Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,887 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Seun, Address Nairalanders - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun, Address Nairalanders (5192 Views)

How To Hide Your IP Address When Browsing / Seun/mukina, Please Address This Incompetent MOD That Should Be Cautioned! / I Need Seuns Email Address Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 28, 2014
I write this with mixed feelings. Sympathy for seun as he battles to save his roughly 9-year-old business. Sad and disappointed with the way seun relayed information to members during the evil days. And up till now seun has not formally addressed nairaland, basically, on what happened, and to answer pertinent questions raised by nairalanders. We are just left in the dark.

Questions like:
Who or what attacked this site? what do they want or what did they intented to achieve?

Some people use their nairaland E-mails to store vital information and to run transactions, how secured are our E-mails?

Should we change our Nairaland E-mails?

How secured are our anonymity, personal information like Nairaland passwords?

Was there a back up before the attack? Can nairaland still recover lost data?

People from all walks of life are passionate about this site, yet you haven't found reason(s) to give it a cooperate outlook. Set up units for various functions, not just Mods. Treat members as kings just like big businesses like telecom treat their customers like kings on customer care line.

We sympathise with you and pray normalcy returns without the heightened tribalism and religious intolerance.

God bless your hustle!

36 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 28, 2014
I am so sorry

-Oluwaseun Osewa

grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by agohmamuda(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2014
i urge u to stay calm, ur questions will be given answers to within 24hrs. Pls bare wit us.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2014
cry
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by farano(f): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Pataki: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
He has not learnt his lesson yet.

I am not expecting any silly egocentric comment from him.

4 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2014
Don't worrry,he will answer all your questions... He is feeding his dogs right now.

4 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by stevecantrell: 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
If Seun is the kind of player I think he is, he probably got well compensated for this 'data loss'.

4 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by MaziOmenuko: 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
I think his response has been on the nairaland frontpage ever since; it says the site is trying to recover from an attack that wiped out some of its data; and that you should bear with him.

What else do you want? I don't expect him to have all the answers to your questions else the attack wouldn't have lasted that far.
Its just like asking someone that lost his item; 'who stole your item'? 'What did he wear?' 'What's his name?', 'where did he go with the item?'....

19 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by redsun(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
It could have been the football fever and the unprecedented traffic.Coupled with the nigerian factor of unpreparedness in an eventuality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by LMAyedun(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko: I think his response has been on the nairaland frontpage ever since; it says the site is trying to recover from an attack that wiped out some of its data; and that you should bear with him.

What else do you want? I don't expect him to have all the answers to your questions else the attack wouldn't have lasted that far.
Its just like asking someone that lost his item; 'who stole your item'? 'What did he wear?' 'What's his name?', 'where did he go with the item?'....
Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Ishilove: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2014
berem: I am so sorry

-Oluwaseun Osewa

grin grin
Lwkmd! Seun never disappoints grin grin grin grin

Just wait, I'm sure he is preparing a bumper package for all of us when he finally descends from his Olympian heights and shows up with his speech. He always shows us that we are all learners and I'm 100% sure this occasion will not be different cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by chimerase2: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2014
Elantracey: cry
baby u r crying? cheesy
Don't cry again *gives her handky*
Oya wipe ua tears
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ishilove:
Lwkmd! Seun never fails to disappoint grin grin grin grin

Just wait, I'm sure he is preparing a bunker package for all of us when he finally descends from his Olympian heights and shows up with his speech. He always shows us that we are all learners and I'm 100% sure this occasion will not be different cheesy cheesy
waiting for him to make a statement is like waiting for dog to lay eggs. I don't see him making any statement. Bottomline is NL is back!
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by tpia: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2014
Seems his server may have mysteriously disappeared again like it did in 2006 when he gave a detailed explanation to his members then and also claimed a "banned user" was behind the attack.

The site was offline for three days then.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Randerl: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2014
Seun This is Serious Shit. Come and Explain Your Role in The Recent Data Loss.

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Randerl: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
hey @op we are back.

