Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,762 members, 7,933,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:05 PM

Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup (33610 Views)

Sunday Oliseh ;We Don't Have The Talents To Win The Next World Cup / Who Will Be The Next World Best Player / Who Do You Think Should Win The Next World Best Player? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: I agree, the world cup is nothing but a white supremacist show/event

It is I agree but that is because Sepp Blatter remains in power, who by the way is a racist. Blame African reta.rded leaders for accepting his bribes and re-electing him
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by nonjebose(m): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2014
felipemadero: e.g James Rodriguez?
Why Rodriguez and not Sterling or iniesta?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

True for the inferiority complex, can you imagine some Cameroonian were begging neymar for pictures and autographs? Tufiakwa
They play Like the FIFA is doing us a favor or aren't pro too..

No offence to Neymar, but I think he is overrated. Sorry to him though about his world cup departure. Eto'o Fils has bigger accomplishments for all time.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
One thing is sure, cape Verde, Burkina Faso, DRC would have fared better than Spain, England, Italia & Portugal, I don't why Europe must have more slots, yet look against which kind of teams they earn their participations,

Feroe Island
Maldives
Moldova
Lettonia
Malta
Macedonia
Etc
Is it fair ? They have their best team@ always representing them, which is not always the case for us

You get slots based on points, and how far your teams go in the tournament.

- Compare the number of European teams that have won the world cup to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the finals to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the semi finals to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the quarter finals to Africa.

You'll have an argument when African teams start winning the world cup. Apart from Oceania, Africa's performance at the world has always been woeful, compared to other continents. Asians can boast about making the semis in 2002. Ditto North Americans, with the yanks.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

It is I agree but that is because Sepp Blatter remains in power, who by the way is a racist. Blame African reta.rded leaders for accepting his bribes and re-electing him

Esp that puppet heading the CAF , forgot his name, a failure and a shame

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by nonjebose(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

Suarez is a single player from Uruguayan team. Zuniga's challenge is part of what we see in football everyday. It is a different thing entirely when a whole team fights for money and boycott training and threaten to boycott a match. Jeez Ghana even flew $3 million cash to Brazil. What a disgrace.
You getting disjointed and clutching at straws with ur views. Fighting for money was not done on the playing pitch. French fought on racial lines in 2010

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Esp that puppet heading the CAF , forgot his name, a failure and a shame

100% agree. I don't understand how African leaders can be so gullible and foolish at times
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
StarBoard:

Stop this nonsense.
Where did you get the news that FIFA was going to investigate the Neymar issue?
What kind of rubbish response is this?

Please provide links or shut up.

You are talking of equality when you were the beneficiary of a wrongly disallowed goal.
Are you not a hypocrite?
FIFA to investigate Neymar incident

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/321667.html

After looking into it, FIFA decided to drop the case. They showed Ney Mar care and concern.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by talima(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

At least I talk reality, I don't live in fantasy like u. You lots view things from one angle only, if u think deep u will find truth in what I wrote. Again, what I wrote is for the intellects, not for myopic minds like u.
i think u ve a point there. Though we knw fifa as game people but when a team do their work well dey cant be stopped. Was it fifa dat denied Gyan penalty to put african in their first ever semi final. Wen nigeria won olympics were they denied the cup. We just need to give our best. Many nigerian player as well as politicians are not sacrificial an patrotic
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...you know ISpiksDaTroof. grin

Just disappointed because African teams always break people's heart. Apart from the Algerian team that played with passion, and didn't give up till the last minute... and probably Nigeria, because they were average...the rest were woeful.

Yet people are still making excuses for failure - shocking.

Even if the foul on Onazi was intentional, why didn't the rest play for him? Nah, the whole team collapsed. But with black folks, it's always about blaming everyone but ourselves.

