Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,478 members, 7,978,561 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

The Patriot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Patriot (485 Views)

Buhari Is A True Patriot To Resist Appointing Corrupt Men, Whether Friend Or Foe / Sanusi's Wikileak Expose: Patriot Or Traitor? / Is Dr Reuben Abati A True Patriot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Patriot by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2014
The Patriot

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crackpot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. For, a man who stands for nothing, will fall for anything! Malcolm X

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. And its he who deserve to be called a Patriot. Martin Luther King Jr.

Indeed, In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce and brave man, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain

A foolish man will say to himself : "I will choose no side, since the conflict is not yet at my corridoor".
Unaware that injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. What goes around will eventually comes around.
Like many ignoramous Nigerians are regarding the issue of Boko Haram as a mere Northern region's problem.
Listen to what Martin Neomoeller said after the battle of Nuremberge: "In Germany they came first for the Communists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.
To keep silent in the face of injustice, and Governmental ineptitude does not mean that you are holy or rational, it simply means that you a damn Coward or you are unaware that whether you speak out or dont, you will eventually die, why dont you then speak out, lend your voice, time and resources toward building a better society for your self and your children, and your children's children.

Fellow Nigerians, if we are indeed serious about the 'Nigeria of our dream' then we must not sit at home and waite for things to happen, rather we must all go straight out to happen to things.

1 Like

Re: The Patriot by chacoonder(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
@Op, I would love to be part of this community but i need to know more about your road map.

1 Like

Re: The Patriot by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
@Op, I would love to be part of this community but i need to know more about your

(1) (Reply)

The Gold Or The Mud ??? / Produce Evidence, If APC Leaders Are Terrorists – Atiku Writes Jonathan / Hillary Clinton Sees Diplomatic Promise In Social Media.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.