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
redsun: It could have been the football fever and the unprecedented traffic.Coupled with the nigerian factor of unpreparedness in an eventuality.
I seriously doubt that. The rumours circulating around say it was an attack from some of the agents of a prominent political party that is responsible for the attack in a bid to silence the members of the opposing party. They claim some damaging information was passed over the last few months, so the best way to get this information out of circulation is by attacking the forum. There are even whispers that some JTF nairalanders are the ones who attracted these unwanted attention through the posting of classified information.

Another group claims it was masterminded by ogakpatakpata because his reputation has been completely ruined over the visa fees brouhaha with Dehonourable. Google search has his names linked with curses, abuse and allegations of fraud. The only way to clear it is by attacking the forum. However this rumour is being strongly disputed by a number of users who feel ogakpatakpata lacks the intellectual brawn to plan and execute such a complicated operation as attacking, with malware, a site like Nairaland.

Another section of the rumour mill are very emphatic that it was an embittered Nairalander who hired the services of a pro hacker to bring down Nairaland because of Seun's perceived nonchalance to their complaints about the perceived excesses of some his mods.

Yet another group feel the attack was just the brain fart of some wicked individuals who have a grudge on Seun because of his pretty boy looks, and for the oodles of money they feel he is making. They feel he has gotten cocky and complacent and thus needs a serious reminder of their...er, seriousness undecided

So many stories flying around, but it is only when the owner formally addresses his teeming users that some or all of these rumours will either be refuted or confirmed.

grin grin grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by tpia: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2014
When/if seun has time, he will/may/might give an explanation as it pleases him.

Meanwhile, as you were.

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Odunharry(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2014
tpia, Austeenx, Mazi_Omenuko, Randerl, Nnaemiemax, Seun(m) and 3 guest(s)

i can see seun viewing thís thread
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Randerl: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
The Smart Response NL Crew

1. Seun and The Swift Response Squad
2. Seun at Work.
3. Mukinatu
4. An Unknown Mod

They rescued NL from the brink.

5 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ishilove:
I seriously doubt that. The rumours circulating around say it was an attack from some of the agents of a prominent political party that is responsible for the attack in a bid to silence the members of the opposing party. They claim some damaging information was passed over the last few months, so the best way to get this information out of circulation is by attacking the forum. There are even whispers that some JTF nairalanders are the ones who attracted these unwanted attention through the posting of classified information.

Another group claims it was masterminded by ogakpatakpata because his reputation has been completely ruined over the visa fees brouhaha with Dehonourable. Google search has his names linked with curses, abuse and allegations of fraud. The only way to clear it is by attacking the forum. However this rumour is being strongly disputed by a number of users who feel ogakpatakpata lacks the intellectual brawn to plan and execute such a complicated operation as attacking, with malware, a site like Nairaland.

Yet another group are very emphatic that it was an embittered Nairalander who hired the services of a pro hacker to bring down Nairaland because of Seun's perceived nonchalance to their complaints about the perceived excesses of some his mods.

Yet another group feel the attack was just the brain fart of some wicked individuals who have a grudge on Seun because of his pretty boy looks and the oodles of money they feel he is making. They feel he has gotten cocky and complacent and thus needs a serious reminder of their...er, seriousness undecided

So many stories flying around, but it is only when the owner formally addresses his teeming users that some or all of these rumours will either be refuted or confirmed.

grin grin grin cheesy
Your list is incomplete without the notorious Kemi Omololu Olunloyo"s version. Seems her facebook page is inactive.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
berem: Your list is incomplete without the notorious Kemi Omololu Olunloyo"s version. Seems her facebook page is inactive.
What verdict is that? I wouldn't take anything that demented woman says seriously.

Meanwhile,

Ngwakwe:

There are two ways of backing up data in this instance.

1. You can backup remotely and in this case, it is stored in a folder in your host's web disk.

2. You can backup locally and in this case you download the database straight to your local disk.

Now consider the following
1. The size of Nairaland database is in Gigabytes.