Did you see how James Rodriguez was kicked for 90mins straight against Colombia? Ditto Neymar. And the brutality in the game between Chile and Brazil? However, no one whined about those games. That's the passion that comes with the game and, the winning mentality.
. Iolzz, I agree, African football is all muscle and no brains, African players fighting over money, its disgaceful... If an injury to a player like onazi can destabilize the entire team and make a defender score an own goal, it says a lot about the team mentality.. If assou ekotto can headbutt his co player on the world stage... It stinks... On the other hand, if Fifa considers investigating the challenge on neymar, they should also do dame for onazi... Although terming it "racist" is going too far...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fun thread.....and once again the usual Blame the whiteman.

Now,look......racisim exists....and I am sure it exists too in the hallowed halls of FIFA (As an example....go read the story of how the late former CAF chairman Mr Tessema fought with the then Stanley Rous FIFA for even Africa to get one guaranteed spot.)

Let's be honest.....FIFA since Joao Havelange 's tenure began in 1974 has been fair to Africa. Why, we have the u17 tournament......which was specifically biased towards African teams. We have the Goal project....which Blatter specifically stated was ''For developing countries only''

So why haven't we done well at the world cup?

Because after the youth tournaments.....the European and South American players go home and continue developing their tactical and skill base. The Nigerians and other Africans think that now is the time to make money.....so they pose like big boiz!

Plus, European countries in particular have extensive youth football programmes. It is not surprising that Germany.....with nearly 2000 UEFA grade B youth coaches,and Holland, the home of Ajax's super youth system ,are in the World cup semis. How about Brazil and Argentina? Same thing.

How many Nigerian clubs have a Ajax type youth system.....that would train players from the age of 8 to be good in football skills (There is the son of a family friend who left Naija with his family 20 years ago.....nowadays he works for a top Premier league club....teaching the 8 year olds dribbling skills. Tell me....which Nigerian club does that).

If we want to do well in the world cup.....we better follow what Belgium did.....and focus on quality of players....instead of winning trophies that mean nothing.We may not win the world cup immediately.....but we will get there.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

You get slots based on points, and how far your teams go in the tournament.

- Compare the number of European teams that have won the world cup to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the finals to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the semi finals to Africa.
- Compare the number of European teams that have made the quarter finals to Africa.

You'll have an argument when African teams start winning the world cup. Apart from Oceania, Africa's performance at the world has always been woeful, compared to other continents. Asians can boast about making the semis in 2002. Ditto North Americans, with the yanks.

We started taking part in that kkk exhibition in the 70s if I'm not mistaken, so you can't compare their performance with ours, furthermore, our slots used to b smaller than what we have now, and I'm not even mentioning how the referees are always against us Cameroon vs England
And the lack of competitiveness during the qualification stage in the euro zone
Imagine a world cup where Moldova, feroe island, Macedonia etc were to represent Europe do you think they would have fared better ?

Not to mention how woefully their top teams fared this world cup, yet no one is pointing fingers at them or asking for their slots to b reduced, why should Africa b judged by the poor performance of Cameroon?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by kendrick93(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: It is a lie saying Africa lacks real talents. I will take Yaya Toure over many of the top European mid fielders.

If Africa lacks real talents, why is it that many clubs buy African talents.

Enyeama is one of the best keepers in the World today. He even showed his worth at the World cup.
u deserve a slap for sayin enyeama is world class.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

We started taking part in that kkk exhibition in the 70s if I'm not mistaken, so you can't compare their performance with ours, furthermore, our slots used to b smaller than what we have now, and I'm not even mentioning how the referees are always against us Cameroon vs England
Imagine a world cup where Moldova, feroe island, Macedonia etc were to represent Europe do you think they would have fared better ?

Not to mention how woefully their top teams fared this world cup, yet no one is pointing fingers at them or asking for their slots to b reduced, why should Africa b judged by the poor performance of Cameroon?

Have you seen this:

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/46279/yaya-nobody-cares-of-injustices-against-african-teams
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

No offence to Neymar, but I think he is overrated. Sorry to him though about his world cup departure. Eto'o Fils has bigger accomplishments for all time.

