Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,325 members, 7,881,207 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:21 PM

10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? (37563 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
When I was younger, I used to do a lot of visiting because my neighbours had generator and I didn't (I've been staying without my parents since my Uni days) we would gist and gist and gist. But now that I'm busier and can afford fuel for generator, DSTV, etc, internet, etc. I hardly even spend my weekends at home and whenever I'm around my doors are always open for anyone for a chat or to eat what I'm cooking unless when I'm not just in the mood.

Most times I'm passive. But if you look for my trouble, and finally find it ehn...........
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Most active NLers are introverts. Forget all the noise they make here. they are like pus.sy cats in their neighborhoods/offices.
lol..very true.they form badoo online but are actually jellyfish.are you a pus.sy cat too...
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Mrkachi(m): 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
The arrogant neighbour;she will neva greet U, neva respects U nd insults d whole neighbourhood.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by sebyluv(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
Pls u forgot d Pet Keeping Neighbours, making d whole compound smelly and by the way d most annoying are the Constantly Praying Ones, who disturb people's relaxation cos dey feel dr God is a deaf god.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by zubis05: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
Right now I still live with my parents(no job yet). Hmmm! Relatives are the worst neighbours to have! We live in our family compound so there's no restriction what so ever for movement into and out of our house. There is that uncle who eats all the bread we have,opens all the pots to see what has been cooked. There is that other uncle that comes to watch footbal with all his annoying little kids who keep running round the house looking for what I don't know. With the world cup on now you can believe me when I say he does it everyday. Sometimes they leave as late as 12am!!! There are the cousins who think I wake up and sleep on money. Always always asking for money for one thing or the other,you guys should also know that they are mostly older than I am. Some with kids and a wife. There are the aunties who walk in anytime and go straight into any room of the house to meet who they came to see. What category have I not covered? That's just a bit of what I can remember right now. Ahhhhh,I almost forgot! The visitors that keep coming and going at all hours! I think those are the people I dislike the most!

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by 1stola: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
Yomieluv: Am the mysterious neighbour,I don't mix up with people,am always on my own,always on nairaland when at home,or watching film. don't like familiarity in any sense..except I call my neighbour out to move his car,for me to drive out,nothing else,I doubt my neighbour knows my name. well he's married,am not.
waiting consign us with ur marital status here now?

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by gogodaye(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Ericardo7: I'm the number 2 kinda neighbour....my neighbours are kinda used tew mhi. I call d elder ones "daddy" and "mummy". I enter any house (kitchen mostly), eat, chat, play, do chores ones in a while. Everybody loves me. I'm known as the "Son-Of-The-Street"
The 'original/real' quintessential 'area' boy.........So well trusted by all.........................

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Djicemob: I had this weird neighbour ones back in university days,The only thing i or we know abt this guy is his name "jigga"(not even his real name)He neva talks to anyone,doesnt have any friends,neva ask for favors,dont drink,doesnt go to church or mosque(we heard rumors that he is a muslim),nobody knows what his room looks like,20 rooms and nobody really got close to him... till we graduated. #Creepy
Creepy fellow no be smallshocked
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
hydeka: even remote? Ha! She go soon come borrow your Tv.
OMG... Hahahaha
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by rezzy: 5:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
neutralwaya:

Mathew 12:31

Mathew 22:35-40

Na lie joor.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
rezzy:

Na lie joor.

Na u sabi. Quote your own na
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by rezzy: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
neutralwaya:

Na u sabi. Quote your own na

its honour ur father and ur mother for this is the first commandment with a promise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Ericardo7(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
gogodaye:
The 'original/real' quintessential 'area' boy.........So well trusted by all.........................
Na normal level na
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
rezzy:

its honour ur father and ur mother for this is the first commandment with a promise.

Are you quoting yourself or the verse ?

Note that we are talking about Neighbours here
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by benELOHIM7(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
FEMALE visitors, at ur age. If u like don't find a lady and settle down. U and ur visitors deserves to be looked at
alextayo: I have this neighbour who usually send her teenage daughters to come and charge lamps and torchlights anytime I put on my gen. and they sometimes bring their phones for charging and I dont have any problem with that. But one day when I was in the thick middle of things with a lady, they came knocking and I refused to open the door and to my annoyance, the kept on knocking, trying the door handle because they knew I was inside. I was forced to attend to them so I can enjoy my glorious moment but with a stern warning. They also have an habit of standing by the gate to catch a view of my female visitors when im seeing them off.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by piagetskinner(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2014
Oboy c comments...anyways I don't think my type is listed here,in a case where everybody lives in his or her own house(s). I don't think any of my neighbour knows my name + I don't know theirs either,nd whev bn living on the same street 4 years now#
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Yemlizzy(f): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Lollz.....so damn hilarious. Even without having such neighbour,its common to see the mysterious neighour,fighting couple,parentless kids,party freaks,copy cat neighbours and even all infact everywhere. Such an amusing list.

