Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,899 members, 7,922,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:30 PM

NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs (25152 Views)

True Confession: How Judases Betrayed The Nma Strike By Sacking Us - Nard Presid / JOHESU Declares 5-day Warning Strike From Jan 15 / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: very good. leave us make we go strike.when any member of your family goes Ill please go and see johesu in the hospitals.we have left the hospitals for them,since doctors are not the ones patients go to see. for the record THE HOSPITALS EXIST BECAUSE OF THE DOCTORS.PATIENTS COME TO SEE DOCTORS.THE OTHER STAFF ARE SUPPORT STAFF. most of you here should pray that you have no health emergencies during this strike.just pray hard!

Irritating but so true and that confirms my stance.
I don't go to hospital to see one ffucking nurse, radiographer etc. I need to see a doctor, case closed. Prescription self, there are pharmacists outside that attend to it. I wonder what they are doing inside there self. It's ok sha.
No doctor, no hospital but the same can't be said about other professionals in the sector

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by biomedixexcel(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2014
No these ducks stick to the title; DR that is reserved for people with PhD, but only few knowledgeable among them prefer to be addressed as PHYSICIANS and hence MR
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 10:22am On Jun 30, 2014
gmyguy: when yáll run to india and the uk etc...to worship foreign doctors and spend all your family savings and church contributions. you forget how you ridicule your home grown docs. When you should be trying to make things better, so you don't have to go bankrupt to get good healthcare. Cry foul, all you want, till you need a doctor and see where the problem really lies, not in the doctor, but the stupid system we call a government.

i will rather waste all my fortune going abroad to seek medical attention from people who care and values the human lives than to sit here and die in anguish waiting for one selfish doctor who is going on indefinite strike just for his pocket and his selfish ego..
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2014
Medicine is not a democracy, it is a profession
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

i will rather waste all my fortune going abroad to seek medical attention from people who care and values the human lives than to sit here and die in anguish waiting for one selfish doctor who is going on indefinite strike just for his pocket and his selfish ego..
and what about those with no savings...i guess things will only get better now that the CMD appointed in that crappy govt hosp, where you bribe clerks 200box to get everything done, used to be an orderly
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: very good. leave us make we go strike.when any member of your family goes Ill please go and see johesu in the hospitals.we have left the hospitals for them,since doctors are not the ones patients go to see. for the record THE HOSPITALS EXIST BECAUSE OF THE DOCTORS.PATIENTS COME TO SEE DOCTORS.THE OTHER STAFF ARE SUPPORT STAFF. most of you here should pray that you have no health emergencies during this strike.just pray hard!
Thank You... Don't worry nobody will fall ill. Those ill will be attended to by Nurses in the Interim before transferred to INDIA(as usual).
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
gmyguy: when yáll run to india and the uk etc...to worship foreign doctors and spend all your family savings and church contributions. you forget how you ridicule your home grown docs. When you should be trying to make things better, so you don't have to go bankrupt to get good healthcare. Cry foul, all you want, till you need a doctor and see where the problem really lies, not in the doctor, but the stupid system we call a government.
our people are funny I tell you. Nigerian doctors are quacks yet Dora akunyili was diagnosed in Nigeria and misdiagnosed abroad.funny lot. fly your families out. the Nigerian doctors don't care anymore. we have lost your sympathy, so have you lost ours. during this strike, none of you should dare see a doctor whether public or private.go to the pharmacists and nurses.they ll sort you out. look at the rubbish Nigerians are saying about their doctors.pathetic.you can't cough where you senators, reps and governors are BUT you want to crucify one of the few groups of people who actually work everyday then you wonder why our country is in shambles.a people who worship criminals and demonise the hard working ones. I repeat anything you people see during this strike, endure it!

10 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
gmyguy: The health sector is not a democracy, it is a profession
The Health Sector is not a Profession. Medicine is a Profession WITHIN the Health Sector, same with Nursing, Med Lab etc.

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

then prepare to go the way of Dora akunyili.

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2014
Dragonking:

I'm sure you haven't done so before, cos if you have, you would know that people's personality vary. Don't be surprised if your foreign doctor isn't as nice as Mary Poppins, he might even be rascist...whatever....they also like your money, cos you will not be under health insurance, but i guess its your money...oh, and they are also very confident and could come out being egocentric, unlike the timid nature of most Nigerian trained doctors these days. Don't get confused by the different personalities, it doesn't mean all Nigerian doctors are after your money and too high handed

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: then prepare to go the way of Dora akunyili.
for your info, dora akunyili had all her treatment abroad, so that doesn't even make sense, and so did stella obasanjo, arisekola alao...so, its not really a medical heaven
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: our people are funny I tell you. Nigerian doctors are quacks yet Dora akunyili was diagnosed in Nigeria and misdiagnosed abroad.funny lot. fly your families out. the Nigerian doctors don't care anymore. we have lost your sympathy do have you lost ours. during this strike, none of you should dare see a doctor whether public or private.go to the pharmacists and nurses.they ll sort you out. look at the rubbish Nigerians are saying about their doctors.pathetic.you can't cough where you senators, reps and governors are BUT you want to crucify one of the few groups of people who actually work everyday then you wonder why our country is in shambles.a people who worship criminals and demonise the hard working ones. I repeat anything you people see during this strike, endure it!
With such mentality, you doctors can GO TO HELL! Glorified First Aid Treatment that you lot are giving while the real deal is done in India.