Guy u for relax na. Neymar is only 22 and he is already carrying the whole of Brazil at the world cup. He still has at least 10 more years to play and he is only going to get better. Wait until he has passed his best before u compare him with Eto'o.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
njokusboy: . Iolzz, I agree, African football is all muscle and no brains, African players fighting over money, its disgaceful... If an injury to a player like onazi can destabilize the entire team and make a defender score an own goal, it says a lot about the team mentality.. If assou ekotto can headbutt his co player on the world stage... It stinks... On the other hand, if Fifa considers investigating the challenge on neymar, they should also do dame for onazi... Although terming it "racist" is going too far...

Word. All the news of players fighting about wages were all about African teams. grin

Also, I'll always reference how both Ghana and Ivory coast collapsed in the last 15 mins. That was just some crazy shyte right there, and I won't be surprised if they actually fixed those games especially the Ghana gk that punched the ball to a Portuguese player. Yet we blame FIFA.

With Nigeria, no one asked Enyeama to come out for a ball he should never have come out for. His decision making killed that game, and you can't even blame no one for that.

Anyway, I think the only reason why Neymar's case was looked into has more to do with his star-power and host country cries. C'mon, most Brazilians were crying when they found out that he's out of the world cup. So, people need to understand that it's also a business - and FIFA had to do that to protect its brand, and for fans not to boycott the tournament. Onazi isn't Neymar...the world cup isn't in naij...and I don't even think naij FA lodged any complaint.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Psylas(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
What about other continents? Because only Europe nd South America are good at football
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by abatically(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
bushdoc9919: Fun thread.....and once again the usual Blame the whiteman.

Now,look......racisim exists....and I am sure it exists too in the hallowed halls of FIFA (As an example....go read the story of how the late former CAF chairman Mr Tessema fought with the then Stanley Rous FIFA for even Africa to get one guaranteed spot.)

Let's be honest.....FIFA since Joao Havelange 's tenure began in 1974 has been fair to Africa. Why, we have the u17 tournament......which was specifically biased towards African teams. We have the Goal project....which Blatter specifically stated was ''For developing countries only''

So why haven't we done well at the world cup?

Because after the youth tournaments.....the European and South American players go home and continue developing their tactical and skill base. The Nigerians and other Africans think that now is the time to make money.....so they pose like big boiz!

Plus, European countries in particular have extensive youth football programmes. It is not surprising that Germany.....with nearly 2000 UEFA grade B youth coaches,and Holland, the home of Ajax's super youth system ,are in the World cup semis. How about Brazil and Argentina? Same thing.

How many Nigerian clubs have a Ajax type youth system.....that would train players from the age of 8 to be good in football skills (There is the son of a family friend who left Naija with his family 20 years ago.....nowadays he works for a top Premier league club....teaching the 8 year olds dribbling skills. Tell me....which Nigerian club does that).

If we want to do well in the world cup.....we better follow what Belgium did.....and focus on quality of players....instead of winning trophies that mean nothing.We may not win the world cup immediately.....but we will get there.

Guy come take one bottle of star

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by smudge2079(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Please africans, lets stop playing victim. I refuse to play dat victim card.
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Psylas: What about other continents? Because only Europe nd South America are good at football
Why do you care about other continents ?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
abatically:

Aside yaya toure, how many African players are playing top football. How many African players are in the first eleven of top football clubs? Real Madrid zero. Chelsea zero ( Mikel is a squad player, moses so bad they loaned him out), even arsenal that likes to buy cheap players don't have an African in their first eleven. Barcelona too, burussia Dortmund have only aubameyang, Bayern Munich have none (pls don't tell me alaba because he is not African anymore), Manchester united have non, Liverpool have none, PSG , atletico Madrid all have no Africans on their first eleven. So where are the talents?
bro there is no correlation btw lack of talents and empty stadium in South Africa2010, an hungry man has no business in the stadium. you must eat well, cloth well and satisfy other basic necessities before u talk of visiting a stadium. Africa is poor hence d empty stadia.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
Silenzer: See d kind ban wey dem gin Suarez becos he single handedly bundled England out of the #WC. England people just mount pressure on fifa after he bit suarez and they gave him the most ridiculous ban ever. Shame on FIFA.
uh!, we are talking abt Africa. Who asked u abt Suarez
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by kendrick93(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
rubbish thread.Op tinks d world revolve around africa..wat has africa done on d world stage to deserve all dis stupid discussions..OP is mentally deranged if he tinks africa can boycott d WC without a ban..
anywat africa wnt be missed