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Talk2david1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
So so true. Live in my type of compound and you'll experience all of them. Including those whose jobs are to gossip from dusk till dawn. I think I belong to number 3,as long as u r not living in my apartment,you'll never know what am doing or up to.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by alextayo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Did someone forgot to lock your cage?
benELOHIM7: FEMALE visitors, at ur age. If u like don't find a lady and settle down. U and ur visitors deserves to be looked at

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
In my compund we simply av 4flats.. I and my neighbour, we are number 10.. Funny we both take life easy. He's an easy going dude.. And our landlord, is always relieved there's no drama in his compound.. Always quiet.. Nobody get time for wahala.. Hustling continues till we get 2 d promised land smiley
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by imurboss: 8:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
So hilarious.....I'm the passive type,just like to mind my own business. But my neighbour,she's just the busy-body/over friendly type. She brings different stories about the compound to me & expects me to contribute,one day I overheard them gossiping about us too from then I knew the kind of person she is & since then I distant myself from her.She brings her children to me on weekends saying she wants to quickly go to the market & it takes her the whole day,it's so annoying because she thinks I don't work on Saturdays & that warrants her to make me her nanny. Anyway all that is past now cos I don't give her face anymore,she herself once told me that she doesn't look at 'uche's face, so why should look at hers...shioor
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by HarryPotter1(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
I live in a hood where all these kind of neighbours are found, but in my compound we have most of the parentless kids making noise here and there and we also have what i call I.T.K.(I To Know) neighbour dat claims they know everything in this world even spiritual things,hehe papa xyz
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by youngice(m): 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Mutuwa: Personally i belong to the last category..but men av had a neighbour worse than the "Addams family" wired i mean..friendly but the guy comes bk home late.at a tym he came bk late,drunk and was throwing up in a cab that brought him home,ofcourse with his LovePeddler by his side.U see him with an expensive car today,tomorrow he is flat broke he sells the car,sublease his apartment and comes bk after a year..just too wired bt nice.

I use to hav a fighting couple but no more..
Nice thread Op..brought bk some old thoughts. smiley
if u are in Nigeria ,then that neighbor is a yahoo boy
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by sucobaba(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2014
Becacia_Barbie: Wow! it still feels good to have Nairaland back. so happy reading comments and laughing all alone. smiley
You not alone dear lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
Uchwilliam: Ok i stay with my uncle nd family in ph.we hv 5 meighbors(2 storeybuiding).1. landlady family always quarellin wit everione includin themselves,she married her husband.2. Weird family.d man is sick d wife is creepy,wives brother moves lik undertaker..so weird mehn 3. Silent & sexy family.handsome father,sexy wife,sexy daughter(i hv a crush on her nd am gettin closer),hansome nd naughty son.this people quarel suntyms but quietly of cos 4. D noisy family.this family is made of playful nd noisy kids so apart frm sch hrs noise always emenates frm dia. 5. The young nd frindly family.this family are my best so far and thank God they live closest to our flat.am friends with d husband nd gist nd laugh together.d wife like me nd i like she sumtyms touch me whn d husband is nt around.i know dat i wil Bleep her if i want but am a guy of principle.

u idiot so u and my wife have benn romancing i will c u in d morning
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by sucobaba(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
Am so loving this thread...some comments will throw you off your balance with laughter,some you will thank God for your life,some you will tell God to remember you quickly while some...you just shake your head and shout "PACKAGING" lol
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Peterock0009:

That no. 3 describes me cheesy
Sorry my neighbours tongue

good job spik u had to quote d whol thread

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by rezzy: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2014
neutralwaya:

Are you quoting yourself or the verse ?

Note that we are talking about Neighbours here

You quoted the bible initially, but i'm saying there is nothing like that in d bible.

Yes, the bible says love ur neighbour as yourself. The bible didnt add 'for this is the first commandment with a promise'
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Margaret123(f): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2014
Over-frndly nd mysterious neighbours....
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2014
rezzy:

You quoted the bible initially, but i'm saying there is nothing like that in d bible.

Yes, the bible says love ur neighbour as yourself. The bible didnt add 'for this is the first commandment with a promise'

I understand your last statement. A mistake on my part noted.

But you went off point without being specific by quoting a verse related to the subject-matter, thereby, sounding condescending like you are a 'bible scholar ' or those 'born again' types who look down on those they perceived ill-informed about the scripture.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by rezzy: 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
neutralwaya:

I understand your last statement. A mistake on my part noted.

But you went off point without being specific by quoting a verse related to the subject-matter, thereby, sounding condescending like you are a 'bible scholar ' or those 'born again' types who look down on those they perceived ill-informed about the scripture.

Haba na, i was surprised wen i saw the quote and really wanted to know where u took the verse from. Bible scholar ke? who dash me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Falls From A Mango Tree And Dies In Imo (Photo) / Expectant Mum, Kids Stranded In U.S. After Husband’s Sudden Death (pic) / Cute 4 Generation Photo (Females)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.