I really appreciate this. Will download a video and show him how its done. Will give update. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DadR: 5:39am On Apr 17, 2020
Hi Boss,

Please I need your advice on 2008 Sonata in terms of engine, gear, general maintenance...

Also, is 2004 Altis a better and preferable option to the Sonata?

Thanks

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:28am On Apr 17, 2020
DadR:
Hi Boss,

Please I need your advice on 2008 Sonata in terms of engine, gear, general maintenance...

Also, is 2004 Altis a better and preferable option to the Sonata?

Thanks

The sonata is preferably best gotten in 4cylinder. The Altis is a corolla. If you buying the Altis, ensure it is not converted.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DadR: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for the prompt feedback.

Any peculiar issues with the 2008 Sonata (i4) ?

GAZZUZZ:

The sonata is preferably best gotten in 4cylinder. The Altis is a corolla. If you buying the Altis, ensure it is not converted.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolewolsz(m): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2020
Goodmorning beautiful people, I started the car this morning and noticed the reverse gear lag has stopped, I remembered before it started, the car had a dead battery so we changed batteries while engine was still running, and then put in the dead battery back to charge up as it was loose ends that didnt let it charge in the first place. Could this be a reason for the transmission acting strangely the way it did ?
Still going for a scan today regardless. Thank u
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 8:13am On Apr 17, 2020
wolewolsz:
Goodmorning beautiful people, I started the car this morning and noticed the reverse gear lag has stopped, I remembered before it started, the car had a dead battery so we changed batteries while engine was still running, and then put in the dead battery back to charge up as it was loose ends that didnt let it charge in the first place. Could this be a reason for the transmission acting strangely the way it did ?
Still going for a scan today regardless. Thank u

Toyota/Lexus and some other modern cars have 'relearn' mode. When you replace battery or you have a battery run down, and recharge it, it goes into a 'relearn mode' to learn your driving style and adapt to it. Usually, the idle, gear changes and throttle input at first nay seen awkward but as you start driving or allowing it to learn your input, it corrects itself to suit your driving style. This could be what you experienced.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2020
Hello GAZZUZZ sir wink
I would just like to be sure sir.
Of which of these vehicles is more durable and has more expensive parts ☺️
Honda Civic 04 and Toyota Camry 04
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2020
coker007:
Hello GAZZUZZ sir wink
I would just like to be sure sir.
Of which of these vehicles is more durable and has more expensive parts ☺️
Honda Civic 04 and Toyota Camry 04

Durability is subjective.

The Camry engine is atoning chain free from maintenance, the civic is a timing belt which should be replaced every 70kmiles

The Camry engine (I4) is 250k, while the civic is 120k.

Body and suspension parts are almost at par.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Durability is subjective.

The Camry engine is atoning chain free from maintenance, the civic is a timing belt which should be replaced every 70kmiles

The Camry engine (I4) is 250k, while the civic is 120k.

Body and suspension parts are almost at par.

Much appreciated sir ☺️
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wolewolsz(m): 9:25am On Apr 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

Toyota/Lexus and some other modern cars have 'relearn' mode. When you replace battery or you have a battery run down, and recharge it, it goes into a 'relearn mode' to learn your driving style and adapt to it. Usually, the idle, gear changes and throttle input at first nay seen awkward but as you start driving or allowing it to learn your input, it corrects itself to suit your driving style. This could be what you experienced.

Thanks I am grateful for your inputs. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by myners007: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Good Day Please,
I need help on a service routine program for of my company cars, corrolla 06 and Hiace Bus respectively. Both vehicles were bought in 2015.... I need service period either in time or usaege(mileage) and which oil is also recomended.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
myners007:
Good Day Please,
I need help on a service routine program for of my company cars, corrolla 06 and Hiace Bus respectively. Both vehicles were bought in 2015.... I need service period either in time or usaege(mileage) and which oil is also recomended.

Thanks

Your location matters,
Service history of the vehicles matters,
The current state of the vehicles matters also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (514) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.