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
Rossikki:

Why are you responding to that Uncle Tom oyibo asss kisser? His profession is kissing white assss. Left to him the slave trade will still be going on today. I suggest you ignore the wastrel.

another problem we have as africans. why are you attacking the messenger instead of the message. i dont see any reason why we should be whining over that tackle on Onazi. Personally it happens all the time in football, so we should just move on. I probably would have a different opinion if the boys we are talking about played superbly like Costa Rica or colombia but super eagles, taaaa. If you boycott the world cup, trust me nobody will miss Africa especially if its over something petty like this.

smudge2079: Please africans, lets stop playing victim. I refuse to play dat victim card.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Yes, because most African countries became independent in the 60s. I believe Egypt played in the first world cup, in the 1930s or something.

Also, the slot grew as African teams started performing better at the world cup. I've seen clips of Zaire at the 1974 world cup and how they conceded about 50 goals or something. The renaissance started with Algeria in 86, when they were cheated out...and Cameroon put Africa on the map at the Italia 90 world cup, and I believe they increased the African slots to 3 afterwards.. Nigeria took it further by playing well at 94, thus increasing it to 5. And since then, we've been stuck at 5.

The funniest thing is that: Africa has never had more than one team in the round of 16, yet you want them to increase the slots. Why so?
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
hermesprogidy: I think Africa's slot should be reverted to three. May be then we would see well prepared and drilled African teams, and if it's boycott, nobody will miss African teams.

I disagree with you on the bolded - Africans will miss African teams. grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by olagamalin(m): 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: After increasing it to 32, Fifa should not have increased the African slot and filled it up with only European teams, so Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski can play.

Please Africans are needed to promote a global image and increase viewers from our continent.
You must be a kid ...argue to learn, you fail to see what the other guy is saying. The truth of the matter is: you are just crying foul for no good reason. Cos before you embark on any discourse pertaining to bias,injustice or what have you ...how will you rate the performance of African countries in the last 3 World Cups?. You bunch are way too hypocritical .... #All is Well
Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
shymexx:

Yes, because most African countries became independent in the 60s. I believe Egypt played in the first world cup, in the 1930s or something.

Also, the slot grew as African teams started performing better at the world cup. I've seen clips of Zaire at the 1974 world cup and how they conceded about 50 goals or something. The renaissance started with Algeria in 86, when they were cheated out...and Cameroon put Africa on the map at the Italia 90 world cup, and I believe they increased the African slots to 3 afterwards.. Nigeria took it further by playing well at 94, thus increasing it to 5. And since then, we've been stuck at 5.

The funniest thing is that: Africa has never had more than one team in the round of 16, yet you want them to increase the slots. Why so?

i dont get. didnt we have Nigeria and Algeria in the round of 16?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Why do you care about other continents ?

The thing is Europe is over-represented. They are not really good at football. Look at Spain, England, Italy, etc all first round exits. What about Portugal?

Since we live in a Eurocentric brainwashed world, European teams are always overrated every single world cup. The only good European teams are Germany and Netherlands. Belgium is coming up.

FIFA 14 completely overrates European teams and underrates African teams, it makes me not want to buy another EA sports FIFA game ever again.

African players are talented, the problem is and has always been organization. Nigeria's team improved with every match in the world cup, which tells me they didn't have enough team practise.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Have you seen this:

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/mobile/news/46279/yaya-nobody-cares-of-injustices-against-african-teams
Ivorian are not mentally tough, they can only blame themselves, It's not like anti African/Africa referees are something new, they should have prepared themselves and avoided unnecessary contact near their surface

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Africa Should Boycott The Next World Cup by Fulaman198(m): 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
annoymous:

I disagree with you on the bolded - Africans will miss African teams. grin

Brazilians and Colombians will too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

AFCON: Super Eagles Receive Rousing Welcome As They Return Home From Egypt / Super Eagles Qualify For AFCON 2022 / Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.