Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,306 members, 7,977,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:28 PM

Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become (965 Views)

I Miss My Ex - How To Make Your Ex Boyfriend Jealous / Man Buys 99 Iphones To Propose To His Girlfriend; She Says No (Picture) / If You Are To Collect 1k From All Ur Ex,how Much Will You Have In Total???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2014
A man who was dumped by his girlfriend seven years ago has booked all the tickets at several IMAX screenings of the new Transformers film in a bizarre bid to prove to her how successful he has become, the Beijing Youth Daily reports.

The young man, surnamed Wang, said on his Weibo microblog that he was dtiched by his girlfriend, who then moved from their home city of Nanjing to Beijing, after he was not able to afford to take her to the cinema.

Now, after seven years of resentment, Wang has spent aquarter of a million yuan (HK$314,000) on hundreds of the cinema tickets, which he is giving away for free on the internet in order to show off his new found wealth.

He said on his Weibo blog that after “striving hard for sevenyears”, running his own company in Shanghai, he was finally able to afford to book all of the seats in four of the six IMAX theatres in Beijing for this Friday’s showing of Transformers: Age of Extinction, to show his ex-partner what she was missing. grin grin

Copies of receipts Wang postedonline confirmed the tickets cost 250,000 yuan – about half his claimed monthly income.“I only want to say that you might have been wrong when you made that decision,” he wrote on his Weibo last week.

He said he would give away tickets to anyone who shared his online post, in an effort to get the news to his ex-girlfriend.The post attracted a vast number of retweets and went viral immediately.

As of Thursday it had been shared over 110,000 times and drawn some 35,000 comments.So far some 1,590 bloggers have been awarded a ticket for helping Wang with his publicity stunt.

But not everyone was happy. “Thanks to you, now I can’t possibly get an IMAX ticket for tomorrow’s movie,” one blogger complained.Others were disappointed that the tickets were only for screenings in Beijing.
“How can you be so certain that she is in Beijing? You should buy and donate all the IMAX tickets in Chongqing grin grin as well in case she is here,” urged another local internet user.

I UNDERSTAND HIS RESENTMENT THOUGH… LOL, But don’t you think this is ridiculous ?

http://9jablower.com/2014/07/man-buys-hundreds-of-cinema-tickets-to-new-transformers-film-to-show-ex-girlfriend-how-rich-he-has-become.html

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Dreal1247: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wonders, they say can never end
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by adanduka: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
He's fighting a lost battle. Shows he's still very much interested in the lady. If he continues down this road, he may soon return to square 1.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by or3gon: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
hmm, c wetin woman dey make man do... After effect of dumping, even after 7 years
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Stupid man!!! After 7 years??
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Tallesty1(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
He is insane, his attitude shows that he is still thinking of his ex which is not right. but gals should learn to wait oo, That it is raining now no mean say sun no go shine.
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2014
And what is the value of Yuan compared to the dollar ?

Not Zimbabwean dollar oo..

Chinese Yuan = 0.161147 U.S. Dollars.

Working with N160 to a Dollar

1 Yuan = 0.161147 (U.S. Dollars) × N160 = N25.78352

250, 000 Yuan = 250, 000 × N25.78352

= N6, 445, 880.

This guy is rich if that's half his monthly earnings in business.

I don vex..

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Yungwizzzy28(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2014
I love that guy

my quote "success is the best revenge"

Time to buy off MTN's one month complete bis !!

And every Q10 in the market !!
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: I love that guy

Yea, making money is only the legitimate revenge on life's hardship.

Its always been a silent motto for me.
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by MadCow1: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2014
Yeah!!

Same way I plan to buy Camry 2.2 (2008) full option, limited edition and go visit my ex-girlfriend and in front of her, I will dash it to the first girl that passes her street. angry

That biitch left me for a guy who owned a Camry 2.2 (2008) basic option. angry Well, look at your boy is now. angry

#NiggaWeMadeIt. angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow: Yeah!!

Same way I plan to buy Camry 2.2 (2008) full option, limited edition and go visit my ex-girlfriend and in front of her, I will dash it to the first girl that passes her street. angry

That biitch left me for a guy who owned a Camry 2.2 (2008) basic option. angry Well, look at your boy is now. angry

#NiggaWeMadeIt. angry

Did you say 1998 or 2008 ?

Guy no try this Abeg or just tell me the date and address make I arrange babe wey go come collect the camry ....
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by MadCow1: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2014
okpara ugo:

Did you say 1998 or 2008 ?

Guy no try this Abeg or just tell me the date and address make I arrange babe wey go come collect the camry ....

grin

Lol.. Na initial Gra-Gra o!! grin

Na Mad I dey mad, I no dey crase.

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by Agybabe(f): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2014
This is xoxoxo funny.

But mehn! the man is a fshocked:olish man to try to prove a point. angry

There's what is called moving on embarassed

What's the point of wasting all that amount of cash

[s]If only I know the man personally sha, he won't waste it at all[/s] grin wink
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by ebamma(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Same way a girl left me for a guy who barbed punk, since i always barbed skull
When i become rich,am planning to grow my hair and also barb punk, so that she can see that levels don change

1 Like

Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by ebamma(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2014
Yungwizzzy28: I love that guy

so a girl also left u because of Q10 and mtn bis,your own better sef, mine left me because i didn't buy her Curve 2
Re: Man Buys Hundreds Of Cinema Tickets To Show Ex How Rich He's Become by sopoundz(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2014
Dts how they(gurls) left me cuz I aint Africa's richest so wen I become, I'l employ all deir husbands

(1) (Reply)

Confused: What Do Women Really Want? / Can You Marry Any Of Your Sibling? / Still A Virgin At 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.