Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,666 members, 7,885,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:33 PM

Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages (1398 Views)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / What Three Things Does An Engine Need To Run? / Topping Radiator With Water Everyday!! Is It Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages by presidentpikin: 9:19am On Jun 30, 2014
Please I will apprciate your contribution on this any side effect of topping my engine every two days due to oil leakages from the oil seal damage since I have not seen a competent hands to handle it for me. Avalon 99 model
Re: Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages by autofixng: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2014
No serious effect if you are very careful and very observant with it by not allowing oil to be empty in your engine.

Damage oil seal is not a big issue. Please fix it ASAP.
Re: Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2014
depending on where the leak is coming from if its from the seal near the timing belt area belt could snap or skip causing costly damage to engine, the leak if coming from a worn out seal could deteriorate at a moments notice and cause costly damage to the engine there's no such thing as "if you are careful and observant when it comes to engine oil leaks" find the source and get it fixed or park the car.
Re: Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
If you plan on rebuilding the engine soon then I wouldn't worry about it and just continue to top it off.

But if it's a relatively good engine then I would change the offending seal as soon as possible.

I had a Mini Cooper with a severe rod knock that also had a bad rear main seal that was leaking. Since I planned on rebuilding the engine I ran it that way for almost 2 years.

Good luck.
Re: Any Effect Of Topping An Engine Oil Every Week Due An Leakages by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2014
I think the typical possible effects are environmental pollution, assuming the oil is entering your combustion chamber somehow, significant loss of engine power and decline in fuel economy.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Corrupt FRSC In Lagos Is Frustrating Online Driver's License Renewal. / Hello Car Gurus, My Ford Escape V6 Consumes Fuel Like Madt / 2019 Mercedes Benz S650 Pullman Maybach Is Better Than The Best (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.