Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,752 members, 7,905,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:24 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (685764 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 9:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dearest VO. Am sure you are good. U are doing a great job here . Ma, my family was given a visa on 13th of june 2014 and was cancellled again on aug 7 2014 because the Consular said we presnted a fake document of adoption which is not my family fault . The person that introduce the lawyer that did the adoption for us , also did the same adoption processing and paper for the same person and was given a visa and ours was cancelled because of d document presented .I write with heavy mind cos write now my family is moving apart , the joy in my family is no more there again. .Ma we were also banned permanently from entering US .Ma , initially wen we came for interview there was no fault found on us our papers were complete likewise our marriage . This cancellation is tearing my life . Pls kindly advice me
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonero4urch(m): 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dear Mr Visa Officer,
Thanks for the good work God has been using you to do in this nairaland travel thread. May God richly reward you in Jesus name. Amen
I am a Nigerian(igbo) residing in lagos and am aspiring to apply for US visa because I have been selected to be a volunteer/fellow for a non profit organisation in the US; a program organised by an organisation that brings fellows/volunteers from all over the world to come and do a non-paid work in the US.
I am writing to seek for your help as for the type of visa I need to apply for and the necessary documents I need to present on the interview date though I have not applied for interview yet.
Your guidance will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Congratulations on the visa issuance!

You should pay the USCIS fee before you travel. You won't be denied entry if you haven't paid it, but they won't produce and send the Legal Permanent Resident cards until you do.

Good to hear that, But if eventually pay in Nigeria, that doesn't guarantee a LPR Card will be produce or sent to one here in Nigeria not on till he presented himself at the POE cheesy

But I will like to ask if decided to pay the Green Card when he/she move to Yankee, will it affect getting a SSN before paying as well?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakesyd005(m): 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Good day ma,
I just want to tanks you for the great work you are doing here in this thread.
May the good lord bless you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lakesyd005(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2014
Good day ma and thanks for a job well done...
Please ma,after a successful visa issuance(husbnd nd wife)...is it possible for d beneficiary to jet out of d country to usa before d principal applicant, due to financial difficulties?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Lol @ "ma".
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 1:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello ma,
please i need your candid advise concerning my husband case, he was denied visa due material misrepresentation that he used in the past.
now that we have migrated to the us(myself and our little daughter) i dont know which of the form to file that he wont be denied again ma.
Can i go ahead and file pettition i-130 for him or is it waiver i-601 that i should go for ma?.Because right now i am in a fix i dont know which one to go for.
please ma, i need your advise.kindly put me through.
God bless you and all that is yours ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2014
gabriellle: Dear VO,

Thank you very much for being such a valuable resource to us on this forum.

I applied for an immigrant visa for my parent and have requested expedited processing based on a medical emergency.

How long does it typically take to receive a decision from the Embassy? My case was forwarded from the NVC yesterday.

Thank you!

Best,
Gabriellle

We answer NVC the same day they contact us, but I'm not sure how long it takes them to get back to the petitioners. Please keep in mind that requests for expedited processing are rarely granted.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2014
abubu79: VO,pls I need ur advice,am a father of 3kids,I v travel to german twice alone witout my spouse,we both apply for german visa n she got her visa on her pp,now we intend to apply for a US visa,us my wife n I,my frinda advice to join my kids for application bt due cash involve,pls wats our chance of being issued a visa,den how do I go about it,can we go d embassy wit d same docx we used for d german embassy,

Thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:20am On Sep 19, 2014
abos: Dearest VO. Am sure you are good. U are doing a great job here . Ma, my family was given a visa on 13th of june 2014 and was cancellled again on aug 7 2014 because the Consular said we presnted a fake document of adoption which is not my family fault . The person that introduce the lawyer that did the adoption for us , also did the same adoption processing and paper for the same person and was given a visa and ours was cancelled because of d document presented .I write with heavy mind cos write now my family is moving apart , the joy in my family is no more there again. .Ma we were also banned permanently from entering US .Ma , initially wen we came for interview there was no fault found on us our papers were complete likewise our marriage . This cancellation is tearing my life . Pls kindly advice me

Good morning,

I know this case well and our decision in this case is final. I would rather you not ask us about it in this forum, because you and I both know more about the case than you are sharing with the public, and that puts me in a situation of not being able to respond accurately without divulging information that you have not shared here. (This is why we don't discuss specific cases in this forum... at least, when I do, I base my responses ONLY on what is written here and not on details that have not been made public by the visa applicant or petitioner.)