2. The ineffectiveness of Nigerian Network/Data Service providers that makes it virtually impossible to download 3 Gigabyte or more without interruption.

3. Now, Seun managed to backup the files on daily and sometimes weekly bases stored remotely on the host's web disk with full assurance that even when the database is corrupted by hackers that the backups will be handy for restoration and reconfiguration but alas the hackers were able to virtually format the web disk containing the remotely backed up files and databases.

There are certain unforeseen and had-I-know failures from the hosting company that contributed to this embarrassing setback and monumental sabotage.

All the blames are not to be laid on Seun Osewa.

I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Randerl: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2014
berem: Your list is incomplete without the notorious Kemi Omololu Olunloyo"s version. Seems her facebook page is inactive.

She couldn't bear the comments on her page. Frustrated Attention Seeker.
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ishilove:
What verdict is that? I wouldn't take anything that demented woman says seriously.

Meanwhile,

She's a Nairalander too I am seem to wonder how she knew so much about Nairaland.
Anyway,Seun should tell us what happened and let him break the silence.
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko: I think his response has been on the nairaland frontpage ever since; it says the site is trying to recover from an attack that wiped out some of its data; and that you should bear with him.
Don't think you are helping seun. People pressing for seun to be more cooperate about this site are not bad advicers or haters of success. It's for the best interest of this site. This was seun's only response:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1512237_img_20140626_204747_edit_jpeg195264e7b9922607822b1dde9aec0a0a
So unprofessional.

Mazi_Omenuko: What else do you want? I don't expect him to have all the answers to your questions else the attack wouldn't have lasted that far.

I and some other members aren't demanding for answers for all the questions but at least provide the ones you have. Check how e-bay attack was handled.

Mazi_Omenuko: Its just like asking someone that lost his item; 'who stole your item'? 'What did he wear?' 'What's his name?', 'where did he go with the item?'....
we are talking about software here. It's very possible to trace where the attack came from, the purpose of the attack, etc. With these, you can take some precautionary measures to prevent further attack. What makes you think they won't strike again, or another group attacking, after watching a successful crackdown of nairaland. Should we tune down on politics, religious intolerance, personality attack...should the faceless form be changed...
You can't shy away from the fact that members need to hear from nairaland admin.

9 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by Akpaife(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
Na so some dey make mouth
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by MaziOmenuko: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2014
centje:

I and some other members aren't demanding for answers for all the questions but at least provide the ones you have.

Trust me, you were not more affected than some Literature section members whose works were lost in the attack. Some of the update on my story threads were lost due to the attack; some like Eze promoe lost a full thread! You ask for answers, but do you really think the admin have answers to all your questions? During the period of attack, I always read seun's comments on twitter and facebook, he wasn't quite about it. He tried to update his status about recent developments.
We all know seun isn't too good with public relations and crises management but let's not assume he has all the answers and kept quite about it.

Its possible he is still working behind the curtains to get the full picture of the attack before making a full comment on it. All the same, I advice we have patience and see how things work out.

With time, he may have something to tell us.

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by MaziOmenuko: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
berem: She's a Nairalander too I am seem to wonder how she knew so much about Nairaland.
Anyway,Seun should tell us what happened and let him break the silence.

That raving b!tch got no teeth to bite! I read her updates and discovered she was just a lunatic deprived of atrention. What worries me is that prior to this major breakdown, there were signs nl was not steady; it was always going off for hours (especially on midnights when few people notice) and was becoming frequent.

Anyway, with time, we'll know what transpired.
Re: Seun, Address Nairalanders by bankyblue(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2014
i notice b4 the attack on nairaland my time spent on nairaland was 14day and and some Minute
but now is 10days and some Minute.

i also notice that i changed my proflie pix from stanbic ibtc logo to my own pix
but now stanbic pix is back angry

SEUN take note and pls return my time spent
thank u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Chioma Before She Met Davido / Amaka, Oyinda & Fl Gators Vying For C2h5oh & Na2day / Are Humans Greedy By Nature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.