Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,359 members, 7,920,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:22 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (833442 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello FabioRomani,

It is perfectly legal to have your child in the U.S., but you must declare your purpose of travel and how long you intend to stay. When you arrive in the U.S., you must prove to the officers at the border that you have the means to pay for the medical expenses. You do not have to travel as indicated on the DS-160 form, but keep in mind that you may be asked about that.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

FabioRomani:
Dear VO,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May and the travel date we filled on the ds160 form is August 2, however my wife just discovered that she is 3 weeks pregnant (please note that she wasn't pregnant as at the time of interview because we were asked if she was pregnant).

My wife and I have decided to have our baby in the U.S, and my questions are as follows:

1. Please is it wrong? Given that she wasn't pregnant during the interview
2. Is it wrong if we don't travel on the exact date we specified on the ds160 form?

Cheers.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Shawlar55,

As we have mentioned many times, the documents you are referring to are not required, so you should not worry about this.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

shawlar55:
Hi vo,my interview is next week and I have 2 accounts statement which is my salary acct and personal acct.i applied for b1/b2.but d address of acct is different from d one I filled wit d online.cos wen I got married I got a new apartment,should I go wit d new apartment receipt? Plz reply tanx.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ujan: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2016
hi V O. am filling ds160 to meet my wife in the USA who has gone to give birth so that we can come back together back to Nigeria in a months time. I came across a section that said. DO YOU HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES,NOT INCLUDING PARENTS IN THE US?.what do I put in this case because its only my wife that I have in the US.should I consider my wife as a relative and put YES or DOES NOT APPLY.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dortex4real(m): 12:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
hello VO
Am a major in the Nigerian army. I applied for B1/B2 visa. I want to visit a cousin that did wedding recently but I was unable to attend. My cousin left for USA on a visit visa but now a legal permanent resident. My leave will be August and I wanna visit him during the period of my leave then come back to resume work September because am cant afford to loose my job as a military personnel. (my pride).What's your take on this? Grateful
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by prommy(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2016
Good afternoon house.How do I submit my passport for us visa renewal.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Zaidi: 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrsmith11(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Please I need answers

I want to go for a short course/training program so I was told that I will need TOEFL

Will i register the toefl online myself?

How do i get materials to prepare?

I have checked online for any place where I can get information in Milan here but none except dates and city for the exam
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OJsamue1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello VO
I applied for an I-20 scholarship visa in January and my application was put on pending ever since then with no contact from the embassy. Fortunately I got another one but from a different school. I want to ask if I'm eligible to apply or a new visa or not.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by terrywales: 10:22am On Jul 09, 2016
Dear Sir, I am going for a conference in the USA. I haven been sent an invitation letter by the organizer to that effect. I like to know if it is compulsory /advisable to pay for the registration fee for the conference before the visa interview or the fee can be paid after the interview. The interview date is sometimes next week and the conference registration is still open till September. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shawlar55: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
Thanks vo, I will go wit my doc incase nd proof 2 dem I av ties home,nd let dem know I will be comin back 2 my country.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toyinajani(m): 11:04am On Jul 10, 2016
i am paying next week to book for an appointment,i have just been given approval for my leave 14th-27th Aug.2016. Can i still get date for interview before this date?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello ujan,

You should explain your situation at the interview. Your wife is an immediate relative, but if she's not residing in the United States then you could answer no to that question in your application.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ujan:
hi V O. am filling ds160 to meet my wife in the USA who has gone to give birth so that we can come back together back to Nigeria in a months time. I came across a section that said. DO YOU HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES,NOT INCLUDING PARENTS IN THE US?.what do I put in this case because its only my wife that I have in the US.should I consider my wife as a relative and put YES or DOES NOT APPLY.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello dortex4real,

We cannot comment on specific cases. In general, applicants need to demonstrate strong ties that would compel them to return to their home country after their trip.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

dortex4real:
hello VO
Am a major in the Nigerian army. I applied for B1/B2 visa. I want to visit a cousin that did wedding recently but I was unable to attend. My cousin left for USA on a visit visa but now a legal permanent resident. My leave will be August and I wanna visit him during the period of my leave then come back to resume work September because am cant afford to loose my job as a military personnel. (my pride).What's your take on this? Grateful
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello prommy,

Visit the U.S. Embassy website's dropbox renewal page to see if you qualify for the program: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

prommy:
Good afternoon house.How do I submit my passport for us visa renewal.Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello mrsmith11,

TOEFL is administered by a private non-profit organization entirely separate from the U.S. Embassy. In addition to searching the internet for answers to your questions, you can visit EducationUSA - https://educationusa.state.gov/ - for general information, but we do not endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

mrsmith11:
Please I need answers

I want to go for a short course/training program so I was told that I will need TOEFL

Will i register the toefl online myself?

How do i get materials to prepare?

