Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,741 members, 7,879,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:17 PM

BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! (1252 Views)

BET Awards Made Tiwa Savage & Mafikizolo Perform For Technicians & Passersby / Rick Ross & Young Jeezy Fight At BET Awards / Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by AmericanQueen: 9:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
"Black" in America is synonymous with "African-American" ! BET is a Black American network and the BET Awards celebrate Back American achievement in Entertainment. So I'm so over the "fake outrage of "African\European backs over not performing during the main telecast or backstage etc...

The United States has the worlds largest and most famous entertainment industry and most of it was created by blacks(though rarely is credit given to us for our achievements) thus the performance of the BET Awards. We are proud of our influence on international music but I don't think African artist should have the expectation to perform or be presented during the main telecast just because your black. The American market is not biased toward foreign acts. I personally feel they you should be happy with just being invited and having a category.

While African music is on the rise , it's simply not "Internationally loved" not like Black American is. African music does need to improve once that happens then yes you will see African stars performing live on American television. You can't compare Black Americans performing on African shows because African American music is universally liked and loved. African music simply is not, outside of African diaspora most starts not household names unlike Beyonce, Jay Z, Michael Jackson, Rihanna etc.
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by cheguevera: 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
Low self esteemed WANNABE
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by safarigirl(f): 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
What a load of refined bulls.hit. I really don't blame you and your likes, shey una don see who una go fit form bad guys for.

Why don't your 'black' artistes that are world famous try and conquer the Grammys? Last I checked, the white people are still trumping your azzes and that's why you had to create a separate award cuz if it was all about the whole of America, you lot would still be grovelling for your white masters to recognise your illiterate music.

Dunno how you can accuse white people of being racist toward you only to come on here and run down Africans and tell em they're beneath you. Lemme break it down to you honey, you're in no position to run anyone down, take your BET nonsense and shove it down your black azzes. We've got MAMA, we've got the Headies and we've got Soundcity MVA as well as Channel O, so we really don't care.

6 Likes

Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by GameGuyPH: 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lol, who cares about BET anyway? everyone knows it's the drizzling sh.its! cheesy African artists are actually helping them with publicity.

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by AmericanQueen: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
safarigirl: What a load of refined bulls.hit. I really don't blame you and your likes, shey una don see who una go fit form bad guys for.

Why don't your 'black' artistes that are world famous try and conquer the Grammys? Last I checked, the white people are still trumping your azzes and that's why you had to create a separate award cuz if it was all about the whole of America, you lot would still be grovelling for your white masters to recognise your illiterate music.

Dunno how you can accuse white people of being racist toward you only to come on here and run down Africans and tell em they're beneath you. Lemme break it down to you honey, you're in no position to run anyone down, take your BET nonsense and shove it down your black azzes. We've got MAMA, we've got the Headies and we've got Soundcity MVA as well as Channel O, so we really don't care.

Hmmm How exactly did I talk down on African music? I simply stated African music is not universal which it isn't, African American music IS universal hell African Americans invented EVERY popular genre of music there is today from gospel, rock n roll, jazz, blues, hip hop, RnB, pop, Disco, House, soul, funk, etc..! You can find African American music on every continent .

The only thing I a saying is the fake outrage needs to go else where. You can't compare the world famous African American music scene to the upcoming African music scene.

The Grammy's have always been biased but plenty of Black artist have dominated the Grammy's see Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Prince, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Lauyrn Hill, India Arie, Stevie Wonder etc..
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 08, 2014
safarigirl: What a load of refined bulls.hit. I really don't blame you and your likes, shey una don see who una go fit form bad guys for.

GBAM!!!!!!!TELL DAT BXTCH THE TRUTH angry

2 Likes

Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by safarigirl(f): 1:42am On Jul 08, 2014
AmericanQueen:

Hmmm How exactly did I talk down on African music? I simply stated African music is not universal which it isn't, African American music IS universal hell African Americans invented EVERY popular genre of music there is today from gospel, rock n roll, jazz, blues, hip hop, RnB, pop, Disco, House, soul, funk, etc..! You can find African American music on every continent .

The only thing I a saying is the fake outrage needs to go else where. You can't compare the world famous African American music scene to the upcoming African music scene.

The Grammy's have always been biased but plenty of Black artist have dominated the Grammy's see Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Prince, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Lauyrn Hill, India Arie, Stevie Wonder etc..
if no one gave the 'world famous' African American artistes airtime, no one would know your azzes. It's all about exposure.

Maybe if your useless BET spent a quarter of the time used to show deadbeat dads and under-achieving jailbirds to air some African music (and I mean real ones, not the nonsense you'd rather show), there's no reason our artistes can't measure up.

If you gave the likes of Burna boy, Patoranking, Bez and Chidinma the airtime you give those brainless 2chains and Meek Mills, I bet dem niqqas would be selling crack by now.

You fail to sound any less discriminatory than you did in your first post

8 Likes

Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2014
This fellow is sincerely stu:pid.
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by tpia1: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
are people still saying AAs and africans are the same?
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by Abbey2sam(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2014

I totally agree with you on this one, it's so unfortunate that things are the way are.....

They keep on crying racism. But they are no better
Re: BET Awards Celebrate "African-american" Achievemnt Not "African"!!! by xandyE(f): 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
How r u guys sure they r discriminatory to Africans cos am sure BET stands for black entertainment television not African American entertainment.

(1) (Reply)

LMAO.. Check Out Photos Of Messi, Suarez And Germany's Goalkeeper. / Couple Married 63 Years Dies On The Same Day (photo) / Incompetent Moderators And Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.