Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,606 members, 7,937,730 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (441004 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
mikedimeji:
Oh sing oh my soul praise The Lord
Abi o, am apy 4 them in advance o

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
mikedimeji: Still waiting to see what happen next.
nofin will b apin agn joor xcept happy eva after...bad belle people..lols..

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Omololamide(f): 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
now the story has just began......hey tiffany Weldone......
silent reader....

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by onosj(f): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
I nor sure say dis Henry of a man go change. Tiffany weldone....

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lovely update,keep it up

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
heemah:
nofin will b apin agn joor xcept happy eva after...bad belle people..lols..
Are u sure... Henry is such a funny dude. He's not a good husband he's just acting. Imagine him monitoring the wife's movement. For how long will he continue this

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Why is dat linda neva tot of how he got to knw her movement

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by okeoghene4real(f): 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
People do change, I see Henry changing from a professional married bachelor to a loving and caring hubby. Mr Henry, learn to use the word "I LOVE YOU" cos from your actions, I can tell you are deeply in love with your wify. Put aside this your nonchalant attitude and save your marriage.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2014
CHAPTER NINE
their stay in the sterling hotels was well spend. The couples hardly venture out of their room. Henry, in order to avoid problems switched off his phone.
A day before they were to leave the sterling, a very important call came in. They were both sleeping comfortably with Linda snuggled by him when her phone began ringing. The noise awoke Henry. He picked the phone. It was Tara. Henry took a glimps at his wrist watched on the bedside table and realised the time was 3:00am. He pressed the received button.
'hello'
'thank God Henry it's you'
He heard Jordan said.
'Jordan, are you crying? What's the problem?'
'why in the hell shouldn't i cry. I just rushed Tara to the hospital. Doctor Joel told me she...'
'she what?'
'she had a miscarriage'
'oh my God Jordan. We will be there as soon as we can'
He pressed the end button. Pregnancy doesn't seem to sit well with Tara. She barely survived Eugene's. God Tara must be devastated.
He looked tenderly at his Linda. He wasn't even there when she had Daisy and he wondered what she had gone through.
'Linda, wake up'
she sighed and snuggled closer to him.
'Sweetypie you've got to wake up'
'no. I need my sleep'
he let her be. He was able to leave the bed without waking her up. He swiftly but quietly packed their suitcase, had a bath before removing the blanket from Linda.
The cold breeze must have woke her up because she groaned loudly.
'come on Linda, we've got to go'
'you go'
'Linda, Tara had been hospitalized. She had a miscarriage'
This got her attention. Her eyes flew opened and she gazed at her husband as if he was a stranger.
'what?'
'you heard me right. We've got to go'
she had a quick shower, dressed in a pair of jeans and a black oversize shirt. There wasn't time for make-up.
Mr and mrs Henry Joseph checked out of their hotel room by 4am. Henry drove to the hospital.
They were met by Jordan. He must have cried because his eyes were red and he was sniffing.
Tara was sleeping quitely. She moaned and Jordan rushed to her.
'relax man, she is still sleeping'
Henry told him.

Three days later, Linda walked into the hospital to see Tara sobbing bitterly.
'i'm really sorry Tara'
'you've been avoiding me Linda and you are the only friend i've got in the whole of Abuja'
'Please forgive me'
'i just lost another of my baby'
'shush, i know. You can have another'
'how can i when Jordan doesn't want me to'
'i'm sure you two will work things out'
Jordan walked into the room smiling.
'my sweet, are you crying again?'
he walked to her and placed a kiss on her lips.
'it's all your fault Jordan. You never wanted this baby'
'you know that's not true'
'can i have another?'
'we will make another one. But defintely not now. You need to rest'
'no, i want one now'
Dr Joel walked into the room. He smiled up at his favourite patient. Jordan scowled at his wife's doctor.
He had always beleived that the man had feelings for Tara but She was too blind to see it.
'Tara, stop crying will you. When you rest, you will make another baby'
'how soon?'
'five months'
Jordan frowned, he didn't want her pregnant again. He won't be able to stand seeing her in pains.
He watched angrily as Joel gazed tenderly at Tara but he remained quite. His wife is already upset.

Later that day, Linda received a call.
'hello?'
'Linda, or whatever you call yourself, tell Henry to come pick his wriswatch from my house'
'who are you?'
'the woman he loves'
'oh, he loves you and yet got married to me. Hardluck'
'you bitch. We all know you trapped him into marriage with that bastard daughter of yours. We will see what you will do if the little thing is no more'
'is that a threat?'
'yes it is'
and the phone went down. She drove home and found Daisy sleeping in her room. Linda cried out in relief.
'what is the problem?'
her husband asked from the doorway.
'Have you been visiting your women?'
'no Linda'
Henry saw that she didn't believe him. He had not visited any of them since their return from the hotel.
'one of your women just threatened my daughter and this is what i won't be able to bear'
She walled away leaving him more confused than ever.
The next day, Linda was having lunch at a resturant when a heavily built man sat uninvited on her table.
'mrs Joseph?'
'yes?'
He smiled and extended his hands. Linda looked intently at him.
'sorry i don't know you'
'you are about to, Linda'
she stared again at him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Diamonddamsel: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2014
Tiffany this suspense is ghen ghen.Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
Diamonddamsel: Tiffany this suspense is ghen ghen.Keep up the good work.
tnx dearie

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2014
No harm shld come 2 Linda or her baby

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2014
Shuldnt the heavily built man be,Henry's spy?......op r gud jare,ur story is just good,ur plot presentatn is so on point.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmn na wa ds ur suspense o... well me still de sit tight enjoying ur flows...