I have checked online for any place where I can get information in Milan here but none except dates and city for the exam
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by asiwajusirkay(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello mrsmith11,

TOEFL is administered by a private non-profit organization entirely separate from the U.S. Embassy. In addition to searching the internet for answers to your questions, you can visit EducationUSA - https://educationusa.state.gov/ - for general information, but we do not endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

i will be attending an award show in d US by september as a journalist & i v been sent invitation letter & endorsement letter...pls,what other documents do i need to present at d embassy for a visa to be approved on my virgin passport
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by humantoy(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dear VO,good day.Please what is the process of adoption in the US.My sister based in the US is planning to adopt a cousin's son aged 15 and she said the father of the boy should go to a court in Nigeria and file papers to make her the son's new mum as his real mum passed away some years ago.Pls what papers exactly would she expect the court to grant him?Thank you so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello OJsamue1,

Please contact Consularabuja @ state.gov to inquire about the status of your application.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

OJsamue1:
Hello VO
I applied for an I-20 scholarship visa in January and my application was put on pending ever since then with no contact from the embassy. Fortunately I got another one but from a different school. I want to ask if I'm eligible to apply or a new visa or not.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello terrywales,

We do not look at invitation letters, and it makes no difference in your visa application whether or not you have paid a registration fee for a conference.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

terrywales:
Dear Sir, I am going for a conference in the USA. I haven been sent an invitation letter by the organizer to that effect. I like to know if it is compulsory /advisable to pay for the registration fee for the conference before the visa interview or the fee can be paid after the interview. The interview date is sometimes next week and the conference registration is still open till September. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello toyinajani,

The wait time for an appointment can vary, so we advise applying well in advance of any planned travel. You can apply for an emergency appointment if you believe you qualify per the rules listed here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-emergencyappointment.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

toyinajani:

i am paying next week to book for an appointment,i have just been given approval for my leave 14th-27th Aug.2016. Can i still get date for interview before this date?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello asiwajusirkay,

You do not need an invitation letter or endorsement letter. The only documents you need for a business/tourist visa are detailed here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

asiwajusirkay:
i will be attending an award show in d US by september as a journalist & i v been sent invitation letter & endorsement letter...pls,what other documents do i need to present at d embassy for a visa to be approved on my virgin passport
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello humantoy,

If your sister is a U.S. citizen attempting to adopt a child from another country, this would be an immigrant visa. Please contact lagosiv @ state.gov to inquire about the immigrant visa process.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

humantoy:
Dear VO,good day.Please what is the process of adoption in the US.My sister based in the US is planning to adopt a cousin's son aged 15 and she said the father of the boy should go to a court in Nigeria and file papers to make her the son's new mum as his real mum passed away some years ago.Pls what papers exactly would she expect the court to grant him?Thank you so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tecb: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello VO,

I would like to know if i have to pay another visa fee to correct the error on my drop box confirmation letter.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dortex4real(m): 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello dortex4real,

We cannot comment on specific cases. In general, applicants need to demonstrate strong ties that would compel them to return to their home country after their trip.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thank you. Please is military part of employment ties to one's country.

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oye84: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hi, I am currently completing my DS160 application form and would require some clarification on completing the travel companions section.

My wife intends having our next baby in the US and they (her and my daughter) will be leaving by September while i intend joining them in December and we (self, wife, daughter and new baby) will all be returning together to Nigeria.However, we are all just applying for visa and will be attending the visa interview as a family.

Am I expected to select "YES" for the question "are there others travelling with you"

Secondly if I select "YES" am I supposed to included the details of the unborn baby on the list of those travelling with me, even though he does not have GIVEN NAMES yet

Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deoladtop: 10:52pm On Jul 11, 2016
Good day VO. Pls I need clarification on this.WHile on vacation in the us in 2015,I had acute sore throat that warranted me visiting the clinic in order for me to get a doctor's report to purchase augmentin.we were billed 650usd. The bill was sent to my husband's mail a month later and he has settled it in two installments since then.Now I want to apply for visa renewal will it affect my chances?SHould I tell my husband to scan the payment receipt to me perhaps am called in to attend an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello tecb,

If there is an error in your application that you would like to correct, send an email to Consularabuja @ state.gov.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

tecb:
Hello VO,

I would like to know if i have to pay another visa fee to correct the error on my drop box confirmation letter.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello dortex4real,

Yes, employment in the military would be considered a type of employment tie.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

dortex4real:

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:31am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello oye84,

You are traveling with your family, so answer 'yes' and explain your travel plans at the interview. You do not need to list an unborn child as a travel companion.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

oye84:
Hi, I am currently completing my DS160 application form and would require some clarification on completing the travel companions section.

My wife intends having our next baby in the US and they (her and my daughter) will be leaving by September while i intend joining them in December and we (self, wife, daughter and new baby) will all be returning together to Nigeria.However, we are all just applying for visa and will be attending the visa interview as a family.

Am I expected to select "YES" for the question "are there others travelling with you"

Secondly if I select "YES" am I supposed to included the details of the unborn baby on the list of those travelling with me, even though he does not have GIVEN NAMES yet

Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by deoladtop: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Good day VO. Pls I need clarification on this.WHile on vacation in the us in 2015,I had acute sore throat that warranted me visiting the clinic in order for me to get a doctor's report to purchase augmentin.we were billed 650usd. The bill was sent to my husband's mail a month later and he has settled it in two installments since then.Now I want to apply for visa renewal will it affect my chances?will it be termed that i used medicaid even when my husband has settled the bill?SHould I tell my husband to scan the payment receipt to me perhaps am called in to attend an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello deoladtop,

We cannot comment on specific cases. In general, if you had medical treatment in the United States you should save your payment receipts.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

deoladtop:
Good day VO. Pls I need clarification on this.WHile on vacation in the us in 2015,I had acute sore throat that warranted me visiting the clinic in order for me to get a doctor's report to purchase augmentin.we were billed 650usd. The bill was sent to my husband's mail a month later and he has settled it in two installments since then.Now I want to apply for visa renewal will it affect my chances?SHould I tell my husband to scan the payment receipt to me perhaps am called in to attend an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NaGodwin: 8:14am On Jul 12, 2016
I didn't expect such a question from a Major in the Army.
Haba.

dortex4real:

Regards

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (229)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.