Feel free to send us an e-mail with more information about the person you claim should not have received a visa, and I will be very glad to revisit that case and, if warranted, to cancel his or her visa as well. LagosIV@state.gov
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2014
tonero4urch: Dear Mr Visa Officer,
Thanks for the good work God has been using you to do in this nairaland travel thread. May God richly reward you in Jesus name. Amen
I am a Nigerian(igbo) residing in lagos and am aspiring to apply for US visa because I have been selected to be a volunteer/fellow for a non profit organisation in the US; a program organised by an organisation that brings fellows/volunteers from all over the world to come and do a non-paid work in the US.
I am writing to seek for your help as for the type of visa I need to apply for and the necessary documents I need to present on the interview date though I have not applied for interview yet.
Your guidance will be much appreciated.
Thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Sep 19, 2014
Adeboy007:

Good to hear that, But if eventually pay in Nigeria, that doesn't guarantee a LPR Card will be produce or sent to one here in Nigeria not on till he presented himself at the POE cheesy

But I will like to ask if decided to pay the Green Card when he/she move to Yankee, will it affect getting a SSN before paying as well?

No, you won't get an LPR card until you have entered the United States. They just like you to pay beforehand.

I know very little about getting a Social Security Number. My knowledge mostly stops at the point when the visas are issued. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2014
Lakesyd005: Good day ma and thanks for a job well done...
Please ma,after a successful visa issuance(husbnd nd wife)...is it possible for d beneficiary to jet out of d country to usa before d principal applicant, due to financial difficulties?

Never. The principal applicant must enter the U.S. first, or with the derivatives. Derivatives who attempt to enter the U.S. before the principal applicants will have their visas cancelled and be sent back to their home countries.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry: Lol @ "ma".

"Ma" is accurate. cool

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:29am On Sep 19, 2014
AREOLA: Hello ma,
please i need your candid advise concerning my husband case, he was denied visa due material misrepresentation that he used in the past.
now that we have migrated to the us(myself and our little daughter) i dont know which of the form to file that he wont be denied again ma.
Can i go ahead and file pettition i-130 for him or is it waiver i-601 that i should go for ma?.Because right now i am in a fix i dont know which one to go for.
please ma, i need your advise.kindly put me through.
God bless you and all that is yours ma.

Greetings! You should file the I-130 and then the I-601. Right now the waiting time for the F2A (spouse of an LPR) visa is around a year and a half, so the sooner the better!

Normally I would tell you to wait until his interview is scheduled to file the I-601, but I remember your case well and know that the I-601 is the right form to file. You do need to file the I-130 first, but if you file the I-601 soon after, his waiver will likely already be in place when he comes to his interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abos: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good morning,

I know this case well and our decision in this case is final. I would rather you not ask us about it in this forum, because you and I both know more about the case than you are sharing with the public, and that puts me in a situation of not being able to respond accurately without divulging information that you have not shared here. (This is why we don't discuss specific cases in this forum... at least, when I do, I base my responses ONLY on what is written here and not on details that have not been made public by the visa applicant or petitioner.)

Feel free to send us an e-mail with more information about the person you claim should not have received a visa, and I will be very glad to revisit that case and, if warranted, to cancel his or her visa as well. LagosIV@state.gov
dear VO thanks for the reply ,ma , you sounded as if there's something my family is not telling you ma , I've nothing to hide and there's no lie concerning this issue , we were acting based on the advice they gave us on nairaland, and not that we wanted to play on the intelligence of the embassy . We never believe this will cost us our own visa if we had we won't have done it or follow it up.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by princemoyemi(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2014
good day all,
my interview is on monday 22nd @ Abuja embassy, am to attend a seminar in the US to be sponse by my employer. My problem now is that, my employer address my documents to Lagos Embassy and i have Abuja on my appointment, will this have an effect pls?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2014
princemoyemi: good day all,
my interview is on monday 22nd @ Abuja embassy, am to attend a seminar in the US to be sponse by my employer. My problem now is that, my employer address my documents to Lagos Embassy and i have Abuja on my appointment, will this have an effect pls?

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2014
Dear V.O,
How are you today? I know i'm still on AP but as I was told on "common names"
I am very sure you know more about my case because if it's just on common names, I don't think it should take this long for it to be resolved the US has the best technology in the world that I know. If there's more to it i'd like to know please and if there's anything (info) you'd like to know or ask, i'll be willing to share.
I sincerely want to be cleared for being placed on AP it makes me look like an enemy of the states which i'm not and never will.
I don't want to miss this opportunity. It's a dream come true for me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by princemoyemi(m): 11:37am On Sep 19, 2014
thanks for the answerred question but one more thing i need to ask,
since am going for a b1b2 visa, my employer address my documents to Lagos embassy while i have my appointment with Abuja embassy, hope it wont be an issue?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by otisd: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If your father is still living, you and your stepsister could test your DNA against him. If both of you are his biological children, then you will qualify for the F4.