Overrated bunch

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 10:35am On Jun 30, 2014
Nigerians are just funny. you escape from the Nigerian trained doctors, run to the US and UK and get treated by the same Nigerian trained doctors.doesn't it tell you something is fundamentally wrong with our system

7 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: With such mentality, you doctors can GO TO HELL! Glorified First Aid Treatment that you lot are giving while the real deal is done in India.

Overrated bunch
grin grin.......OGA please fly your family to India and leave us be.na fight go to Upth and see the inferior quality MRI and ultrasound machines there. yet we manage to help our patients.channel your frustrations to you govt and not the Nigerian doctors.

4 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Dragonking: 10:41am On Jun 30, 2014
gmyguy: I'm sure you haven't done so before, cos if you have, you would know that people's personality vary. Don't be surprised if your foreign doctor isn't as nice as Mary Poppins, he might even be rascist...whatever....they also like your money, cos you will not be under health insurance, but i guess its your money...oh, and they are also very confident and could come out being egocentric, unlike the timid nature of most Nigerian trained doctors these days. Don't get confused by the different personalities, it doesn't mean all Nigerian doctors are after your money and too high handed

so is it the nigerian doctors that are nice? you would rarely see the doctors going on continuous and senseless strikes because they want to show their superiority in any highly developed country..only nigerian doctors are different.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Demdem(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: The Health Sector is not a Profession. Medicine is a Profession WITHIN the Health Sector, same with Nursing, Med Lab etc.

My rivers friend. Abegii leave tori. Doctors are superior. Any attempt to equate them with other professions in the sector can be equated in saying that both ssanu and nasu should be equated to ASUU in the university.
Patients go to hospital to see doctors and not nurses or radiographers etc the same way students are primarily admitted to school to be taught by lecturers and not librarians.

5 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 30, 2014
Demdem:

My rivers friend. Abegii leave tori. Doctors are superior. Any attempt to equate them with other professions in the sector can be equated in saying that both ssanu and nasu should be equated to ASUU in the university.
Patients go to hospital to see doctors and not nurses or radiographers etc the same way students are primarily admitted to school to be taught by lecturers and not librarians.
How can Dokitas be superior when they do not own the Health Care Sector? ASUU like you pointed out is made of Academics from DIFFERENT fields in the Academia. I don't see any correlation here.
The Health Sector is made of different professionals with each having their distinctive roles. It is fair for Dokitas to give sanity a chance.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2014
phantom: grin grin.......OGA please fly your family to India and leave us be.na fight go to Upth and see the inferior quality MRI and ultrasound machines there. yet we manage to help our patients.channel your frustrations to you govt and not the Nigerian doctors.
lols... Its not by having all the machines but effectively use them.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by bumfem: 10:55am On Jun 30, 2014
kachy: What does it even mean to be a consultant in the field of medicine? From what I gathered, it has nothing to do with the number of years one has practised medicine. And that's why there are medical officers that are never referred to as consultants, no matter how long they have practised medicine. Now a pharmacist that dispenses drugs to patients and in some cases directs one on how to take them, wants to be called a consultant for such duties.SMH. Simply because he/she feels she has been doing such for so many years and deserves to be called consultant on this premise. I think its absurd, but then this is naija where anything goes. Consultant ambulance driver, consultant cleaner, consultant radiographer cheesy grin grin grin

Some guys just post ignorantly post without checking the book. Other health professionals are not regulated by MDCAN or NMA . They have their own reg bodies that confer them consultant based on laid down rules approved by the govt. So nobody just wake up and do that. UCH ibadan has been doing this for years nobody raise eyebrow till appointment of Chukuw as health minister ,nma dummie .

Can the structural engineer regulatory body prevent appointment of Architect as consultant claiming it will cause confusion in the building site?

It is good they now in court. It is time for NMA to be put where it belong.

Doctors will sufer with privatization.Currently,many of them are out there no jobs. No where to do internship talk more of residency. At times I laugh when they use privatization as threat. It is as if they do not know what they really want.

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Demdem(m): 10:56am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: How can Dokitas be superior when they do not own the Health Care Sector?

No one claimed they owned it. They themselves know they don't. However they are superior.

ASUU like you pointed out is made of Academics from DIFFERENT fields in the Academia. I don't see any correlation here.

The correlation is the their importance and relevance in that sector. No doctor no hospital, likewise no lecturer no university. It's as simple as that.

The Health Sector is made of different professionals with each having their distinctive roles. It is fair for Dokitas to give sanity a chance.

