Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,423 members, 7,881,550 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

The Gospel: What Is The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel: What Is The Gospel (826 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / If This Person Can Preach The Gospel, What Is Your Excuse Not To[pix] / Those against prosperity gospel, what's your take on this (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by osaroodion(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2008
I sometimes if some folks that really call themselves Christian can define the GOSPEL. i BELIEVE IF THEY CAN THEN THERE SHOULDN'T BE DIVISION AMONG CHRISTIANS.

YOUR OPINION CAN CHANGE SOMEONES LIFE [email][/email]NOW
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by unphilaz(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2011
Bros

thanks i have just tot of it,
a lot say they are preaching the gospel
that is why they are persecuted.
But is it really the GOSPEL,
does it have the power to save - spiritually, physically, emotionally etc

The other day a man of God from zamfara said that they were persecuted because of the GOSPEL. but really are they actually speaking it or some "mixture" -> law and grace?

I heard a preacher the other day stating that the GOSPEL from its roots in greek means "too good to be true" something that is beyond the ordinary that makes man right with God. (i need to further find such information which will help. He also stated that the gospel -good news- was only used in 2 literature during the time of paul).

Why did the Jews persecute paul?
Are we really hearing the gospel or a mixture of old and new, moses and Jesus, law and grace/truth etc
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by kris2glo: 1:04am On May 25, 2011
The Gospel literally means GOOD NEWS, i.e Gods Word.
There is different between preaching God’s Word and Teaching Religion.

Must people take religion to be the gospel which is wrong. The Gospel is eternity because it is the Word of God. Religion is man-made but the Gospel is God made

Psalm 119:89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

Isaiah 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 24:35 (The Message)
32-35"Take a lesson from the fig tree. From the moment you notice its buds form, the merest hint of green, you know summer's just around the corner. So it is with you: When you see all these things, you'll know he's at the door. Don't take this lightly. I'm not just saying this for some future generation, but for all of you. This age continues until all these things take place. Sky and earth will wear out; my words won't wear out.
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by Joagbaje(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2011
The Gospel literally means GOOD NEWS, i.e Gods Word.
There is different between preaching God’s Word and Teaching Religion.

The name defines itself GOODNEWS from destruction ,poverty ,sickness,sin and death.
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by simplymee: 6:25am On May 26, 2011
The GOSPEL is the good news of God to the people of the earth . It signifies hope,strength, points the way out of issues, makes plain God's plan for his children.
MARK 16:15 (AMP) - And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news(the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by newmi(m): 9:00am On May 26, 2011
There a number of scripture that summarises the answer to this question and this is one of sure
John 10:10
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance( to the full, till it a overflows).

Then
John 3:16
16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He[ even] gave up His only begotten( a unique) Son, so that whoever believes in( trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish( come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal( everlasting) life.
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by newmi(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2011
There a number of scripture that summarises the answer to this question and this is one of sure
John 10:10
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance( to the full, till it a overflows).

Then
John 3:16
16 For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He[ even] gave up His only begotten( a unique) Son, so that whoever believes in( trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish( come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal( everlasting) life.
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by simplymee: 10:34am On May 26, 2011
MARK 16:16 (AMP) He who believes[who adheres to and trusts in and relies on the Gospel and Him Whom it sets forth] and is baptised will be saved [ from the penalty of eternal death]; but he who does not believe [who does not adhere to and trust in and rely on the Gospel and Whom it sets forth] will be condemned.
Its points to the fact that the Gospel provides room for people to come to God receiving grace in the midst of all things. THE GOSPEL SETS FREE.
Re: The Gospel: What Is The Gospel by unphilaz(m): 9:32pm On May 30, 2011
Though i dont need to be seen as hyjacking the above from the original poster.
However, from the brief discourse 'i' dont see the [b]Gospel [/b]clearly and how is it different from RELIGION?

As i earlier mention, is it the law of moses(Ten commandments?) that one does or something else?

And you will notice that there was a mention of Gospel by paul that it has POWER unto SALVATION-question is salvation only to be saved from hell only or everything as a result of the first adam? and everything from the first adam is separation from God, forfeiting the glory of God, curse of the ground for first adam sake(and u will note that everything around us is from the ground and one will notice curse on oil,naira etc).

So can we safely say that the Gospel is the Power to restore all that first adam lost in the Last Adam?

(1) (Reply)

Is Any Member Having Bad Dreams Or Cobweb? Not Good For Success / Religious Converts / Will Jesus Come Back Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.