We can't suggest direct sibling-to-sibling DNA because false negatives are so common with this type of DNA test. My brother and I have the same parents, but it's technically possible (although unlikely) that each of us inherited a totally different set of DNA from our parents. Each parent gave each of us 50% of their DNA, but it's technically possible that my brother and I each got a different 50%. So, legally, if we want to know if applicants are siblings, they have to be tested through a common parent.

Thanks V.O..
But is the wait time really 12 years? I'm not feeling so lucky right now. My dad at the moment is M.I.A,I haven't seen him in a decade! Any other options or is this a deal breaker?
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ddream77: Dear V.O,
How are you today? I know i'm still on AP but as I was told on "common names"
I am very sure you know more about my case because if it's just on common names, I don't think it should take this long for it to be resolved the US has the best technology in the world that I know. If there's more to it i'd like to know please and if there's anything (info) you'd like to know or ask, i'll be willing to share.
I sincerely want to be cleared for being placed on AP it makes me look like an enemy of the states which i'm not and never will.
I don't want to miss this opportunity. It's a dream come true for me.

Nothing to report yet. At this point, I doubt the administrative processing will be completed in time to print a visa. I'm sorry.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
princemoyemi: thanks for the answerred question but one more thing i need to ask,
since am going for a b1b2 visa, my employer address my documents to Lagos embassy while i have my appointment with Abuja embassy, hope it wont be an issue?

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
otisd:
Thanks V.O..
But is the wait time really 12 years? I'm not feeling so lucky right now. My dad at the moment is M.I.A,I haven't seen him in a decade! Any other options or is this a deal breaker?
Thanks.

The wait time is really around 12 years.

We only suggest DNA when there just isn't sufficient evidence that a qualifying relationship exists. If you can show that your sister is really your sister, the officer likely won't suggest DNA.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

"Ma" is accurate. cool

I know that but I feel like it is forced.....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

I know that but I feel like it is forced.....

I'm still getting used to it myself. I think it's sweet though. I also answer to "Hey, you."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

I'm still getting used to it myself. I think it's sweet though. I also answer to "Hey, you."
Hey, you...

I hail grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

So if a parent files for a child and a DNA test is conducted, it turns negative. If the parent has all along listed and known the child as his biological child, now Iegally and medically he is not but don't you think migration processes are exposing cracks of another parent? The latter may not even know this and family splitville follows.

What's ur view? Not that it's an embassy's fault.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
So if a parent files for a child and a DNA test is conducted, it turns negative. If the parent has all along listed and known the child as his biological child. Now Iegally and meficakky he is not but don't you think migration processes are exposing cracks of another parent? The latter may not even know this and family splitville follows.

What's ur view? Not that it's an embassy's fault.

The law does not always dovetail neatly with the complicated tapestry of real human lives. In this case, if the parent is not the biological parent, the adoptive parent, or the stepparent of the child, unfortunately there is not a basis for a parent-child immigration petition.

The good news (from a visa perspective) is that in most cases when the father is completely surprised by the DNA results, he was married to the mother at some point, so the child can qualify as his stepchild. Not always, but most of the time.

On the bright side, look at all the fraud and trafficking and smuggling that this policy prevents. If the law were less strict, any adult could file for any child and we'd pretty much just have to shrug our shoulders and issue the visa. I can think of plenty of reasons why that would be a terrible policy.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 2:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
okay thanks so much ma.
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! You should file the I-130 and then the I-601. Right now the waiting time for the F2A (spouse of an LPR) visa is around a year and a half, so the sooner the better!

Normally I would tell you to wait until his interview is scheduled to file the I-601, but I remember your case well and know that the I-601 is the right form to file. You do need to file the I-130 first, but if you file the I-601 soon after, his waiver will likely already be in place when he comes to his interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Okay. Hey you. So I have this relative of mine in the UK looking at migrating to either canada or the US. I have asked this same question in nthe camadian thread some time ago but I might as well ask here.

She is the legal guardian of her sister's children. This relative of mine has got her eyes set on the US or Canada but permit me to ask you a question regarding this case:

Can she include this children in her application as dependents or she has to legally adopt them before she can include them?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Right now the waiting time for the F2A (spouse of an LPR) visa is around a year and a half, so the sooner the better!

Pardon my ignorance. Is the waiting time for spouse of a legal permanent resident different from or same with a citizen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.