The same way the university system has various professionals. I agree that some post should be bequeathed to non doctors to give them sense of belonging like it's given to ssanu in the university like bursar's, librarian etc but for them to be fighting for the best the sector can give is ridiculous.
Do u know anywhere in the world where such is done? Kindly share please.

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Demdem:
ASUU is likened to Health Sector. ASUU have different Professionals, so is Health Sector.

An Academic from any sector can Head ASSU or become a VC. It is fair that other health professional have same privilege.

The Hospital will be useless without the Nurses, Med Lab, Radiologists, Physios etc. It is not an exclusive preserve of doctors.
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by armadeo(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2014
San Miguel:

My Senator grin grin

Lol
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2014
bumfem:

Some guys just post ignorantly post without checking the book. Other health professionals are not regulated by MDCAN or NMA . They have their own reg bodies that confer them consultant based on laid down rules approved by the govt. So nobody just wake up and do that. UCH ibadan has been doing this for years nobody raise eyebrow till appointment of Chukuw as health minister ,nma dummie .

Can the structural engineer regulatory body prevent appointment of Architect as consultant claiming it will cause confusion in the building site?

Doctors will sufer with privatization.Currently,many of them are out there no jobs. No where to do internship talk more of residency. At times I laugh when they use privatization as threat. It is as if they do not know what they really want.
Dokitas are pained
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by armadeo(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2014
obayaya: .

Imagine o!!!

Doctors dey jealous us grin

They don't know what it takes to become a senator of the federal republic cheesy

Even a louder lol
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Demdem(m): 11:25am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: ASUU is likened to Health Sector. ASUU have different Professionals, so is Health Sector.

All these professionals have one thing in common, one thing that binds them together, one thing that makes them members of ASUU and that is being lecturers which itself is a Profession. They are all teachers.

An Academic from any sector can Head ASSU or become a VC. It is fair that other health professional have same privilege.

Yes, any teacher from whatever field can head ASUU and become a VC. Expecting a non teacher to be a VC is bullshit the same way expecting non doctors to become cmd of teaching hospitals. Other health professional I agree should have some level of privilege the same way non teachers in the university have exclusive seats for them within the university system.

The Hospital will be useless without the Nurses, Med Lab, Radiologists, Physios etc. It is not an exclusive preserve of doctors.

These ones are support staff. I disagree that it will be useless. The chances of a very sick man surviving in an hospital with no support staff but filled with doctors is very high than an hospital filled with support staffs and no doctor.
Infact patients will prefer to go for the one with doctors than support staffs.

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by kachy: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2014
obayaya:

If their hazard allowance for sitting in their offices making useless diagnosis should be at Least 100k, How much should the hazard allowance for lab scientists, Radiologists who are exposed to greater hazards in the laboratories nko?

Na God go punish NMA

You seem not to know the difference between radiographer and radiologist. Besides that, both do not work in laboratories. Google is your friend. Try visiting more often. And for the records, whenever anybody you know falls sick, make sure you don't visit a doctor since God would have probably finished punishing all the doctors by then.

2 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2014
kachy:

You seem not to know the difference between radiographer and radiologist. Besides that, both do not work in laboratories. Google is your friend. Try visiting more often. And for the records, whenever anybody you know falls sick, make sure you don't visit a doctor since God would have probably finished punishing all the doctors by then.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by kachy: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2014
barcanista: How can Dokitas be superior when they do not own the Health Care Sector? ASUU like you pointed out is made of Academics from DIFFERENT fields in the Academia. I don't see any correlation here.

That's why there are different specialties in medicine. So you see the correlation?
Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2014
kachy:

That's why there are different specialties in medicine. So you see the correlation?
Virtually all profession have specialties. Be It Accounting, Marketing, Medicine, Pharmacy etc.

Abeg you have no point

1 Like

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by kachy: 11:54am On Jun 30, 2014
bumfem:

It seems you know better than I do here, but then, is the title consultant conferred by NMA or MDCN to the doctors?

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by phantom(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2014
for the record after the doctor takes a history from his patient(asks questions about the patients complaints,duration,family history,drug history e.t.c) and examines the patient,the doctor pretty much has an idea what is wrong with the patient 85% of the time. labtests and radiological investigations are CONFIRMATORY. a good doctor hardly depends on these ancillary investigations. why would i need a lab investigation or an ultrasound scan to diagnose and treat acute appendicitis? i dont need lab work to treat malaria. that is why a doctor by virtue of his training is the key variable in the equation.

the doctors own the hospitals
the pharmacists own pharmaceutical companies. that is why i think a doctor SHOULD NOT HEAD NAFDAC FOR WHATEVER REASON.
standalone laboratories should be headed by lab technologists NOT labs that are part of hospitals

3 Likes

Re: NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs by kachy: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2014
bumfem:

It seems you know better than I do here, but then, is the title consultant conferred by NMA or MDCN to the doctors?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Corpses In Lagos Await To Be Reunited Back Home / Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat / COVID-19: Lagos Adopts Biosecurity Measures At Abattoir, Slaughter Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.