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2014
hmn na wa ds ur suspense o... well me still de sit tight enjoying ur flows......kudos o

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
chii8: Shuldnt the heavily built man be,Henry's spy?......op r gud jare,ur story is just good,ur plot presentatn is so on point.
tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
hassan85: hmn na wa ds ur suspense o... well me still de sit tight enjoying ur flows......kudos o
tnx, oga sir
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2014
Hmmnnn..d heavily built man had better be henry's man, else i wnt tak it lightly wv him...tnks for d update tiffany..hassan85, shift mak i sit joor...u fink say na only waka kum enjoy d tori??

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
heemah: Hmmnnn..d heavily built man had better be henry's man, else i wnt tak it lightly wv him...tnks for d update tiffany..hassan85, shift mak i sit joor...u fink say na only waka kum enjoy d tori??
Lol enjoy space go contain all of us. hmn ds ur 'woka come woka go' I wish u will be following us 'woka go borno' not adamawa o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
hassan85: Lol enjoy space go contain all of us. hmn ds ur 'woka come woka go' I wish u will be following us 'woka go borno' not adamawa o
na adamawa i dey waka follow tiffany go...onto fresh undiluted sweet updates..dont b jealous..
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PwettyNini(f): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Next update pls Good job Babe.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
PwettyNini: Next update pls Good job Babe.
i'm cooking. Will make an update when am through. Tanx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
heemah:
na adamawa i dey waka follow tiffany go...onto fresh undiluted sweet updates..dont b jealous..
I wish say for ur mind true true u go go Adamawa I for Happy for u o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by franciseromosel(m): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tiffany...you are good. Keep it up! Nice plot,enough suspense. Are you based in Abuja ?(I guess that explains ur expertise in maneuvering 2gh the city) and ur coyness in handling Lokoja.I also believe you were an insatiable follower of M&B and Harlequin,your plot seems like one but u ve a unique depth that u can explore by doing enough research before arranging ur plot. Read more,especially from ur kindred like Agatha Christie,Babara Carthland e.t.c

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2014
Tifffanyj, r u still cookin?? come n update na..who knws her house address pls?? mikedimeji n hassan 85 should knw it..send it to to nw nw, wnnna go chek her..In Tanasiri's voice, come n update now! NO, dz wont do! ok, in El temur's voice, come n update right away before i send tanaqishi n bayan to ur house..tooor

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Ice4jez(m): 10:42pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love dis stuff

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
Eyah Tara all will be well but as for Linda and Henry I no sabi for them.keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pricelesslove(f): 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2014
Well done dear, more ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2014
heemah: Tifffanyj, r u still cookin?? come n update na..who knws her house address pls?? mikedimeji n hassan 85 should knw it..send it to to nw nw, wnnna go chek her..In Tanasiri's voice, come n update now! NO, dz wont do! ok, in El temur's voice, come n update right away before i send tanaqishi n bayan to ur house..tooor
Tanasiri, El temur, tanaqishi and bayan are horrible people. It pained me when my bayan began antagonising nyang. His death was inevitable.
Tal tal will always be my man. The poor thing had to kill his uncle. Well, in ki's voice, i'm so sorry, PHCN did their work and i don't have enough ba3 to update. That will be tomorrow, please, you guys should bear with me. Nait
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2014
franciseromosel: Tiffany...you are good. Keep it up! Nice plot,enough suspense. Are you based in Abuja ?(I guess that explains ur expertise in maneuvering 2gh the city) and ur coyness in handling Lokoja.I also believe you were an insatiable follower of M&B and Harlequin,your plot seems like one but u ve a unique depth that u can explore by doing enough research before arranging ur plot. Read more,especially from ur kindred like Agatha Christie,Babara Carthland e.t.c
i live in kaduna but have been to Abuja a couple of times.
You were right, i was never in Lokoja and i really found that part challenging. A friend of mine told me i neglected my description of that state and he is right.

I won't deny i am an insatiable reader. I read almost every novel;romance, crime, trillers and what have you. My common authours are Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham, Mario puzo, Jeffery Archer, Catherine Coulter and even Hardly chase.
I hardly read African literature unless it's part of my syllable in school.

Maybe that explains why my two novels are void of the African tradition. I have been chided by many to Africanize my work.

All in all, you are right, i need to research more and i need to work on my descriptions.

Now to the house in general, i need your honest advice. Should i Africanise 'The Reluctant Bride' and ' A man to Call Her Own'? I need to know.
Tnx alot
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2014
TiffanyJ:
Tanasiri, El temur, tanaqishi and bayan are horrible people. It pained me when my bayan began antagonising nyang. His death was inevitable.
Tal tal will always be my man. The poor thing had to kill his uncle. Well, in ki's voice, i'm so sorry, PHCN did their work and i don't have enough ba3 to update. That will be tomorrow, please, you guys should bear with me. Nait
Tal Tal, my main man..been eyeing dt guy snce d beginnin
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2014
heemah:
Tal Tal, my main man..been eyeing dt guy snce d beginnin
hmmm, heemah, you go talk true but the character of Tal Tal make sense. I wish he had end up with ki after the emperor died but he too died.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (58) (Reply)

The Hole In The Wall / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.